Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

grayzer75 wrote: »
    He was a volunteer on active service in the UK so was hardly duped into anything. Nobody was forced to take part in operations as part of active service units so there's no point in trying to spin it any other way.

Nobody was forced apart from the poor unfortunates who had their families held at gunpoint by a bunch of cowards while they were sent to plant a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Nobody was forced apart from the poor unfortunates who had their families held at gunpoint by a bunch of cowards while they were sent to plant a bomb.

As well as those that were forced, there were those who were duped by the propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

You lied about what was said CF1. He said NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH about 'not renewing'

This is exactly what he said:

'Do not just accept your renewal quote' with the emphasis on 'just accept'. Which means to anyone with a basic ability to interpret - 'question the quote'.

"Do not just accept your renewal quote because the insurance industries are trying to fleece you"

That is exactly what he says. Now this is what I posted

Then from the video he seems to be suggesting to people not to renew their insurance because the companies are fleecing everyone. Which is not true. The problem with dual pricing is people not ringing around, so for me personally my insurance won't decrease because I have the cop on to ring around.

Yet you accuse me of lying? what part of that statement is incorrect?

If you can post when in the video he give advice to people about ringing around etc I will say I was wrong. But nothing in that video gives anyone the advice to ring around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

"Do not just accept your renewal quote because the insurance industries are trying to fleece you"

Then from the video he seems to be suggesting to people not to renew their insurance because the companies are fleecing everyone. Which is not true. The problem with dual pricing is people not ringing around, so for me personally my insurance won't decrease because I have the cop on to ring around.

If you can post when in the video he give advice to people about ringing around etc I will say I was wrong. But nothing in that video gives anyone the advice to ring around.

A) Don't renew your insurance

B) Don't just accept your renewal quote

Do you honestly believe those two sentences mean the same thing?!

When someone asks you for a cup of tea, do you have to be told to put the kettle on, take a cup out of the cupboard, put a teabag in the cup etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

he seems to be suggesting to people not to renew their insurance

Do you see that bolded bit...he doesn't say that. It's a lie to suggest he does and to double down on it, is wasting everyone's time. AGAIN he says:

Do not just accept your renewal quote

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    As well as those that were forced, there were those who were duped by the propaganda.

Why don't you contact the family and organisers and tell them that? Otherwise what exactly is the relevance?

Someone wants to dictate how people remember...nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

padd b1975 wrote: »

You're talking about a different circumstance to somebody who volunteered.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

grayzer75 wrote: »
    You're talking about a different circumstance to somebody who volunteered.

I'd imagine you'd have a tough time finding someone to defend the tiger kidnappings among even the most hardened of Provo supporters. A truly horrible tactic.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    I'd imagine you'd have a tough time finding someone to defend the tiger kidnappings among even the most hardened of Provo supporters. A truly horrible tactic.

I wouldn't defend any of that but these boys can't understand the concept of volunteering but not surprised as the same boys don't understand the word confidential either lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Do you see that bolded bit...he doesn't say that. It's a lie to suggest he does and to double down on it, is wasting everyone's time. AGAIN he says:

You wasting your time with that fantasist , living in some sort of parallel reality

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

smurgen wrote: »
    "will prevent the insurance company from reducing the price" Where in the legislation does it say prices by insurance companies can not be reduced?

I work in insurance and I know the big guys will just use a different method to get the same premium income.
    This bill will stop something I hate in insurance - I wish it was extended to all service providers as the electricity suppliers do my head in with their 31% increases if you forget to move in time.

But the only thing that's going to reduce insurance premiums is the claims. Doherty knows this, he's a smart guy.
    A lot of providers of insurance for town halls/civic centers, playgrounds, one of festivals have pulled out of Ireland and its not due to dual pricing.
    But it's easy to make a headline out of private car insurance as it affects everyone.

I'm more pissed this discussion has taken over from the judges disagreeing with the judicial committees recommendation to reduce claims costs.
    Doherty's Bill won't fix anything in relation to costs, but it's morally a good Bill to stop one underhanded practice, in one industry.

Triangle wrote: »
    I work in insurance and I know the big guys will just use a different method to get the same premium income.
    This bill will stop something I hate in insurance - I wish it was extended to all service providers as the electricity suppliers do my head in with their 31% increases if you forget to move in time.

But the only thing that's going to reduce insurance premiums is the claims. Doherty knows this, he's a smart guy.
    A lot of providers of insurance for town halls/civic centers, playgrounds, one of festivals have pulled out of Ireland and its not due to dual pricing.
    But it's easy to make a headline out of private car insurance as it affects everyone.

I'm more pissed this discussion has taken over from the judges disagreeing with the judicial committees recommendation to reduce claims costs.
    Doherty's Bill won't fix anything in relation to costs, but it's morally a good Bill to stop one underhanded practice, in one industry.

It is not designed to fix anything in relation to costs, in fact it isn't even designed to achieve any real change, it is a headline-grabbing populist play to make it look like Sinn Fein are doing something.

Real change to lower insurance costs requires hard work and hard graft along the lines of the judicial committee recommendations, but that doesn't have the populist voter appeal that Sinn Fein are looking for.

It is not designed to fix anything in relation to costs, in fact it isn't even designed to achieve any real change, it is a headline-grabbing populist play to make it look like Sinn Fein are doing something.

Real change to lower insurance costs requires hard work and hard graft along the lines of the judicial committee recommendations, but that doesn't have the populist voter appeal that Sinn Fein are looking for.

So just ignore the other half of the sentence from somebody actually in the industry. Brilliant. :)
    but it's morally a good Bill to stop one underhanded practice, in one industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mark Webster report out soon, should be interesting.

Also Peter Coll inquiry......hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You guys in FFG have been promising real graft and change in relation to the insurance industry for decades.
    To date, to paraphrase a fellow boardsie we've got Zero, Zilch, Nada.

I welcome Doherty shaking the tree or being populist merely for the reason that this is a story which isn't going to go away.

And speaking of Storey, just heard now report due out this evening. Should keep a load of you lads up tonight!!

So just ignore the other half of the sentence from somebody actually in the industry. Brilliant. :)

Francie, it is a sharp practice, but it is not a big deal as such. Shop around, go back to your first company and you will get a good deal.

Really, the fuss being made by SF and its supporters over a relatively minor thing that will change nothing for even a half-savvy customer is just more populist hyperbole. The work being done by the government is far more important.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You guys in FFG have been promising real graft and change in relation to the insurance industry for decades.

I welcome Doherty shaking the tree or being populist merely for the reason that this is a story which isn't going to go away.

And speaking of Storey, just heard now report due out this evening. Should keep a load of you lads up tonight!!

According to Tommy Gorman, it is expected to say 'SF did not exert undue influence on Roselawn Cemetery'

Francie, it is a sharp practice, but it is not a big deal as such. Shop around, go back to your first company and you will get a good deal.

Really, the fuss being made by SF and its supporters over a relatively minor thing that will change nothing for even a half-savvy customer is just more populist hyperbole. The work being done by the government is far more important.

Who is making a fuss about it, more than the posters who have been telling lies about it for several days::

Petition
    Free Insurance
    Telling people Not to Renew their Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

According to Tommy Gorman, it is expected to say 'SF did not exert undue influence on Roselawn Cemetery'

Lol. If that's the outcome I'd say there'll be some unhappy campers round this place.

• Advertisement

Let’s not jump the gun, there are other issues to deal with.

There’s the Peter Coll report and the Mark Webster report.

I doubt if the other families using Roselawn at the time would agree.

Of course they wouldn’t know the full background.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Fainn, in the last government Shane Ross tried to bring in this change. One man fillibustered it until the government was reelected. Malcolm mcdowell. He appended on several hundred amendments in the seanad that made a mockery of our system.

Doherty knows this, which is why he went for a small win over the 'insurance bad guys' (don't get me wrong, I believe the big ones are immoral on some levels)

But this was won't be easily fixed by any political party. Even SF.

And my only issue with Doherty's bill is its being discussed so much and hiding what the judiciary are doing in the back ground.

Edit: I should point out there was a lot of opposition to it (the judiciary reform) from FG and FF but it was in the PFG and one man stopped it.

Triangle wrote: »
    Fainn, in the last government Shane Ross tried to bring in this change. One man fillibustered it until the government was reelected. Malcolm mcdowell. He appended on several hundred amendments in the seanad that made a mockery of our system.

Doherty knows this, which is why he went for a small win over the 'insurance bad guys' (don't get me wrong, I believe the big ones are immoral on some levels)

But this was won't be easily fixed by any political party. Even SF.

And my only issue with Doherty's bill is its being discussed so much and hiding what the judiciary are doing in the back ground.

Did he sing ‘Singin in the Rain’ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lol. If that's the outcome I'd say there'll be some unhappy campers round this place.

Not least a certain section of a very complicit media too, I heard Pearse Doherty on Newstalk the other day, not even 20 seconds in, in an interview about Varadkar passing confidential information to his pal, Shane Coleman wedges in something about the Storey funeral. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Once again you choose to pick parts of a statement and not the full post. As I said he suggested, I did not say he told everyone not to renew

As usual you don't discuss the topic of the video only jump and shout about something in a post. I guess by that you think it is a pile off crap from Pearse as usual?

If he had any interest in fixing the insurance problem why not provide some information on how people can renew cheaper?

Let’s not jump the gun, there are other issues to deal with.

There’s the Peter Coll report and the Mark Webster report.

I doubt if the other families using Roselawn at the time would agree.

Of course they wouldn’t know the full background.

I think it is the Peter Coll report Gorman was talking about.

Once again you choose to pick parts of a statement and not the full post. As I said he suggested, I did not say he told everyone not to renew

As usual you don't discuss the topic of the video only jump and shout about something in a post. I guess by that you think it is a pile off crap from Pearse as usual?

If he had any interest in fixing the insurance problem why not provide some information on how people can renew cheaper?

He didn't suggest it CF. It is a 'lie' to keep suggesting he did. AGAIN:
    Do not just accept your renewal quote

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why put yourself though this nonsense?

He doesn't "seem to be suggesting folk don't renew their insurance - period" and that's what you imlplied

Own your lie.

Tell me, when you were younger and your family advised you not to take lifts from people you didn't know, did you refuse to get on the school bus ffs?

That would be even worse.

Corruption is endemic when public servants do what they are expected to do by politicians without any influence or pressure needed. A culture of conformity with Sinn Fein expectations is dangerously corrupt.

• Advertisement

That would be even worse.

Corruption is endemic when public servants do what they are expected to do by politicians without any influence or pressure needed. A culture of conformity with Sinn Fein expectations is dangerously corrupt.

Dear jaysus. :rolleyes: :D:D

Advertisement