Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Coll is probably a shinner...don't you know.

Maybe they will let the man's family mourn in peace now.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1362426905325166593?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

McMurphy wrote: »
    I have been reading your posts, it started here

Your very first post "mentioning insurance" was a lie.

And they kept coming from then on.

And so on and so forth, now of course you're wanting to steer the conversation in a different direction, and pretend you had been engaging in truthful reasonable discussion all along.

Why do you bother, like what's the end goal?

So I guess that is a no then about discussing the insurance bill from Huff&puff?
    It would have been a lot easier two days ago if you just said you had no intention of discussing the topic and just wanted to attack the poster. Would have saved a lot of time

So I guess that is a no then about discussing the insurance bill from Huff&puff?
    It would have been a lot easier two days ago if you just said you had no intention of discussing the topic

The "topic" that we were discussing was centred around the lies you kept peddling, had you of began your magical journey discussing the actual bill, instead of complete and utter lies about "petitions", "free insurance" and "Doherty was in government in 2019, but actually not in government, in the Seannad, which is the same as being in government" you'd not find yourself painted into this corner, entirely of your own painting.
    and just wanted to attack the poster. Would have saved a lot of time

The "save a lot of time" line is ironic, the "attack the the poster" line, is just (yet another) an outright lie.

If you don't want to be called out on lies, stop posting them - simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

The "topic" that we were discussing was centred around the lies you kept peddling, had you of began your magical journey discussing the actual bill, instead of complete and utter lies about "petitions", "free insurance" and "Doherty was in government in 2019, but actually not in government, in the Seannad, which is the same as being in government" you'd not find yourself painted into this corner, entirely of your own painting.

The "save a lot of time" line is ironic, the "attack the the poster" line, is just (yet another) an outright lie.

If you don't want to be called out on lies, stop posting them - simple.

It's simply flabbergasting. Neck like a jockey's b*llocks to complain about being, 'attacked' because his lies weren't allowed to go uncorrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What’s with this Peter Farrelly dude.

Not a peep out of Mythen.

Who is electing these people, one has to ask.

Let’s hear what Mythen has to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I'll take your dodge as you bowing out ;)

Sorry but I tend to ignore rambling posts at that time of the night.
    If you have something coherent to say, then say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

SF putting a self imposed limit on their appeal to voters with such public support for terrorists and murderers. To their credit, they are honest, and do little to hide their nature, however repulsive that be to reasonable people :

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40229735.html

'Commemorating' an IRA bomber. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Sorry but I tend to ignore rambling posts at that time of the night.
    If you have something coherent to say, then say it.

You were responded to and you ducked out.
    I suggest you re read your post and my response. I'm happy to leave it there. IIt's obvious you just want to rattle on making false claims.

SF putting a self imposed limit on their appeal to voters with such public support for terrorists and murderers. To their credit, they are honest, and do little to hide their nature, however repulsive that be to reasonable people :

'Commemorating' an IRA bomber. Jaysus.

I don't support putting any military upon a pedestal but its not uncommon:
    Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet, byname Bomber Harris, (born April 13, 1892, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England—died April 5, 1984, Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire), British air officer who initiated and directed the “saturation bombing” that the Royal Air Force inflicted on Germany during World War II.
    Carpet bombing, also known as saturation bombing, is a large area bombardment done in a progressive manner to inflict damage in every part of a selected area of land. The phrase evokes the image of explosions completely covering an area, in the same way that a carpet covers a floor. 

Carpet bombing of cities, towns, villages, or other areas containing a concentration of civilians is considered a war crime[5] as of Article 51 of the 1977 Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions.

You were responded to and you ducked out.
    I suggest you re read your post and my response. I'm happy to leave it there. IIt's obvious you just want to rattle on making false claims.

You are saying a lot, without actually saying anything

Again, if you have something substantive to add, then say it.

• Advertisement

I don't support putting any military upon a pedestal but its not uncommon:

And who in Ireland is putting 'Bomber', Harris on a pedestal?

* Looks around *
    Oh, no one, is that right?

It is very easy to win an argument, no one else is making :pac:

And who in Ireland is putting 'Bomber', Harris on a pedestal?

* Looks around *
    Oh, no one, is that right?

It is very easy to win an argument, no one else is making :pac:

Which is what you are doing now and on your Collins comparison that didn't stand up.
    Pointing out people and whole nations celebrate bombers, in this case the BA and monarchy, but you knew that but needed to make a comment even if it was your usual standard, pointless.

Which is what you are doing now and on your Collins comparison that didn't stand up.

You really really really should educate yourself on Collins then and his role in the War of Independance.
    Pointing out people and whole nations celebrate bombers, in this case the BA and monarchy, but you knew that but needed to make a comment even if it was your usual standard, pointless.

Ah, the whole,' sure everyone is a bad as each other and basically Hitler' fallacy?
    Peddle your fallacies away. :pac:

:confused:

Oh, sorry.
    I'll explain. You posted a romanticised rant about collins'IRA and how restrained he/they were. I gave examples of a massacre and several assassinations carried out under his leadership.
    Then some one commented on the fact a bomber was to be commemorated (by the family it turns out, not SF) and I showed its not unheard of and gave an example.
    So apart from smiley faces and being confused if you need more help let me know.

Has Mythen come out with a statement yet.

Elected SF people involved in very strange goings on.

Who is in control in that area, has Mary Lou had any input.

This is the stuff people need to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Has Mythen come out with a statement yet.

Elected SF people involved in very strange goings on.

Who is in control in that area, has Mary Lou had any input.

This is the stuff people need to know about.

Does he need to give a statement? Is his support not standard SF policy - endorse the actions of murderers and terrorists, as fundamentally SF is a party that will use terrorism whenever it considers it advantageous to do so. At the moment, it doesn't employ it. But is still there as an option in the armoury and an integral part of its ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I don’t understand this. Firstly, a family has the right to commemorate the death of a son no matter how or what they might have done.

However, a commemoration for a terrorist is unacceptable. It was supported by Sinn Fein in some form. The Sinn Fein member is a teacher? Suitable to work with children?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hubertj wrote: »

I don’t understand this. Firstly, a family has the right to commemorate the death of a son no matter how or what they might have done.

However, a commemoration for a terrorist is unacceptable. It was supported by Sinn Fein in some form. The Sinn Fein member is a teacher? Suitable to work with children?

There's no employment legislation about that says you can't be a member of SF and be a teacher afaik. I'm sure they get Garda vetted as per many other occupations who work with kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Fann Linn wrote: »
    There's no employment legislation about that says you can't be a member of SF and be a teacher afaik. I'm sure they get Garda vetted as per many other occupations who work with kids etc.

I have no problem with a teacher being a member of a political party but to think it’s ok to support the commemoration of a bomber....

Such a shame that another young life lost needlessly.

I find it strange that given that initially the commemoration was supported by ‘Wexford Sinn Fein’ that
    the leadership of that party and the local councilors don’t come out from behind their masks and let the electorate know their stance.

Time to come out into the open on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I have no problem with a teacher being a member of a political party but to think it’s ok to support the commemoration of a bomber....

I agree with you. The Shinners are doing no favours to themselves with the likes of this and Stanley's tweets etc. Riding high in the polls and a clown comes out with this and deflects away from Govt of Chaos.

Not a word about this on MI this morning.

Will be interesting to hear if Big Pearse is interviewed on Ulster Bank will he be asked about this .

You can be sure if a Govt. rep was on there would be a “now on another issue” question thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Not a word about this on MI this morning.

Will be interesting to hear if Big Pearse is interviewed on Ulster Bank will he be asked about this .

You can be sure if a Govt. rep was on there would be a “now on another issue” question thrown in.

Morning Ireland are in the Ra :D

We'd be on awfully shaky ground if we wanted to go down the road of wanting to try and outlaw or the stigmatisation of "commemorations for terrorists"

Here's Leo, posing for a selfie with renowned pacifist, Michael Collins ffs.

20210219-082700.jpg

We'd be on awfully shaky ground if we wanted to go down the road of wanting to try and outlaw or the stigmatisation of "commemorations for terrorists"

Wow, just Wow.
    Really says it all.

It is interesting that anything posted here demands an automatic response including Leo. Obsessed or what

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

And the same boys wanted to celebrate the RIC ffs - you couldn't make it up :rolleyes: #Confused.com

• Registered Users Posts: 68,845 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

20210219-082700.jpg

No problem with Black and Tan commemoration, or wearing the poppy either.

It's the good terrorists/bad terrorists game again.

P.S. I have zero issues with the B&T's and British soldiers being remembered respectfully.

Wow, just Wow.
    Really says it all.

It is interesting that anything posted here demands an automatic response including Leo. Obsessed or what

The claim made was that a "commemoration for s terrorist was unacceptable" and the poster questioned the suitability of anyone doing so to be a teacher or work with children FFS, it's right there in the post I quoted.

See the difference here is, that I don't need to fall back on horse shîte claims of things that never happened and then subsequently claim "I was only joking, and people are "attacking me" when said horse shîte is called out" my claims can be backed up and fact checked that's the difference here.

Leo Varadkars selfie with "a terrorist" is infamous at this stage, not because he's posing for a selfie with the great Michael Collins, but because he has been very vocal on "terrorists" throughout his short and dismal leadership. Hence why it was posted.

I can give countless other examples if you want from either of the civil war party's, "commemorating terrorists"
    The 86th anniversary of an ambush of 17 British soldiers in Co Cork during the War of Independence will be marked today.

IRA riflemen opened fire on two lorries carrying the Auxiliary Division officers at Kilmichael, about 14 miles from Macroom in November 1920. A wreath will be laid today at Castletownkenneigh Cemetery where three IRA casualties are buried.

A parade will be then led to the Kilmichael Monument and Fianna Fail Senator Mary White will deliver an oration.

Members of the local Khaki Green historical group will discharge blank ammunition rounds over the monument. The group has been granted special permission from the Garda to fire the rounds.

Commemoration Committee secretary Sean Kelleher said: "We're honouring the men who struck a blow for our freedom. "It was a very significant event during the War of Independence because it came a week after the events of Bloody Sunday." Relatives of the IRA volunteers and members of other political parties are also expected to attend today's commemoration.

admittedly Leo sprung to mind first and foremost, but that's only because it's Fine Gael Zealots who are the most vocal and hypocritical on the subject (this being the party of gormless morons who cry "terrorists," yet wanted to get an official state commemoration for the black and tans introduced for Christ sake)

Maybe this time you'll have the decency and respect to hang around and discuss this blatant hypocrisy, and not run away with your tail between your legs claiming "you've been attacked" this morning.

Maybe this time you'll have the decency and respect to hang around and discuss this blatant hypocrisy, and not run away with your tail between your legs claiming "you've been attacked" this morning.

I had two options yesterday
    1. Try and have a discussion about a insurance bill with a couple of anonymous posters who had clearly no intention of discussing it
    2. Go spent time with my family

I went with option 2. If that is what you call "run away with your tail between your legs" then yes I am 100% guilty.

• Advertisement

I had two options yesterday
    1. Try and have a discussion about a insurance bill with a couple of posters who had clearly no idea about the bill and no intention of discussing it
    2. Go spent time with my family

I went with option 2. If that is what you call "run away with your tail between your legs" then yes I am 100% guilty.

Good call Crazy...don’t allow yourself to be bullied under any circumstances.

Advertisement