Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The more you protest the more you prove the point.

And sort out the second paragraph there in your post...hard to make sense of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭mikethecop

so give me an example of your proof blazz , your very uick to deman proof for everything and anything if you think it will disrupt the thread , nows you chance to come up with something other than internet buzz words like sealoining ,

hate to have to remind you but i backed up my point with facts , ie sf as it exists now was started 51 years ago not in 1905 like you claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭mikethecop

i can see why you would would try to ignore something as uncomfortable as that with regard to your party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

There was no FG'er or FF'er in the GPO during the rising, but they'll happily take ownership. So to try say today's SF aren't connected to the 'good' SF spawned FF, is just silly.

As Francie said this is just a ploy that FG and FF have tried on for years. They want the glory days as viewed through romantic rose tinted glasses. FG have more in common with the Home Rule Redmond types than the rising, despite claiming Collins. In fact FG trying to commemorate the RIC/Tans would have turned the stomachs of those who fought to rid us of the British including Collins.

SF have a housing plan, FG/FF are still working on one which word has it is more of the same, money for cuckoo funds and leased rentals instead of building social housing.

They literally operate from same premises and same name unbroken with 100 years at this stage🤣🤣🤣

Yous been sold a lie mate.....its really as simple as that,

now obviously a weirdly large amount of your self-worth has been tied up in perpetuating this lie,nothing i can do,but recommend terapy

,but no amount of emotive bluster nor obstrusion is going to wipe away fact,logic and commonsense surronding this

• Advertisement

Please don't tell me you think this is coherent?

as it happens the one of the murders of the two gardai being commemorated had been involved in the war or independence as had at least one of the gardai .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

the current Sinn Fein formed in the 70s and called themselves the Provisional Sinn Fein after the Provisional IRA. They dropped the Provisional after a few years. They have nonexistent links back to the Sinn Fein party in the early 1900

They do lie to try link the two but it not and never will be the truth

If you want to deny this, that’s your choice, don’t expect everyone to laugh at you when you are explaining it.

Except of course,the fact they the same🤣

But you goys simply dont like facts and logic😆......tell us more,how party with same members (80% walked out & reconstited),operate out of same premises with 100 odd years,have the same name.....

how have yous goys come to conclusion they arent related,commomsense,facts and logic would expose yous positon as,well between silly and outright contemptus of the truth🤣🤣

It does say a lot about a political party when they have to lie about their past. Especially when their supporters are doing the same

Its tells its own story

Says even more about other parties deficit of policies,they have to sophistory about other parties background and try claim.all sorts of spurious sh1te,which deosnt stand up scrutiny

But liberials,just dont like having anyone dare qs em or expose their messing,with facts and logic.....after decades of free reign politically,hopefully a party willing to stand upto their arrogance will come about

• Advertisement

This is a SF thread, Hence we are discussing SF. I don’t see any other party in Ireland lying about it’s past and their supporters desperate to link them with a totally different party.

The history is fre and available, pity for you that can’t lie.

No idea what liberals required a mentioned, maybe you can explain?

Read Sinn Fein own history:

Not much till the 1970s, if you are going to continue this charade lads you need to tell the web admin to update the website

😁😁😁'other parties lying about their past' 😁😁

Fine Gael are of course only too proud to mention their fascist roots aren't they? They prefer to instead pretend they are linked to Collins*

Man, I love watching the hissy fits and knicker twisting about SF being from the same place as the morally holier than thou FF and FG guys and gals. Brilliant stuff.

*a man as ruthless as any of the modern IRA, but say that to a FGer...another hissy fit incoming. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

And did Bobby Sands invent the IRA?

James Connolly would puke if he saw his party today.

It's a silly argument. Parties are supposed to stand for things, have a brand. We know that's mostly shite, so we can only go on recent history and today...which is why FF/FG like talking about the 'RA 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Good point dudley, in fact it's an excellent point!

"It does say a lot about a political party when they have to lie about their past. Especially when their supporters are doing the same

Its tells its own story"

I have asked FG reps publicly on social media now for a while, why they had airbrushed O'Duffy out of their history, within the "our history" section of their own website, they had a detailed enough section outlining the party's formation, notable events in its history, past leaders and Taoiseach etc, but surprisingly enough there's literally no mention of O'Duffy there, none at all, it's like the man never existed.

I went to link to that section of their website this evening, (because I like to provide substantiated verifiable, sources with my claims) but guess what?

They've even gone and removed any mention of their history now completely, (as far as I can tell) talk about airbrushing history.... That detailed (if flawed) history section has been completely removed now altogether. Check for yourself.

(a bit gutted that the point I was going to make can't be made now in the manner I intended, but every cloud dudley, every cloud)

They've literally airbrushed their own party history, from their party website. Are they ashamed? Was there loads of people asking about the dubious claims about the formation, and the lack any mention of the blueshirts and O'Duffy???

You could not invent the haymaker dudley72 walked into there. What a humdinger.

I dont see sinn fein lying about past either??

Try as you might,factually yous talking point is incorrect....party founded 1905 (ironically orginaly a royalist party!),oldest in state and forerunner to all others

Well you should bring that up on the FG thread because this is the SF one. As usual any comment about Sinn Fein is returned with something something FG something something

As I have said many times I don't and never have supported FG. So they also have questions to answer on what you have raised.

Now back to Provisional Sinn Fein, are we agreed now they have no link to the original Sinn Fein? or should I expect a reference to some other political party?

Its rather curious....they go quiet,when anyone qs em on why their founding member approached german embassy in 1943 offering to recruit people to assist on eastern front

Yous would understand,if it was a period they ignore,but are happy to know about de valera offering condolences on hitler,or sean russel "links" despite him being exonerated by someone whom testified at numerberg trials.......but mention oduffy and met with a near omerta wall of silence,they like to accuse shinners of

They all have their roots in the struggle for independence.

P.S. If you make the preposterous claim you made about parties hiding their past as if it is unique to one party, YOU introduce the comparison. Mentioning other parties is entirely relevant in that case.

• Advertisement

Tbf sinn fein started off as a royalist party (german),but quickly morphed into republican as to oppose irish parlimentry party(and counter connolly/larkin....connolly execution remains one of the worst political murders of 20th century imo)

FF split away into a monster of a party (and powerhouse of irish politics for generations) in 1926 to take seats,most famously several turned up armed with revolvers on 1st day

Fg background is 1930s facism to emerge to oppose republicanism of FF (along with rise across europe tbf).....but they have always struggled to keep the tendacy towards tyranny under wraps and any time they been in power,they make full use of the gaurds,from heavy gang in 70s terrorsing families,to heavy deployment againest water protests and most lately to enforce covid restrictions

It isn't a "preposterous claim" is it? is that not what the posts above have confirmed?

Mentioning parties is not, its just another deflection as usual.

That is Sinn Fein history

You currently support what was called "Provisional Sinn Fein", they have nothing to do with the above as they only got created in the 1970.

You singled out the Shinners for lying about their past...preposterous all day long.

Its the same party since 1905🤣🤣in same premises over 100years

i dont support any party,likely to vote indo next time.....just oppose rubbishy lies and sophistory

No matter how much yous repeat a falsehood,isnt going to make it true

It's a Sinn Fein thread, the point of this thread is to discuss Sinn Fein. This childish crusade against me isn't really working out for you is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

dudley72:

"It does say a lot about a political party when they have to lie about their past. Especially when their supporters are doing the same

Its tells its own story"

Also dudley72:

"Well you should bring that up on the FG thread because this is the SF one. As usual any comment about Sinn Fein is returned with something something FG something something"

You didn't let me know that when you stated "tells a lot about a political party" that you didn't actually mean any political party, just political parties you of your choosing.

And as for this.

"As I have said many times I don't and never have supported FG. So they also have questions to answer on what you have raised."

Yeah, you have told us many times, that continuous protestation, and your rather frustrating and disingenuous posting style is all very familiar.... But we'll say no more.

He's been on the news quite a lot this week, but your account reminds me a lot on one of my favourite scenes, from one of his best movies... Enjoy.

The folk who think their party is a cut above dish water have been trying this one on for decades.

What would you expect when your own founding fathers have to be hidden away in the cellar. 😁

Sorry I don't understand what "sophistory" is supposed to mean.

You oppose lies? I would suggest you review what you are posting daily so.

• Advertisement

You have just, not for the first time, been exposed doing exactly that:

Sophistry: the use of clever but false arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.

Except it wasn't that clever.

Advertisement