Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Lies in there that I am not going to get into.

Suffice to say, you have proved the point. Desperately using selected victims in a conflict/war where many many innocent people died and were maimed is not a good look.

Carry on if you wish.

What lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So we should never talk about it?

Sure we should never talk about any atrocities going forward so?

Nothing to see here.

SF in charge and their relationship with An Garda Síochána will be interesting

Talk away JJ, just don't expect others to join you by playing the disgusting selective victim game.

7 or 8 selected victims are routinely used here on these threads (easy to name them if you want)

To qualify to make this 'list', you have to have been one or all of the following...female, innocent, a child, a member of the southern security forces but all of them have one defining characteristic - they are the 'victims' of one side only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

SF believe the thugs who murdered McCabe were members of the legitimate army of Ireland and that McCabe was a legitimate target. So a psychopath like McAuley is lauded as a hero while a party who wants to be in Government say nothing.

Deeply sinister. It’s happening no where else in Europe. Some people want to watch the world burn:

Any links to where SF were lauding McCauley? I searched for a reference to that and all I found was a quote from Mary Lou Mcdonald saying that 12 years was too short for his assault on his wife (who is now a SF TD). McCauley is in prison now and there is no one in Sinn Fein lauding him as a hero.

In an article in the Irish Times today, they give an account of the PIRA members involved in Garda McCabes killing. All served time in prison for it and are now living quiet lives bar McCauley.

By the way, from what I recall Gerry Adams said that robbery was not approved by the PIRA command, so while there must have been some local support for them, I can't see how they would have been lauded at a Sinn Fein Ard Dheis, Particularly when there was a death of a garda . Do you have a link to that?

jm08 wrote: »
    Any links to where SF were lauding McCauley? I searched for a reference to that and all I found was a quote from Mary Lou Mcdonald saying that 12 years was too short for his assault on his wife (who is now a SF TD). McCauley is in prison now and there is no one in Sinn Fein lauding him as a hero.

In an article in the Irish Times today, they give an account of the PIRA members involved in Garda McCabes killing. All served time in prison for it and are now living quiet lives bar McCauley.

By the way, from what I recall Gerry Adams said that robbery was not approved by the PIRA command, so while there must have been some local support for them, I can't see how they would have been lauded at a Sinn Fein Ard Dheis, Particularly when there was a death of a garda . Do you have a link to that?

https://sluggerotoole.com/2015/12/07/sinn-fein-walks-an-excruciating-line-between-mcauley-the-hero-and-mcauley-the-villain/

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/localnotes/standing-ovation-as-ferris-calls-for-release-of-mccabe-killers-27369358.html

SF were campaigning for years to have Garda McCabes killers released under the Good Friday agreement
    In court a witness told the judge that he was being intimidated

Yet in a post above,a Republian tells us it wasn't an approved robbery
    In another we're told they're not venerated

I'll use this one to state I'm the Queen of Sheeba

The killing of Garda McCabe is equal to the killing of Garda Adrian Donohoe
    Same mentality
    Same sense of entitlement to Murder brave Gardaí
    As for the phrase Southern security forces
    The only thing Southern about Garda McCabe was that he lived and worked in Munster
    He was a member of An Garda Siochána,Irelands police force R I.P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

At SF’s 2003 Árd Fheis, Pauline Tully (then a SF member of Cavan County Council, and, since the 2020 general election, now a TD for Cavan-Monaghan) read out letters from her then-husband Pearse McAuley and from the three other men then imprisoned for the killing of Jerry McCabe. The assembled SF delegates – then campaigning for the early release of Garda McCabe’s killers – rose for a standing ovation.

When McAuley was released in 2009 – having served ten and a half years – he was picked up at Castlerea prison by SF TD Martin Ferris.

B1-B5252-E-3-A46-43-CC-882-E-4-E6925-CACD2-E.png

C3-CFB0-C2-FAF4-45-D4-B049-20245-C3292-CC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,940 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Give it over, the nauseating defence of the killing of Gerry McCabe is disgusting to the vast vast majority of Irish people.

Time for Mary-Lou to say the killing was wrong, that the IRA was wrong, and that SF were wrong to give succour to his killers. That is the only decent thing to do.

Talk away JJ, just don't expect others to join you by playing the disgusting selective victim game.

7 or 8 selected victims are routinely used here on these threads (easy to name them if you want)

To qualify to make this 'list', you have to have been one or all of the following...female, innocent, a child, a member of the southern security forces but all of them have one defining characteristic - they are the 'victims' of one side only.

That's a new low, blame the victims for being female, innocent, a child and/or a member of the "southern" security forces.

The reality is if the PIRA didn't kill them, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Own your support of child-killers, own your support of cop-killers, own your support of rapists and child-abusers, don't deny it. Posters excuse and explain all of that, pretending to be against all violence, it doesn't wash any more.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That's a new low, blame the victims for being female, innocent, a child and/or a member of the "southern" security forces.

The reality is if the PIRA didn't kill them, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Own your support of child-killers, own your support of cop-killers, own your support of rapists and child-abusers, don't deny it. Posters excuse and explain all of that, pretending to be against all violence, it doesn't wash any more.

The 'reality'??? :):)

The reality for you blanch begins and ends with your Shinner obsession.

The way you twisted my post to suit yourself is gas. Funny stuff tbh.

• Advertisement

The 'reality'??? :):)

The reality for you blanch begins and ends with your Shinner obsession.

The way you twisted my post to suit yourself is gas. Funny stuff tbh.

I don't see the issue of the PIRA killing innocents, women, children and Gardai as anyway funny.

I don't see the issue of the PIRA killing innocents, women, children and Gardai as anyway funny.

Who said it was.

I find your selective indignation disgusting and your twisting of posts funny.

So, they were not lauded at a Sinn Fein Ard Fheis (according to those links).

"At Sinn Fein’s 2003 Árd Fheis, Pauline Tully read out letters from her then-husband Pearse McAuley and from the three other men then imprisoned for the killing of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe. The assembled Sinn Fein delegates – then campaigning for the early release of Garda McCabe’s killers – rose for a standing ovation."

Seems pretty clear to me that they were.

SF were campaigning for years to have Garda McCabes killers released under the Good Friday agreement
    In court a witness told the judge that he was being intimidated

And as far as I can recall, that prisoner release under licence was agreed in the GFA. There were conditions for release (i.e., must have served 18 months/2 years), and if they committed any crime they were back in again.

Yet in a post above,a Republian tells us it wasn't an approved robbery
    First of all, I'm not and have never been a Sinn Fein member and in the last election I gave my second preference vote to a Sinn Fein candidate. That was the first time ever I gave Sinn Fein a vote.

Secondly, I am not and never have been a supporter of any of the various IRA and have never contributed anything to as much as a collection box doing the rounds in a put back in the day.

It wasn't an approved robbery from what Gerry Adams says, so I don't think they would be lauding them at an Ard Dheis in that case.

In another we're told they're not venerated
    Who is venerating them. Do you count Martin Ferris picking up two of them when they came out of prison as 'veneration'?

The killing of Garda McCabe is equal to the killing of Garda Adrian Donohoe
    Same mentality
    Unfortunately, the courts don't agree with you, nor does the signators of the GFA, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Same sense of entitlement to Murder brave Gardaí

He was a member of An Garda Siochána,Irelands police force R I.P
    At least there is something we can agree on. RIP Gerry McCabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And as far as I can recall, that prisoner release under licence was agreed in the GFA. There were conditions for release (i.e., must have served 18 months/2 years), and if they committed any crime they were back in again.

First of all, I'm not and have never been a Sinn Fein member and in the last election I gave my second preference vote to a Sinn Fein candidate. That was the first time ever I gave Sinn Fein a vote.

Secondly, I am not and never have been a supporter of any of the various IRA and have never contributed anything to as much as a collection box doing the rounds in a put back in the day.

It wasn't an approved robbery from what Gerry Adams says, so I don't think they would be lauding them at an Ard Dheis in that case.

Who is venerating them. Do you count Martin Ferris picking up two of them when they came out of prison as 'veneration'?

Unfortunately, the courts don't agree with you, nor does the signators of the GFA, but you are entitled to your opinion.

At least there is something we can agree on. RIP Gerry McCabe.

If it wasn't an approved robbery why were they released under the terms of the GFA? If it wasn't approved they were just acting as regular criminals.

"At Sinn Fein’s 2003 Árd Fheis, Pauline Tully read out letters from her then-husband Pearse McAuley and from the three other men then imprisoned for the killing of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe. The assembled Sinn Fein delegates – then campaigning for the early release of Garda McCabe’s killers – rose for a standing ovation."

Seems pretty clear to me that they were.

Nope. They were cheering the fact that the Irish Government was told by the courts the previous week that they have to treat all prisoners the same when it came to prisoner release according to the GFA agreement. They were eligible for release once they had served a certain amount of time. The Irish Govermment wanted to treat some prisoners differently (which would have been ridiculous as that would have meant there would have probably been no provisional prisoner release in NI, considering the IRA's main targets were British Security Services.

If it wasn't an approved robbery why were they released under the terms of the GFA? If it wasn't approved they were just acting as regular criminals.

Regular criminals usually commit robberies for personal gain. Presumably the money stolen would have gone to buy arms, etc. for the IRA, not to build a house extension.

Regular criminals usually commit robberies for personal gain. Presumably the money stolen would have gone to buy arms, etc. for the IRA, not to build a house extension.

but if they were not acting under the orders of ira command it is just speculation as to their motives for the robbery. Did the ira admit they received the proceeds of the robbery?

Who said it was.

I find your selective indignation disgusting and your twisting of posts funny.

Pot
    Kettle

• Advertisement

but if they were not acting under the orders of ira command it is just speculation as to their motives for the robbery. Did the ira admit they received the proceeds of the robbery?

No money was stolen. Jerry McCabe gave his life to protect it.

Gerry Adams apologised in the Dail for it.

I want to apologise to Mrs McCabe and the McCabe family, and to Garda Ben O’Sullivan – and to the families of other members of State forces who were killed by republicans in the course of the conflict. I am very sorry for the pain and loss inflicted upon those families.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-adams-apology-jerry-mccabe-774648-Jan2013/

No money was stolen. Jerry McCabe gave his life to protect it.

Gerry Adams apologised in the Dail for it.

https://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-adams-apology-jerry-mccabe-774648-Jan2013/

well that makes everything ok, doesn't it.

I quoted that as evidence that Sinn Fein were taking ownership of it, not as justification for what happened.

Who the heck said 'everything was ok?'.

Time a few on here got over the fact that we had a long conflict/war here when many many regrettable and awful things were done as have been done since war/conflict began.

Nail head being hit hard with this post.

SF lobbied for the release of McAuley and the other criminal thugs, yet they deny responsibility for their thuggish actions.

I quoted that as evidence that Sinn Fein were taking ownership of it, not as justification for what happened.

Sinn Fein taking ownership for a robbery that was not approved by the IRA. Does not compute.

Who the heck said 'everything was ok?'.

Time a few on here got over the fact that we had a long conflict/war here when many many regrettable and awful things were done as have been done since war/conflict began.

Does that include the actions of the army and security forces?

Does that include the actions of the army and security forces?

Is this what you are after? Vindication for wrongoings of the army and security forces?

The IRA if caught served time for their offences...how many army and security forces have for theirs?

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy...if you want to seek recrimination/justice, seek it for all players or none.

Again...desist with the selective use of victims and the selective recriminations.

Is this what you are after? Vindication for wrongoings of the army and security forces?

The IRA if caught served time for their offences...how many army and security forces have for theirs?

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy...if you want to seek recrimination/justice, seek it for all players or none.

Again...desist with the selective use of victims and the selective recriminations.

what about the IRA members never caught? If you want retribution for the actions of the security services it is only reasonable to expect retribution for the IRA members who were never caught.

as you say yourself

that has to apply to all sides.

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein taking ownership for a robbery that was not approved by the IRA. Does not compute.

It wasn't approved by the Army Council (you know, the crowd that you all keep saying who are running SF).!

In the hours after the gun attack in Adare, Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams initially denied republican involvement. He later said the operation was “not authorised by the Army Council, but authorised at a lower level by an authorised person”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20403482.html

Thats a good summary of the events.

Advertisement