Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    The whole, "It was a war, so let's approach this like it's an academic question" wears thin. Its nothing more than a way for SF/PIRA to avoid responsibility and pass the buck, while they freewheel on to create more myths and avoid the blatantly obvious questions, as to why they had killed children and attempted to justify it for the cause.

Oh, and the PIRA never unequivocally apologised for what they did and who they killed. That is a myth.

Yea, for the insensitivity, but not the content. Classic SF alright.
    "We are sorry if you are offended, but not sorry that people died, Up Da RA!!"

Why would somebdy who though the war was legitimate apologise mark?

The electorate seem to me to be way ahead of you guys on this.

You are not getting an apologetic capitulation. The public don't seem interested in FF/FG constantly looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bringing things back to the present,
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40226633.html

FF not getting any bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why would somebdy who though the war was legitimate apologise mark?

Well, that is for SF/PIRA supporters and members to answer. If they think killing children is a legitimate way to get a UI (so why apologise?), then so be it. Of course, it makes them out to be a complete psychopath.

You are not getting an apologetic capitulation. The public don't seem interested in FF/FG constantly looking for it.

What about the victims? I guess they don't matter to SF/PIRA?

Well, that is for SF/PIRA supporters and members to answer. If they think killing children is a legitimate way to get a UI (so why apologise?), then so be it. Of course, it makes them out to be a complete psychopath.

What about the victims? I guess they don't matter to SF/PIRA?

What about the victims indeed. You do realise there are more than the victims of the IRA?

They apologised for all the innocents they killed by the way. Currently various campaigners are getting apologies one by painful one from the British and Unionist/loyalists for the innocent victims their regime killed.

What about the victims indeed. You do realise there are more than the victims of the IRA?

Of course, even though the PIRA killed more people than anyone else and more Nationalists/Catholics than anyone else, I do know there were other victims.

However, the people responsible for them, are not asking me for a vote in the next election and treating people like idiots. Nor are their supporters online trying to whatabout or whitewash away their deads and actions, and sell us a myth full of lies and wishful academic thought exercises.
    They apologised for all the innocents they killed by the way. Currently various campaigners are getting apologies one by painful one from the British and Unionist/loyalists for the innocent victims their regime killed.

Again, no they didn't unequivocally. But a nice attempt at a 'whatabout', which ties in my point about. When push comes to shove and there is nothing left to defend, the 'Whatbaout da Brits' card comes out.

The Brits or Loyalists arent asking me to vote for them in the next election, SF are.

• Advertisement

Of course, even though the PIRA killed more people than anyone else and more Nationalists/Catholics than anyone else, I do know there were other victims.

However, the people responsible for them, are not asking me for a vote in the next election and treating people like idiots. Nor are their supporters online trying to whatabout or whitewash away their deads and actions, and sell us a myth full of lies and wishful academic thought exercises.

I don't think they want a vote from someone like you mark.

And it wasn't a killing competition either.

Again, no they didn't unequivocally. But a nice attempt at a 'whatabout', which ties in my point about. When push comes to shove and there is nothing left to defend, the 'Whatbaout da Brits' card comes out.

The Brits or Loyalists arent asking me to vote for them in the next election, SF are.

They didn't use a form of words you wanted...yawn.

Again...don't vote for them...I don't think they require 100%.

Michael martin is playing his same nonsemse as when he went claiming there was no bailout......quite how someone with such a poor grasp on reality is taoiseach is beyond me

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/events/peace/docs/ira160702.htm

They didn't use a form of words you wanted...yawn.

Again...don't vote for them...I don't they require 100%.

As we know Francie, words matter, actions also matter.
    Their words fail to impress, and their actions have been absent and conspicuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Michael martin is playing his same nonsemse as when he went claiming there was no bailout......quite how someone with such a poor grasp on reality is taoiseach is beyond me

It's a distraction from the utter embarrassment of being uninvited to the Whitehouse to give Joe the bowl of shamrock.

As we know Francie, words matter, actions also matter.
    Their words fail to impress, and their actions have been absent and conspicuous.

You are losing that argument with a growing number of the electorate mark.

If FG FF keep it up, fair enough, on their own heads be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If SF/PIRA were serious hand over the names of the people involved in the Birmingham bombings that killed 21 innocent people. It may be a start.

Martin was the Fianna Fáil ticket in Cork South-Central,Martin served on a number of Oireachtas committees, including those dealing with crime, finance and he was the Lord Mayor in '93. In his constituency is Bessborough with 900 babies buried on the grounds. It was open until '98. I don't think martin should open his mouth to be honest when it comes to victims. He shut his eyes to them and maybe even facilitated the abuse of women and children.

Haha, yea that was posted before. A lot of whataboutery in that.

The most interesting thing about that though? It was signed by 'P O'Neill', the anonymous secret person(s) behind the IRA press releases.

It says it all that the mealy-mouthed 'apology' was signed by some anonymous person.
    Want to apologise? Do it without equivocation, in public, with your face and name to it.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/lets-end-the-pantomime-of-p-oneill-pleads-blair-25945370.html

smurgen wrote: »
    Martin was the Fianna Fáil ticket in Cork South-Central,Martin served on a number of Oireachtas committees, including those dealing with crime, finance and he was the Lord Mayor in '93. In his constituency is Bessborough with 900 babies buried on the grounds. It was open until '98. I don't think martin should open his mouth to be honest when it comes to victims. He shut his eyes to them and maybe even facilitated the abuse of women and children.

Oh go on, this is a SF thread but go on...

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's a distraction from the utter embarrassment of being uninvited to the Whitehouse to give Joe the bowl of shamrock.

Has the look of a bruised ego,lashing out about it alright

Though noone cares and tbh,i hope its end of the shamrock bowl tradition,its embarassing as a country to carry on that way (along with dragging dignatires to the guiness storehouse for a pint and photo op)....

we have so much more as a country to offer....its time to start showing it

The most interesting thing about that though? It was signed by 'P O'Neill', the anonymous secret person(s) behind the IRA press releases.

It says it all that the mealy-mouthed 'apology' was signed by some anonymous person.
    Want to apologise? Do it without equivocation, in public, with your face and name to it.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/lets-end-the-pantomime-of-p-oneill-pleads-blair-25945370.html

Jaysus...if you wanted a sign that no apology, unless it's utter capitulation would be enough.

Oh go on, this is a SF thread but go on...

What ya mean go on? They were the government. They paid the home.he lived in the shadow of Bessborough and done nothing to intervene.gave a useless apology too.

all ira statements were signed p oneill??

Are we to belive then,that you dont think ira ceasefires announcements count and the brits,in your view,cheerily negociated with an ira still active againest them?

Looks in reality to me,you didnt know about this statement and told micheal martin at his word,now in place of admitting mistake,your complaining about spurious issues....

If yous were honest in wanting an apology and admission of wrong,that statement geos far beyond what was necessary and shows infinite more acceptance of responsibility,than the british (or irish state)have done as regards their role in the troubles

Have the british ever acknowledged,grief,pain and suffering of relatives of ira members killed?? (Or any inncents they killed/help to kill outside of bloody sunday victims)

Jaysus...if you wanted a sign that no apology, unless it's utter capitulation would be enough.

Nah, just an unequivocal apology with your real, not made up name attached. Would be a start anyway.

Nah, just an unequivocal apology with your real, not made up name attached. Would be a start anyway.

Yeh and then you'll be out canvassing for them.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

We're not getting these "go-getters" though....the vast majority of our TDs are county councillors,who have risen to their level of incompetence (hence why we have record number of ministerial advisors )

Slash pay for all of them imo

I don’t think 98 is a lot but I still think it is bad value. Especially as they expense everything anyway.

• Advertisement

What ya mean go on? They were the government. They paid the home.he lived in the shadow of Bessborough and done nothing to intervene.gave a useless apology too.

You made an accusation, a serious one at that, that he facilitated the abuse of woman and children.
    This means he directly interfered in the running of the home, in some way or shape.

I can see why, in the SF thread you want to be talking about MM and FF and M&B homes, but go on, give us some proof.

Yeh and then you'll be out canvassing for them.

:):)

Judging by their online presence, they have an army of willing disciples ready in the wings, so no need for me to be pounding the pavements.

Judging by their online presence, they have an army of willing disciples ready in the wings, so no need for me to be pounding the pavements.

Which would be further proof FF and FG are losing the tired old argument.

You made an accusation, a serious one at that, that he facilitated the abuse of woman and children.
    This means he directly interfered in the running of the home, in some way or shape.

I can see why, in the SF thread you want to be talking about MM and FF and M&B homes, but go on, give us some proof.

Michael Martin is more closely linked to the Bessborough home than Mary Lou to the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Going by the looks of the polls in today's paper/last election results, there's a sizable cohort of the electorate who don't care about the Ra mark, FFG are completely and utterly brain-dead and at nothing trying to bring it up time and time again.

Dredge it all up again FFG, sure going by the last election, what could go wrong:D?

Michael Martin is more closely linked to the Bessborough home than Mary Lou to the troubles.

Didn't answer the question, again.

Says it all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She was in FF for the most part.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    She was in FF for the most part.

In cork south central? Where Bessborough is?

Didn't answer the question, again.

Says it all. :pac:

What do you mean? They were the government and they were financing the homes. It's like saying government weren't involved in direct provision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

In cork south central? Where Bessborough is?

Mostly around leafy Ranelagh where she's from I'd imagine.

Advertisement