Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Was MM second home mentioned in Ryan's piece?

Does he donate half his salary to FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

blanch152 wrote: »
    Thanks for that information, which I had been looking for previously.

It seems that Gerry Adams was remiss in not declaring his holiday home in Donegal and his residence in Louth, while he maintained a home in Belfast. Unless of course, they were owned by Sinn Fein.

He did very well when he was working as a barman for a wet week back in the seventies.

Pulled a beautiful pint of Arthur's finest I'm told so he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Does he donate half his salary to FF?

Don't know, don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The house is described as a palatial 5 bedroom home worth north of 400k
    A bit hard to understand for a lad after donations to the party that has a take home pay of 40 something thousand
    His wife is a nurse though, which might bring in another 40 but with 5 kids to rear, a 20 to 30 year mortgage would eat up more than half of that pay or more
    I doubt a bank would give it
    There must be a fair whack of money coming in to that household somewhere

With his "qualifications", I'm sure he'll be project managing it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,912 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So now we move on to man builds house in Donegal shocker?

I was absolutely stunned and shocked to find out that somebody building in Gweedore has a coastal property with sea views, I mean how exclusive and posh is that in Gweedore a coastal community in Donegal with sea views from almost everywhere?
    Shocking stuff from the home of Barbara J. Pym and co. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The house is described as a palatial 5 bedroom home worth north of 400k
    A bit hard to understand for a lad after donations to the party that has a take home pay of 40 something thousand
    His wife is a nurse though, which might bring in another 40 but with 5 kids to rear, a 20 to 30 year mortgage would eat up more than half of that pay or more
    I doubt a bank would give it
    There must be a fair whack of money coming in to that household somewhere

You'd get a 5 bed gaff in Donegal for 300k easy. And it's 5 bed because he's 4 kids.

smurgen wrote: »
    You'd get a 5 bed gaff in Donegal for 300k easy. And it's 5 bed because he's 4 kids.

No the article values his new house at 4 to 450k
    But its nice to know property values in the area despite being an NI holiday resort are still affordable

Don't know, don't care.

Well I do care about pointing out apples were being compared with Oranges
    MM is paid too much in my opinion but even in the last 20 years hes been paid multiples of Dohertys 40k and has been earning longer
    Doherty better not be silly enough to be putting funny money into his house,I doubt that he is,but it is the under current of the Indo article,in my opinion
    Basically they are laying down a marker that if that ever was the case,they will expose it
    Thats to be welcomed in my view

No the article values his new house at 4 to 450k
    But its nice to know property values in the area despite being an NI holiday resort are still affordable

It's the Indo. I'd take their valuation with a heap of salt. They're fairly loose with the facts at the best of times. Even more so with anything reporting on SF.

It's the Indo. I'd take their valuation with a heap of salt. They're fairly loose with the facts at the best of times. Even more so with anything reporting on SF.

Well they are what they are
    Plenty houses on myhome.ie around that valuation by the way in Donegal,I just looked

• Advertisement

Well they are what they are
    Plenty houses on myhome.ie around that valuation by the way in Donegal,I just looked

Struggling to see the point? Plenty below that too. Fine value in Donegal in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Struggling to see the point? Plenty below that too. Fine value in Donegal in fact!

They wouldn't be good enough for our Pearse.

I am sure he got a good price from the lads on the bricklaying and stuff. Hope he didn't get Slab to organise the materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

I think Michelle O'Neill should have met Prince Charles. At the end of the day she has got to think outside the narrow SF box. She is deputy PM in NI and therefore is meant to represent ALL the people of NI. I know she has her reasons but there is a bigger picture.

batman75 wrote: »
    I think Michelle O'Neill should have met Prince Charles. At the end of the day she has got to think outside the narrow SF box. She is deputy PM in NI and therefore is meant to represent ALL the people of NI. I know she has her reasons but there is a bigger picture.

Exactly, it shows the narrow view of representation taken by sectarian parties. Outside Northern Ireland, the closest contemporary would be Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don't know, don't care.

Of course, yet other minor stuff not involving SF can eat up hundreds of posts.

Strange, very strange.

batman75 wrote: »

Never an onus put on the imperious UK to do the right thing?

SF in fairness have put the hand out many times. The verdict of the court is very fresh in the Ballymurphy case.
    The onus was surely on the UK to recognise it?

Johnson's mealy mouthed attempt at a state apology was probably a big factor in this.

The Irish power swap and the SDLP's are far too weak traditionally on these issues - tripping over themselves 'not to offend'.

Hasn't meant much when looking for some respect from sections of Unionism and the British.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

What's the story with Eoin O Broin appearing as a witness to be interviewed by a committee he's a member of?

Imagine it going something like this:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 The End Is Near

What's the story with Eoin O Broin appearing as a witness to be interviewed by a committee he's a member of?

Imagine it going something like this:

Considering he already stated the obvs that he would hardly be asking questions of himself, your attempt at rumour failed

Why not bring uo the funeral, not much left to shout about is there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1395309418863017987?s=19

Always kept an open mind on this but it looks like the abu database was a lot more sophisticated than some were letting on. Can put the "its just the electoral register" argument to bed anyway.

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1395309418863017987?s=19

Always kept an open mind on this but it looks like the abu database was a lot more sophisticated than some were letting on. Can put the "its just the electoral register" argument to bed anyway.

Of course it was, no point in it otherwise.

There will be plenty of attempts to muddy the waters on this but a secret centralised database gathering information on citizens is something straight out of the Stasi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

whats good for the goose and all that...

If SF and the left can call out Leo over a jacket or whatnot then anybody taking issue with their being a story written about Pearse's house can **** right off.

Many people are sick of their hypocrisy.

Its not just that man builds house shocker, its man that never ever shuts up about posh boys, housing, the wealthy, builds really nice gaff in nice area. there's just the slightest whiff of hypocrisy or ivory towerism, and its good to have it recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

There will be plenty of attempts to muddy the waters on this but a secret centralised database gathering information on citizens is something straight out of the Stasi.

Data Commissioner will decide. Issues with all parties by the sounds of it. No doubt however if it doesn't go the fanboys way there'll be allegations she's corrupt, she's a Shinners, was bullied etc etc.

Where did we hear that before?

Very difficult to nail these bhoys on stuff like this Blanch, looks like they got them on this one.

Few slates being lifted here and some sounds of swamps being drained.

This will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Data Commissioner will decide. Issues with all parties by the sounds of it. No doubt however if it doesn't go the fanboys way there'll be allegations she's corrupt, she's a Shinners, was bullied etc etc.

Where did we hear that before?
    And the DPC is conducting an audit of all political parties and their handling of voter data.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dpc-audit-political-parties-5442385-May2021/

The law of unintended consequences seems to be quite active with this. It started out as a Sindo/FG "get SF" campaign. It had FG busted for tracking users without telling them and had loads of FF/FG politicians pulling down their non-compliant websites.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Issues with all parties by the sounds of it.

No not all, just the ones that don't follow the laws.
    I expect FF, FG and SF will have a few skeletons, I'd be surprised if any others do.

jmcc wrote: »
    And the DPC is conducting an audit of all political parties and their handling of voter data.

The law of unintended consequences seems to be quite active with this. It started out as a Sindo/FG "get SF" campaign. It had FG busted for tracking users without telling them and had loads of FF/FG politicians pulling down their non-compliant websites.

Regards...jmcc

Take that to the relevant thread dude, SF thread here.

As you are so fond of reminding us…….:cool:

Take that to the relevant thread dude, SF thread here.
    You may not think so but "all political parties" would also include SF. This FG/Sindo "Get SF" story has backfired and has now dragged in other parties. Naturally, the Sindo/Indo is still banging its little drum about SF's Abu database.

Regards...jmcc

You may not think so but "all political parties" would also include SF. This FG/Sindo "Get SF" story has backfired and has now dragged in other parties. Naturally, the Sindo/Indo is still banging its little drum about SF's Abu database.

Regards...jmcc

I’ll take note of your views, a chara.

Regards...jmcc

The slate was covering them all, so to speak?

• Advertisement

The slate was covering them all, so to speak?
    And some of them don't like the daylight hence the continued deflection.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement