Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

McMurphy wrote: »
    Also just on the "giving out meals for likes on social media"

Cmon tikka.....wakey wakey.......

https://twitter.com/moscannail/status/1258437584159748096?s=19

0-EXW6c-m-VAAATZ0-Ajpeg.jpg
    Yes just as cringeworthy and no politician or decent human being should promote their own act of goodwill - it is just meaningless. But again why is is the SF response to attack FG .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes just as cringeworthy and no politician or decent human being should promote their own act of goodwill - it is just meaningless. But again why is is the SF response to attack FG .

This is the kind of huffing I was talking about. FF and FG just hate to have their cosy systems, that they all nodded their heads in assent to over the years, exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You need to either drop the act of naivety, or read the tweet, the only people attacking anyone was Leo, ridiculing the Shinners for doing something, his very own colleague was at hours beforehand, snd he was blissfully unaware of.

This is the kind of huffing I was talking about. FF and FG just hate to have their cosy systems, that they all nodded their heads in assent to over the years, exposed.

im pretty sure ireland remains,only country in the world,where overpaid politians,who turn down further payrises,

Get critised for doing so....rather than introspection to see,if we should slash all their pay

You need to either drop the act of naivety, or read the tweet, the only people attacking anyone was Leo, ridiculing the Shinners for doing something, his very own colleague was at hours beforehand, snd he was blissfully unaware of.
    I'm talking about you and your mates on here , its your defense mechanism - someone says something about SF - bang clockwork all of the same group of 4-5 on bringing up something up about FG a lot of time you with your passive aggressive posts and replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Other TDS have refused that increase but did not feel the need to post it on social media. What she done is the equivalent of going over buying a homeless person a meal and taking a video of yourself doing it then posting it on social media for likes. Self praise is no praise. She is in a comfortable position where she already makes a decent wage and her husband also and as i have said already she will claim that back in expenses and whatever donations fall at her feet. It is insincere and it is fake and is just a show to try to make her look like a god to her supporters.

The fact she published the amount as well...she'd only lose 52% of it in tax in any case...

I'm talking about you and your mates on here , its your defense mechanism - someone says something about SF - bang clockwork all of the same group of 4-5 on bringing up something up about FG a lot of time you with your passive aggressive posts and replies

Calling out ridiculous posts for what they are, and then being accused of being part of some kind of coordinated strategy is hardly passive aggressive posting.

Don't post brainfarts, and they won't be torn apart.

It's quite simple I'd have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

It's classic fascism, two wrongs make a right, the party is always justified stuff.

It's classic fascism, two wrongs make a right, the party is always justified stuff.

Says poster, justifying his/her own party. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

PR exercises are a right of passage for many a TD. However, I don't think the masses are taking any notice. Those who do a lot of good from sincerity will not boast about it later on. Most of this honest work I am talking about is done by non-political entries.

Dan.

• Advertisement

Calling out ridiculous posts for what they are, and then being accused of being part of some kind of coordinated strategy is hardly passive aggressive posting.

Don't post brainfarts, and they won't be torn apart.

It's quite simple I'd have thought.
    You tore nothing apart

You tore nothing apart

Well, you still haven't provided back up for your contentions. So 'tore apart' is a fairly good summation.

handing back pay-rises is now facism?

Wtf

Well, you still haven't provided back up for your contentions. So 'tore apart' is a fairly good summation.

List is available next week as was stated , you his puppet ?

You made a statement about something that isn't available until next week?

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Are they actually handing back pay rises though? In the social media posts I seen it was a gift of the pay rise amount to the minister of finance. Yet they said they've been refusing pay rises for years.

If that was the case wouldn't they be gifting the cumulative total of all those pay rises each year rather than the current pay rise amount?

You made a statement about something that isn't available until next week?

???
    Read back I said she is not the only one , then I was asked for proof

Read back I said she is not the only one , then I was asked for proof

Which you don't have.

And nobody I know claimed she was the only one. The original post just highlights her tweet and says....wait for it:
    Fair play to Mary Lou McDonald and the other TD's

The first response to that post was the predictably huffy and bitter:
    She will make it back in expenses

from guess who? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://twitter.com/SunTimesIreland/status/1360866148225540096

I completely agree with MM here.

SF has not, to this day, recanted and apologised for the wanton acts of murder, violence and dead they left behind.
    They talk too much about 'the conflict' in a historical sense, a way to 'whatabout' responsibility, while not addressing the elephant in the room, that is murder and violence they excuse, as something that was inevitable. It is amazing how only a tiny minority joined the PIRA!!

SF/PIRA have been at this myth-making and revisionism for the past few decades, and we see the same equivocation of violence by their supporters on social media and here on this site. Always ready to divert blame and attention to 'something else' but never admitting without some poor equivocation that much of what they did was just wrong, wrong, wrong

You have Sinn Fein TD's stating on social media how the Warrenpoint ambush was a 'great success', while being completely mute and silent about the murder of a 14-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy and an 85-year-old woman, on the very same day. Funny how they just ignore that little bit of history, don't they.

Not even have the decency to apologise for that 'ambush'. What brave men the PIRA had, where they had to use a remote-controlled bomb to killed 4 unarmed people, two of them children and two of them, pensioners.

Provo Soldiers? Ha, don't make me laugh. Psychopath and child killers who are embraced as heroes by their sycophantic SF supporters. Imagine lauding people who deliberately killed children?

markodaly wrote: »

SF has not, to this day, recanted and apologised for the wanton acts of murder, violence and dead they left behind.
    They talk too much about 'the conflict' in a historical sense, a way to 'whatabout' responsibility, while not addressing the elephant in the room, that is murder and violence they excuse, as something that was inevitable. It is amazing how only a tiny minority joined the PIRA!!

SF/PIRA have been at this myth-making and revisionism for the past few decades, and we see the same equivocation of violence by their supporters on social media and here on this site. Always ready to divert blame and attention to 'something else' but never admitting without some poor equivocation that much of what they did was just wrong, wrong, wrong

You have Sinn Fein TD's stating on social media how the Warrenpoint ambush was a 'great success', while being completely mute and silent about the murder of a 14-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy and an 85-year-old woman, on the very same day. Funny how they just ignore that little bit of history, don't they.

Not even have the decency to apologise for that 'ambush'. What brave men the PIRA had, where they had to use a remote-controlled bomb to killed 4 unarmed people, two of them children and two of them, pensioners.

Provo Soldiers? Ha, don't make me laugh. Psychopath and child killers who are embraced as heroes by their sycophantic SF supporters. Imagine lauding people who deliberately killed children?

Far as I know there is an open invitation to all the particpants/players in the conflict/war, including the Irish governments of FF or FG, to take part in a full and transparent Truth Recovery process from the IRA and SF.

Until this is reciprocated there will tragically be no truth.

• Advertisement

Far as I know there is an open invitation to all the particpants/players in the conflict/war, including the Irish governments of FF or FG, to take part in a full and transparent Truth Recovery process from the IRA and SF.

If SF/PIRA were serious hand over the names of the people involved in the Birmingham bombings that killed 21 innocent people. It may be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Any chance this is MM preparing for coalition? They apologize and he has a reason to change his position.

Let's face it MLD would have ye all wearing poppies if it meant getting the top job. Nobody is falling for the "I was on my way to join the IRA but got a bit confused and ended up in FF" story.

If SF/PIRA were serious hand over the names of the people involved in the Birmingham bombings that killed 21 innocent people. It may be a start.

SF and the IRA have said they are willing to take part in a Truth Recovery process. None of the other players/combatants/ and those with responsibilities have agreed to that. Why is that, do you think?

When I was looking at the this and assessing whether I could vote for SF, I looked at their record. The IRA said it would, as much as was possible, liase with the ICLVR.
    That commission has gone on record to say that they have done this, and given what information they have to try and find the remains of those disappeared.

I see no reason why SF and the IRA would not do as the say with a transparent TR process.

I fully agree with them that they should not do so until such time as everyone is at that table.

Micheál Martin and the British, whose bidding he is doing again, would like nothing better than SF to 'go first' and admit that they were to blame for what happened.
    It's bull**** politicking and deflection from Micheál again - photos on the steps of the Dáil with selective victims, level stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

FF armed the Ra ,and represented them when SF didn't contest elections, surely MM suffering from selective memory again,

jh79 wrote: »
    Any chance this is MM preparing for coalition? They apologize and he has a reason to change his position.

Let's face it MLD would have ye all wearing poppies if it meant getting the top job. Nobody is falling for the "I was on my way to join the IRA but got a bit confused and ended up in FF" story.

MM won't be in contention as a coalition party with any power of choice the way FF are going. They will be a tiny party like the Greens.

There werent 21 innocents killed in them.bombings....several were off duty soldiers

:rolleyes:

Em, OK!

Eq
    You tore nothing apart

You stated very factually that other TDs refused a pay rise too, they just didn't post on Social media about it, when naturally enough posters asked you to clarify, and how you knew about this of it's not in media, social or otherwise - you started insinuating posters were "receiving orders from HQ" because more than one poster had the audacity to ask a similar question.

I'd imagine if I posted something along the line of "several TDs were caught trousering funds meant for the party" I'd get similar queries, as to who they are, and how I was privy to such info, "instructions from HQ" wouldn't be my first line of thought if I did though. :)

Yeah, I'm happy enough to stand over tore apart thank you very much.

Where did you hear of this "list" and what will happen if all the names on it are Shinners and various members of "the looney left"?

How many TDs and minister's from the trousering party do you reckon are on the list? :D

SF and the IRA have said they are willing to take part in a Truth Recovery process. None of the other players/combatants/ and those with responsibilities have agreed to that. Why is that, do you think?

Because everyone has a stake, including SF/PIRA

British Intelligence wants a lot of stuff buried and forgotten about and the British Government don't want another scandal to explain so they do nothing.

SF/PIRA was so heavily infiltrated they don't want o be embarrassed that local Ra hero 'John Doe' was actually a British informer, or SF rep was talking to the Brits for decades. They also want to bury stuff, like who ordered what and when. *cough* Gerry *cough*

All sides want to forget, so we get nowhere and we get the mythmaking revisionism in place of actual truth.

However, it costs nothing for SF/PIRA to unequivocally apologise for their actions. NOTHING, yet they don't even do that, nor express regret to how the PIRA conducted the war, their strategy, their mistakes, nothing.. it was all justified by the cause. That is the official SF/PIRA narrative and story.
    The Brian Stanly episode was telling that they have not changed one iota.

Because everyone has a stake, including SF/PIRA

British Intelligence wants a lot of stuff buried and forgotten about and the British Government don't want another scandal to explain so they do nothing.

SF/PIRA was so heavily infiltrated they don't want o be embarrassed that local Ra hero 'John Doe' was actually a British informer, or SF rep was talking to the Brits for decades. They also want to bury stuff, like who ordered what and when. *cough* Gerry *cough*

All sides want to forget, so we get nowhere and we get the mythmaking revisionism in place of actual truth.

However, it costs nothing for SF/PIRA to unequivocally apologise for their actions. NOTHING, yet they don't even do that, nor express regret to how the PIRA conducted the war, their strategy, their mistakes, nothing.. it was all justified by the cause. That is the official SF/PIRA narrative and story.
    The Brian Stanly episode was telling that they have not changed one iota.

Here's what I see and what I think new SF voters see (although they can speak for themselves)
    I see a party that was the political wing of an army engaged in a war that is over.
    Like all other wars in history, I don't justify what was done in the war, I am just happy it is over.
    I understand that terrible things involving innocents happened and I see the IRA has apologised for that.
    I would prefer they didn't celebrate the acts of that war that they thought legitimate but then all participants in war do that.

Brian Stanley apologised for the insensitivity of his tweet, and most of his working colleagues have accepted that and moved on.

• Advertisement

Here's what I see and what I think new SF voters see (although they can speak for themselves)
    I see a party that was the political wing of an army engaged in a war that is over.
    Like all other wars in history, I don't justify what was done in the war, I am just happy it is over.
    I understand that terrible things involving innocents happened and I see the IRA has apologised for that.
    I would prefer they didn't celebrate the acts of that war that they thought legitimate but then all participants in war do that.

The whole, "It was a war, so let's approach this like it's an academic question" wears thin. Its nothing more than a way for SF/PIRA to avoid responsibility and pass the buck, while they freewheel on to create more myths and avoid the blatantly obvious questions, as to why they had killed children and attempted to justify it for the cause.

Oh, and the PIRA never unequivocally apologised for what they did and who they killed. That is a myth.

Brian Stanley apologised for the insensitivity of his tweet, and most of his working colleagues have accepted that and moved on.

Yea, for the insensitivity, but not the content. Classic SF alright.
    "We are sorry if you are offended, but not sorry that people died, Up Da RA!!"

Advertisement