Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭jh79

Browne sharing "9/11 was a hologram" while idiotic was harmless.

His views on the murder of Garda McCabe are awfull. The man was shot over money. The IRA were not that poor that abandoning the mission would of affected "the cause".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭jh79

Getting wise in your old age! :)

True. Need a break after last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

jh79 wrote: »
    Browne sharing "9/11 was a hologram" while idiotic was harmless.

His views on the murder of Garda McCabe are awfull. The man was shot over money. The IRA were not that poor that abandoning the mission would of affected "the cause".

Isn’t the McCabe case the one where the IRA guy came out shooting on the basis that there was some grudge against the mid west Garda division, ie not related to the robbery as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Marcusm wrote: »
    Isn’t the McCabe case the one where the IRA guy came out shooting on the basis that there was some grudge against the mid west Garda division, ie not related to the robbery as such.

think that is something sf tried to push out there to distance it self from the responsibility it bears for the murder based on greed

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    We know SF and MLMD were very vocal about opening pubs last September....

And they are very vocal about it again now, as the Delta variant hits.

But they were also against it the following week back then, and you can be sure that if the numbers go up, they will tell us that they were against outdoor dining. Whatever the government decides, good, bad, brilliant or terrible, SF are against it. The ultimate whingers and moaners.

• Advertisement

So, the opposition are only made privvy to the detail and projections of NPHET and you expect them to roll off a fully formed plan the next day?

Again, IMO the entire opposition - not just SF - are doing their jobs properly - scrutinising the government and calling it to account. It is not, because they are not implementing it, their job to come up with a 'plan'. It is their job to scrutinise the government's various 'plans'.

You need to grasp this, really. Because it is what FG FF and the Greens would be doing if they were in opposition. It's HOW it works.

Absolute self-serving nonsense. FF didn't do that in opposition during the previous government. FG didn't do that in opposition during the FF/Green government.

It is only SF who have reverted to the oppose everything, everywhere, everytime type of opposition piloted by FF when they were in opposition in the 1980s. It is the coward's approach.

jh79 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/sinn-f%C3%A9in-td-apologises-for-sharing-conspiracy-theory-facebook-posts-1.4433134

The comment was "makes you wonder". Open to interpretation but doubt he was wondering how people believe such nonsense.

Anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, those are the type of voters that SF is after.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Absolute self-serving nonsense. FF didn't do that in opposition during the previous government. FG didn't do that in opposition during the FF/Green government.

It is only SF who have reverted to the oppose everything, everywhere, everytime type of opposition piloted by FF when they were in opposition in the 1980s. It is the coward's approach.

Would we have had the crash had FG not been cheerleading and asking for more ans were doing their job? Not playing the pretend opposition of the power swap?

Politics is changing here blanch, you might want to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Would we have had the crash had FG not been cheerleading and asking for more ans were doing their job? Not playing the pretend opposition of the power swap?

Politics is changing here blanch, you might want to accept that.

Not for that chubby Shinner lad who piped up there recently.

Seems he’s one of those lads who live in the past, who pop up in moments of madness.

Got a lot of company those lads……….

Not for that chubby Shinner lad who piped up there recently.

Seems he’s one of those lads who live in the past, who pop up in moments of madness.

Got a lot of company those lads……….

When you are reduced to trawling years old twitter posts Brendi...politics is changing, trust me.

If you are gonna insist the loons, the out of whack members are indicative of what the political party is, then FG is a smashed glass in the face, corrupt gang of right wing conservatives, and that's just in Monaghan.

That is how this works right?

• Advertisement

When you are reduced to trawling years old twitter posts Brendi...politics is changing, trust me.

If you are gonna insist the loons, the out of whack members are indicative of what the political party is, then FG is a smashed glass in the face, corrupt gang of right wing conservatives, and that's just in Monaghan.

That is how this works right?

Which party is the chubby lad still a member of! Remind us Mr B.

Is the ‘glass lad” still a member of a party? Hmmmm

Hmm “smashed glass in the face party”. Bit over the top there one would opine.

Not how it works Mr B, like saying one was concussed with a cut on the arm.

Strange folk in that neck of the woods, Mr B…….strange folk indeed.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/former-fine-gael-td-sean-9450660

'Chubby lad' has done nothing wrong Brendi...steady there now.

Ok, you want to concentrate on just the loony comments, I make a list shall I...hold my beer.

p.s. Is 'chubbiness' a specific party thing or would you be trying to demean personally Brendi?'
    Not very nice, the 'fat shaming/mocking' thing, don't be so desperate to win reflects badly on the perp?

'Chubby lad' has done nothing wrong Brendi...steady there now.

Ok, you want to concentrate on just the loony comments, I make a list shall I...hold my beer.

p.s. Is 'chubbiness' a specific party thing or would you be trying to demean personally Brendi?'
    Not very nice, the 'fat shaming/mocking' thing, don't be so desperate to win reflects badly on the perp?

Aaaah no, just like ‘Leo the Liar’ and ‘Meehole Martin’ some folks are fond of referring to, to mention but a few.

Not very nice, Mr B, not nice at all.

Aaaah no, just like ‘Leo the Liar’ and ‘Meehole Martin’ some folks are fond of referring to, to mention but a few.

Not very nice, Mr B, not nice at all.

Not I Brendi.

I don't use nicknames and as much as possible will even try to use the fada when referencing Micheál. (not easy on all appliances)

The body shape/size demeanour of a politician is of no relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

FF were effectively in Government with FG and after their part in what happened in the crash, they certainly couldn't perform as much of an oppositition. That was left to TDs like Joe Higgins, Claire Daly, Richard BB, Shane Ross etc. SF didn't have the number to form an opposition - the independents did.

Nope. Thats not true. The independents got a big say in everything up to the present Government.

Yes, Brendan, you make a very fair point.

If you do wrong in FG or FF, you are out on your ear.

If you do wrong in SF, nothing happens, and you are likely as not to get a promotion, look at Holohan, racist, misogynist, homophobic troll, yet he gets nominated for mayor.

If you do wrong in SF, nothing happens, and you are likely as not to get a promotion, look at Holohan, racist, misogynist, homophobic troll, yet he gets nominated for mayor.

I know somebody in FG who admitted to doing wrong and is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I know somebody in FG who admitted to doing wrong and is still there.
    Don't forget Mr Twix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Wasn't Paddy Holohan suspended from the party following those comments on his podcast?

Didn't they suspend the entire SW Dublin operation following his reinstatement and Mayoral nomination?

Wasn't he suspended again following his more recent lockdown rantings, leading to his departure from the party?

Surely you can find a better example of, 'nothing happening' to contrast with FF/FG's alleged, 'out on your ear' approach than a fella that was suspended and is in fact out on his ear (albeit it took far too long to get to that point).

Weren't the three FG senators caught up in Golfgate recently readmitted to the party without prejudice recently, by unanimous vote?

I notice that Barry Cowen is still in FF despite the drink driving controversy that he was embroiled in. Joe Flaherty still there after being involved with something you'd be the first to be calling for resignations about should it have involved a SF member.

Maybe its more naughty step than out on your ear with all parties when it suits? Perhaps we should be able to expect better from all of them instead of trying to pretend it is only an issue with SF?

For the record, lest it been seen that I'm defending SF or Paddy Holohan, even if I was so inclined to vote SF since moving across the border, I'd give up my vote before I'd give it to an incompetent like Paddy Holohan, and think he should've got the boot after the initial podcast fiasco.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Wasn't Paddy Holohan suspended from the party following those comments on his podcast?

Didn't they suspend the entire SW Dublin operation following his reinstatement and Mayoral nomination?

Wasn't he suspended again following his more recent lockdown rantings, leading to his departure from the party?

Surely you can find a better example of, 'nothing happening' to contrast with FF/FG's alleged, 'out on your ear' approach than a fella that was suspended and is in fact out on his ear (albeit it took far too long to get to that point).

Weren't the three FG senators caught up in Golfgate recently readmitted to the party without prejudice recently, by unanimous vote?

I notice that Barry Cowen is still in FF despite the drink driving controversy that he was embroiled in. Joe Flaherty still there after being involved with something you'd be the first to be calling for resignations about should it have involved a SF member.

Maybe its more naughty step than out on your ear with all parties when it suits? Perhaps we should be able to expect better from all of them instead of trying to pretend it is only an issue with SF?

For the record, lest it been seen that I'm defending SF or Paddy Holohan, even if I was so inclined to vote SF since moving across the border, I'd give up my vote before I'd give it to an incompetent like Paddy Holohan, and think he should've got the boot after the initial podcast fiasco.

Yes, the point is Fionn, all parties have loons, crims and loudmouths.
    For a 'particular' reason I wouldn't have voted for the previous SF candidate here.

SF have my vote on the same basis as every other party got it over the years - on a temporary basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Yes, the point is Fionn, all parties have loons, crims and loudmouths.
    For a 'particular' reason I wouldn't have voted for the previous SF candidate here.

SF have my vote on the same basis as every other party got it over the years - on a temporary basis.
    40k worth of posts defending a party you temporarily vote for - yeah ok . Nobody has that time or energy or has the amount of access to information and links at a touch for a party they lend a vote to . Spin this one Francie….. https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/paschal-donohoe-wanted-research-into-sinn-fein-40610904.html

40k worth of posts defending a party you temporarily vote for - yeah ok . Nobody has that time or energy or has the amount of access to information and links at a touch for a party they lend a vote to . Spin this one Francie….. https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/paschal-donohoe-wanted-research-into-sinn-fein-40610904.html

Can you explain what you mean here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

mikethecop wrote: »
    why are you deflecting this discussion has nothing to do with leo or flannagan :confused::confused::confused::confused:

fact is your defending a sf td whose basic understanding of irish history is either flawed or he is fibbing to try to make political capital

is just basic dishonesty
    By 'understanding' do you mean 'different opinion'?
    The Britsh admire Cromwell. The Irish, not so much. Are the British flawed in regards to their understanding of history?

Do you think the families of people murdered by Collins, Irish and British, or the Black and Tans/RIC think 'sure it was different times, let's admire them now'?
    Is it merely the amount of time passed or the details of an action that make it abhorrent or worthy of celebrating?

You have people fighting against an armed force who they feel is oppressive and should be removed by force.
    You disagreeing makes little difference.
    We know other Irish people were disgusted by Collins' actions (and that of the Black and Tans/RIC for that matter). Yet Collins has his picture in pride of place on the Taoiseach's mantle and the then Taoiseach and Justice minister of all things, wanted a parade for the Black and Tans/RIC.
    Point is some people see freedom fighters where others see killers.

Shebean wrote: »
    By 'understanding' do you mean 'different opinion'?
    The Britsh admire Cromwell. The Irish, not so much. Are the British flawed in regards to their understanding of history?

Do you think the families of people murdered by Collins, Irish and British, or the Black and Tans/RIC think 'sure it was different times, let's admire them now'?
    Is it merely the amount of time passed or the details of an action that make it abhorrent or worthy of celebrating?

You have people fighting against an armed force who they feel is oppressive and should be removed by force.
    You disagreeing makes little difference.
    We know other Irish people were disgusted by Collins' actions (and that of the Black and Tans/RIC for that matter). Yet Collins has his picture in pride of place on the Taoiseach's mantle and the then Taoiseach and Justice minister of all things, wanted a parade for the Black and Tans/RIC.
    Point is some people see freedom fighters where others see killers.

why do sf continue to claim a direct connection to the war of independence organisations when there is basis in reality ?

is it a tactic to attract younger and less aware people to the party , that is a clear sf policy right ?

its a very crass manipulation of history.

of course time is a factor but there are still many victims of sf and sf war criminals wandering around Ireland and hiding in america and elsewhere.

their crimes are ongoing

Can you explain what you mean here?

Should be fairly obvious, one would have thought.

The 'cheap shot' is fairly obvious, as they all are.

As the poster has gone off after taking it, we may never know what it is based on.

i though it was fairly obvious too and very very far from a cheap shot

still deflection is a tried and tested tactic it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The 'cheap shot' is fairly obvious, as they all are.

As the poster has gone off after taking it, we may never know what it is based on.
    Sorry but I have a real job Francie and can’t respond to everyone on here 24/7 like yourself. Well I think it is fairly obvious on here 24/7 spinning story’s of rape , robbery, child killings etc . Lightning quick responses in a lot of cases with links etc , very difficult to do on a phone behind your beets - if I was lending my vote to a party - like many others I wouldn’t have the time / energy or the answers to hand or would be even that bothered to try to defend them . Parody

Sorry but I have a real job Francie and can’t respond to everyone on here 24/7 like yourself. Well I think it is fairly obvious on here 24/7 spinning story’s of rape , robbery, child killings etc . Lightning quick responses in a lot of cases with links etc , very difficult to do on a phone behind your beets - if I was lending my vote to a party - like many others I wouldn’t have the time / energy or the answers to hand or would be even that bothered to try to defend them . Parody

I done think you got a kinda a slam dunk there dude…….kinda ..like .. telling it as it is.

Nowt wrong with it ,mind.

But something duddn’t quite add up to square the circle.

• Advertisement

I'm semi retired and rarely away from several computers as I said before.

I have no 'links' that are not available to anyone with google.

YOU don't have the time...fair enough. I happen to have.

So if you want to continue with the snide remarks, carry on but they are based on nonsense.

Advertisement