Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

You can sense the fear of the media and posters on here about the next election, they are in full panic mode desperately trying to scrape up whatever the can in a last ditch attempt to keep FF/FG in power but nothing lasts forever change is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

starkid wrote: »
    you're clearly constantly being economical with the truth in regards your support and history of support. almost daily posts about SF. but sure you're not a die in the wool sf supporter. sure, sure.

i do and i don't need shills like you to tell me what to think. i have no political party and i am aware enough not to be unduly influenced by anything. yes clealry fg and ff are under threat. however its not like sf are coming from a normal environment. so i can see how them getting into government isn't a positive on many levels.

what part of i despise SF do you not get? it has nothing to do with anybody else or any ****ing establishment. you'll never convince me to look beyond killing women and children, or bombing pubs. so good luck trying. i don;t belive in republican nationalism. its romantic nonsense.

****ing hell, keep the tinfoil to yourself. again if SF were more open and honest then i'd be more inclined to listen. and before you say what do i mean. The day Gerry can admit to us the basic truth, well then thats a start.

Eh..who is 'trying to convince you'?

If you cannot see you are being led, that's your own business.

You have one vote like all the rest of us.

'More inclined to listen'...that was funny I have to say.

Did you not mean 'The day Gerry can admit to us the basic truth we have written for him'? :)

yeah they prob do. i admit that.

but again its sf who's been caught out with a central database breaching gdpr etc while slinging constand **** from the sidelines.

The 'truth' about that is they have all been caught out.

starkid furiously ignores FF FG websites going down..etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

guy2231 wrote: »
    You can sense the fear of the media and posters on here about the next election, they are in full panic mode desperately trying to scrape up whatever the can in a last ditch attempt to keep FF/FG in power but nothing lasts forever change is coming.

I've no fear about SF in power.

I'm hoping it happens.

They have all the solutions whilst not in power, let's see them implement them in power.

We will have a great country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've no fear about SF in power.

I'm hoping it happens.

They have all the solutions whilst not in power, let's see them implement them in power.

We will have a great country.

If they don't bankrupt the country they're already ahead of FF and the Greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If they don't bankrupt the country they're already ahead of FF and the Greens.

Hard to argue with that.

I have a hunch,large chunks of SF especially the online army will join Aontú within a year of Mary Lou getting the Taoiseachs office so high will be the disillusionment
    It'll be the new fulcrum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

seamus wrote: »
    If this was FFFG, the opposition would be screaming blue murder and calling for resignations.

It may not be that big an issue if they did it correctly. This kind of polling does go on all the time, the pollster will say that they're carrying out research on behalf of x,y,z and provides the individual with a data protection statement before asking them if they agree with their data being shared.

So if they did this, then it's likely not an issue. "Hi, we're with the IMRA carrying out research on behalf of Sinn Féin.." etc.

But if they didn't say this and they did ask for consent to share data with Sinn Fein, then they could find themselves in pretty serious sh1t.

I had them to the door a while back, high viz, badge, the lot.
    Said she was from IMRA, I smelled something off as didn't recognise the "agency" (Irish Market Research Agency sounded too generic and made-up), asked her for some credentials to prove who she was working for, which she couldn't produce (obviously) so I ran her before she got to ask any questions.

Should have set the dog on them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I had them to the door a while back, high viz, badge, the lot.
    Said she was from IMRA, I smelled something off as didn't recognise the "agency" (Irish Market Research Agency sounded too generic and made-up), asked her for some credentials to prove who she was working for, which she couldn't produce (obviously) so I ran her before she got to ask any questions.

Should have set the dog on them

And if they said they were from Red C or some other recognisable name would you have taken part in the survey?

By the way, what were the questions being asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Eh..who is 'trying to convince you'?

If you cannot see you are being led, that's your own business.

You have one vote like all the rest of us.

'More inclined to listen'...that was funny I have to say.

Did you not mean 'The day Gerry can admit to us the basic truth we have written for him'? :)

being led by whom? Christ on a bike. I told you i'm not led by anybody. I could turn around and say the same thing you're being led by SF, being sold dreams that are unattainable. 150k houses for all in our economy. Higher public spending but lower taxes and so forth.

Yeah.... people like myself would be willing to listen to your ****e if that was the case. I know its hilarious right.

no i mean the day Gerry Adams can admit that he was heavily involved in day to day affairs of the boyos. that would be a clear start. maybe on his death bed he'd finally have the balls to do it.

man you're really insufferable. i don't know how blanch and the others have the stamina to keep going back at you day after day. i'm drained from one morning of it.

• Advertisement

I have a hunch,large chunks of SF especially the online army will join Aontú within a year of Mary Lou getting the Taoiseachs office so high will be the disillusionment
    It'll be the new fulcrum

unfortunately it will be far more sinister than that.

If you live in the inner city as i do and followed the marches as i do (as a photographer) you would realise that some lads were able to quickly dust off white shirts and black pants uniforms and get down to those early covid matches. a clear line from SF, to the offshoots and the next one will be the NP as they realise the party isn't interested in them.

SF trying to be all things to all men and women. Fantasy land stuff. Makes sense they would like to play dress up again. Luckily for us its not in berets and camos anymore.

If you live in the inner city as i do and followed the marches as i do (as a photographer) you would realise that some lads were able to quickly dust off white shirts and black pants uniforms and get down to those early covid matches. a clear line from SF, to the offshoots and the next one will be the NP as they realise the party isn't interested in them.

SF trying to be all things to all men and women. Fantasy land stuff. Makes sense they would like to play dress up again. Luckily for us its not in berets and camos anymore.

Any photos of this?

being led by whom? Christ on a bike. I told you i'm not led by anybody. I could turn around and say the same thing you're being led by SF, being sold dreams that are unattainable. 150k houses in our economy. Higher public spending but lower taxes and so forth.

Yeah people like myself would be willing to listen to your ****e if that was the case.

no i mean the day Gerry Adams can admit that he was heavily involved in day to day affairs of the boyos

man you're really insufferable. i don't know how blanch and the others have the stamina to keep going back at you day after day.,

If you are saying the only party with issues around GDPR compliance is SF then you are being 'led'.

They all quite patently have issues if you look at what happened when the story broke.

In exactly the same way you handwaved away somebody (with credentials) as 'random' when he suggested all parties engage in dubious tactics to elicit polling data.

Let the full story emerge (or as Paisley used to say, 'let the truth fall where it may') or stand accused of being 'led'.

What marches. Where were they coming from that they had to change their clothes? Can you be a bit clearer about what you are saying here.

jm08 wrote: »
    You sound fanatical to me. Even more fanatical than some of the SF supporters on here.

again a sf defender with the black and whitism.

Maybe its only SF that think so much in absolutes. I mean you'd have to be a fanatic to be able to live with some of the stuff they've done or condoned. fairn enough. maybe it takes one to know one.

The reason i despise SF mainly is due to their hypocrisy and pontificating bull****. Privately educated ex Rathgar people calling others posh. little things like that. it just adds up.

The violence is one thing, but if we expect the North to accept that we have to accept it here.

so as i said if SF became more transparent and honest, i'd be willing to listen to them when they try to convince me that i'm the asshole...

What marches. Where were they coming from that they had to change their clothes? Can you be a bit clearer about what you are saying here.

And a photographer too. Should have plenty of photos of that?

in the marches there were people clad in the uniform that Republicans wore in formal situations. Mostly the offshoots. Black tie, black pants, republican type flags. Thats the reality. Many SF supporters are thinking along the lines of Paddy Holohon not Eoin o ****ing Broin. They're in for a heck of a problem when a SF in government have to appease big business, lobbyists, the middle class base, all the while supporting an open border policy which directly undermines working class areas and alienates their core base. i live in Ballybough i see and hear it all around me. and the ones who think they're all about housing etc will be in for a shock when their core policy becomes a divisive border poll. it will be hilarious seeing it unfold. let it happen i say. absolutely nothing to fear apart from Ireland's reputational damage on the World Stage.

Like i said i truly hope SF get into some sort of government. the salty tears will be delicious to watch. it will be hilarious to see the usual cohort on here lose their **** when nothing actually happens. you're all living in a dreamworld. the same disullisionment is seen in Greece, Italy etc. it will be no different here. Preach populist, magical positions to certain cohorts of society be prepared to be found out.

Unfortantely imo a direct effect of this will be a surge in the NP loons. all they need to do is wrap a few more tri colors and really embed in those areas where SF fail to appease. its inevitable.

in the marches there were people clad in the uniform that Republicans wore in formal situations. Mostly the offshoots. Black tie, black pants, republican type flags. Thats the reality. Many SF supporters are thinking along the lines of Paddy Holohon not Eoin o ****ing Broin. They're in for a heck of a problem when a SF in government have to appease big business, lobbyists, the middle class base, all the while supporting an open border policy which directly undermines working class areas and alienates their core base. i live in Ballybough i see and hear it all around me.

Like i said i truly hope SF get into some sort of government. the salty tears will be delicious to watch. it will be hilarious to see the usual cohort on here lose their **** when nothing actually happens. you're all living in a dreamworld. the same disullisionment is seen in Greece, Italy etc. it will be no different here. Preach populist, magical positions to certain cohorts of society be prepared to be found out.

Unfortantely imo a direct effect of this will be a surge in the NP loons. all they need to do is wrap a few more tri colors and really embed in those areas where SF fail to appease. its inevitable.

In less shrill, panic button language...SF get into government and lose some support and may be voted out - as happens with any democratic state...any democratic state in the world.

in the marches there were people clad in the uniform that Republicans wore in formal situations. Mostly the offshoots. Black tie, black pants, republican type flags. Thats the reality. Many SF supporters are thinking along the lines of Paddy Holohon not Eoin o ****ing Broin. They're in for a heck of a problem when a SF in government have to appease big business, lobbyists, the middle class base, all the while supporting an open border policy which directly undermines working class areas and alienates their core base. i live in Ballybough i see and hear it all around me. and the ones who think they're all about housing etc will be in for a shock when their core policy becomes a divisive border poll. it will be hilarious seeing it unfold. let it happen i say. absolutely nothing to fear apart from Ireland's reputational damage on the World Stage.

Holohan is now an Indep. Councillor. Resigned after the last disciplinary action by SF for not supporting the Covid regs. I;m sure those particular followers will know what is in store for them if they don't behave.

Why will it be a divisive border poll. Is there going to be opposition to it down here. Anyway, all SF say at the moment is that we need to prepare for it. Its still in the hands of the British whether it will happen or not.

What world reputational damage for seeking a border poll? Its not like we are declaring war on the UK.!

Its unlikely that SF will be on their own in Gov. A FF lead by Jim O'Callaghan is the most likely partner. Jim is sound enough!

Do these NP loons vote?

In less shrill, panic button language...SF get into government and lose some support and may be voted out - as happens with any democratic state...any democratic state in the world.

I think they'll become the new FF actually, they've already absorbed a lot of their vote
    So it'll be in and out of coalition until whatever home the permanently disgruntled out grows them and takes their mantle
    Rinse and repeat

• Advertisement

again a sf defender with the black and whitism.

Maybe its only SF that think so much in absolutes. I mean you'd have to be a fanatic to be able to live with some of the stuff they've done or condoned. fairn enough. maybe it takes one to know one.

The reason i despise SF mainly is due to their hypocrisy and pontificating bull****. Privately educated ex Rathgar people calling others posh. little things like that. it just adds up.

The violence is one thing, but if we expect the North to accept that we have to accept it here.

so as i said if SF became more transparent and honest, i'd be willing to listen to them when they try to convince me that i'm the asshole...

So SF have been infiltrated by posh people! And the working class don't like that. Is that your gripe?

So SF have been infiltrated by posh people! And the working class don't like that. Is that your gripe?

no its a deeper issue and more complex than that, but trivialise away if it makes you feel better..

if you don't see how a disallusioned SF base particularly in our already prpblematic areas could be toxic for the future then i'm done with this conversation.

SF want to be all things to all people. The reality is they won't be able to get into power without that middle class vote. I've seen the reality on the ground in Ballybough where cars with loudspeakers have to go out to encourage voting. They need to play both sides. Its useful having a Mary Lou there. But it creates the Holohon type issues. No matter if hes gone, it still ****ing happened on their watch. more than once.

anyway im as certain as these things as i am an aethiest. you'll never convince me otherwise.

And the reputational damage would be by having the political wing of the IRA as our government. it would change things immensely on diplomatic and business levels. to think otherwise is naieve imo. particularly if they turn hostile to those interests. as a small country with 2 million able bodied taxpayers we're ****ed if things turn. which is why i'm a centrist and firmly believe in the horseshoe theory and the fallacy of picking a side. i'd be more inclined to vote for a danish style social democratic party if it existed. but it doesn't.

no its a deeper issue and more complex than that, but trivialise away if it makes you feel better..

if you don't see how a disallusioned SF base particularly in our already prpblematic areas could be toxic for the future then i'm done with this conversation.

SF want to be all things to all people. The reality is they won't be able to get into power without that middle class vote. I've seen the reality on the ground in Ballybough where cars with loudspeakers have to go out to encourage voting. They need to play both sides. Its useful having a Mary Lou there. But it creates the Holohon type issues. No matter if hes gone, it still ****ing happened on their watch. more than once.

anyway im as certain as these things as i am an aethiest. you'll never convince me otherwise.

And the reputational damage would be by having the political wing of the IRA as our government. it would change things immensely on diplomatic and business levels. to think otherwise is naieve imo. particularly if they turn hostile to those interests. as a small country with 2 million able bodied taxpayers we're ****ed if things turn. which is why i'm a centrist and firmly believe in the horseshoe theory and the fallacy of picking a side. i'd be more inclined to vote for a danish style social democratic party if it existed. but it doesn't.

It sure will be interesting to see what happens people like yourself, so deeply led into fantastical paranoia, when SF do get into government. Which, I hate to deepen your fear is inevitable at this stage.
    It's a stint in government...hardly a tanks rolling into Warsaw or Paris scenario. :)

Judging by the silence on this by Neil Richmond and others on Twitter today I'd say Ryan's story this morning is a non runner, or else they're all it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭blackwhite

And I don't defend 'everything' SF do. If they need to be called out I do it.

Not even 24 hours ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

I would like to hear more about the Army Council, now that it seem we are happy it will be running the country in the near future.

How often does it meet? Who sets the agenda?

Is there a gender balance policy? Is there a regional balance to its composition?

How do I apply to become a member?

I would like to hear more about the Army Council, now that it seem we are happy it will be running the country in the near future.

Is there a gender balance policy? Is there a regional balance to its composition?

I think you missed the boat on that one.

What is left of the 'army council' either stood for election or joined SF and continued to work towards their aims.

You would have to have had service in the IRA when it was active militarily to be one of those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

The reason your point gets called ridiculous is because it is irrelevant.
    There are people who will never vote green, FF, FG etc because of things they done. That is politics, that is life.

And I don't defend 'everything' SF do. If they need to be called out I do it.

It just happens that pretty much every thing they do is right.

Reminds me the Rangers chairman years ago who was challenged on why they had never had a Catholic playing for them.

He said Rangers were in no way sectarian and would have no problem signing a Catholic but they just had never come across one good enough.

I;m not sure from what you say what ''these loons'' want delivered and what SF won't be able to deliver.

I think the important thing is that Holohn was disciplined. It will be interesting to see if he gets reelected next time.

It doesn't bother the yanks. From what I gather Martin McGuinness even stayed in Nancy Pelosi's house. Bill Clinton turned up and gave an oration at Martin McGuinness's funeral. Mary Lou, Lynn Boylan, and Matt Carthy have all been MEPs so are well used to mixing and working with European politicians. Mary Lou & Michelle ONeill has been dealing with the British Government, so they are not novices in international relations.

Sinn Fein's support is coming from the 18-35 age group. Their big issue is housing and SF have an alternative plan to the FFG plan which is failing badly.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

I would have faith in what was the former Provisonal army council, some alleged members of what was the army council only retired from Sinn Fein in the last couple of years.

Advertisement