Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Is she a landlord?

Her wealth, on the reading of the article, comes from her family home which was purchased quite a while back and her pension pot, which being a political one, is not something she is exactly in control of.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

i didnt realise mcdonald was a landlord ?

were did you get that information from , which I will go out on a limb here and guess is complete dung.

her family home was bought when exactly ? has it increased in value since they bought it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

I don't think we need to bring in TD's partners into the conversation.

I think the point been made her is that Sinn Fein and Mary Lou preach across all media about been one of the people, that FG/FF etc are in the hands of the rich and are all rich people themselves. Without checking you would think all of the SF TD's are on the breadline living in rented accommodation.

This of course is not true, Mary Lou has significant wealth and is mixing with the rich more than a lot of the FG/FF could ever dream of, will she cross them if she gets into power? I doubt it.

Again it goes back to "populist politics" been deployed by Sinn Fein, once you look under the cover you realise it is all rubbish.

I think you should read a little more

Is she a landlord? no idea if she has outside of Sinn Fein but as leader of Sinn fein she is certainly a landlord with the biggest portfolio of properties in Ireland compared to any other party. Of course we never did find out what happened to all the properties the PIRA used and Sinn Fein won't release details to anyone on what they actually own

This of course is not true, Mary Lou has significant wealth and is mixing with the rich more than a lot of the FG/FF could ever dream of, will she cross them if she gets into power? I doubt it.

that's not what the "list" shows

wealthiest in descending order

<copyrighted information removed>

did you even read the list , or how did you get that so horribly wrong ?

Post edited by Beasty on

• Advertisement

Do you seriously think SF is a landlord as in has a book of tenants Dudz?

SF's "property portfolio" consists of party owned constituency offices, a rather smart long-term strategy for a growing party I'd argue. The one nearest to me for instance is on a fairly sh*te street in between mobile phone accessory stores and poundshops and could do with a lick of paint tbh. You're trying, and failing, to make it out like SF operates shopping centers and has a rent roll.

Talk about overegging the pudding.

<quote snipped>

😂 yes a list which you didn't even share the link you pulled it from.

Mary Lou for all her shouting and roaring is stuck in the middle of the Dublin elite. Trying to say she isn't shows you don't really have a clue about her.

I couldn't care less either if she is, good on her plus as I said her husband shouldn't be brought into the conversation.

Post edited by Beasty on

ah here , youve just revealed yourself to be talking baloney now , I dont even live in ireland anymore and know about this article in the weekends paper

you reveal yourself to be completely clueless with each post you make to be honest

As Sinn Fein have never confirmed how many or what they own how do you know what they have/haven't got? Multiple articles across the media say they have at least 50 properties but it is a lot bigger. So if you can confirm that would be great and would clear it up for everyone

She's the leader of a political party, do you want her walking around in a sackcloth or something? She's been a full time politician for decades, which comes with its pension (not of her making I'm sure you'll realise) and along with her husband was fortunate to purchase a home where she's from.

This is a rather bizarre, although entirely consistent line you're taking. If it satisfies you, there is at least one SF TD that was literally homeless, as in having to present himself to the council because he was staying on freind's couches in the recent past. Should give you pause for thought (but it won't).

• Advertisement

You're the one making the accusation. If you're claiming SF have a property empire without foundation, prove it. The party are open about the constituency offices they own - you're attempting a boogyman black propaganda effort again.

Prove their "landlord property empire". You can't because it's not there. You're talking pony.

I posted: I couldn't care less either if she is, good on her plus as I said her husband shouldn't be brought into the conversation.

If you don't bother reading posts why do you respond? you are again making accusations about posters which are 100% incorrect. Your ranting and raving posts are very tiresome

• Registered Users Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The majority of the electorate were anti-vaxxers in 2015??? Complete nonsense. No point in engaging with that.

FACT: SF voters are more anti-vaxxer than other voters.

FACT: SF voters are more anti-immigrant than other voters.

No amount of dancing around the definitions or pointing to Verona Murphy or Oliver J. Flanagan will change those facts.

It's been a while since I've did my Leaving, maybe my reading comprehension skills are a little rusty. I'm reading plenty there about SF owning properties, which are acknowledged constituency offices. Good for them keeping an eye on being a sustainable long term nationwide political movement.

Ah we have it now, you're inserting the word landlord because of your consistent style of posting fabricating things.

You made an extraordinary claim based on nothing, and fell flat on your face trying to back up a falsehood.

Poor Dudz. Another difficult day at the coalface.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Fun Fact.

Sinn Fein is the richest political party on the Island.

Sinn Fein have own more property than any other party combined.

Sinn Fein is like Donald Trump, talk a good game about the working class, but like MLMD they are loaded.

Sinn Fein voters are more anti-immigration than the main political parties.

So when it comes to SF they are:

More anti-vax

More anti-immigration

More anti-Europe

More nationalist

Maybe they should just rename themselves IreIP after UKIP?

A lot of anxiety here today, a lot.

Perhaps the lads need to take a break for lunch and order a Nothing Burger from Deliveroo.

My diet is fine thank you very much, personal dig aside, all I am doing is stating facts.

Those millions they get from Westminster have to go somewhere. I always wondered why though that if SF took an abstentionist line towards Westminster yet still draw down salaries AND full expenses in the millions per year. The Queen's shilling is hard to give up alright. :)

The PIRA men can consider their operations a covenant between them and a flying spaghetti monster for all I care, they are still crimes.

Was the Warrington bomb not a crime? Was Omagh? Was Guildford? The murder of Lyra McKee?

• Advertisement

Ahh more assumptions and accusations without a single bit of evidence behind it. You accuse me of fabrication but have yet to back up any post on this thread or others with actually information apart from your own ramblings.

As per the article and the rest available on the internet SF have a property portfolio, you keep saying this is only the constituency offices, so please provide anything to back this up? everything else on the web says it is bigger and SF won't release details. So if you have confirmation it would be lovely if you could provide?

Maybe, leave out the snide little comments. They don't really add any value

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Omagh bomb and Lyra McKees death was caused by dissident republicans, you know this as I've seen it pointed out to you numerous times on these forums.

You left a considerable chunk from my post that you seem unwilling to discuss. I will repeat for you, I've gone to countless commemorations in my time for fallen IRA members, where the Irish state officially marked the occasion.

Why can't you acknowledge the hypocrisy within yourself and the media about that? As previously mentioned, there was a bit of an upset recently about a plaque etc erected for members of AGS that were murdered by the IRA in the 40s. This would be the same IRA that the state commemorates various members considering them 'martyrs' etc, needless to say that same IRA would have children, women and members of the states security forces amongst it's victims.

Have you lobbied your local FG branch and asked them to cease these state commemorations? Have you asked Leo to remove the portrait of Collins from his office?

Post edited by CDarby on

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am aware that Omagh and the murder of Lyra McKee were caused by dissident republicans but you didn't answer my question. Were they crimes?

Let's back up here a bit, you seem to be demanding I answer your questions while ignoring all of mine.

Do you acknowledge that by your metrics, the Irish state have been officially commemorating criminal acts for a century now, and continue to do so?

I asked a very simple question, which you want to avoid answering. The questions are simple. You want to answer 'Yes', they are crimes but don't want to admit it, so lets just take it as a given

You are certainly not going to turn this one around on me markodaly, I've already quite clearly stated that I attended numerous state commemoration ceremonies for various IRA members over the years with my father, and his father, both of whom would have been staunch FFmen. You can deduce from my attendance, and me now clarifying that I'd have no qualms whatsoever about attending more of them, whether I thought they were commemorating acts of crime.

Now let's come back to your refusal to answer posts of mine. You must surely consider the Irish state as officially commemorating acts of criminality via state commemorations, or are you being selective and using victims as a macabre point scoring exercise?

What difference was there in the numerous children, women and defence force killings by the IRA that the state commemorates, and that of the IRA who ceased operations post GFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Again, we have the opinion poll in the last year (in the time of Covid) which show SF voters as more anti-vaxxer than the voters for any other party, yet you come back with an anecdote from years ago about James Reilly, maybe you will next argue that Liam Cosgrave Snr was an anti-vaxxer as well and this is somehow relevant to Covid.

Sorry, not buying that. Here is a link to the poll in case you missed it.

The question was asked about Covid vaccines, not about your deflecting nonsense about HPV etc.

"Creepy mission", address the facts and don't hide behind attacks on a poster's motivations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Read up on the definition of anti-vaxxer: It's a person opposed to vaccinations. The poll you showed doesn't ask that. Now you know what an anti-vaxxer is.

You are trying to make people who voted for Sinn Fein out to be different in a very creepy effort to create some form of negative stereotype for sections of the general public who drifted from FF/FG to SF or always voted SF. It's not decent discourse IMO. You do it constantly. Anything to deflect from the cold hard fact that people decided to vote for SF because they didn't like what FF/FG were about. It's that simple. Get over it. Could all swing back the next time. And when it does will you be still looking to insult those members of the public? I don't think so.

• Advertisement

OK, so from your point of view, the bombings of Omagh, Warrington and the murder of Lyra McKee are not crimes. That is all I wanted to know.

Advertisement