Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,909 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It was stated there was something unique about this being a SF issue.

Far as I can see, SF fronted up and accepted blame and apologised and put systems in place to stop it happening again.

Yes, they announced that they had put systems in place after the Mairia Cahill events. In fact, someone here once produced a Sinn Fein Ard Fheis motion that was passed in this regard.

Those systems were so good that when another incident happened - Paudie McGahan - the systems were immediately activated and the victim was protected and looked after...............oh, I see.

Yes, the policies and procedures were ignored and another kangaroo court was held. Beneath the tacky facade, there is nothing to Sinn Fein's protection of the victims of their party's child abuse. To this day, their supporters harass and harangue women like Mairia Cahill, victims of Sinn Fein.

I didn't sell anyone's baby. I didn't send a Garda with the local priest to take a rape victim to a home to be mentally abused for the rest of her life, why was Martin apologising on my behalf? Was his party and Fine Gael's assisted and turned a blind eye and covered.
    The public knew what they were told and told what was acceptable.
    So how come the modern FF/FG are still putting up roadblocks to the survivors?
    It was private individuals and survivors brought and dragged the state into where we are.

Have I got lost again? Thought I was in the Sinn Fein thread, but it seems to be the mothers and baby thread.
    markodaly wrote: »
    I am sure it is something to do with anything but the topic at hand.

When supporters of the SF/PIRA are on the back foot the general tactic, is to not talk about the actual points raised, but to divert attention to something else.

Usually in this order:
    FG
    Leo
    Maria Cahil
    Da Brits
    Leo
    Maria Cahil
    Flanagan
    FG
    FF
    Covid
    Housing
    Leo
    Leo
    Leo
    FG
    FF
    Eoin Murphy
    Da Brits
    Boris
    DUP
    The Greens
    Leo
    Leo

etc...

God forbid they have to defend the actual record of SF/PIRA without having to do a 'Look over here!'

Ah, now I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, they announced that they had put systems in place after the Mairia Cahill events. In fact, someone here once produced a Sinn Fein Ard Fheis motion that was passed in this regard.

Those systems were so good that when another incident happened - Paudie McGahan - the systems were immediately activated and the victim was protected and looked after...............oh, I see.

Yes, the policies and procedures were ignored and another kangaroo court was held. Beneath the tacky facade, there is nothing to Sinn Fein's protection of the victims of their party's child abuse. To this day, their supporters harass and harangue women like Mairia Cahill, victims of Sinn Fein.

Mairia was a victim of a 'member' of Sinn Fein allegedly, there is actually documentation that shows that members of SF tried to help her in the days when she anti the police.
    It's important that you tell these stories correctly as the M&B victims are pointing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Mairia was a victim of a 'member' of Sinn Fein allegedly, there is actually documentation that shows that members of SF tried to help her in the days when she anti the police.
    It's important that you tell these stories correctly as the M&B victims are pointing out.

Maybe stick to one topic. The mother & babies has a thread all for it and I am sure you can discuss in details. I don't think every post on the SF thread requires a mention of it. Bit over the top at this stage would you not think?

As the M&B victims are pointing out, it is important that you tell the story from the victim's viewpoint.

You are once again denigrating Mairia Cahill's version of the story, you are doing the same thing that you are accusing the Commission of doing to the M&B victims. That you can't see it, tells an awful lot.

• Advertisement

As the M&B victims are pointing out, it is important that you tell the story from the victim's viewpoint.

You are once again denigrating Mairia Cahill's version of the story, you are doing the same thing that you are accusing the Commission of doing to the M&B victims. That you can't see it, tells an awful lot.

SF members produced letters that advised MC to go to police. That was a fact of the case.

You are surely not advising us to cover up facts are you?

SF members produced letters that advised MC to go to police. That was a fact of the case.

You are surely not advising us to cover up facts are you?

Just like the Mothers and Baby Home Commission produced the documentation in the face of the witness statements?

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Its about a year since Sinn Fein led by Mary Lou gained enough support to knock Fine Gael down to the 3rd most popular party in the 26.

Some people havnt got over that fact. I find it very funny

Just like the Mothers and Baby Home Commission produced the documentation in the face of the witness statements?

You are the one trying to suggest that mentining a fact of the case is 'denigrating' Mairia Cahill.
    How does the truth denigrate anyone?

The M&B Commission destroyed people's versions of their own truths. Ignoring the fact that SF members tried to help MC makes victims of them.

You are the one trying to suggest that mentining a fact of the case is 'denigrating' Mairia Cahill.
    How does the truth denigrate anyone?

The M&B Commission destroyed people's versions of their own truths. Ignoring the fact that SF members tried to help MC makes victims of them.

Just like Sinn Fein continues to attempt to destroy Mairia Cahill's version of her own truths.

Nauseating that you paint SF members as victims in the Mairia Cahill case.

• Advertisement

Just like Sinn Fein continues to attempt to destroy Mairia Cahill's version of her own truths.

Nauseating that you paint SF members as victims in the Mairia Cahill case.

I didn't paint them as victims. I said they are victims if what they tried to do is ignored and they are convicted of a cover-up.

YOU blanch have made the case that telling the truth and producing the documentation to back it up is 'denigrating Mairia Cahill'.

You are as bad as any kangaroo court or Diplock court ever was.

The truth always matters.

I didn't paint them as victims. I said they are victims if what they tried to do is ignored and they are convicted of a cover-up.

YOU blanch have made the case that telling the truth and producing the documentation to back it up is 'denigrating Mairia Cahill'.

Yes, Francie, the Sinn Fein truth is that the Mothers and Baby home victims are telling the truth, but Mairia Cahill, the victim, isn't.

Pretty much have it there, don't need to say anything else.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Yes, Francie, the Sinn Fein truth is that the Mothers and Baby home victims are telling the truth, but Mairia Cahill, the victim, isn't.

Well thats just not true. You are a troll

Where have SF said Mairia Cahill isn't telling the truth about her abuse?

Far as I can see, correct me if I am wrong, actual evidence in the form of the letters prove that SF members did try and help her by advising her to go to the police. Which was at a time when she was anti the police force and mistrustful of them.

Those letter would have been presented in the court case that never happened.
    You really should stop convicting on the foot of allegations alone blanch.

Where have they said she isnt telling truth....anything ive seen acknowledges she is saying truth?

The 'truth' doesn't matter to blanch, the allegation does.

(1) The Commission independently investigated the evidence and reached its conclusion.

(2) Sinn Fein denigrated Mairia Cahill with its twisted version of events.

(1) has far more credibility than (2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think you missed this:
    More dishonesty off you.
    Didn't explain away anything. Didnt defend anything. A comparison was made and rebutted.
    You cannot compare Adams allegedly covering for his brother and putting it on SF with the industrial abuse over decades metered out under FF/FG/church.
    Your comment here and twisting is whats shameful. Not beyond you to use victims for a win. Are you paying Maria Cahill royalties for using her name so much? The woman is more than a victim to be used when convenient. She was (is?) a dissident/senator, but you're only interested in using her as a victim.

What has the mother and baby homes got to do with you rolling out Maria Cahill again?

Well thats just not true. You are a troll

Well, Mairia Cahill agrees with me. You wouldn't want to dis a victim, would you?

I think you missed this:

What has the mother and baby homes got to do with you rolling out Maria Cahill again?

You are correct.

"You cannot compare Adams allegedly covering for his brother and putting it on SF with the industrial abuse over decades metered out under FF/FG/church."

What Adams did was his personal responsibility and was far far worse.

(1) The Commission independently investigated the evidence and reached its conclusion.

(2) Sinn Fein denigrated Mairia Cahill with its twisted version of events.

(1) has far more credibility than (2).

The twisting you will do is quite something.

You made a case for supressing the truth a few posts ago. Shame on anyone who does that. Not to be trusted.

• Advertisement

Well, Mairia Cahill agrees with me. You wouldn't want to dis a victim, would you?

So tell us all how mentioning Varadkar in a current affairs forum about things he's currently doing as reported in the media is obsession?
    But go on, Maria Cahill.....

You are correct.

"You cannot compare Adams allegedly covering for his brother and putting it on SF with the industrial abuse over decades metered out under FF/FG/church."

What Adams did was his personal responsibility and was far far worse.

Nor does it cancel out the mother and baby homes.
    You said it couldn't be compared then compared them.
    As with most things its not an either or. Both can have their time to be taken on board. Changing the subject is changing the subject.

So tell us all how mentioning Varadkar in a current affairs forum about things he's currently doing as reported in the media is obsession?
    But go on, Maria Cahill.....

This is the Sinn Fein thread. Leo isn't relevant, but Mairia Cahill is still getting dog's abuse on social media from Sinn Fein members, that makes her relevant.

An inconvenient truth that won't go away.

Nor does it cancel out the mother and baby homes.
    You said it couldn't be compared then compared them.
    As with most things its not an either or. Both can have their time to be taken on board. Changing the subject is changing the subject.

Yes, let's talk about Gerry Adams on the SF thread, and leave the M&B homes to their thread, agreed?

This is the Sinn Fein thread. Leo isn't relevant, but Mairia Cahill is still getting dog's abuse on social media from Sinn Fein members, that makes her relevant.

An inconvenient truth that won't go away.

Can you back this up?

Can you back this up?

Follow her on social media and you will see for yourself.

Follow her on social media and you will see for yourself.

Can YOU back it up. Show that they are 'members'...or is this your version of the 'truth' again?

Where have SF said Mairia Cahill isn't telling the truth about her abuse?

Far as I can see, correct me if I am wrong, actual evidence in the form of the letters prove that SF members did try and help her by advising her to go to the police. Which was at a time when she was anti the police force and mistrustful of them.

Those letter would have been presented in the court case that never happened.
    You really should stop convicting on the foot of allegations alone blanch.

You want the truth?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/report-says-sinn-fein-members-did-not-cooperate-with-police-in-mairia-cahill-abuse-probe-37540133.html?fbclid=IwAR0aA5037VbZDubeFXOtwXy38H0vogudtZP5iZ6vUh43owg0c5ZPMnzjCSg

"A Police Ombudsman's report has revealed that Sinn Fein members "did not cooperate" fully with police on their investigation into the sexual abuse case of IRA victim Mairia Cahill."

End of.

You want the truth?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/report-says-sinn-fein-members-did-not-cooperate-with-police-in-mairia-cahill-abuse-probe-37540133.html?fbclid=IwAR0aA5037VbZDubeFXOtwXy38H0vogudtZP5iZ6vUh43owg0c5ZPMnzjCSg

"A Police Ombudsman's report has revealed that Sinn Fein members "did not cooperate" fully with police on their investigation into the sexual abuse case of IRA victim Mairia Cahill."

End of.

You are just bull****ting about anything now to cover yourself. The Belfast Telegraph quoting a 'document it has seen'...:) :)
    From a force disgraced in the inquiry into why the case didn't get to trial. :)

• Advertisement

Can YOU back it up. Show that they are 'members'...or is this your version of the 'truth' again?

Most recently it was member of Derry SF trolling the woman on social media, but it is all there on her social media feeds, you can look at it if you want.

Advertisement