Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Micheal picks and chooses which years violence was acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

picture this and many houses that were burnt by loyalist scum aided by their pals in the UDR/RUC, would you have just stood by and say carry on or would you have stood up these terrorists with the only way they understood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

As I try to lighten the mood on various topics, here is one for the Mary Lou supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Another example of SF/PIRA trying to live in a world created by their own brain farts.

The thing is, no one stands by and says what the Loyalists were up to was a good thing and defends it. One can walk and chew gum at the same time. The loyalists are scum in my opinion, so are the PIRA crew.

However, the PIRA are defended everyday of the week. Your comments is an example of this.

Those that defend the PIRA never defend what they did because it's indefensible, but they point to the loyalists and say "They made us do it". As in it, killing innocent civilians, women and children.

Fun fact 1, the PIRA kill more children in the Troubles than all other belligerents

Fun fact 2, the PIRA killed more OAP's than all other belligerents COMBINED!

By the way, planting bombs in civilian areas is a War Crime, yet people like yourself try and minimise and whatabout this.

Example..

John Hume says it best..

• Advertisement

i noticed you never answered the question, just giving out about the IRA, who disbanded years ago. Am I to take it, you would do nothing if your house was getting burnt down, your neighbours/family getting murdered and tortured by loyalists aided by their buddies in the RUC.UDR,BA or would you fight back?

https://twitter.com/MRGREENHANDGre1/status/1556692592179429377

This is what the Nationalist community had to put up with, scum like this. Should have been jailed for those comments. Remind yourself these were the guys with the power, no amount of marching was going to change that.

I noticed that this is a thread about SF and by that extension the PIRA. This is not a thread about the UDA or whatever other paramilitary group you want to 'whatabout'.

At the end of the day, SF/PIRA murdered and mained all around the island of Ireland and the British mainland.

They killed women and children.

They committed war crimes.

No amount of 'but but the UDA' can excuse that*

*The UDA can **** off too as far as I am concerned, but no one is asking me to vote for them or their political cousins.

Charles Poots was a Sectarian Bigot. He can **** right off as far as I am concered.

However, it doesn't justify the PIRA killing civilians, women, children and committing war crimes.

See, I condemn both equally. You seem to excuse war crimes committed by one side because there were bigots on the other. THATs the difference.

Another good poll last weekend for Mary Lou and co, combined with the good polling in the 6 counties last week, means Mary Lou and Michelle will be enjoying the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

The public don't care. (They're more interested in present day problems like housing and health)

The politicans don't care either, if they did they'd treat all troubles related atrocities equally, and not (as we witnessed Leo do recently) try and score points from Republican atrocities only. While ignoring loyalist/British ones.

You should really keep harping on about the Provos Mark despite the GFA being a done deal now for what, close to 25y now? Have a look at the last couple of election results and opinion polls. "The IRA" card that's repeatedly being played is working out marvellously. (Just not the way FFG intend it to)

Im harping on about it because MoN in her wisdom brought it up and basically said, in relation to SF/PIRA violence that the unionists made them do it. And when I say it, I ,mean murder and war crimes.

Funny though how most nationalists in the North didn't join the IRA and wanted nothing to do with SF/PIRA... odd that...

This is why there is a big orchestrated campaign against the SDLP and John Hume.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Are you suggesting that the IRA formed within some sort of a societal vacuum?

And that despite this being a society in which nationalist and catholics were discriminated against, beaten and murdered to an excruciating level by the State and other State actors, had no hand or part in the formation of the same organisation?

Do better with your faux outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

In what world is there any sort of orchestrated campaign against John Hume?!

Any evidence whatsoever for that claim?! One or two nutters rambling on twitter is the best I suspect you'll be able to come up with.....which I think we can all agree is hardly an orchestrated campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Centenary of death of Arthur Griffith today I see, founder of Sinn Féin and not even a twitter on the official website or out of any of the usual reps. That I've heard of anyway: https://www.sinnfein.ie/newsroom and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sinn_F%C3%A9in

I suppose Arthur's views of a Sinn Féin that claims roots back to his party, might not be to their liking. A pragmatic & largely peaceful man who didn't engage in the 1916 rising and who went and did the deal with London, whilst the back stabber Dev and his pals hung back.

I see that Indo journalist Philip Ryan playing a blinder yet again, for the Shinners cause on Newstalk this morning on Pat Kenny. Just can’t help himself is poor Philip.

Ah yes, tumbleweed as regard Arthur Griffith's legacy. I suppose it does show one thing which we kinda knew anyway.. than when the modern Sinn Féin / IRA claim their legacy back to 1916 etc., they're talking a load of bollox. If they had any genuine connection, they'd surely be marking the death of their founder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭mikethecop

(1) Cllr. David McManus 🇮🇪 (@McManusDavid) / Twitter

Today crowds will gather in Glasnevin to commemorate Arthur Griffith & Michael Collins, pro-Treaty predecessors to Cumann na nGaedheal @FineGael

Meanwhile, Mary Lou's Sinn Féin will commemorate her IRA idol & Nazi collaborator Seán Russell - died today in 1940 on a Nazi U-boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Kinda like Sinn Fein claiming the name Sinn Fein

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Sf and its sponsors have long wished to overrun the Indo with its Sf lights, considering, 20 years back when the Indo was a constant pain in the Sf side.

Dan.

That word salad makes no sense, Philip Ryan ran with a story that was bogus and completely fabricated to be incorrect , and he was subsequently pulled on same.

He (Ryan) managed to get Paschal Donohoe and Newstalk embroiled in it also, for bonus points.

The story was a pack of lies Nigel. Even a blind man could see who came off silly on the back of it.

That fella McManus got some mocking for that tweet, surprised to see anyone actually linking to it on this site, with such stupidity on display.

Besides, I thought the general consensus was that the IRA (the good IRA of the Collins era) were not part of modern day Sinn Fein history? So in actual fact this Russel fella, "Nazi collaborator" (the narrative perpetuated by the same idiots lapping up cllr McManus daily nonsense) is of the same "good IRA" that FFG claim lineage to? But because Russel had undergone training with Nazis (not because he had any underlying nazi ideologies, rather the enemy's enemy is my friend approach) Modern day Sinn Fein can keep him lol?

They are shameless as to how they pick and choose heroes and villains to score points, same thing with victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

I expect the Shinners will up the mimimum wage. What other costs do we expect them to put or increase on businesses?

by mocking you mean attacked by the usual shinnerbot trolls on twitter as per every tweet critical of the "party"

party directives to re writing history wouldn't change the fact that your party leader was glorifying some one who died on a nazi u boat while miserably failing in his mission and in the pay of hitler

mlm choose to be there regardless of actual historical facts and attached herself to a nazi collaborator

ye should try rewriting history in a more believable way next time

No, I mean mocked. As he constantly is for his stupidity.

party directives to re writing history wouldn't change the fact that your party leader was glorifying some one who died on a nazi u boat while miserably failing in his mission and in the pay of hitler

I have no "party leader" Mike, and if memory serves me correctly, you were the poster nearly peed his pants because someone assumed he was a FG voter/supporter. Nice to see you uphold you own high standards when it comes to assumptions and stereotyping though.

mlm choose to be there regardless of actual historical facts and attached herself to a nazi collaborator

There is zero evidence to back up any suggestion (circulated and populated by FG ) that Russell was a Nazi collaborator, as in he had any Nazi sympathetic views, in fact I think most political historians agree that Russell was absolutely clear on how he felt towards Nazism. If it is all the same to you, I'll take the word of these historians over someone who didn't know what an over all majority was.

ye should try rewriting history in a more believable way next time

I didn't rewrite history at all, and with respect I think the point of my post actually went over your head.

McManus is literally on record of suggesting modern day SF have no connection with or to the IRA that his and the FF party claim as part of their own party's history, and by this, making Sean Russell part of their history.

And I'll sign off with this. When it comes to history revisionism and Nazi collaboration, Cllr McManus would do well to Google "Eoin O'Duffy" (him being founding member of McManus' party) his relationship with Franco, and then maybe ask for an explanation as to why there's no mention of him on his party's history page.

Now before I'm accused of taking the thread off topic, the above, (and it was you linking to his tweets), is merely my proof of his constant and consistent stupidity. Basically don't throw stones if you live in a glass House.

Post edited by shirrup on

So where do you find the official version of modern Sinn Féin history? The website www.sinnfein.ie is silent on the matter.

A party must know what it's roots are and where & when it started and by whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Connolly House, would be a good place to start……..Oh wait…….not even the light gets out of that place.

My mistake!!!

• Advertisement

wouldn't that make it harder to constantly re write history to hide its crimes and claim attachment to historical events it had no part in ?

Advertisement