Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The two parties who have run this country for decades facilitated the deaths of 9,000 children in mother and baby homes with their friends in the church so you can take your fake outrage elsewhere.

Nail on the head. FF/FG have their cake. Lining their pockets for generations. They don't want anyone taking that away. That's all it is. The same people who were complicit in facilitating, covering for and protecting the horrors of the mother and baby homes have the gall to play at morals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

biggest irony being,if FG had been in power,during WW2,given their background.....its the RAF and not the lufewaffe who would been bombing the country

So now we have vague link between FG and
    Nazi's
    Orange Order
    DUP
    Russia
    Im sure more but can't remember

:P
    Really the Huff&Puff party propaganda is on overdrive

Nail on the head. FF/FG have their cake. Lining their pockets for generations. They don't want anyone taking that away. That's all it is. The same people who were complicit in facilitating, covering for and protecting the horrors of the mother and baby homes have the gall to play at morals.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I only see one group using the deaths of Mother/Baby as a points scoring exercise. I think you will find FF & FG both asked for an inquiry and no matter how good bad it was it was done, by an external company who should be questions about the details in it.

Yet to see for Huff&Puff apologise for murdering children, raping children, murder and raping men and women, the list goes on. We just get the excuse's and then "ahh sure look at them"
    Also the video of a poor woman dying was thrown around here recently for no reason at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Can we not just get rid of all the politicians we currently have and start over?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nazi's
    Orange Order
    DUP
    Russia

Not sure about the Russians, but to me there's little seperates the DUP and the Orange order, both are sectarian, homophobic and bigoted organisations.

I'm struggling to find any reason to associate oneself with them to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not sure about the Russians, but to me there's little seperates the DUP and the Orange order, both are sectarian, homophobic and bigoted organisations.

I'm struggling to find any reason to associate oneself with them to be honest.

The Russian connection is with the IRA - were they not a proxy of the USSR?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

That is the fallacy. That is where your credibility disintegrates.

Ok, first thing first, let us not pretend that that poster is arguing in good faith here. I don't want to get into a mud fight with you about it, but to suggest he/she is some neutral independent observer who just wants to chew the fat over history is a nice ruse and story, but we all know where the motivation to "whatabout' away the numerous atrocities committed by the PIRA. You cannot debate with people who are arguing from the get go by bad faith.

Regardless, I have posted, recently numerous posts that support my viewpoint and given plenty of room to condemn unequivocally what the PIRA did to innocent people and everyone else alike. That has not happened. It is not my fault that this has not occurred.

However, this is just an extension of what SF/PIRA have been up to for the last few decades. Instead of reaching out and building bridges, they have resorted to demonising opponents, revising history to suit while not giving a one damm about their victims.

Case in point, withholding information from the authorities about bombings that killed 21 innocent civilians more than 40 years ago. If SF/PIRA were serious about reconciliation, remorse and regret, they may start there. But sadly leadership at the top is lacking or controlled by the ex-PIRA goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So you think your man crazyfather1 meant to type "Sinn Fein" instead of "FG", might be an idea in asking him to clarify.... Maybe he will kill two birds with one stone etc etc.

Nazi's
    Orange Order
    DUP
    Russia
    Im sure more but can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Ok, first thing first, let us not pretend that that poster is arguing in good faith here. I don't want to get into a mud fight with you about it, but to suggest he/she is some neutral independent observer who just wants to chew the fat over history is a nice ruse and story, but we all know where the motivation to "whatabout' away the numerous atrocities committed by the PIRA. You cannot debate with people who are arguing from the get go by bad faith.

Regardless, I have posted, recently numerous posts that support my viewpoint and given plenty of room to condemn unequivocally what the PIRA did to innocent people and everyone else alike. That has not happened. It is not my fault that this has not occurred.

However, this is just an extension of what SF/PIRA have been up to for the last few decades. Instead of reaching out and building bridges, they have resorted to demonising opponents, revising history to suit while not giving a one damm about their victims.

Case in point, withholding information from the authorities about bombings that killed 21 innocent civilians more than 40 years ago. If SF/PIRA were serious about reconciliation, remorse and regret, they may start there. But sadly leadership at the top is lacking or controlled by the ex-PIRA goons.

I have never supported the IRA here or anywhere else.
    I do not condone violence and have repeatedly stated it was all wrong from the start. And i posted several times what my stated unequivocal view was of killing children.
    And STILL you insinuate and infer that I justify it.

Not sure about you, but to me, using a victim of sexual abuse to score some political points online is pretty sick to me, nevermind the fact she was groomed when very young.

Oh, here comes the 'Yea, but she was a member of the RNU for a bit' comeback but that, holds no water.

Yourself and others make great hay and yarns about the M&B homes scandal, yet will use an abuse victim to score some internet points in the same breath.

I think it shows us all your motivation here and the morals that back up your posting style. Everyone is fair game, even rape victims.

So all Ms. Cahill is to you is a victim? She has no personality, no politics? She's just a victim to be rolled out when convenient? Says a lot about the mindset of people would make her a senator. The woman was and is used by the law and order party followers on an almost daily basis. Yet if anyone mentions generational horrors of the mother and baby homes backed by the FF/FG state they are using the victims? Complete dishonest hypocrisy and fake moralising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

IRA statement from 2002:

"While it was not our intention to injure or kill non-combatants, the reality is that on this and on a number of other occasions that was the consequence of our actions.

"It is therefore appropriate on the anniversary of this tragic event that we address all of the deaths and injuries of non-combatants caused by us. We offer our sincere apologies and condolences to their families.

"There have been fatalities among combatants on all sides. We also acknowledge the grief and pain of their relatives."

The statement went on to say that conflict resolution required recognition of the grief and loss of others and the IRA was trying to fulfil its responsibilities. "The future will not be found in denying collective failures and mistakes or closing minds and hearts to the plight of those who have been hurt. That includes all of the victims of the conflict, combatants and non-combatants. It will not be achieved by creating a hierarchy of victims in which some are deemed more or less worthy than others."

It concluded by stating that the Provisional movement remained unequivocally committed to the peace process, and dealing with its challenges, which "includes the acceptance of past mistakes and of the hurt and pain we have caused to others".

McMurphy wrote: »
    So you think your man crazyfather1 meant to type "Sinn Fein" instead of "FG", might be an idea in asking him to clarify.... Maybe he will kill two birds with one stone etc etc.

FG do have those connection to be fair to him.
    But any Russian connection might likely only relate to the FF/FG state allowing Oligarch associates of Putin launder their money.
    A great little country to do your washing in.

I do indeed....i also.know with out it,there would been no pira,no troubles....the fact the south didnt decend into a bloody sectarian war,is proof enough for me

I wonder how many Unionists lived in the South compared to the North...maybe an important factor, No? :pac:

IRA statement from 2002:

"While it was not our intention to injure or kill non-combatants, the reality is that on this and on a number of other occasions that was the consequence of our actions.

"It is therefore appropriate on the anniversary of this tragic event that we address all of the deaths and injuries of non-combatants caused by us. We offer our sincere apologies and condolences to their families.

"There have been fatalities among combatants on all sides. We also acknowledge the grief and pain of their relatives."

The statement went on to say that conflict resolution required recognition of the grief and loss of others and the IRA was trying to fulfil its responsibilities. "The future will not be found in denying collective failures and mistakes or closing minds and hearts to the plight of those who have been hurt. That includes all of the victims of the conflict, combatants and non-combatants. It will not be achieved by creating a hierarchy of victims in which some are deemed more or less worthy than others."

It concluded by stating that the Provisional movement remained unequivocally committed to the peace process, and dealing with its challenges, which "includes the acceptance of past mistakes and of the hurt and pain we have caused to others".

Meally mouthed.

Look at their actions, not their words.
    Even that 'apology' had lots of equivocations.

Seemingly now FG are in collaboration with the Russians because Leo said they had a good vaccine.

Roughly 400K in 1911 census figures iirc.....mainly older/families linked to army.......waterford being one of counties with largest prodestant populations (hence why we have among largest average farm size)

But sure pettyfog away,to distract from.the main substance of the post...your actions are clear for all to see

What's the main substance of the post or point again?

We can wish away the large Unionist population in the North and we will all live among the Unicorns and Rainbows?
    If it were only that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

IRA statement from 2002:

Can you please quote the part where they condemn the killing of innocent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Getting back on topic, the extent of Sinn Fein cronyism grows.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/02/05/news/martin-mcguinness-s-former-adviser-appointed-to-education-authority-board-2210917/

"A FORMER adviser to the late Martin McGuinness has been appointed to the board of the Education Authority (EA).

Paul Kavanagh is one of three new people nominated by Sinn Féin."

Aside from the clear cronyism how any reasonable person could conclude that a convicted bomber like him is suitable for such a post is beyond me.

Is this what is ahead of us if they ever get into power down here? Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Yes, the numbers are true. Homelessness in the North has been getting worse over the last year to eighteen months while the numbers have been steadily improving down here.

The numbers which went above 10,000 in 2019 have been declining steadily since to be just above 8,000, a near 20% drop.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, the numbers are true. Homelessness in the North has been getting worse over the last year to eighteen months while the numbers have been steadily improving down here.

The numbers which went above 10,000 in 2019 have been declining steadily since to be just above 8,000, a near 20% drop.

They calculated completely different as highlighted to you before so you cannot compare like with like. Leo tried the same sh8te and got rightly called out for it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-fact-check-how-many-people-are-homeless-in-northern-ireland-1.4162666

They calculated completely different as highlighted to you before so you cannot compare like with like. Leo tried the same sh8te and got rightly called out for it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-fact-check-how-many-people-are-homeless-in-northern-ireland-1.4162666

That's behind a paywall, can't read it.

However, no matter what it says, it is out-of-date.

Homelessness is down 20% in Ireland.

Up North, it is still on the way up.

What does that tell you?

Getting back on topic, the extent of Sinn Fein cronyism grows.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/02/05/news/martin-mcguinness-s-former-adviser-appointed-to-education-authority-board-2210917/

"A FORMER adviser to the late Martin McGuinness has been appointed to the board of the Education Authority (EA).

Paul Kavanagh is one of three new people nominated by Sinn Féin."

Aside from the clear cronyism how any reasonable person could conclude that a convicted bomber like him is suitable for such a post is beyond me.

Is this what is ahead of us if they ever get into power down here? Sickening.

Did you not know SF have former IRA in their party? Japers.
    Anytime it's raised you can pretend it's news for more effect I suppose :)

Did you not know SF have former IRA in their party? Japers.
    Anytime it's raised you can pretend it's news for more effect I suppose :)

OK, leave aside the nauseating spectacle of a convicted killer in charge of education policy.

So you support the crony appointment of former advisors to State boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Im not asking how its calculated

Thats shocking considering a lot were voting for SF with the hope of fixing the issue

That's behind a paywall, can't read it.

However, no matter what it says, it is out-of-date.

Homelessness is down 20% in Ireland.

Up North, it is still on the way up.

What does that tell you?

Show us the stats for this.

OK, leave aside the nauseating spectacle of a convicted killer in charge of education policy.

So you support the crony appointment of former advisors to State boards?

You trying to say any party nomination is crony just doesn't wash Blanch.
    It's a far cry from having five or more applicants and only putting you party pal forward for consideration isn't it? Are you trying to fool me or yourself?

Using the homeless now? Got tired of the Covid victims?
    We've covered the numerous Covid related reasons as to why the FG driven record breaking crises figures have dropped marginally since the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

atticu wrote: »
    Can you please quote the part where they condemn the killing of innocent people.

What an odd way to respond.

'Aha, you didn't use the form of words I thought you should use, therefore you are not sincere'.

• Advertisement

Show us the stats for this.

https://www.focusireland.ie/resource-hub/latest-figures-homelessness-ireland/

Even the graph on Focus Ireland shows the decline. Getting close to 20% reduction.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/number-on-social-housing-waiting-lists-in-north-rises-by-10-1.4482407

The trend in Northern Ireland is up by around 10%.

So even if the numbers are not directly comparable, the trends indicate which country is dealing better with the situation.

Advertisement