Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Billcarson wrote: »
    In whos planet????
    What about cost of living?
    The human need to live in a house?
    Freedom from corruption, jesus christ are you having a laugh.

All day they've been talking about whole generations blocked from either owning or renting homes due to stagnation of wages and some of the highest rents in the EU. Then some of the govt fans come on and tell them they've never had it so good.

Looking forward to the next election if this ship of doom isn't turned hard about pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All day they've been talking about whole generations blocked from either owning or renting homes due to stagnation of wages and some of the highest rents in the EU. Then some of the govt fans come on and tell them they've never had it so good.

Looking forward to the next election if this ship of doom isn't turned hard about pretty soon.

Yes the esri have said low wages,expensive houses , high rents etc are locking out an entire generation .
    By God I hope that generation get revenge on ff and fg.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

In whos planet????

https://www.statista.com/statistics/868129/average-transaction-price-of-new-dwelling-europe/

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Wages_and_labour_costs#Gross_wages.2Fearnings

Look I don't doubt the anecdotal experiences being talked about on radio, but in a European context, we are above average for median earnings and below average for cost per square metre in buying houses, which basically means that it is much easier for an average person to buy a house in Ireland than in most places in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes the esri have said low wages,expensive houses , high rents etc are locking out an entire generation .
    By God I hope that generation get revenge on ff and fg.

And how will they do that, William.

Outline it if you will………..all ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/868129/average-transaction-price-of-new-dwelling-europe/

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Wages_and_labour_costs#Gross_wages.2Fearnings

Look I don't doubt the anecdotal experiences being talked about on radio, but in a European context, we are above average for median earnings and below average for cost per square metre in buying houses, which basically means that it is much easier for an average person to buy a house in Ireland than in most places in Europe.

In fairness Blanch, someone being excluded from the market in Maynooth or Monaghan doesn't really give a damn that they're better off than the lad in Munich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Marco23d wrote: »

You girls can gossip and spread misinformation and half truths all you want but you cannot prevent the inevitable the provos are going to run the 26 counties and then soon enough all Ireland.

This is what I love about the progressive supporters of SF, using name calling by insinuating women are inferior to men.

Absolutely fantastic.

And how will they do that, William.

Outline it if you will………..all ears?

The vote, you dying out breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In whos planet????

"Who's planet" is the epitome of Irishness, a failure to recognize where the country actually stands in reality outside of one's own narrow perceived sphere of view.

The UN Human development index puts Ireland at joint second with Switzerland out of 189 countires.

Our corruption index is 20 out of 180, hardly the worst in the world.

We are a successful country and have developed massively over the last several decades. I'm old enough to remember the '80s, where the human need to live in a house back then was solved by emigration.

In fairness Blanch, someone being excluded from the market in Maynooth or Monaghan doesn't really give a damn that they're better off than the lad in Munich.

There is no problem buying a house in Monaghan.

As for Maynooth, it is a very short commute by rail from Dublin, within the well-paid circle of Intel, so it is no surprise that average income won't buy you something there. There are cheaper properties in parts of Dublin 15.

The vote, you dying out breed.

And who will they vote for to achieve this amazing turnabout, William?

• Advertisement

And who will they vote for to achieve this amazing turnabout, William?

I don't expect sf or any other party to magically turn things around I'm not that nieve. But I think alot of people have had enough of ff and fg. I would reasonably expect MM to be the last ever ff taoisech when he hands over the reins to LV at the start of 2022. Times are changing politically in this country ,ff and fg supporters can spin whatever they like but they are/ will become a dying breed of that i have no doubt.

Btw Im not nieve enough to think this country or any other should be perfect either ,we don't live in a perfect world but it could and should be better.

I don't expect sf or any other party to magically turn things around I'm not that nieve. But I think alot of people have had enough of ff and fg. I would reasonably expect MM to be the last ever ff taoisech when he hands over the reins to LV at the start of 2022. Times are changing politically in this country ,ff and fg supporters can spin whatever they like but they are/ will become a dying breed of that i have no doubt.

Btw Im not nieve enough to think this country or any other should be perfect either ,we don't live in a perfect world but it could and should be better.

Fair enough William, honest enough answer there.

Ta ta.

Any government, not including FF and FG, won't last six months. Hopefully the damage done will not be too significant.

People won't know how good things are, until they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

Ffg are so toxic that people will cut off their nose to spite their face. I mean imagine being so bad at running a country that you let SF in. Don't blame SF or the public. This is all on the incumbents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Any government, not including FF and FG, won't last six months. Hopefully the damage done will not be too significant.

Why have FF or FG a god given right to be in government? After all the fook ups they have presided over and suddenly they are our great hope?

Any further developments about the President of SF asking Martina Anderson to stand down as a MLA?

What's the story there? Massive call by Mary Lou. Chips all in when it comes to Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

"Who's planet" is the epitome of Irishness, a failure to recognize where the country actually stands in reality outside of one's own narrow perceived sphere of view.

The UN Human development index puts Ireland at joint second with Switzerland out of 189 countires.

Our corruption index is 20 out of 180, hardly the worst in the world.

We are a successful country and have developed massively over the last several decades. I'm old enough to remember the '80s, where the human need to live in a house back then was solved by emigration.

Even in these indexes we've cooked the books. Our fake GDP figure alone puts us artificially high. Once you use GNP we fall at least 8 place in most rankings. Then corruption index? Don't make me laugh. We don't have adequate anti corruption laws to even measure that right. Some of the stuff that would get you locked up in other countries isn't even legislated for here.

Well we will find out sooner or later and you can put your theory to the test ,if which i think your theory will prove incorrect.

smurgen wrote: »
    Even in these indexes we've cooked the books. Our fake GDP figure alone puts us artificially high. Once you use GNP we fall at least 8 place in most rankings. Then corruption index? Don't make me laugh. We don't have adequate anti corruption laws to even measure that right. Some of the stuff that would get you locked up in other countries isn't even legislated for here.
    I think SF should look at who it supports first before denograting our country as being worse than it actually is and by a long long long shot

Venuzela,Cuba,China,Russia,those kind of places that SF cosy up to as beacons of light to praise ;)

https://www.catholicarena.com/latest/sinnfeinccp

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-meps-abstain-in-vote-on-russia-resolution-1.2246473

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/55240

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Cuba

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-defends-sinn-f%C3%A9in-attendance-at-maduro-inauguration-1.3756280

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/27/no-pity-for-corrupt-maduro-who-has-broken-his-country-democracy-must-have-its-day

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Marco23d wrote: »
    At the end of the day Sinn Fein/PIRA are getting closer and closer to complete control and power over all of Ireland.

You girls can gossip and spread misinformation and half truths all you want but you cannot prevent the inevitable the provos are going to run the 26 counties and then soon enough all Ireland.

Mod

Threadbanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

'Supports'???

If the metric is praising aspects of how a government behaves and turning a blind eye to other bad behavioural aspects then we 'support' all sorts of things as a country due to the activities of our governments.
    Does our relationship with the UK mean we support the killing of another 10 of our people on the streets of Ireland for instance? Does our provision of Shannon Airport and other facilitations mean we 'support' what the Americans do elsewhere or even in their own country?

Praising an action or a policy of another government doesn't mean you 'support' all it does.

There was no rush to the keyboards, I noticed, up on the high moral desks when SF criticised human rights abuses (which occur in every government in the west if you care to look without blinkers) by China...but give what you believe to be deserved praise and whoosh...starter for ten for the high moral grounders. :)

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/57586

'Supports'???

If the metric is praising aspects of how a government behaves and turning a blind eye to other bad behavioural aspects then we 'support' all sorts of things as a country due to the activities of our governments.
    Does our relationship with the UK mean we support the killing of another 10 of our people on the streets of Ireland for instance? Does our provision of Shannon Airport and other facilitations mean we 'support' what the Americans do elsewhere or even in their own country?

Praising an action or a policy of another government doesn't mean you 'support' all it does.

There was no rush to the keyboards, I noticed, up on the high moral desks when SF criticised human rights abuses (which occur in every government in the west if you care to look without blinkers) by China...but give what you believe to be deserved praise and whoosh...starter for ten for the high moral grounders. :)

Oh I'd say those Uigars have had poverty abolished alright Francie :)
    Hypocrites

Oh I'd say those Uigars have had poverty abolished alright Francie :)
    Hypocrites

I figured it would be a trite answer.

Hazzard, like the UN and others praised the 'intention' to eradicate domestic poverty.

SF (as backed up and ignored by you in favour of a trite response) have criticised China (like the UN and others) for human rights abuses as they will western states.

I figured it would be a trite answer.

Hazzard, like the UN and others praised the 'intention' to eradicate domestic poverty.

SF (as backed up and ignored by you in favour of a trite response) have criticised China (like the UN and others) for human rights abuses as they will western states.

What a load of bollícks :)
    They handwave away one of the most police states in the world eveytime they praise it for its empty achievements

'Supports'???

The Sinn Fein support for Venezuela trumps all. Within Europe, the friendship extended to the loons in Syriza by Sinn Fein is probably the stupidest international act of any political party. Does Pearse still have the tourist photos?

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Why have FF or FG a god given right to be in government? After all the fook ups they have presided over and suddenly they are our great hope?

Never said that they have a god given right to be in government. All I have said is that the international indicators all show that this is one of the best places to live in the world and that the alternatives currently available to FF and FG (with the exception of the Greens who are the best option in my opinion, and possibly Labour/SDs if they merge) are far worse than they are.

No self-respecting voting population should let the likes of SF or PBP anywhere near power, not to mention some of the independent headcases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

Never said that they have a god given right to be in government. All I have said is that the international indicators all show that this is one of the best places to live in the world and that the alternatives currently available to FF and FG (with the exception of the Greens who are the best option in my opinion, and possibly Labour/SDs if they merge) are far worse than they are.

No self-respecting voting population should let the likes of SF or PBP anywhere near power, not to mention some of the independent headcases.

Well the self respecting population showed last year, they much prefer Sinn Fein over Fine Gael and that hurts Fine Gael.

The truth is they havnt got over the election result, and by the looks of things they never will.

FF leader has them at nearly single digits in the polls.
    FG leader has been the subject of a criminal investigation for months.

But yeh Sinn Fein would be bad in charge

Well the self respecting population showed last year, they much prefer Sinn Fein over Fine Gael and that hurts Fine Gael.

The truth is they havnt got over the election result, and by the looks of things they never will.

FF leader has them at nearly single digits in the polls.
    FG leader has been the subject of a criminal investigation for months.

But yeh Sinn Fein would be bad in charge

Sinn Fein would be awful in government, that is true irrespective of anything else in your post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

Sinn Fein would be awful in government, that is true irrespective of anything else in your post.

Fine Fail and Fine Gael have been awful in Government for a century now. People are willing to give Sinn Fein a chance, deal with it.

Sinn Fein are not responsible for the education crisis, health crisis (pre covid), national debt, housing etc etc.. Thats all on FFG

• Advertisement

I could get into what our 'friendships' have stood over. But I won't.
    I will just say it is the ultimate in hypocrisy really to be taking holier than thou stances here.

Advertisement