Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You are just bull****ting about anything now to cover yourself. The Belfast Telegraph quoting a 'document it has seen'...:) :)
    From a force disgraced in the inquiry into why the case didn't get to trial. :)

Are they now liars as well? The Belfast Telegraph? The independent report? Mairia Cahill?

They have all lied that Sinn Fein did not co-operate with the investigation of her abuse. OK, we understand you now.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are they now liars as well? The Belfast Telegraph? The independent report? Mairia Cahill?

They have all lied that Sinn Fein did not co-operate with the investigation of her abuse. OK, we understand you now.

that investigation,wasnt into the sexual abuse of maria cahill??

Do you even read your links

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You have just pivoted to something else now in order to cover up the fact that you want the truth supressed.

You would work well with the police who were disgraced for their handling of this case.

Did yous not claim,she deleted her social.media the other day?

I didn't. Her Facebook page is still there.

You have just pivoted to something else now in order to cover up the fact that you want the truth supressed.

You would work well with the police who were disgraced for their handling of this case.

The truth is that Mairia Cahill was abused by Sinn Fein, and they didn't co-operate with the investigation.

• Advertisement

I didn't. Her Facebook page is still there.

throw up screenshot then of what your accusaing
    (Honestly i havnt facebook,hence the substancial high quality boards account)

The truth is that Mairia Cahill was abused by Sinn Fein, and they didn't co-operate with the investigation.

Mairia Cahill was allegedly abused by a man, who was a member of SF.
    She made allegations against SF members who were also at court prepared to defend themselves.

A court case that didn't happen because a police force, more interested in Getting Gerry (like yourself) disgraced themselves.

To compound the fact you want evidence ignored/suppressed in the case you tout the face saving police line.

Great.

this investigation,your referencing,wasnt into the sexual abuse of maria cahill though??

No, it was into Sinn Fein's co-operation with the investigation into her abuse. IT found they didn't co-operate.

throw up screenshot then of what your accusaing
    (Honestly i havnt facebook,hence the substancial high quality boards account)

Think her Facebook page is open, so google is your friend.

Think her Facebook page is open, so google is your friend.

You made the claim...up to you to back it up.

And no a tricolour does not prove membership of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »

Proving my point.... yet again.

SF supporters just cannot, CANNOT defend their own people or history or policy without having to posts something about, well insert a litany of stuff they want to talk about.

Classic case here.

Gerry Adams protects and defends a paedophile for years.. response? "Something. something FF"

It was stated there was something unique about this being a SF issue.

If you can find instances of FF or FG or any other party creating midnight Kangerro courts in dealing with an allegation of rape and sexual assault, and not telling the authorities, then maybe you have a point

If you can find instances of other political parties moving sexual predators around the country, under the noses of the authorities, then maybe you may have a point.

If you can find an instance of a leader of a political party, knowing in the full knowledge that someone is raping and abusing children, yet you do nothing about it, but in fact protect them, then maybe you have a point.

Otherwise, you don't have a point.
    Sinn Fein are an outlier here.

Point out one lie or any inaccuracies in that post.

You lie by omitting pertinent facts, which is a lie.

The fact that you have to repeat the same post again and again, which is ahistorical rubbish just proves my point.

markodaly wrote: »
    If you can find instances of FF or FG or any other party creating midnight Kangerro courts in dealing with an allegation of rape and sexual assault, and not telling the authorities, then maybe you have a point

If you can find instances of other political parties moving sexual predators around the country, under the noses of the authorities, then maybe you may have a point.

If you can find an instance of a leader of a political party, knowing in the full knowledge that someone is raping and abusing children, yet you do nothing about it, but in fact protect them, then maybe you have a point.

The IRA mark...research the IRA. The IRA who had to replace/function as the police force nobody trusted - including Mairia Cahill. With good cause I might add, they were renamed and reformed in disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

When murder and terrorism is part of your core ethos, you are well outside the moral framework that normal people live by. Its little if any leap to the above. When you are your own law and order, well, anything goes, and you make up the rules as you go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

The IRA mark...research the IRA. The IRA who had to replace/function as the police force nobody trusted - including Mairia Cahill. With good cause I might add, they were renamed and reformed in disgrace.

So now the PIRA was the local 'Bobby? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Proving my point.... yet again.

SF supporters just cannot, CANNOT defend their own people or history or policy without having to posts something about, well insert a litany of stuff they want to talk about.

Classic case here.

Gerry Adams protects and defends a paedophile for years.. response? "Something. something FF"

Proving what point?

Posting to another instance of something the poster said wouldn't go on elsewhere? How do you prove a point if you can't link to it for the love of God.......

Are you actually for real.

Ah, the old excuses keep coming.

It starts off with..
    "SF is no different from other parties"

* Lays out point as to why SF is different to other parties*

"But the IRA!!!"

Yawn! As we clearly see SF are very very different to other parties. They operate from an entirely different moral and ethical plane.

It starts off with..

"But the IRA!!!"

Yawn! As we clearly see SF are very very different to other parties. They operate from an entirely different moral and ethical plane.

You are losing this argument in the real world. People see the different - they understand the difference between peace and conflict.

Proving what point?

Posting to another instance of something the poster said wouldn't go on elsewhere? How do you prove a point if you can't link to it for the love of God.......

Are you actually for real.

Yes, I am for real. This thread is littered with examples of:
    "What about [insert something else not SF related]"

This is a SF thread, one would think people would be able to defend SF's record without having to go off on tangents or "Whatabaout" their way to an explanation. Example, James Brown seems to be obsessed in talking about the M&B homes issue, even though there is a dedicated thread for that... odd isn't it?

Sadly not, which says a lot more about SF than anything else.
    But, yes Whatabout away, they will show us! :p:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You are losing this argument in the real world. People see the different - they understand the difference between peace and conflict.

Tell me, how is moving sexual predators around Ireland and not telling the authorities in the North or the South, the difference between peace and conflict?

How is protecting a paedophile and letting them access young kids under 10, the difference between peace and conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

This is a SF thread, one would think people would be able to defend SF's record without having to go off on tangents or "Whatabaout" their way to an explanation. Example, James Brown seems to be obsessed in talking about the M&B homes issue, even though there is a dedicated thread for that... odd isn't it?

SF can only define themselves by criticism of others. Shining they light on themselves reveals that there is nothing really there. Understandably, they dont like to do that. So must divert attention to opposing parties.

Stick with me mark, I'll run through the gist of things here.

Poster A stated fairly categorically, that if any politician from any other party here was shown to offer protection to a pedophile they'd not last long, or be removed from the party.

Poster B (that's me) called them out on their post for the spurious nonsense it was, and here's the mad part, you might wanna sit down for this one......

I actually linked to the story I was referring to, cos I'm a mad bastard and all.

As per mod advice below.
    mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: I'd like a link to that video myself please, or at least a transcription, before you continue that line of conversation.

You don't get to dictate what's discussed here, and you certainly do not get to whinge and complain because a poster linked to something on a thread, another poster said doesn't happen.

Get a grip FFS.

Tell me, how is moving sexual predators around Ireland and not telling the authorities in the North or the South, the difference between peace and conflict?

How is protecting a paedophile and letting them access young kids under 10, the difference between peace and conflict?

Who on this island is going to take the higher moral ground on issues like this only supporters of the power swap. :rolleyes:

Many organisations have had serious issues dealing with this stuff...not least the incumbents of the Dáil since the foundation of the state.

You can take a run and jump at yourself on that one mark.

It starts off with..

"But the IRA!!!"

It will take at least another generation of politicians before Sinn Fein are suitable for power.

In the 1920s, there was no alternative to parties that had been involved in violence a few years earlier. Thankfully, in 2021, there are plenty of parties that have no link to the violence of the Troubles. The people therefore have a choice.

They are beginning to get a few new politicians who have no links to the past. The likes of Violet-Anne for example. The problem is, they are like Violet-Anne.

Who on this island is going to take the higher moral ground on issues like this only supporters of the power swap. :rolleyes:

Many organisations have had serious issues dealing with this stuff...not least the incumbents of the Dáil since the foundation of the state.

Sorry, anyone on this island, including the despicable DUP, can take the higher moral ground to Sinn Fein on the issue of setting up kangaroo courts to deal with child sexual abuse.

mate....adams is retired from politics?

Surely the case referenced by mcmurphy is more relevent as regards discussion in the reaĺm of current affairs?

You couldn't make it up.

He was at it earlier this morning too.

Something about people and trying to tell others what to wear and what not to wear, and who did they think they were.

I linked to Charlie Flannigan getting fierce upset at Brian Stanley (he of Sinn Fein) for wearing an Easter Lilly in the Dail. (What a bastard!) And he threw in the whataboutery card too.

In a Sinn Fein thread. A post literally about a Sinn Fein TD in the Sinn Fein thread is whataboutery.

:pac:

Sorry, anyone on this island, including the despicable DUP, can take the higher moral ground to Sinn Fein on the issue of setting up kangaroo courts to deal with child sexual abuse.

Cahill asked for the IRA to deal with it, because SHE didn't trust the police and wouldn't go to them.

You couldn't make it up.

He was at it earlier this morning too.

Something about people and trying to tell others what to wear and what not to wear, and who did they think they were.

I linked to Charlie Flannigan getting fierce upset at Brian Stanley (he of Sinn Fein) for wearing an Easter Lilly in the Dail. (What a bastard!) And he threw in the whataboutery card too.

In a Sinn Fein thread. A post literally about a Sinn Fein TD in the Sinn Fein thread is whataboutery.

:pac:

your not allowed to even mention varadkar anymore,without all sorts of baseless accusations thrown at you....in a current affairs forum :pac:

• Advertisement

So, you don't want to answer the question.

I fail to see how altering the authorities about child abuse is the difference between peace and conflict.

It is a nice story and all, a nice 'get out of jail free card' people can pretend to have, but the reality is that, its just a made-up argument designed to protect and defend the party over all else.

Advertisement