Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

jmcc wrote: »
    And some of them don't like the daylight hence the continued deflection.

Regards...jmcc

Any thoughts on the sinn fein abu database? The only one we know about so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Never an onus put on the imperious UK to do the right thing?

SF in fairness have put the hand out many times. The verdict of the court is very fresh in the Ballymurphy case.
    The onus was surely on the UK to recognise it?

Johnson's mealy mouthed attempt at a state apology was probably a big factor in this.

The Irish power swap and the SDLP's are far too weak traditionally on these issues - tripping over themselves 'not to offend'.

Hasn't meant much when looking for some respect from sections of Unionism and the British.

Whatabouteary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

I'd like to see the schema and sample data rather than rely upon the Sindo/Indo.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

batman75 wrote: »
    Whatabouteary

:)

So basically what you are saying is that MoN should do what she is told to do by you and shut up?

She should have no principles or feelings coz, she might offend a monarch?

The hat doffing inferiority in that is awesome.

So basically what you are saying is that MoN should do what she is told to do by you and shut up?

I don't think it's hat doffing
    The poster just doesn't understand probably that meeting the royals in the middle of the Ballymurphy situation would be insensitive
    I presume that's the reason She did not meet them
    She's already been adequately courteous at other times most recently on Philip's death
    Its something the Royals would be informed of anyway
    No slight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I don't think it's hat doffing
    The poster just doesn't understand probably that meeting the royals in the middle of the Ballymurphy situation would be insensitive
    I presume that's the reason She did not meet them
    She's already been adequately courteous at other times most recently on Philip's death
    Its something the Royals would be informed of anyway
    No slight

What's the situation in Ballymurphy? The situation around the U.K. authorities finally taking ownership of the massacre they perpetrated?
    I would have met Charles but I can see how refusing makes a point of protest.

I am only surmising that they didnt meet due to the sensitivities around the in adequate apology
    I think thats acceptable
    No drama otherwise in my post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'd be more worried about the HSE databases. Would've thought FG would have provided the funding to look after this sensitive information.

If Foster refused to meet Michael D I would make the very same point. O'Neill is no longer just a member of SF. She is deputy first minister of NI. It's time her actions show she is deputy fm for all the people of NI not just Catholics. Prince Charles could easily have refused to meet O'Neill on account of the IRA murdering his uncle. But I'm not aware that that would have been an issue.

If Foster refused to meet Michael D I would make the very same point. O'Neill is no longer just a member of SF. She is deputy first minister of NI. It's time her actions show she is deputy fm for all the people of NI not just Catholics. Prince Charles could easily have refused to meet O'Neill on account of the IRA murdering his uncle. But I'm not aware that that would have been an issue.

So only 'catholics' might think it is wrong to shoot innocent people dead in the street and have their titular leader visit the very city it happened in and completely ignore that fact?

Why are you sectarianising it all over again?

• Advertisement

So only 'catholics' might think it is wrong to shoot innocent people dead in the street and have their titular leader visit the very city it happened in and completely ignore that fact?

Why are you sectarianising it all over again?

You brought up the word sectarian and you haven't read my post properly. Try again :)

You brought up the word sectarian and you haven't read my post properly. Try again :)

Why are you assuming only 'catholics' would think it insensitive and insulting for the head of the regiment that shot dead 10 innocent people was visitinig the city where it happened and didn't plan an apology?
    Why would any self respecting person believe that is right?

You are sectarianising it by stating only Catholics would think it wrong.

batman75 wrote:
    It's time her actions show she is deputy fm for all the people of NI not just Catholics.

Why are you assuming only 'catholics' would think it insensitive and insulting for the head of the regiment that shot dead 10 innocent people was visitinig the city where it happened and didn't plan an apology?
    Why would any self respecting person believe that is right?

You are sectarianising it by stating only Catholics would think it wrong.

I don't recall my post mentioning Ballymurphy. My point is her electorial mandate comes predominantly from Catholics. However she is deputy fm for all the people of NI and on that basis should have met with Prince Charles. Her role as deputy fm should transcend any issues SF have with the British Government in scenario's like this.

Just to reiterate I know why she didn't meet him but their is a bigger picture.

I don't recall my post mentioning Ballymurphy. My point is her electorial mandate comes predominantly from Catholics. However she is deputy fm for all the people of NI and on that basis should have met with Prince Charles. Her role as deputy fm should transcend any issues SF have with the British Government in scenario's like this.

Why should it 'transcend'?

So you get a warm fuzzy feeling that all is well? That's straight out of the Irish inferiority playbook.

Deferential, glad to be of use,
    Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
    Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
    At times, indeed, almost ridiculous –
    Almost, at times, the Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I honestly thought this was a wind up. I had to watch it about 5 times to decide it is actually real.
    Has she lost the plot?
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMen1D7Mj/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

And the DPC is conducting an audit of all political parties and their handling of voter data.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dpc-audit-political-parties-5442385-May2021/

The law of unintended consequences seems to be quite active with this. It started out as a Sindo/FG "get SF" campaign. It had FG busted for tracking users without telling them and had loads of FF/FG politicians pulling down their non-compliant websites.

Regards...jmcc

Do you have any evidence that the Sindo is in cohots with FG?
    Anything, any? Nothing??

...just saying.

I'd like to see the schema and sample data rather than rely upon the Sindo/Indo.

Regards...jmcc

Yet, you rely and take on board anything SF says about the matter when they are defending it.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

markodaly wrote: »
    Yet, you rely and take on board anything SF says about the matter when they are defending it.
    I don't consider the Sindo/Indo journalists to be experts on databases. As I said, I would like to see the database schema and sample data.

Regards...jmcc

I don't consider the Sindo/Indo journalists to be experts on databases. As I said, I would like to see the database schema and sample data.

Regards...jmcc

Yet you consider TD's from SF to be experts in databases looking at previous comments from you. Funny that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the HSE databases. Would've thought FG would have provided the funding to look after this sensitive information.

Or the data commissioners operations. Seems like the EU want to take action against Ireland for GDPR failings. I'm sure the FG lads will be all over this this weekend since they're that concerned about data all of a sudden.

https://twitter.com/fborgesius/status/1395422843010174976?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

downcow wrote: »
    I honestly thought this was a wind up. I had to watch it about 5 times to decide it is actually real.
    Has she lost the plot?
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMen1D7Mj/

Just a clumsy out-of-touch politician, not that unusual, but still pretty sad.

smurgen wrote: »
    Or the data commissioners operations. Seems like the EU want to take action against Ireland for GDPR failings. I'm sure the FG lads will be all over this this weekend since they're that concerned about data all of a sudden.

https://twitter.com/fborgesius/status/1395422843010174976?s=19

Just as well the FG identity card which they championed didn't get off the ground. They probably would've lost that data too. Didn't they ignore the Data Commissioner also on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

What hope is there for our country when the saviour of housing is celebrating 1000 apartments bring declined planning permission

I don't care who is building them , where they are , what it looks like . Just kept them built

I give up on the country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Arbuckle

What hope is there for our country when the saviour of housing is celebrating 1000 apartments bring declined planning permission

I don't care who is building them , where they are , what it looks like . Just kept them built

I give up on the country

Just build them? As in just blank anything behind the application get them up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

So you are sticking with your corrupt police and CPS and now the independent inquiry team?

Rather than just admit you over reacted again?

I'm not sure if you get access to this down south, but if you do not then let me know and I will try and post the clip for you. This will demonstrate why the unionist community, and indeed ordinary nationalists, want to get to the bottom of the story funeral
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000w9mk/nolan-live-series-15-19052021

I'm not sure if you get access to this down south, but if you do not then let me know and I will try and post the clip for you. This will demonstrate why the unionist community, and indeed ordinary nationalists, want to get to the bottom of the story funeral

Nolan?? Who has been harping on about this almost as much as the folk in here?

Are you having a laugh? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I give up on the country

Is that 17/24 objections to housing SF have had now?

Would you be happy paying these prices for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Would you be happy paying these prices for social housing?

But SF want the %social housing increased from 10% to 20% in private estates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Nolan is complete dross. I don't know why he is going on about whoever was stewarding the funeral. It's mickey mouse stuff.

Advertisement