Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

No evidence apart from the email copied and pasted online. I supposed that is not evidence?

If a TD did post someone personal details online I am sure about the up roar then. Hilarious now trying to say no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Copied and pasted online? I could copy and paste an email saying pretty much anything I wanted, sign it off how I wanted....I'd hardly call that evidence standing alone.

I absolutely wouldn't expect the Councillor (not a TD) to post the alleged offender's personal information online, but if it was a true account, I'd expect them to make a formal complaint to SF with that information and state that they had done so in their post rather than throwing it out there for a bit of kite flying, seeing if it will stick and scurrying off.

If it really was someone they can reliably connect to SF and they don't think SF will do anything about it, highlight that and let SF's silence do the talking for them. Far more effective than undermining your credibility with an approach like this.

How do you know they haven't sent it already to SF numerous times? "kite flying" 😂 you need to come up with a new phrase as that is used by SF supporters for everything now.

It's not hard to find similar, just check every FF video/post on social media and you see the exact same phrases and descriptions under every single one of them. Check into the person and they are flying the kite for SF on every other page.

Do you not think at some stage SF have to take control of this carry on across social media? the online abuse fired out constantly by supporters and when questioned about it they "scurry" off to reappear a few days later with the same stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

One of the replies to the tweet summed it up as far as evidence goes.

I can't post links but it's still there

I am sure it did. The response I see was the standard mix of SF trolls shouting abuse and demanding for the details of the email to be shared on twitter. I wonder would they like personal details released on a public page the net time they are abusing the government online?

• Advertisement

SF certainly have some responsibility to take (though there is certainly a propensity for some on here to insinuate that pretty much anyone speaking negatively about FG/FF as a Shinner regardless of that individual's political alignments).....hence why I said something the Councillor in question could've done to actually put pressure on them to do so. Making an incredibly weakly evidenced allegation and then looking shifty by deleting it....well that does the opposite; like I said it undermines his credibility.

They may have already sent it to SF, but given the Councillor in question was happy to stick up the allegation, I very much doubt he wouldn't have made it clear that it had been reported to them if it had been. That is of course supposition on my part, but it doesn't seem logical to me that he'd stick up the allegation and NOT include that key bit of information which would hang SF much worse by highlighting inaction.

As for the weird attempt to insinuate that the term, 'kite-flying' is in any way connected with SF, that's just weird pal. It is a political concept that predates the existence of SF.....used in common parlance in political discussion across the English speaking world. Given the deletion of the post when it didn't get the reaction he hoped for, I'd say this is a textbook example of kite-flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

No not at all, it was a tweet where someone screenshot an "email" but it was a similar version only the FF/SF involvement was reversed.

Your last sentence makes no sense and is a contradiction by the way.

1 the standard mix of SF trolls shouting abuse and demanding for the details of the email to be shared on twitter

2 I wonder would they like personal details released on a public page the net time they are abusing the government online?

It was a joke ob the kite flying, it seems one of the SF supporters say it on here and then the rest copy. Like the :"haymaker" and "up the yard", one poster said it and now it is repeated ad nauseam

As I said, if you review the social media pages of the parties it is not hard to track back the comments. No problem with people complaining about the government, but if you check the vile comments online 95%+ of the time when you check the account it is from SF. Now you can jump around and make excuses, same I am lying etc etc which is the usual. Or SF might admit it, they have done before but done nothing else.

Just check the Zappone thread on here and the crazy carry on, people creating spreadsheets on which TD to bombard next. TD's having to bar fans off social media etc. Like that is not normal carry on but it is no surprise.

Fair play for FF calling it out, will anything change because of it? you can be damn sure it won't based on history of SF

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Up At Fleecies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I haven't excused anything in living memory, and therefore within the culture of people living today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Up At Fleecies

Has anyone asked Eoghan Harris to account for his online actions over the last while ?

He is not only involved with the group that took the man out of the hospital - he is the PRO of that Common Law Information Centre.

A fine upstanding former SF candidate as I said already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'd imagine the email itself is real but the originator could be anyone and is likely some random Joe (or Cillian, as the case may be).

Overall this reminds me of the embarassing government jet episode recently with people jumping the gun.

I don't think Butler accuses anyone, in fact by her use of quotation marks for "Cillian", she would appear to suggest that she believes the name is fake.

Personal insults? give us a laugh now and please provide. Thank you.

Who said they didn't? 😂

If you think I wanted to hide would I create a different username. My opinion here is the same as on twitter. Hence why you will see similarities. Would love to see these personal insults to Paddy Cosgrove. Or maybe someone is telling a few porkies.

I don't know.

The more likely explanation is that most of the time the TDs didn't notice this particular character among the flood of abuse they get on a regular basis from Sinn Fein types. After all, that fits what we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Drifting towards the head of the pin on this one, one feels.

These kind of threads always end up like this , one supposes

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Call me biased but I do find myself demonising Hitler whatever different reasons he may have had for his actions. Maybe I'm lacking in historical perspective but I just can't like the guy. And the same goes for people who, for whatever different reasons, worked to assist him in his plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So we have a few twitter trolls on this thread it seems? Ha the projection off a few was palatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Am no fan of Dev's but I am not aware of any material help offered by his government to the Nazis. If I remember correctly, the rules of neutrality were bent to assist the Allies in terms of returning interned airmen etc.

Sean Russell's IRA, on the other hand, were very anxious to offer material help to the Nazis and did so by continuing their terrorist bombing campaign in England after the start of the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

I've just had a read at the 80 odd Tweets myself (don't judge me, I let curiosity get the better of me) but I'm just bewildered at how you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on this site (and, it now transpires Twitter too) posting/tweeting about "online trolls", while being apparently blissfully unaware of what being one actually is - that, or completely lacking a semblance of self consciousness and awareness.

I'm not sure if it's FF/FG or just the Irish government in general you think you are "defending" (for want of a better description) but going by the complete and utter support, or lack of interaction from other Twitter users in general (despite as already mentioned, trying oh so hard to get noticed) I'm sure there's an awful lot of cringing goes on with each tweet from people you mistakenly think you're tweeting on behalf of.

In fairness, yes, you do post similar insults and slurs about politicians and public figures on this site, as you freely admit, you don't try to hide or disguise doing similar on Twitter, but it's the seemingly failure to recognise or acknowledge that you're doing the very thing you're accusing others of namely "online Sinn Fein trolls abusing people" is what makes it very difficult to take anything you ever post in here seriously again.

Tell me, is it only trolling and abuse when it's dished out to a party or political figure you would support, or are you really that blind to your own hypocrisy? Or do you think various politicians and public figures appreciate the vitriol you hurl at them?

You seem to spend a inordinate amount of time posting about me and not the topics on the thread. I must say I am getting a big head from the amount of people that spent their afternoon reading my tweets. I am very popular. P.S. I didn't read your comment after "inordinate", better things to do

Can we return to the topic or do we want to discuss my comments on another platform a little longer?

Literally gave two tweet samples, one of you insulting a SF politician, one of you insulting a Brit who voted for Brexit. I'm absolutely skundered for you, caught with the hand in the cookie jar and still trying to deny it. Like you said, there for everyone to see, I've clearly backed up my point, no porkies here Dudley boy...maybe you'll get a response or a retweet out of all this, 'attention' to make all that time spent worthwhile

Much better things to do you say?....Paddy Cosgrave won't stalk himself on Twitter I suppose. Still skundered for you.

Not just a twitter troll.....a hypocritical one at that. My last post on the topic, your credibility is shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

but a few posts back you were only all to eagre to talk about online trolls giving abuse on twitter , you went a good few posts in a row talking about them and now you outed yourself as part of this crowd its " off topic " ?

Not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Like what? Do you mean the anonymous online abuse some have read and decided it was the SF party?

Do nothing about what? I hope they investigate the since deleted tweet claim by the Fianna Fail councillor. Seriously lads you've Fianna Fail, lying crony fraudsters and Fine Gael, under criminal investigation lying cronies. The moral high ground is too high for ye lads to reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

The state was very cosy with the Nazi's. It's well documented.

Made sense I would imagine. Different from wanting to be a fascist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Aren't you the other side of the coin when you are on twitter?

Whats the story with that FF councillor and his shinner tweet? Was he lying for attention?

It was claimed he worked at the Oireachtas. You need sign in with the gate so easy enough to find out.

People like yourself all too eager to buy it. I would have thought it as more of a Vardkar tactic but I suppose when you sleep with dogs you get fleas.

Advertisement