Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

rdwight wrote: »

From your link:

Parr added: “Due to the complex and frequently changing Covid-19 regulations, we are not confident that there was enough evidence to prove to a court that any of the attendees at Bobby Storey’s funeral had knowingly committed an offence – and we therefore agree with the decision not to prosecute.

“I am reassured that the PSNI showed no bias in its handling of the funeral, and that the service would have taken the same approach if the funeral was held in a different community.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Barry904 wrote: »
    That's what you think, who knows what situation we might be in today if it wasn't for SF\IRA.

You mean it's possible Catholics wouldn't be on the verge of becoming a majority in NI if it wasn't for SInn Fein?

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Henry The Hoover

rdwight wrote: »
    You mean it's possible Catholics wouldn't be on the verge of becoming a majority in NI if it wasn't for SInn Fein?

Well if the amount of refugees continued to come south after the 70s, its hard to say what would have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

blanch152 wrote: »
    Independent enquiry cleared the PSNI.

It did not clear Sinn Fein. They were not part of the terms of reference. Effectively, the independent inquiry said that the PSNI had no option because of the politically-sensitive nature of the funeral - that is on Sinn Fein.

Will this finally put an end to this man's funeral being used to score points by yourself and.orhrrs?
    The psni initially said they didn't believe that there was sufficient grounds to prosecute anyone as the evidence anyone actually broke any law wasn't there, and now an independent enquiry has agreed with them..

Move along now, it's time to cling to something else, a complete and utter failure to get "themuns" from those inside FF(G) and the complicit media in Dublin once again.

Of all things to use to score political points, a funeral must surely be a new low, let's hope we have heard the last of those using it as such.

Senator Blaney telling it as it is down in the Upper House.

Uhmm…………

Sound of slates being lifted and woodlice scurrying ……

What’s goin’ on?

He accused the Irish media of not reporting it. Aoife Moore (who some say is a SF supporter) broke this news in the Irish Examiner before anyone else.

Last time i checked the Irish examiner, they were the Irish media.

Its been known this was going to happen in Derry for ages now. Reported in numerous papers in the 6 counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

CDarby wrote: »
    Will this finally put an end to this man's funeral being used to score points by yourself and.orhrrs?
    The psni initially said they didn't believe that there was sufficient grounds to prosecute anyone as the evidence anyone actually broke any law wasn't there, and now an independent enquiry has agreed with them..

Move along now, it's time to cling to something else, a complete and utter failure to get "themuns" from those inside FF(G) and the complicit media in Dublin once again.

Of all things to use to score political points, a funeral must surely be a new low, let's hope we have heard the last of those using it as such.

There isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Gerry Adams for perjury, but we all know that he is a liar. He told one story to a TV programme, another to a judge, but only he knows which (if either) is true.

Ditto in this case. We know the funeral broke regulations, as plain as the nose on your face, but we don't have enough evidence to prosecute anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Gerry Adams for perjury, but we all know that he is a liar. He told one story to a TV programme, another to a judge, but only he knows which (if either) is true.

Ditto in this case. We know the funeral broke regulations, as plain as the nose on your face, but we don't have enough evidence to prosecute anyone.

Or they don’t have the cahunas……

So FFG will continue to say what about the funeral anytime something bad comes up about them.

I dont think thats going to work, we have seen the opinion polls now have SF as the clear leader all because FFG have used the tactic but Sf when defending themselves on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So you are sticking with your corrupt police and CPS and now the independent inquiry team?

Rather than just admit you over reacted again?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

That's s deliberate misrepresentation of what was actually saiid.

"In March the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) said it could not recommend prosecutions due to a lack of clarity around the regulations and because of prior engagement between Sinn Fein and the PSNI during funeral planning"

There was footage of that funeral being broadcast almost daily for months afterwards, I personally don't think "evidence" (or a lack of) was the issue.

The issue (as stated above) is because it wasn't actually clear any restrictions were broken, due to a lack of clarity in the regulations, and prior planning coordinated with the police.

I know you were accusing the psni bias and corruption, but the independent enquiry doesn't agree with you on that either. Don't tell me, everyone else is wrong and you are right?

• Advertisement

Can someone point me to where the Storey funeral is still being rabbitted on and on about by the government or anyone else other than in this thread?
    Noone is talking about it at all,its irrelevant at this stage :)

Can someone point me to where the Storey funeral is still being rabbitted on and on about by the government or anyone else other than in this thread?
    Noone is talking about it at all,its irrelevant at this stage :)

:) We're still hearing about a TV interview that apparently nobody has ever been able to find a clip of after how many years?

They'll be throwing up the funeral for a while yet. A lot of disappointed campers tonight.

So FFG will continue to say what about the funeral anytime something bad comes up about them.

I dont think thats going to work, we have seen the opinion polls now have SF as the clear leader all because FFG have used the tactic but Sf when defending themselves on anything.

I don't really care whether FFG talk about it or not. I can only tell you about my opinion, and my opinion is that SF arrogantly believed that their funeral was special and above the law. That is wrong.

CDarby wrote: »
    That's s deliberate misrepresentation of what was actually saiid.

"In March the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) said it could not recommend prosecutions due to a lack of clarity around the regulations and because of prior engagement between Sinn Fein and the PSNI during funeral planning"

There was footage of that funeral being broadcast almost daily for months afterwards, I personally don't think "evidence" (or a lack of) was the issue.

The issue (as stated above) is because it wasn't actually clear any restrictions were broken, due to a lack of clarity in the regulations, and prior planning coordinated with the police.

I know you were accusing the psni bias and corruption, but the independent enquiry doesn't agree with you on that either. Don't tell me, everyone else is wrong and you are right?

That's a load of nonsense. Applying the same argument to Golfgate and nobody there was guilty of anything, yet people were hounded out of jobs and they are still after Woulfe.

I am quite clear, Calleary had to go because he should have known, ditto Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy. Same standards.

All you have done is insinuated that O'Neill and Murphy are too thick to understand the rules they themselves put in place. I wouldn't insult them like that.

So you are sticking with your corrupt police and CPS and now the independent inquiry team?

Rather than just admit you over reacted again?

Not at all. Dara Calleary wasn't prosecuted for Golfgate, yet he correctly resigned. All I am asking is that O'Neill and Murphy do the same thing. It appears that Sinn Fein have lower standards than Fianna Fail.

Not at all. Dara Calleary wasn't prosecuted for Golfgate, yet he correctly resigned. All I am asking is that O'Neill and Murphy do the same thing. It appears that Sinn Fein have lower standards than Fianna Fail.

We know why DC resigned, FG wanted the scalp and FF were too weak to resist.

It was a joke episode really.

Northern SF in turmoil at the moment by all accounts. Cracks appearing. Maybe Bobby was the lad keeping them all together?

All looking very old, pale, and stale with the tedious nationalists of the DUP and SF.

Hear the SDLP are targetting seats pretty much everywhere. The UUP are going to move very much towards the centre with Beatty being made leader.

The long game of an Northern Irish identity is becoming a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I don't really care whether FFG talk about it or not. I can only tell you about my opinion, and my opinion is that SF arrogantly believed that their funeral was special and above the law. That is wrong.

It seems to be a thing of big parties, FF, FG, and SF seem to think they can circumvent regulations. They also seem to like control over their members more than smaller parties.

Whatever it is, it needs stamping out across the board. If you've been convicted of an illegal thing, then you shouldn't be allowed to stand as a TD imo. (within boundaries ofc, stealing a bag of doritos is hardly a crime - those fexkers are tasty ðŸ˜)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

We know why DC resigned, FG wanted the scalp and FF were too weak to resist.

It was a joke episode really.

It's not the cause of the event but who makes you resign. (referring to the funerals mentioned above, this is your beliefs?)

It does show what we can expect with SF in power though with that thinking.

:) We're still hearing about a TV interview that apparently nobody has ever been able to find a clip of after how many years?

They'll be throwing up the funeral for a while yet. A lot of disappointed campers tonight.

But noones talking about it outside of here,a bit like that other matter
    Strange place this
    Thread unsubscribed

• Advertisement

Triangle wrote: »
    It's not the cause of the event but who makes you resign. (referring to the funerals mentioned above, this is your beliefs?)

It does show what we can expect with SF in power though with that thinking.

Our political culture has been one where nobody is held to account. We are famous for not resigning.

Nobody that I seen here was calling for resignations over Golfgate, and I don't think the public were either.
    People could see who was running the show and who was flexing their muscle...even to the point of column inches about FF anger over it.

But noones talking about it outside of here,a bit like that other matter
    Strange place this
    Thread unsubscribed

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-fein-told-police-10000-mourners-expected-to-attend-bobby-storey-funeral-40437960.html

"An investigation has found that police were told in the days prior to his death last June that up to 10,000 people were likely to attend the funeral of Bobby Storey, who was gravely ill in hospital in England."

This raises the level of seriousness. Does anyone really believe that Sinn Fein didn't think of the implications of this show of strength in the middle of a pandemic. I have huge sympathy for the PSNI following that report. They were faced with a politically organised deliberate flaunting of the Covid situation and a choice between managing the lawbreaking as best they could, or trying to enforce the law which would probably lead to a violent breakdown.

I have huge sympathy for the PSNI following that report. T.

:D:D:D A month or so ago you were allying with the DUP and intimating that the PSNI were corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

So basically the PSNIs verdict that Sinn Fein done no wrong was correct

No.
    And, welcome back.

:D:D:D A month or so ago you were allying with the DUP and intimating that the PSNI were corrupt.

And the report has clarified the difficulties that the PSNI faced in dealing with a sectarian funeral. I have no problem admitting that I was wrong about the PSNI being corrupt. However, the details of the report confirm that Sinn Fein is not a normal party and the PSNI have questions to answer. They also confirm that Sinn Fein were involved in organising the funeral and were planning to breach the regulations.

https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmicfrs/wp-content/uploads/inspection-into-psni-handling-of-the-bobby-storey-funeral-30-june-2020.pdf

"Mr Kelly told them that around 10,000 people were expected to attend his funeral. Similar numbers had attended the funeral of Martin McGuinness in March 2017. He also expected prominent Sinn Féin politicians to attend"

"Mr Kelly reassured him. He didn’t want to go into details but said there would be no Paramilitary trappings at the funeral. He said a lot of people would attend and that the best way to manage the numbers wasn’t with a police presence. Mr Kelly explained that the funeral organisers, on behalf of the family, had engaged a company to steward it. The stewards would wear white shirts and black trousers but no berets or sunglasses"

"Mr Kelly thought it might be difficult to promote social distancing and keep traffic flowing. But he explained there would be a comprehensive stewarding plan to help.
    We understand that an events-planning company, used frequently by Sinn Féin,
    helped develop this plan. We know that this company passed a document to the PSNI. The Gold Commander described this document as being more of a risk assessment than a plan. We tried to speak to the events company but got no response."

"The established relationship between the PSNI and Mr Kelly inevitably affords him direct contact with senior officers"

"There was a lack of comprehensive records of the contact between senior PSNI leaders and Mr Kelly. We understand that this was a factor in the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) decision not to prosecute. Officers were unable to definitively show that they had fully adopted the 4Es approach during their engagement with Mr Kelly. Without this communication, Mr Kelly wouldn’t have been able to tell mourners about the consequences of breaching the Regulations."

Lots of questions there for Sinn Fein.

Lots of questions there for Sinn Fein.

Enough time and resources wasted on a petty political point scoring mission.

Like other 'mistakes' of which there has been many, make sure that lessons are learned and move on.

Enough time and resources wasted on a petty political point scoring mission.

Like other 'mistakes' of which there has been many, make sure that lessons are learned and move on.

Mr. Kelly has questions to answer too.

Mr. Kelly has questions to answer too.

It's over blanch...read the conclusions and recommendations and move on like everyone else.

Hiring an event management firm for a funeral is a bit vulgar tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hiring an event management firm for a funeral is a bit vulgar tbh.

Given the organisers, nobody should be surprised, surely Doc.

Advertisement