Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

LOL

Even if this was just SF (and it's clear now it was all of them so why are so still going on about it?).

Whoahhh there lad. So far FG and SF have said they have used the same tactics.

FF are kinda on the fence having used similar tactic but through a legit business.

SDs, Labour and greens have come out and said they have never used such underhanded actions.

#getyourfactsright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Bit of an overkill there dude, you would do better to tone down your hyperbole a little bit to be even remotely plausible.

If you think that post is plausible …..well ‘ challenged’ is the word which comes to mind.

Hyperbole?

"Drain the swamp"
    "An inquiry should be set up"
    "Garda interested"

All in two posts. Good lad.

Philip Ryan from the FG Indo making a right fool of himself after Leo’s comments this evening on rte radio. After thinking that he got a scoop to humiliate SF in de paper this morning, he is then thrown egg on his face after Leo’s intervention about ploying similar voting tactics that FG have used on national radio.

Social media all over mr Ryan this evening, good enough of him. The journo is rattled to the very core. Never seen as much fawning with FG and such anti sf bashing that this Ryan hack along with Blue Hugh O Connell, Kevin Doyle and Fionnan Sheehan have undertaken for quite some time now.

I also thought that pat Kenny was OTT with Eoin O Broin this morning on newstalk. Another right wing journo that needs to be taken to task.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Philip Ryan from the FG Indo making a right fool of himself after Leo’s comments this evening on rte radio. After thinking that he got a scoop to humiliate SF in de paper this morning, he is then thrown egg on his face after Leo’s intervention about ploying similar voting tactics that FG have used on national radio.

Social media all over mr Ryan this evening, good enough of him. The journo is rattled to the very core. Never seen as much fawning with FG and such anti sf bashing that this Ryan hack along with Blue Hugh O Connell, Kevin Doyle and Fionnan Sheehan have undertaken for quite some time now.

I also thought that pat Kenny was OTT with Eoin O Broin this morning on newstalk. Another right wing journo that needs to be taken to task.

Why was pat Kenny over the top?

Another right wing journo that needs to be taken to task?

What sort of battle talk is this???

This is the reason why a lot of floating voters are discouraged from SF.

The naked aggression and hostility towards any story that reflects The Party in a bad light.

Room 101 for any journalist that falls foul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

You don’t seem to like anyone question your SF buddies..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

costacorta wrote: »
    You don’t seem to like anyone question your SF buddies..

Bit late in the day for that lad to be appearing on this thread , Mr C ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Funny you should mention they are all at it. What do the FFG supporters on here say now.

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1402663572535136262?s=20

Ouch, is all one can say.

Philip Gets A SF Scoop & Lands Them All In It - could be a weekly column, Myles na gCopaleen rides again? :)

Bit late in the day for that lad to be appearing on this thread , Mr C ?

I would suggest that,the Shinners here grab a free library membership which would give them access to the Indo they so disdain via pressreader
    Plenty government criticism in it
    Unless they want to continue the myth that everyone is out to get them
    In which case don't join the library and continue living in everyone in the media is out to get us land of course
    The rest of us can carry on in informed bliss meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I would suggest that,the Shinners here grab a free library membership which would give them access to the Indo they so disdain via pressreader
    Plenty government criticism in it
    Unless they want to continue the myth that everyone is out to get them
    In which case don't join the library and continue living in everyone in the media is out to get us land of course

The Indo isn't on pressreader. It stopped when they started charging on their webside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ouch, is all one can say.

Philip Gets A SF Scoop & Lands Them All In It - could be a weekly column, Myles na gCopaleen rides again? :)

First databases and GDPR, followed by polling. I wonder where Philip Ryan will go next and as there is a by-election coming up FFG must be ****tting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

This is the reason why a lot of floating voters are discouraged from SF.

The naked aggression and hostility towards any story that reflects The Party in a bad light.

Room 101 for any journalist that falls foul.

i'm a floating voter who voted Sinn Fein in the last election for the first time and will again most likely, in the next election. Not because of the quality of Sinn Fein but rather the lack of basically anything, in the other parties. There is a distinct lack of talent and a lot of self serving going on in politics in general.

Triangle wrote: »
    Whoahhh there lad. So far FG and SF have said they have used the same tactics.

FF are kinda on the fence having used similar tactic but through a legit business.

SDs, Labour and greens have come out and said they have never used such underhanded actions.

#getyourfactsright

FF are now saying admitting to have done it in the past according to Philip Ryan of the Indo.

Now Fianna Fáil is saying they "on occasion" used "party members to undertake polling and on those occasions they did pose as market researchers". "This was to supplement private providers also used. This practise was ended around 2007," a spokesperson said.

jm08 wrote: »
    FF are now saying admitting to have done it in the past according to Philip Ryan of the Indo.

A day is a long time in politics. :)

Harris and Varadkar. Dear oh dear.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/leo-varadkar-admits-volunteers-and-students-posed-as-pollsters-for-fine-gael-1207966?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1623261111

Twitter is reporting several people trampled in the rush to get out of this thread. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The mainstream media is the enemy of the people eh?

jm08 wrote: »
    The Indo isn't on pressreader. It stopped when they started charging on their webside.

It is!
    Its where I read it!

It is!
    Its where I read it!

You can't do it through the Library Service though. You must pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I reckon O'Broin adamantly saying he knew other parties did this forced them all to come clean.

Another hilarious episode it has to be said.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Absolutely hilarious, the posters going on earlier about how this a was unbelievable and an absolute scandal anything about Sinn Fein and they dive on it.

Is this now a national scandal to them? Doubt it, pretty sure they won't care anymore now that the other parties have done it too.

The indo really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to make negative stories about Sinn Fein

• Advertisement

guy2231 wrote: »
    Absolutely hilarious, the posters going on earlier about how this a was unbelievable and an absolute scandal anything about Sinn Fein and they dive on it.

Is this now a national scandal to them? Doubt it, pretty sure they won't care anymore now that the other parties have done it too.

The indo really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to make negative stories about Sinn Fein

A decent newspaper employee, without an agenda and interested in the truth, I.E. a journalist, would have done due diligence and asked other parties had they done this.

But not this agenda'ed hack.

Another story backfires spectacularly.

A decent newspaper employee, without an agenda and interested in the truth, I.E. a journalist, would have done due diligence and asked other parties had they done this.

But not this agenda'ed hack.

Another story backfires spectacularly.

I think backfires "beautifully" is a better word for us Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It seems to me there is too much baggage in this thread to allow a balanced discussion of this issue.

In my opinion there is clear evidence now of three parties deceiving voters by misrepresentation.

That is the story.

elperello wrote: »
    It seems to me there is too much baggage in this thread to allow a balanced discussion of this issue.

In my opinion there is clear evidence now of three parties deceiving voters by misrepresentation.

That is the story.

There was far more disgust earlier when it was just Sinn Fein, now everyone seems to have calmed down or they just don't care anymore.

Hate to say it but I was correct this morning along with 'some random guy on Twitter'. There was some moral indignation that I posted that. Turns out it was bang on the money.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117377658&postcount=6269

guy2231 wrote: »
    I think backfires "beautifully" is a better word for us Francie.

Us?

Us?

Not the same 'us' as this crowd of 'us'es' anyhow I bet! :):)

Not the same 'us' as this crowd of 'us'es' anyhow I bet! :):)

A less busy whatsapp group that second one I'd say;)

A less busy whatsapp group that second one I'd say;)

:)...you say that after the day today? Read back the thread there...some embarrassing stuff from the usual us'es. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

:)...you say that after the day today? Read back the thread there...some embarrassing stuff from the usual us'es. :)

It's a good day for the greens, soc dems, Labour, pbp etc.

SF, FG, FF it's not.

Treating the electorate like idiots.

Advertisement