Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

blanch152 wrote: »
    I think the problem comes from this sentence in the newspaper article:

"The decision came from the party leadership following concern over recent disappointing election results in the city."

I don't think anybody is clear on who the party leadership is. There are some who believe that Mary-Lou McDonald is the party leader, there is another reasonable opinion that the boys in Belfast run the party and make the decisions. I can understand why the newspaper hedged their bets on it.

I didnt say Mary Lou didnt know about it. I stated Mary Lou never sent anyone to meet both MLAs.

Thats Michelles job

Ah the boys in Belfast line, its pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think the problem comes from this sentence in the newspaper article:

"The decision came from the party leadership following concern over recent disappointing election results in the city."

I don't think anybody is clear on who the party leadership is. There are some who believe that Mary-Lou McDonald is the party leader, there is another reasonable opinion that the boys in Belfast run the party and make the decisions. I can understand why the newspaper hedged their bets on it.

Dissecting the Indo.
    Eoghan Harris's crowd.
    Pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I didnt say Mary Lou didnt know about it. I stated Mary Lou never sent anyone to meet both MLAs.

Thats Michelles job

Ah the boys in Belfast line, its pathetic

I am going to operate on the basis that you are new to the reality of what Sinn Fein are.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-shake-up-in-derry-follows-review-by-wider-republican-family-1.4556489

"Respondents were “guaranteed confidentiality” by a review panel of “senior republicans” including elected and unelected officials from across Ireland."

Senior republicans? Unelected officials? Not named?

If it quacks like a duck......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Is this the end

I am going to operate on the basis that you are new to the reality of what Sinn Fein are.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-shake-up-in-derry-follows-review-by-wider-republican-family-1.4556489

"Respondents were “guaranteed confidentiality” by a review panel of “senior republicans” including elected and unelected officials from across Ireland."

Senior republicans? Unelected officials? Not named?

If it quacks like a duck......

My fathers from Belfast, my mother's from Derry. I have known about Sinn Fein since i was in my nappies.

What i do know is that they are gaining more and more seats each general election in ROI the last 20 years and are now one of the 2 largest parties in the 26

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Barry904

Some of the posters on here need to cop on and start treating Sinn Fein with some respect.

After all they have done for this country over the years and the posters on here are showing no respect whatsoever, shameful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Barry904 wrote: »
    Some of the posters on here need to cop on and start treating Sinn Fein with some respect.

After all they have done for this country over the years and the posters on here are showing no respect whatsoever, shameful.

Are you trolling us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

All they've done ? Murder Gardai, murder men women and children not to mention rob the odd bank......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fann Linn wrote: »
    4 posts up ^^^ ye said it was Mary Lou.
    You'd want to get your story straight. Tripping up all over the place.

It's very easy to confuse the puppet with the master puppeteer - that's the art of the presentation. Mary Lou was put forward as heir apparent, no debate needed.

During the government formation talks, Gerry took part in the SF negotiation team, despite having stepped down. FF didn't invite Cowan or Bertie and FG didn't invite Enda. It does make you wonder about Gerry and the Army council.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

I think Michelle and Mary Lou are puppets with Gerry pulling the strings. The stranglehold Adams and McGuinness had on SF is not usual in a Democratic Party. All democratic parties are subject to leadership challenges or transparent elections. Apparently SF are a special breed of Democratic Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Michelle deals with all matters regarding the NI assemly

Mary Lou deals with all matters regarding the 26 counties

Its not very hard to understand

you seriously don't believe this do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

batman75 wrote: »
    Are you trolling us?

Chances are high…..Betway have suspended all betting pending an inquiry.

batman75 wrote: »
    I think Michelle and Mary Lou are puppets with Gerry pulling the strings. The stranglehold Adams and McGuinness had on SF is not usual in a Democratic Party. All democratic parties are subject to leadership challenges or transparent elections. Apparently SF are a special breed of Democratic Party.

Connolly House,dude, that’s where it’s at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

If Mary Lou deals with the 26 countries republic why then does she keep running up to the north at every opportunity.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If Mary Lou deals with the 26 countries republic why then does she keep running up to the north at every opportunity.

Mary Lou confirmed in a note to SIPO last year that Sinn Fein operate as a partionist party, so different operation in the 6 counties.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Some form of united Ireland will likely be delivered by demographics within the next 10-15 years. SF/IRA activities over the last 100 years won't have hastened that by a day.

Because she is an Irish woman, she is a politician in the 26 counties but cares about all the men, women and children of Ireland equally.

rdwight wrote: »
    Some form of united Ireland will likely be delivered by demographics within the next 10-15 years. SF/IRA activities over the last 100 years won't have hastened that by a day.

That's what you think, who knows what situation we might be in today if it wasn't for SF\IRA.

Independent inquiry clears SF over Storey funeral today following up on PSNI refusal to press charges according to News at 1.00.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

smurgen and Barry904 if you want to discuss Fine Gael do it in the relevant thread. Drag this thread off topic again and you'll lose access here

Independent inquiry clears SF over Storey funeral today following up on PSNI refusal to press charges according to News at 1.00.

Independent enquiry cleared the PSNI.

It did not clear Sinn Fein. They were not part of the terms of reference. Effectively, the independent inquiry said that the PSNI had no option because of the politically-sensitive nature of the funeral - that is on Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

Independent enquiry cleared the PSNI.

It did not clear Sinn Fein. They were not part of the terms of reference. Effectively, the independent inquiry said that the PSNI had no option because of the politically-sensitive nature of the funeral - that is on Sinn Fein.
    brought
    Can I use your interpretation if no charges are brought
    against Leo?

brought
    Can I use your interpretation if no charges are brought
    against Leo?

The independent inquiry focussed on the actions of the PSNI. It did not clear Sinn Fein of anything.

Similarly, a GSOC inquiry would not rule on the guilt or innocence of a person accused of criminality, it would only focus on the actions of the Gardai.

You can use the example in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A vexacious and time wasting charade really is all you can say about it. A cohort didnt get their way and threw the toys out.

As well as putting the bereaved through unnecessary grief it only served to destabilise.

Hopefully like other mistakes made around Covid it is over and people stop exploiting it.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Henry The Hoover

Very worrying signs for Govt in the Irish Times/Daily Mail polls

��Poll��

Ireland Thinks / Mail on Sunday
    Approval Rating

SF: 30% (+3)
    FG: 25% (-1)
    FF: 15% (-1)
    SD: 7% (+1)
    LP: 4% (-1)
    AON: 4% (nc)
    S-PBP: 3% (nc)
    GP: 3% (nc)
    I/O: 9% (-1)

��Poll��

Q. “Do you have confidence in the Minister for Housing, Darragh O’Brien to tackle the housing crisis?”

No: 67%
    Yes: 16%
    Unsure: 17%

��Poll��

Q. “Which of the three largest parties is best places to tackle the housing crisis?”

Sinn Féin: 41%
    Fine Gael: 22%
    Fianna Fáil: 20%
    Unsure: 17%

A vexacious and time wasting charade really is all you can say about it. A cohort didnt get their way and threw the toys out.

As well as putting the bereaved through unnecessary grief it only served to destabilise.

Hopefully like other mistakes made around Covid it is over and people stop exploiting it.

'No bias in policing between the two Communities and a successful prosecution could not be brought as no clear evidence that there was any blatant disregard for Covid regs' as reported on Matt Cooper this evening.

Senator Blaney telling it as it is down in the Upper House.

Uhmm…………

Sound of slates being lifted and woodlice scurrying ……

What’s goin’ on?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Uhmm…………

What’s goin’ on?

Senator Blaney's plea's about democracy being under attack and what is wrong with our 'media', makes me think Mr. Blaney has been under a rock himself this last while. :):)

Uhmm…………

What’s goin’ on?

Has he no Golf events to be attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Eh, no. It was a police watchdog that was doing the investigating and it was looking into how the PSNI handled the funeral.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/police-watchdog-clears-psni-of-bias-in-handling-storey-funeral-saying-force-prioritised-public-safety-over-covid-laws-40434382.html

• Advertisement

rdwight wrote: »
    Eh, no. It was a police watchdog that was doing the investigating and it was looking into how the PSNI handled the funeral.

So basically the PSNIs verdict that Sinn Fein done no wrong was correct

Advertisement