Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

You suggested members of FF/FG being on the take was conspiracy theory. I was showing they have form and we are still waiting on the outcome from Siteserv.

I have my suspicions that crooked parties who have a history of being on the take might be on the take. It's the only reason I can see for them always entering such poor deals.

Look, I'm not SF. I support blocking not fit for purpose bad deals. After over ten years of making their crisis worse, the civil war parties trying to blame SF is worrying. It shows they don't have the capacity or intent to look at themselves. It means they've no intention of changing course until the wheels come off and we are all told we partied.

All that's happening now is private enterprise is picking the bones while we sign up for more abuse. It's quite disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Councils budget aren't infinite, if they need to house lots of people taking a lease instead of buying allows them to house many more people.

If I build 10 luxury apartments, I can now avoid my obligation to provide a percentage of them to the state? Awesome, guess what every developer will do tomorrow.

You've gone from saying it was answered by others to we can't. We know you saw it 4 times and decided to ignore it.

Since the start you've been getting emotional and accusing me of all sorts. No worries. I answered in good faith.

We're not allowed to talk about this because one poster doesn't understand, but that poster also seems intent on highlighting their failure to understand consistently for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,084 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Such waffle no wonder these forums are dying.

I didn't suggest anything I asked you to back up your claims that this development had bribes paid and people in FG have profited from it. Post your evidence of this if you are not spoofing. Who in FG profited from this scheme?

I then tried to discuss the actual scheme and you go back to civil war parties soundbites. What is wrong with the new approved development? Do you not want homes built?

Why is the Oscar Traynor site a bad deal? How would you improve it?

Awesome, I hope they do at least we'll stop gifting our land for expensive short term patchwork.

There was way more than just you.

My point was regarding saving money not the definition of a word. Nobody showed why buying is cheaper.

Buying can be cheaper because the developer building the accommodation can build more efficiently than a council can, when buying you also end up paying the market rate regardless of whether prices rise or fall in the mean time, it also takes the risk element away if unforeseen issues happen during building.

Note, it can and usually is cheaper to build if you have all the expertise in house and your driven to get the accommodation built on time and to a budget, those are qualities that councils do not have, which means they have to outsource which makes it no cheaper than buying. All the potential savings get consumed by having to outsource the expertise who will charge the same if not more than they would if they funding it themselves (they also don't need to take any risk, it would become a huge gravy train).

On top of this, the council now has less budget to do other things with, such as build and maintain roads and other infrastructure because they are spending that budget on builders and developers instead.

But the main reason it's doomed to fail is that the councils will never enact the plan that SF will want to put in place, for the reasons above and that SF are the ones currently doing the blocking thus they have no reason to cooperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF are in trouble I feel. They started to believe their own hype and in the polls peaked too early. Its going to be a lot harder for SF now to go about their business in objecting to new developments now that their cards have been marked.....

What are you on about team member? The only team around here was the Sine Fein 10 sock puppet accounts that thankfully got discovered.

I asked one question why is the Oscar Traynor site a bad deal? How would you improve it?

Also anything to back up your other post about bribes for FG politicians with the development if not you should retract it.

Councils don't build they pay people to. They organise pipe being laid, holes dug, roads and playgrounds.

We went head first into PPP and 'regeneration' which was selling off land under the pretence of improvements. That coupled with less builds has us where we are.

Can't do that. I want all the kudos when Noonan gets caught.

Will try one more time if you are not trolling.

I asked one question why is the Oscar Traynor site a bad deal? How would you improve it?

Also anything to back up your other post about bribes for FG politicians with the development if not you should retract it.

• Advertisement

It seems there's not much different in the SF policies then other than renaming some things, I predict many temporary refund adjustments to pay for all this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

gript.ie

"On basically any issue that is of importance to our country, Sinn Féin’s answer is “We want exactly what the government is doing, but we want more of it and we want it quicker.”

So to put that another way, Sinn Féin believes in the government’s agenda more than the government does. They are the biggest cheerleaders for the current policies being implemented."

Sinn Fein has never had an original idea of their own.

They might as well be FFG version 2.0.

https://gript.ie/scallan-what-kind-of-change-does-sinn-fein-represent/?fbclid=IwAR0q3UdrwYurko4GxUEdN5Bt8aifdenyzdWdEJt0fbaDJyaEaUVas6kNxng

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

Complete rubbish.

Completely different on housing.

The pandemic response.

Most policies are polar opposites to ffgg.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Here we go, another one 😳🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Both rubbish.

Sinn Fein and Gript

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭mikethecop

what do you expect when a organized crime gang try's to transition to politics ?

also that is not a good source of information ......

Post edited by mikethecop on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"they haven't gone away you know"

Bring back the Daily Mail, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

You could at least have spelt their name correctly in the thread title.

(also big LOL at using gript as a source for anything - it's a jumped up blog)

To Bubblypop

So if Sinn Fein is rubbish and Gript is rubbish that makes your post rubbish .

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Advertisement

To Brussels Sprout .

What are you sprouting about care to point out any inconsistency in the Gript article instead of a silly comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

When you look at the likes of John Brady, the Sinn Fein TD, holding on to a council house even though his salary and allowances are over 100k, I begin to understand why they are opposed to leasing. It will stop that type of exploitation of the rules and save the State a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Blanch, you don't know the basics. The State/Co Council are much better off with Brady remaining in his council house because the rent is calculated on the income of the household (usually between 10 and 20% of income). It looks like Wicklow Co. Council have a nice little earner from Brady coming up in the world! I'm sure they are hoping more of their tenants do just as well. It will all help to build more houses in Wicklow.

While mentioned earlier in this thread that there was 38m rent arrears in DCC, its worth noting that about 30m is from the time of the crash in 2008. After that, about 50% of the debt is less than €500 and due to the change in circumstances where tenants have not declared that the household income may has increased (or not in a timely fashion). Seemingly the Dept. is on this and have come up a way to make it easier for tenants to update their new information.

The Housing Associations seems to have this aspect sorted very well where you can do it over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Heh heh…….don’t hold your breath is all I can say to that.

Soz buddy.

Nice handy number for Brady paying far less than the market rent and blocking someone in real need from getting a house. Well done to him on playing the system to his advantage.

There are plenty of hard-working people out there paying much more of their income in rent and earning far less than Brady, but you know noses in the trough and all that.

Social housing is for the less well-off, Brady doesn't fit that category.

Same people be in arrears in luxury leased apartments too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Hold on a second.

The max anyone can pay in a council house is 200 per week.

FACT.

Don't think it is as low as €200, this document suggests €423 for a 3-bed in Dublin, might be cheaper in Wicklow though.

Either way, a long long way from the claim that the taxpayer is getting a good deal from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Not a 'FACT' in Wicklow. And in DCC its 420 per week (not 200).

4)        CALCULATION OF RENT Wicklow Co. Co

In accordance with condition (b) of the tenancy agreement you are required to submit all information requested as the rents of dwellings let on differential rent will be determined in accordance with the following bands taking into account the information supplied:

·            Up to €220.00 – Minimum rent €24.00

·            €220.01 - €350.00 – 20% of income within bands minus €220.00 (plus €24.00)

·            €350.01 - €550.00 – 30% of income within bands minus €350.00 (plus €50.00)

·            €550.01 upwards – 40% of income minus €550.00 (plus €110.00)

A deduction of €1.00 will be allowed in respect of each dependant child (i.e, a person aged 18 years or under or, who being under 22, is attending a full time course of education) from the rent is calculated.

After the rent payable in respect of the principal earner has been determined 10% of that part of the income of each subsidiary earner which exceeds €30.00 per week shall be added subject to a maximum contribution of €24.00 by each subsidiary earner.

Rough calculation then (basing it on 100K as a TDs salary) = 2,000K per week (roughly). 40% equal to roughly = 800 -550 +110= 360 p.w. = €1500 pm and just under €19K a year rent.

If his wife works, they get another 10% of that although they benefit 5 per week per child under 18 or not in fulltime education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yeah that’s great and all but:

“The maximum rent the city council charges is €425 a week, but no tenant is currently paying this amount, with the current highest weekly charge set at €265.87”

Advertisement