Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

It hasn't you know

But they'll know all about empty promiserama if they put SF into government

A good proportion of them are all set to do it deliberately including me at this stage

It'll be a right laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

The inevitable coalition partner and a slow moving civil service should slow the worst ideas to the point they're voted out before leaving us in a position we can't recover from.

Given what we recovered from in '08 (and I don't think one term in government could be even nearly that bad) I think your pessimism is overblown, Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Now you and your FG buddies are deliberately going to put SF into Govt.

Put down the beer

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

If they change the housing policy and at least try set up a functioning health service over a term in Govt, they will have done more than FG in a decade

There are plenty of examples in this thread of Sinn Féin maths being of the promise now and worry about it later variety and even in the last page or 3

Asking me to repeat it when it's that prolific is just trump tactics

This poster doesn't bother engaging with that type of disingenuity

• Advertisement

No beer required for that life lesson,it's galore at this stage amongst people like me

You're welcome

I suspect its your head offices biggest fear

Can't wait and if they don't get enough votes at the end to 'get in' ,it'll be mixed feelings on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭notsocutehoor

Grand job. I'd better delete the rest of it as it might be considered a word I'm no longer allowed to use

Post edited by notsocutehoor on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What about the damage going on at the moment to health and housing?

The problem with SF's housing policy is pretty much the same as everyone else's and that is a lack of builders

Maths again,in their case,counting builders isn't a strong point

Other than that its experimental

One big maths fact is when supply is greater than demand,price falls

Something that of course can't happen soon with a lack of builders exacerbated by SF's serial objecting

Are their proposed budgets not checked by dept of finance,for accuracy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Mostly the Department of Finance has not been able to correct Sinn Féin’s homework because it was like a question on trigonometry being answered by an explanation of how to add.

SF serial objecting relates to buy to let and vulture funds which of course you already know but don't want to mention.

I don't care what they are and not all of them are that ,9000 at last count were objected to by last year and rising all of which is adding to demand not meeting supply and high rent

Not a good idea when builders are also in short supply constraining what can be built anyway

Of that 9000,at present levels of purchase over last 12months,how many would been bought up to rent....or how many would been on public land

Supply will never meet demand,when outside capital is given free reign by our rulers to outbid those living here (hence how those on average wage,cant afford to buy an average home in dublin and likely same effect in rest of state before xmas)....surely a child could see this,we are going nowhere without banning them first

• Registered Users Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well, we are at least making progress, in that the policy of SF serial objecting has at least been acknowledged.

I have always acknowledged it and said why SF do what they did. Do you agree with why they are objecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

They have also objected to build to buy housing as well, loads of examples of this.

If SF had any interest in housing and their main interest wasn't keeping supply as bad as possible, they'd negotiate with the developers instead of blocking

They already tell developers in private to ignore what they say in public

That should tell you what they really think of their potential voters and what they think might be the effects of their policies

They're a sham

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

These two sentences contradict each other, you must surely see that.

If SF had any interest in housing and their main interest wasn't keeping supply as bad as possible, they'd negotiate with the developers instead of blocking

And yet you and your buddies will seriously be considering voting for them for the lols? You're codding no one but yourself and your own minority of backslappers.

You've not addressed my post,just ranted with your sectarian anti FG feelings

Ok

Now why would SF be telling developers to ignore their public stances on housing ?

I'll tell you why,because they know they've no intention of pursuing them bar a bit of window dressing maybe

Given that gross disengeniousness, what is the real reason they object to 1000's of homes being built ? Because their mission is to try anyway to thwart supply a d prong the crisis

Of course I want them in government because, the likes of your rants will turn up from you maybe under a different user name but aimed at SF

Nothing surer

As I said yesterday, the earth doesn't change axis anywhere in the world that a promiserama party gets into government

They just get found out

• Advertisement

Surely what you are suggesting is a sham. What proof do you have that they are telling developers to ignore what they say in public?

FG are a bunch of politicians made up of various religious denominations, genders and sexualities, therefore I could not possibly be harbouring "sectarian anti FG feelings"

You're trying to suggest I'm a banned user? Why don't you spit it out instead of the snide underhanded accusation? (I am not by the way, not that it's any of your business)

You don't like the holes and flaws in your arguments being pointed out, as maybe you feel your the smartest boy in the room? Tough luck.

Prime time

Its already mentioned on this thread

I didn't discuss what you currently are,it is nothing to do with me,this is not the place to discuss posters

What I did suggest is what I expect and that is when confronted with the reality of unattainable promises,you're quite welcome to be here either as yourself or some other username to lambast the broken promises

Its what I expect

As yesterday, I've mixed feelings if SF doesn't get enough votes in the end

Hardly gets you off the hook, I'm sure I might well be crossing swords with yourself under a new alias in the future on the site too, so what? Why bring it up so?

Getting back to your original point(s) where you claim a party should be negotiating with builders, then in the very next sentence imply there doing just that (behind closed doors) , that's contradictory, that's what I pointed out.

You then went on to try and label me secretarian for calling out both the above mentioned contradiction, and for poking fun at your obvious bogus claim that you and your buddies will be voting sf for the lols.

I didn't say they're negotiating with developers did I ?

But telling them to ignore SF policy is incredible

It speaks to what we're dealing with here-promiserama

All things to all men (and women)

I didn't say they're negotiating with developers did I ?

Not quite, you just implied they're having secret meetings with developers and discussing things in private.

Pretty much negotiating then, yeah? You've not revisited your "sectarian" accusations against me? Don't blame you.

I stand over my opinion that your anti FG rant earlier was sectarian towards FG people,I've not changed my mind on that,how could I ?

Pirate crew stuff

Quite ironic

I also said SF say one thing about their policies to developers and a different thing to the public,how is that the same as saying they're negotiating with developers on plans they (SF) vote against ?

All I said is,it would be more in their line negotiating Compromises in order to expedite housing

But No that might take the ground from under them

Such stances speaks to their disingenuousness

All of this is in my posts

Its the playbook of the trump wing of the republican party in the states

Thankfully in our country news media is regulated unlike in the States

An Poblacht won't be opening up a TV channel here anytime soon to promote their promiserama

They have to promote it where it is scrutinised

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

Thing is - he didn't state that in the interview I referenced (this is several yrs ago tbh - but yes people can reduce their effective rate by making pension contributions)

• he stated a person earning 125k a year pays an effective rate of tax of X% (I think it was mid to high 20s)
    • he did not state that he was referencing someone 60+ maxing out AVCs
    • He did not include PRSI & USC
    • he didn't, for comparison sake, state what the effective rate for some one on 20k, 30k, 40k etc was

some would say that's disingenuous I'd say its (the first 3 points combined) a complete falsehood.

• Advertisement

I stand over my opinion that your anti FG rant earlier was sectarian towards FG people,I've not changed my mind on that,how could I ?

I've seen the pointless and prettiness of what can only be described as "tribal" on these threads (it's not unique to this site to be fair), however if someone is going to accuse me of "sectarianism", I'll make a stand and ask them to withdraw that remark.

For me to be making sectarian remarks against you or your posts, you'd have to be either a different opposing religion of mine, I've no idea your religion, nor you would have of mine, so therefore that can't possibly be true. The other side of that one is as you added on the "FG" tag to try and boost your sectarian accusation, that would imply that Fine Gael are a sect, and you personally are a very strong supporter of them.

Neither of the above scenarios could possibly be true, I already discussed how FG as a party has many mixed religious denominations, and I do not know your own, nor you mine, so we can rule that out, and as you've outed yourself as a potential floating voter.

A good proportion of them are all set to do it deliberately including me at this stage

That's further proof your allegation is utter nonsense. Unless of course you were'nt serious, which, considering you seemed to have taken offence on me calling it out, would be extremely odd behaviour. Sect like even.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll bid you and your overtly condescending posts a goodnight.

Advertisement