Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I get you don't understand, but I assure you it makes sense. Maybe read over it again?

You are tying yourself up in knots here.

You said the market doesn't set the value, the home owner does. Then you said they should use a realistic value or pay the tax penalty down the road.

A realistic value is based on the market rate. Not a value picked out of the air.

The market is driven by buying and selling. The government have fiddled with that. These are facts. If the government pulled out of the private market the industry would collapse because many private individuals can't afford to rent or buy 100% privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I don't think anyone really cares how LPT is calculated and I don't think SF have any control over that as its a Revenue/Local Council thing but relevant to this thread is how SF plan to make up all the money lost from LPT if they abolish it, "TAX THA RICH" seems to be their answer at the moment even though alot of people on 100k+ are self employed and if I was in that scenario earning 100k from my company now id go to €99,999 once the new SF taxes came in so have they factored that into their sums?

As for government intervention if it was up to SF they would pull every construction worker from private housing (and every other sector if they could) to build social housing putting private builds on hold for years, imagine what that will do to house prices when we already have massive supply issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Another post trying to twist what I said. I provided the link to the LPT. It is not my fault someone hasn't a clue about the LPT and when corrected couldn't admit their error. It's hilarious the rest of the bang jumping around trying to cover up as well.

The point still stands, people who pay the LPT want to keep it. If SF scrap it they are giving a tax break to rich people all over Ireland. It's another brain fart from a party that hasn't a clue. They prove this on a regular basis.

No government can "pull every construction worker from private housing (and every other sector if they could) to build social housing putting private builds on hold for years, imagine what that will do to house prices when we already have massive supply issues.".

The government help artificially inflate property value. That was my only point on that.

Another post? Please tell me where I misunderstood?

Your comment speaks to you.

You claimed the owner set the value. I said it needed to be based on market value. You later said they need be realistic values. So based on the market value like I said.

All this because I said FF/FG/Green affect market prices.

Your point is your point. You'll have to become accustomed to disagreement and other peoples points.

• Advertisement

It's not really a point is it now? supply & demand is the issue. In the likes of Dublin the failure for years by a SF led DCC is the reason it has got so bad now. Even now SF continue to block houses when possible. Disgraceful carry on

Then they come up with some waffle about pulling every construction worker to build houses. That would send the prices of houses above anything we seen in the Celtic Tiger. SF have proved at every opportunity they don't have a clue. Just a load of buzz words with nothing behind it.

What do you mean, 'not really a point now is it'? What kind of nonsense is that?

You want to give out about SF, that's fine but stop trying to construct platforms out of comments you'd rather avoid.

The government colour the property market. That was my point. You disagreed and used owners setting their own value as proof. That fell flat now you are shifting to a shinner rant. Just post the shinner rant dudley. Be honest.

How many posts now on LPT because one person didn't understand it?

It's not a "shinner rant". It is clear they haven't a clue as pointed out on this thread. We had Cullinane on the radio talking about the HSE and didn't even know what a modular building was and couldn't tell what wages a consultant starts on. Embarrassing

We had the lady on complaining about the NDP but guess what, no alternative

Then we had the shambles of an alternative budget. Something which the usual SF supporters are so desperate to not discuss, which would be an embarrassment to any other party. It was like they got an abacus but got confused and couldn't use it, absolute shambles.

It is telling you keep trying to drag it back to a discussion about LPT from yesterday which was discussed to death and at this stage I am surprise how many times you can try and twist my post to say it is wrong 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

We had Cullinane on record of saying and I paraphrase ‘we have broken the b***ard state’

One would need to be very careful of letting him and his fellow travelers into control of our tax purse based on stuff like that surely?

They can if they throw enough money at it, builders are already jumping on the social housing bandwagon as its guaranteed profit with all units sold from day 1, private housing only makes sense if you are making enough extra profit to justify it, the government have billions to spend, how can private people compete with that?

SF say in their alternative budget they would build 20,000 houses next year if in power, there was just over 20k houses built in 2019, so SF want to convert the full housing construction sector to social housing or else somehow double the number of construction workers overnight.

• Advertisement

Plus shut down every other project in Ireland, which would put huge numbers of jobs at risk. Are you going to tell Intel etc they no longer are allowed build?

What about the bus project in Dublin, shut all them down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I believe it was FF cheered on by their buddies in FG who wanted 'more' that drove this country over the cliff and into the arms of the IMF. After all of that I'd hazard a guess that anyone else is a safer option.

The truth explained about SF on a SF thread…

Response: try to deflect with rubbish which has nothing to do with SF.

Nice , nice to see you, to see you……..nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

No surprises on this thread Brendan Bendar, I've seen countless things discussed on here which have "nothing to do with Sinn Fein" over the course of a few months.

Everything from undervaluing LPT, to the collection of Social Housing rental collections, just the other evening I witnessed someone giving out about posters not discussing "government policy" in this thread. indeed I think I even seen you post stuff about covid infections in the border regions, which although have "nothing to do with Sinn Fein", gave me an evening full of entertainment deconstructing your nonsense.

I'd say, just a normal day on the Sinn Fein thread myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Why do you hold SF to certain standards but no other party? Why should SF follow the ideals of the box you put them in? Do you do that for any other party?

Who do you think is paying for the wasteful policies that benefit investment funds? Us. 'Someone else' is us. Always.

You really need to wake up to the cold reality that we don't have world class services and are paying through the nose. People want value for money not to be slow bled by incompetents either unable or unwilling to to their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What bus project in Dublin? Did you mean the Metro?

You can't raise when FF crashed the country by suggesting SF would follow suite, and get your nose out of joint when you get picked up on it.

If SF do we can expect many deals and collusions with FG afterwards I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just think back to the 2007 election when FF won the election and then became had reckless. Well, if FG had won that election they would have been more reckless. So why do people continually hold these 2 parties in high regard? Are you scared because SF has not been in government here before? Well, can SF do any worse in one term than FF or FG have done over the years in multiple terms?

They mock members of SF for coming from similar backgrounds to many in other parties and at the same time insult members for being ignorant or scumbags. Here we have someone who doesn't like them annoyed that they don't hold to a standard no other party seems to be held to.

Government supporters are pissing against the wind.

Let’s wait and see, my friend.

You haven't, to quote Cullinane and Doyle ‘broken the State’ yet’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

the " broken the state " title is still being held by the ff lads that the blueshirts couldnt hop into bed with fast enough brendan lolol , you are correct on that one 👏

Post edited by BackOfMyBag on

Can you quote an example please of: They mock members of SF for coming from similar backgrounds to many in other parties and at the same time insult members for being ignorant or scumbags.

Honestly yes, SF's lack of time in government is more than a bit worrying, they talk a big talk in opposition but I think they'd crumble when faced with the actual day to day running of a country.

Now that's not being dismissive of SF's candidates themselves but for instance if they had just come into power during covid they wouldn't know their arse from their elbow or crucially have any existing relationships will all the main civil service players, they would be like the graduate starting a new job being asked to run a big project with a team full of more experienced staff, totally out of their depth and likely to fail until they get to know everyone and crucially everyone knows them, the civil service can be pretty cutthroat so if the HSE think the new SF health minister is trying to throw them under the bus they wont be picking up the phone.

Its like Norma Foley, straight in rocked the boat with the teachers unions, pissed them all off removing any good will and a resulting tit for tat mess that resolved nothing due to animosity, this is the line every new SF minister would have to run if they came into power whereas FF/FG for good or bad are used to all this and get introductions from the last minister etc to smooth things along.

Then thinking about 2007, if SF had come into power in the aftermath would they have been as willing to get into bed with all the big multinationals and bend over backwards with tax breaks to get us back to where we are now? I don't think so, I think the Irish economy would 20-30% below where we are now as they are not friendly to big business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Down Cork direction this week and I've come in mid way through an interview on RedFM.

Is this a Shinner on the air promising more magic money tree solutions with the state paying the entire wage bill for childcare?

As someone with a personal interest who would love to see something done about spiralling costs here.....I've never heard a bigger load of b*llocks than this proposal.

If it isn't a Shinner, my criticism remains the very same though it shouldn't be on this thread.

Is anyone proposing making childcare costs tax deductible?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This thread is about Sinn Fein. Sinn Fein claim to be a left-wing party. What else should be doing other than taking Sinn Fein's claims about themselves and shining a cold hard light on them?

Do you want this to be a thread devoted to worship of Mary-Lou and all things Sinn Fein?

You sound fevered here. We should ask Mark. I don't know what Mark's idea of what SF should be, is. Do you think Mary Lou should consult him lest they lose his vote?

Read back a page or two. Lad making light of an educated shinner .

Poster calling SF supporters 'scumbags' a week or so ago. You dig it out.

We must be getting to the head of the pin by now?

• Advertisement

Advertisement