Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

They have already came out this week and said it was a disgrace that the meeting this week went ahead.

Irish language act was enough but the DUP talking to the UVF etc isn't considering what those groups did?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    Your issue is that they are working with active terrorists. Surely SF should make a stand on it.

The responsibility for that (working with active paramilitaries) lies with the signatories of the GFA - the two sovereign governments. One of those governments uses the DUP to keep it in power and the other invites them to party conferences and doesn't criticise them.

But you want SF to take action? That'd be fairly typical alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Irish language act was enough but the DUP talking to the UVF etc isn't considering what those groups did?

You may put down the fishing rod, your making a fool outta yourself

It wasn't just because of the Irish language.

And tell us, what happened when they did? Who were FG most vocal in criticising?

The responsibility for that (working with active paramilitaries) lies with the signatories of the GFA - the two sovereign governments. One of thse governments uses the DUP to keep it in power and the other invites them to party conferences and doesn't criticise them.

But you want SF to take action? That'd be fairly typical alright.

I don't actually want them to collapse it. The point of Stormont is to maintain the status quo.

From the outside looking in this would seem a better reason than the previous.

• Advertisement

It wasn't just because of the Irish language.

And tell us, what happened when they did? Who were FG most vocal in criticising?

What have FG opinions got to do with it?

Irish Language Act versus working with the very people that targetted their own community in a quite a vicious manner. It's the logic behind this I'm curious about.

I don't actually want them to collapse it. The point of Stormont is to maintain the status quo.

From the outside looking in this would seem a better reason than the previous.

It isn't SF's job to investigate links. It is the job of the two governments. AGAIN, one of those governments uses the DUP to maintain power and the other invites it to party conferences and doesn't criticise them or use the facilities in the GFA to censure them for many anti GFA actions. They won't work with a signatory of the GFA but have no issue with a party who have NEVER signed up to it and actively tried to destroy it.

As some would say around here jh79...put the shovel down.

It isn't SF's job to investigate links. It is the job of the two governments. AGAIN, one of those governments uses the DUP to maintain power and the other invites it to party conferences and doesn't criticise them or use the facilities in the GFA to censure them for many anti GFA actions. They won't work with a signatory of the GFA but have no issue with a party who have NEVER signed up to it and actively tried to destroy it.

As some would say around here jh79...put the shovel down.

I do agree with you the FG should stay away from the DUP just as they should with SF given the similarities between the two.

I do agree with you the FG should stay away from the DUP just as they should with SF given the similarities between the two.

The very fact (already posted) that SF have signed up to the GFA and met it's terms and the DUP haven't and are actively trying and have tried to destroy it, make them distinctly different parties.

The shovel jh79!

The very fact (already posted) that SF have signed up to the GFA and met it's terms and the DUP haven't and are actively trying and have tried to destroy it, make them distinctly different parties.

The shovel jh79!

DUP have links to active terrorists and criminals , SF have links to former terrorist and active criminals. Both are sectarian. So hardly distinctly different.

• Advertisement

DUP have links to active terrorists and criminals , SF have links to former terrorists and active criminals.

There is your distinction jh79. How predictable it is that you think it insignificant. FG obviously agree with you.

Thanks for illustrating that so beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

DUP have links to active terrorists and criminals , SF have links to former terrorist and active criminals. Both are sectarian. So hardly distinctly different.

FG have had TDs who were linked to organised crime and certain well known criminals openly gave their support to FG,

There is your distinction jh79. How predictable it is that you think it insignificant. FG obviously agree with you.

Thanks for illustrating that so beautifully.

Jaysus , did you miss the bit about criminals?

You might think that Good Republicans should be allowed rob and murder with impunity because they killed "Prods" for the cause but i certainly don't.

Jaysus , did you miss the bit about criminals?

You might think that Good Republicans should be allowed rob and murder with impunity because they killed "Prods" for the cause but i certainly don't.

Did you read about the FG criminals this week? Did you hear about the FG criminals in my constituency in Monaghan?

The 'good republican' isn't a member of SF as far as I know.

But sure if it helps you deflect away from the core point, work away, don't forget your shovel...

Did you read about the FG criminals this week? Did you hear about the FG criminals in my constituency in Monaghan?

The 'good republican' isn't a member of SF as far as I know.

But sure if it helps you deflect away from the core point, work away, don't forget your shovel...

I hadn't heard what happened but according to Google he is no longer in the party.

If the Good Republican has no links to SF why did they support him? What relationship exists between him and SF?

Tax evasion cases are hardly unique what was special about that one?

I hadn't heard what happened but according to Google he is no longer in the party.

If the Good Republican has no links to SF why did they support him? What relationship exists between him and SF?

Tax evasion cases are hardly unique what was special about that one?

What 'support'?

Adams was asked for an opinion on him and gave it. Other than that I haven't seen the SF party officially support him.

That's as far as I am going with your deflection away from the embarrassing for FG and the government point I was making.

What 'support'?

Adams was asked for an opinion on him and gave it. Other than that I haven't seen the SF party officially support him.

That's as far as I am going with your deflection away from the embarrassing for FG and the government point I was making.

Why him though? He's not a member of SF yet Adams shows him support. And it wasn't just Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

FG have had TDs who were linked to organised crime and certain well known criminals openly gave their support to FG,
    FG hoping Stormont collapses,

FG has had links to the UDA since the 70s,

Fake news 1,2,3..

A+ plus for effort, but you get an F for Facts on this one I am afraid.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Fake news 1,2,3..

Overtime rates at weekend?

I've met Heather Humphries countless times and have no links to FG...met Arlene Foster several times at events too...mad eh?

The digging implement jh79...put it down!

The former leader describes him as a "Good Republican", current one has met him 3 times and describes him as a "nice man" yet he has nothing to do with SF!

C'mon Francie, we all known your posting history and that anything goes for the cause. Why not be honest and say you don't care what Slab has done in the past.

The former leader describes him as a "Good Republican", current one has met him 3 times and describes him as a "nice man" yet he has nothing to do with SF!

C'mon Francie, we all known your posting history and that anything goes for the cause. Why not be honest and say you don't care what Slab has done in the past.

I care about it in the same way as I care about what the IRA did...whom I didn't support.

Why would we believe you care when you support FG here at every opportunity. They are consorting with the DUP who are currently engaging with proscribed paramilitary entities and one of their senior ministers has invented terrorists threats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

markodaly wrote: »
    Fake news 1,2,3..

Penguin, Regency hotel trial,
    FG government met with UDA after Dublin/Monaghan bombings,
    FG have always favoured direct rule in the North,
    So what isn't fact?

I care about it in the same way as I care about what the IRA did...whom I didn't support.

Why would we believe you care when you support FG here at every opportunity. They are consorting with the DUP who are currently engaging with proscribed paramilitary entities and one of their senior ministers has invented terrorists threats

Us the relationship between FG and the DUP on-going or based in that single event?

Can you give an example where FG have shown support for convicted criminals like SF have?

Francie, you're hardly that deluded that you think FG are similar to SF when it comes to violence and criminality?

Us the relationship between FG and the DUP on-going or based in that single event?

Can you give an example where FG have shown support for convicted criminals like SF have?

Francie, you're hardly that deluded that you think FG are similar to SF when it comes to violence and criminality?

FG have approx 90 years start on SF moving away from conflict and war.

I have no delusions about where SF have come from jh79...I was only able to vote for them for the first time in the last general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has the largest opposition party come out to condemn the violence today against AGS during a protest?

walshb wrote: »
    Has the largest opposition party come out to condemn the violence today against AGS during a protest?

https://twitter.com/MaryLouMcDonald/status/1365723374866079744?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Advertisement