Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And that is supposed to mean what?

That whatever it is they are 'trying' to do, seems to be working and your point is just shouty never never never-isms?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Doherty is a total ‘tank’ with little knowledge and no cop on.

Seems to think that roaring and shouting and building up a faux rage about things is effective and attractive.

News for ya bud, it ain’t .

Comes across as an idiot like the other idiots who adopt that m.o.

Ring, the HRs, that idiot Fitzmaurice, Boyd Barrett, McGrath, MacSharry, and that
    asshat up in Meath who jacked out of the Shinners.

Total clowns who try to impress Middle Ireland who can read them like an open book.

Totally get what you're saying, however I'd argue that its working.
    I'm in my mid 30s (ish... 37), I've a house on my own, IE no other person pays my mortgage, bar me.
    I don't come from a wealthy background at all.
    I've 2 other mates in that age group that have managed to achieve this, the rest (and there's a lot of them) are living at home or renting. And it's that group of people SF are targeting.
    They don't care about SF history, all they care about is that they went to college, have good jobs, and even together as a couple cannot afford to buy a place in a reasonably nice part of Dublin.

It's a perfect storm, and SF are riding on top of it.

There are two more big issues on the horizon for Ireland, if people cannot get decent jobs and own a home having gone through college, then it is very likely that they will leave. I've a few mates in their mid 40's whos kids have left, and probably won't come back (And they're not a bit happy about it, and they blame the government... that they voted in year after year :rolleyes: ).
    I myself know what this is like, my sister emigrated to NZ after the last crash*, she's set up shop over there now and isn't coming back.

The 2nd thing is the inevitable crash that's going to come as a result of the housing market being over inflated.

Both these are going to put more wind into the SF sails.
    FF and FG need to get the finger out right now, and sort the mess with a long term and sustainable solution.
    Last GE: FG - 20.9% FF - 22.2% SF - 24.5%
    And that is supposed to mean what?

I think it means that SF are leading, and are still leading, and could potentially win enough seats to form are government in the next few years if things keep going the way they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I think FF/FG should be tackling social issues beyond how it might effect their election chances. It's sad that we only expect them to put the public good first if it threatens their future pensions.
    It's a decade now of this getting worse. SF and others have not changed their tune in looking for more social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Totally get what you're saying, however I'd argue that its working.
    I'm in my mid 30s (ish... 37), I've a house on my own, IE no other person pays my mortgage, bar me.
    I don't come from a wealthy background at all.
    I've 2 other mates in that age group that have managed to achieve this, the rest (and there's a lot of them) are living at home or renting. And it's that group of people SF are targeting.
    They don't care about SF history, all they care about is that they went to college, have good jobs, and even together as a couple cannot afford to buy a place in a reasonably nice part of Dublin.

It's a perfect storm, and SF are riding on top of it.

There are two more big issues on the horizon for Ireland, if people cannot get decent jobs and own a home having gone through college, then it is very likely that they will leave. I've a few mates in their mid 40's whos kids have left, and probably won't come back (And they're not a bit happy about it, and they blame the government... that they voted in year after year :rolleyes: ).
    I myself know what this is like, my sister emigrated to NZ after the last crash*, she's set up shop over there now and isn't coming back.

The 2nd thing is the inevitable crash that's going to come as a result of the housing market being over inflated.

Both these are going to put more wind into the SF sails.
    FF and FG need to get the finger out right now, and sort the mess with a long term and sustainable solution.

I think it means that SF are leading, and are still leading, and could potentially win enough seats to form are government in the next few years if things keep going the way they're going.

Excellent post, saying it as it is.

Few little things, what’s with this ‘goin traveling’ stuff …. finish college and then the first move is two years ‘traveling’.

Get your education in Ireland and then out of the country?

I totally agree that housing is the biggest isssue right now but the vested interests seem to have the thing totally locked up.

The Shinners know this but can’t see them making any good effort to solve it, other than building sink estates which will become a nest of crime and and a scrotes safe haven.

Not the done thing in other eras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Excellent post, saying it as it is.

Few little things, what’s with this ‘goin traveling’ stuff …. finish college and then the first move is two years ‘traveling’.

Get your education in Ireland and then out of the country?

I totally agree that housing is the biggest isssue right now but the vested interests seem to have the thing totally locked up.

The Shinners know this but can’t see them making any good effort to solve it, other than building sink estates which will become a nest of crime and and a scrotes safe haven.

Not the done thing in other eras.

A large volume of Irish society came from social housing.

As regards "not the done thing in other eras", we use to build thousands of social housing. That was before we had a housing crisis of course.
    And we've zero anti-social behaviour or drug problems since we've stopped? :):)

Do you think FF/FG are best suited to look after the housing problem because they caused it?
    I would suggest a change is needed. You don't hand the fella who robbed your house the keys and ask him to look after things while you're on holliers.

• Advertisement

Shebean wrote: »
    A large volume of Irish society came from social housing.

As regards "not the done thing in other eras", we use to build thousands of social housing. That was before we had a housing crisis of course.
    And we've zero anti-social behaviour or drug problems since we've stopped? :):)

Do you think FF/FG are best suited to look after the housing problem because they caused it?
    I would suggest a change is needed. You don't hand the fella who robbed your house the keys and ask him to look after things while you're on holliers.

It would never dawn on Brendi to wonder why this happened and who allowed it. If the answer isn't - 'the shinners', Brendi doesn't want to know the question.
    Brendi wrote:
    but the vested interests seem to have the thing totally locked up.

It would never dawn on Brendi to wonder why this happened and who allowed it. If the answer isn't - 'the shinners', Brendi doesn't want to know the question.

As usual Mr Francie wants to skew the post as to what he thinks the poster implied.

Nothing new there guv.

As usual Mr Francie wants to skew the post as to what he thinks the poster implied.

Nothing new there guv.

Sure nothing is ever meant or implied when you are challenged Brendi.

Sure nothing is ever meant or implied when you are challenged Brendi.

Stick to the written word Mr B, not what YOU think the post is saying.

Then you can do all the ‘ challenging’ you like.

You will be up in the sheebeen in drumlin country barking at the moon if you keep up that bulldust.

Stick to the written word Mr B, not what YOU think the post is saying.

Then you can do all the ‘ challenging’ you like.

You will be up in the sheebeen in drumlin country barking at the moon if you keep up that bulldust.

Who is at fault for allowing the following Brendi (remember you said it, we can only ask you to explain)
    Brendi wrote:
    but the vested interests seem to have the thing totally locked up.

• Advertisement

Who is at fault for allowing the following Brendi (remember you said it, we can only ask you to explain)

Trying hard to deflect the thread away from its title Mr B.

The auld Bren is well aware of that auld tactic, a chara.

Trying hard to deflect the thread away from its title Mr B.

The auld Bren is well aware of that auld tactic, a chara.

Not at all a chara.

SF have been saying for years that FG and FF are fault for allowing that to happen. You mentioned it on the correct thread.

Not at all a chara.

SF have been saying for years that FG and FF are fault for allowing that to happen. You mentioned it on the correct thread.

Eh…. I don’t remember saying anyone was “at fault” a chara.

The heat must be gettting through the corduroys, Mr B.

Eh…. I don’t remember saying anyone was “at fault” a chara.

The heat must be gettting through the corduroys, Mr B.

Well I know FG and their support are happy with it, after all it was the policies and the lack of them of the power swap that has led to the housing crisis.

I think Sinn Fein say that too, a chara.

Who is this Martin Browne TD fella, and will Mary Lou/The Belfast Brigade sanction him for refusing to support her condemnation of the murdering thugs who shot Jerry McCabe?

I’ve only heard him speak once and he’s quite an incoherent man. One of the damage limitation sorts that SF are festooned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭jh79

Who is this Martin Browne TD fella, and will Mary Lou/The Belfast Brigade sanction him for refusing to support her condemnation of the murdering thugs who shot Jerry McCabe?

I’ve only heard him speak once and he’s quite an incoherent man. One of the damage limitation sorts that SF are festooned with.

Bit of a strange one, thinks 9/11 was a hologram.

jh79 wrote: »

'It would make you wonder' why people have to lie about these things when all the guy did was share a tweet and make a comment on it. And since, when asked, makes clear he doesn't believe it.

Salient parts of the 'current' sensationalism =

Indo
    Philip Ryan
    Pile on telling further lies.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. :)

BTW, before the high moral grounders turn on me: I think it great that Mary Lou has adamantly put the party position out there but, as a realist, and knowing all other political parties, I know there will be some in the party that disagree with the leader. Such is democracy.

I think he is wrong not to condemn.

'It would make you wonder' why people have to lie about these things when all the guy did was share a tweet and make a comment on it. And since, when asked, makes clear he doesn't believe it.

Salient parts of the 'current' sensationalism =

Indo
    Philip Ryan
    Pile on telling further lies.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. :)

BTW, before the high moral grounders turn on me: I think it great that Mary Lou has adamantly put the party position out there but, as a realist, and knowing all other political parties, I know there will be some in the party that disagree with the leader. Such is democracy.

I think he is wrong not to condemn.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-apologises-for-sharing-conspiracy-theory-facebook-posts-1.4433134

The comment was "makes you wonder". Open to interpretation but doubt he was wondering how people believe such nonsense.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-apologises-for-sharing-conspiracy-theory-facebook-posts-1.4433134

The comment was "makes you wonder". Open to interpretation but doubt he was wondering how people believe such nonsense.

Also he voted for Gemma when she wanted to get nominated.

Bit of a coincidence that he shared conspiracy theories on Facebook and supported Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Every party has their share of loons. I recall a former Minister for Health who thought there was 18 other Corona viruses before this one.

• Advertisement

You are part of what I called 'the pile on of lies' jh79.

He has since dealt with the comment in the very paper printing this latest round.

But you keep it up. Keep trawling twitter accounts, maybe soon you'll find something with traction.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Every party has their share of loons. I recall a former Minister for Health who thought there was 18 other Corona viruses before this one.

The thing that is fabulous about these guys is that they defend all that stuff, all the loony comments, those at variance with the party leaders, over and over again.

Any time I voted FG FF or any other party I was fully aware that there were loons in each of those parties, that there were people whose opinion I vehemently objected to.
    The inability of those who cannot accept that, who defend each and every action (some of them, while claiming to be supporters of other parties) tends to suggest to me that they are 'members' of those parties they defend so tenaciously.

This guy is wrong not to condemn. He seems to be a bit of loon and off the wall.
    Plenty of that right through Irish politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Fann Linn wrote: »

Another former minister for health was, possibly still is, an anti vaxxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

CDarby wrote: »
    Another former minister for health was, possibly still is, an anti vaxxer.

Forgot about that.

He has since dealt with the comment in the very paper printing this latest round.

But you keep it up. Keep trawling twitter accounts, maybe soon you'll find something with traction.

Wasn't a lie. He shared conspiracy theories and supported Gemma, Ireland's most infamous conspiracy theorist.

I think it's a fair assumption that he believes these types of things. That's how he came across Gemma in the first place.

Doherty is a total ‘tank’ with little knowledge and no cop on.

Seems to think that roaring and shouting and building up a faux rage about things is effective and attractive.

News for ya bud, it ain’t .

Comes across as an idiot like the other idiots who adopt that m.o.

Ring, the HRs, that idiot Fitzmaurice, Boyd Barrett, McGrath, MacSharry, and that
    asshat up in Meath who jacked out of the Shinners.

Total clowns who try to impress Middle Ireland who can read them like an open book.

Not the first time he let his short fuse get the better of him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sf-councillor-is-convicted-of-public-order-offences-1.204423

Wasn't a lie. He shared conspiracy theories and supported Gemma, Ireland's most infamous conspiracy theorist.

I think it's a fair assumption that he believes these types of things. That's how he came across Gemma in the first place.

Ah here we go...wasn't a lie/bluff...sure.

This is a lie. He shared a tweet (seemingly something a Shinner cannot do) and asked 'Makes you wonder'.

He did not say 'he thinks 9/11 was a hologram'.

Despicable ducking out of what you did - piling onto yet another Indo/Philip Ryan negative piece with a bluff/lie.

i.e. all the theory's on JFK's assassination 'makes me wonder'. I don't believe all of them.

Ah here we go...wasn't a lie/bluff...sure.

This is a lie. He shared a tweet (seemingly something a Shinner cannot do) and asked 'Makes you wonder'.

He did not say 'he thinks 9/11 was a hologram'.

Despicable ducking out of what you did - piling onto yet another Indo/Philip Ryan negative piece with a bluff/lie.

i.e. all the theory's on JFK's assassination 'makes me wonder'. I don't believe all of them.

JFK might make you wonder. But how in God name does "9/11 was a hologram" make you wonder??

Gemma was pushing that and he then votes for her. Makes you wonder indeed.

JFK might make you wonder. But how in God name does "9/11 was a hologram" make you wonder??

Gemma was pushing that and he then votes for her. Makes you wonder indeed.

Here's what I do when someone makes a claim. I research.

I researched your claim that O'Doherty was 'pushing' 9-11 as a hologram and can find nothing suggesting she was. She does believe it was an inside job, as many people do.

Can you now back up your claim that she was pushing 9-11 'as a hologram'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭mikethecop

lies ?

so he didn't do and say those things the very things apologized for then ?

coz it seems like he did , is this one of those violet wynn things ?

Advertisement