Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

markodaly wrote: »
    Tell us, what 'War' was the Gardai involved in Limerick, 1996?

That murder was nothing else but murder. Trying to dress it up as some sort of conflict between nations is disgusting.

The Republican movement were unequivocal when issuing statements regarding the murder of Jerry McCabe.

2011 Martin Mcg said in an interview with Brian dobson the murder was entirely wrong. In 2013 Gerry Adams from the floor of the Dail eireann stated the murder of Jerry Mccabe was wrong as he sent his condolences to Adrian Donohoe family.

Nobody has tried to mess it up. When volunteers joined the ranks of Oglaigh na hEireann they undertook standing order No.8 regarding free state forces not being regarded as targets.

This operation was wrong. No Republican says otherwise.

Brilliant response from the GRA.

Deafening silence from the usual cohorts and SF on the issue. Even 25 years later they still defend this stuff.

Above I gave 2 examples of Sinn Fein discussing this matter. It is not ignored , but has been addressed and there is no further need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Pollster story being portrayed now as a big joke on Newstalk Breakfast by Cagney presumably because they were all at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

jm08 wrote: »
    FF are now saying admitting to have done it in the past according to Philip Ryan of the Indo.

Hah, yeah it paints them in the worst light saying they didn't do it, and then back tracking when caught out.

Still need to point out its not all parties, just the three biggest.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Tell us, what 'War' was the Gardai involved in Limerick, 1996?

That murder was nothing else but murder. Trying to dress it up as some sort of conflict between nations is disgusting.

Who is trying to dress it up?

He was murdered by members of the IRA just like in all wars some members of armies act out of line and violate the rules of the army.

IRA policy was strictly against harming any members of the security forces in the south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

guy2231 wrote: »
    Who is trying to dress it up?

He was murdered by members of the IRA just like in all wars some members of armies act out of line and violate the rules of the army.

IRA policy was strictly against harming any members of the security forces in the south.

Hahaha , Thanks Pearse

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

This is from yesterday when the claims against Sinn Fein first came out.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40309505.html

Fianna Fail representative Mr MacSharry added he found it "extremely worrying, and I don't know anybody involved in politics, up to now, who would have engaged in such subversion, in the modern democratic world."
    The Sligo Fianna Fáil representative said he couldn't see how it wouldn't constitute Garda involvement.

Mr MacSharry said this was not "normal political behaviour, and I think that the Gardaí should be consulted, quite frankly".

Absolutely hilarious, I wonder if he will still be calling for garda involvement against his own party and Fine Gael?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

guy2231 wrote: »
    Absolutely hilarious, I wonder if he will still be calling for garda involvement against his own party and Fine Gael?
    He has called for Martin to resign. Though it would be unlikely to happen it would be quite funny if another Philip Ryan "get SF" story managed to accidentally take out the leader of FF rather than seriously damage SF.

Regards...jmcc

Lol. Blanch's Greens were at it too according to Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The Republican movement were unequivocal when issuing statements regarding the murder of Jerry McCabe.

2011 Martin Mcg said in an interview with Brian dobson the murder was entirely wrong. In 2013 Gerry Adams from the floor of the Dail eireann stated the murder of Jerry Mccabe was wrong as he sent his condolences to Adrian Donohoe family.

Nobody has tried to mess it up. When volunteers joined the ranks of Oglaigh na hEireann they undertook standing order No.8 regarding free state forces not being regarded as targets.

This operation was wrong. No Republican says otherwise.

Free state forces... standing orders....Oglaigh na hEireann

Funny, other words to try and excuse what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

jmcc wrote: »
    He has called for Martin to resign. Though it would be unlikely to happen it would be quite funny if another Philip Ryan "get SF" story managed to accidentally take out the leader of FF rather than seriously damage SF.

Regards...jmcc

I love the remarks from people who defend SF to the hilt that anything the Indo does or Philip Ryan does is somehow a conspiracy against SF.

Maybe he is just a journalist who does some digging and if SF gets mud on their face, so be it?

I love the remarks from people who defend SF to the hilt that anything the Indo does or Philip Ryan does is somehow a conspiracy against SF.

Maybe he is just a journalist who does some digging and if SF gets mud on their face, so be it?

I actually thought he worked for SF PR.

Free state forces... standing orders....Oglaigh na hEireann

Funny, other words to try and excuse what happened.

What?

Can you not read or are you purposely just trying to troll.

costacorta wrote: »
    Hahaha , Thanks Pearse

If you are referring to Pearse McCauley he is currently in prison serving a considerable sentence for non republican activity also rumour goes he was dismissed from the IRA years ago. You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I actually thought he worked for SF PR.
    At this stage, FF and FG may be thinking the same thing. :) Every one of his major "get SF" stories seems to have caused more damage to FF and FG than SF.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    At this stage, FF and FG may be thinking the same thing. :) Every one of his major "get SF" stories seems to have caused more damage to FF and FG than SF.

Regards...jmcc

I suppose its pointless reiterating for the set here that likes the sport of pushing back at the likes of that,that most people around the virtual water cooler don't care or read twitter
    Its just a niche concern even if it does poof up news cycles whilst waiting on important ones

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I suppose its pointless reiterating for the set here that likes the sport of pushing back at the likes of that,that most people around the virtual water cooler don't care or read twitter
    Its just a niche concern even if it does poof up news cycles whilst waiting on important ones

'Most'?

Have you any back up for that ML?

By the way, the story featured on all major news programmes I watched yesterday too.

I agree with you fully. However in this case Twitter had a benefit in fact with people posting that they had actually partook of false polling on behalf of FG and FF and naming actual candidates that they did it for. Is this the reason why both parties, ie FG and FF and now the Greens backtracked on their initial denial when confronted by Philip Ryan last week on this very issue?

'Most'?

Have you any back up for that ML?

By the way, the story featured on all major news programmes I watched yesterday too.

I haven't done any covert studies on it no ;)
    Your latter point, I addressed as typical poofing in-between news cycles
    Its a common tool
    Not really news

I haven't done any covert studies on it no ;)
    Your latter point, I addressed as typical poofing in-between news cycles
    Its a common tool
    Not really news

So you actually have nothing to base it on. Just trying to water down the collateral damage.

What is 'poofing in-between news cycles'?

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I agree with you fully. However in this case Twitter had a benefit in fact with people posting that they had actually partook of false polling on behalf of FG and FF and naming actual candidates that they did it for. Is this the reason why both parties, ie FG and FF and now the Greens backtracked on their initial denial when confronted by Philip Ryan last week on this very issue?

No,I'd say its just clarification
    I and I think anyone interested in politics always knew that parties did internal polls but didn't know the ins and outs of it
    We do now
    Personally I don't give a toss about it
    The authorities do presumably out of a need to ensure the law isn't broken
    In the news cycle the gap it poofed is gone now,quite quickly with the day marche /protocol story

No,I'd say its just clarification
    I and I think anyone interested in politics always knew that parties did internal polls but didn't know the ins and outs of it
    We do now
    Personally I don't give a toss about it
    The authorities do presumably out of a need to ensure the law isn't broken
    In the news cycle the gap it poofed is gone now,quite quickly with the day marche /protocol story

There were plenty 'interested in politics' proclaiming this was a SF issue here yesterday and broached nobody saying otherwise. I posted a few saying it was an 'all party' issue on Twitter yesterday around 10am and was rounded on by the 'interested' for trying to deflect away from the Shinners and that the Gardai needed to be involved. All missing from the thread now funnily enough.

Forgive me, but your read on this is faulty. If the 'journalist' had done his due diligence and hadn't a particular and now legendary agenda, we wouldn't be here.

There were plenty 'interested in politics' proclaiming this was a SF issue here yesterday and broached nobody saying otherwise. I posted a few saying it was an 'all party' issue on Twitter yesterday around 10am and was rounded on by the 'interested' for trying to deflect away from the Shinners and that the Gardai needed to be involved. All missing from the thread now funnily enough.

Forgive me, but your read on this is faulty. If the 'journalist' had done his due diligence and hadn't a particular and now legendary agenda, we wouldn't be here.
    You guys don't go missing for a while at times?
    Its all very amusing that you think anyone much cares about the interactions of the tribes on these threads
    Best kept going amongst yourselves, ye dig it

Its all very amusing that you think anyone much cares about the interactions of the tribes on these threads

Keep up the attempt to dilute all this ML, you've been at it since arriving on thread, 'vested in' them or not.

I have to say, the 'I'm above all this' stance is an amusing diversionary tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

It's not just "tribes on these threads" that caught people's attention, this was all over all media outlets yesterday morning, MacSharry calling for the Gardai to be involved etc etc.

I heard that sneak Martin being grilled on the radio this morning about it too. So it's still relevant.
    I posted a few weeks ago about Ryan opening a Pandora's box regarding the data and Sinn Fein story, and I could copy and paste the same post here.

Ryan blowing his chances at a special advisor yet again. He's some vote getter for Sinn Fein by the looks of things, they obviously learned nothing since the last election campaign.

CDarby wrote: »
    It's not just "tribes on these threads" that caught people's attention, this was all over all media outlets yesterday morning, MacSharry calling for the Gardai to be involved etc etc.

I heard that sneak Martin being grilled on the radio this morning about it too. So it's still relevant.
    I posted a few weeks ago about Ryan opening a Pandora's box regarding the data and Sinn Fein story, and I could copy and paste the same post here.

Ryan blowing his chances at a special advisor yet again. He's some vote getter for Sinn Fein by the looks of things, they obviously learned nothing since the last election campaign.

It just featured on Clare Byrne's show too. Marine Layer is way off the mark I'm afraid.

Keep up the attempt to dilute all this ML, you've been at it since arriving on thread, 'vested in' them or not.

I have to say, the 'I'm above all this' stance is an amusing diversionary tactic.

Hardly
    Your strategy in this thread is consistent throughout
    As is mine

Hardly
    Your strategy in this thread is consistent throughout
    As is mine

Yours is to handwave away any blowback, despite several posters posting evidence that this is raising comment across all media, not just here or on Twitter.

I.E. you are wrong.

Yours is to handwave away any blowback, despite several posters posting evidence that this is raising comment across all media, not just here or on Twitter.

I.E. you are wrong.

The partial solar eclipse will probably be mentioned on tomorrow's Friday gathering too
    Its probably less trivial in the publics eyes
    Less high in yours
    'We' * get that

*Royal 'we'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

If you are referring to Pearse McCauley he is currently in prison serving a considerable sentence for non republican activity also rumour goes he was dismissed from the IRA years ago. You're welcome

I know that as It is public news that he stabbed the woman that campaigned so hard to get him out of prison for murdering Mc Cabe.
    Remember well her reading out a letter from her beloved Pearse at a SF Ard Fheis and getting a standing ovation from the SF/IRA crew present.

I wonder when he was stabbing her and telling her she was going to die did she still think he was a great republican hero ?Reap what you sow comes to mind .

You’re Welcome

Advertisement