Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

If SF apologised for the IRA I'd lose some respect for them.

Speaking of living in the past....theres no IRA anymore.
    Maybe MM will apologise on everyone's behalf...

The IRA was not disbanded.

And still has quite a list of murder and violence to its name over the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    There isn't a hope in hell of either a picture or statue of Sands or McGuinness during my lifetime.

There won't be a united Ireland either until an apology is made to the unionist community by Sinn Fein.

Heh? Unionists killed more than the IRA, what kind of fuked up world do FGers live in?

And still has quite a list of murder and violence to its name over the last 20 years.

I'm sure the PSNI and the Garda will take your statement,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the lies bandied around here

I'm sure the PSNI and the Garda will take your statement,

They don't need it. Thats their information in the first place.

• Advertisement

They don't need it. Thats their information in the first place.

So where are the court cases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes they were. They didn't ride off into the sunset and are still among us.

Anecdotally?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes they were. They didn't ride off into the sunset and are still among us.

Anecdotally?

No.... names listed in the ‘Good Republican Handbook’ available in all good bookshops. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No.... names listed in the ‘Good Republican Handbook’ available in all good bookshops. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, the PSNI and the Gardai have been consistent and clear that the Army Council is still in place.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/ira-armed-and-still-gathering-intelligence-opponents-says-leaked-mi5-psni-assessment-3054267

Yes, structure still active, but just trying a different tactic for the present. Policies can change, which is the problem. And even then, while reduced, there is still far too much murder and terrorism since the 'ceasefire' to take these guys seriously.

• Advertisement

So where are the court cases?

What ?

Yes, structure still active, but just trying a different tactic for the present. Policies can change, which is the problem. And even then, while reduced, there is still far too much murder and terrorism since the 'ceasefire' to take these guys seriously.

By 'tactic' do you mean standing down and signing up to peace and joining SF in the democratic election process, (which was arguable always a goal)? By 'at present' do you mean since 1998? :)

Seems some have issue with the competition.

The fallout from the Roy Greenslade affair continues.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-did-roy-greenslade-demonise-me-when-i-accused-an-ira-member-of-rape-

"And then, two weeks after I waived my lifetime right to anonymity, Roy Greenslade decided to attempt to throw a cloak of caution around my credibility. In a Guardian article, headlined ‘BBC Programme on IRA rape allegations flawed by lack of political balance’, Greenslade questioned why the programme did not disclose my brief membership of a political dissident group – 13 years after I was abused.

‘Critics suggest that Spotlight’s presenter and producer were too willing to accept Cahill’s story and did not point to countervailing evidence,’ he wrote. ‘That is not to say that she was not raped. Nor does it negate her view that the IRA handled her complaint clumsily and insensitively.’

After attacking the ‘lack of balance’ in the BBC NI piece, he then took it upon himself to list my political history – some of it inaccurate – which he viewed as highly relevant when discussing my brutal experience of abuse, and of the IRA and Sinn Fein’s treatment of me as a result.

Strange (and some would say hypocritical) that he did not disclose in the same piece, his own secret long-held support for the IRA. I appeared on countless live TV and radio programmes, and answered all questions put to me, which is more than any of the IRA members involved in my case did. Women’s Aid, the Rape Crisis centre, and countless editorials provided public support. Greenslade chose instead to bemoan the media treatment of Gerry Adams.

The BBC programme and its acclaimed journalist went on to win a plethora of prestigious accolades, including two RTS awards for its programme. Meanwhile, Greenslade flogged a dead horse and continued to criticise it in a number of subsequent blogs.

My previous political affiliations, long gone by the time of the programme, had no more bearing on my rape than my later position as an Irish Labour senator when in Government, or my time as an SDLP councillor. That Greenslade chose to conflate it illustrated for me the depths to which some would plunge in attempting to deflect attention from the real issue: my treatment at the hands of the IRA and Sinn Fein."

This is powerful stuff from Mairia Cahill, recounting how the secret IRA supporter in the media took her down with his dissembling and off-topic mumblings. The lies he peddled are still repeated to this day, including regularly on these boards.

It is time we drew a line under the snide attempts to damage Mairia Cahill and the accusers put back in their box. I expect she will get an apology from the Guardian now, but I doubt there will be any posted on here.

What ?

You claim killings and bombings so where are the court cases?

The fallout from the Roy Greenslade affair continues.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-did-roy-greenslade-demonise-me-when-i-accused-an-ira-member-of-rape-

"And then, two weeks after I waived my lifetime right to anonymity, Roy Greenslade decided to attempt to throw a cloak of caution around my credibility. In a Guardian article, headlined ‘BBC Programme on IRA rape allegations flawed by lack of political balance’, Greenslade questioned why the programme did not disclose my brief membership of a political dissident group – 13 years after I was abused.

‘Critics suggest that Spotlight’s presenter and producer were too willing to accept Cahill’s story and did not point to countervailing evidence,’ he wrote. ‘That is not to say that she was not raped. Nor does it negate her view that the IRA handled her complaint clumsily and insensitively.’

After attacking the ‘lack of balance’ in the BBC NI piece, he then took it upon himself to list my political history – some of it inaccurate – which he viewed as highly relevant when discussing my brutal experience of abuse, and of the IRA and Sinn Fein’s treatment of me as a result.

Strange (and some would say hypocritical) that he did not disclose in the same piece, his own secret long-held support for the IRA. I appeared on countless live TV and radio programmes, and answered all questions put to me, which is more than any of the IRA members involved in my case did. Women’s Aid, the Rape Crisis centre, and countless editorials provided public support. Greenslade chose instead to bemoan the media treatment of Gerry Adams.

The BBC programme and its acclaimed journalist went on to win a plethora of prestigious accolades, including two RTS awards for its programme. Meanwhile, Greenslade flogged a dead horse and continued to criticise it in a number of subsequent blogs.

My previous political affiliations, long gone by the time of the programme, had no more bearing on my rape than my later position as an Irish Labour senator when in Government, or my time as an SDLP councillor. That Greenslade chose to conflate it illustrated for me the depths to which some would plunge in attempting to deflect attention from the real issue: my treatment at the hands of the IRA and Sinn Fein."

This is powerful stuff from Mairia Cahill, recounting how the secret IRA supporter in the media took her down with his dissembling and off-topic mumblings. The lies he peddled are still repeated to this day, including regularly on these boards.

It is time we drew a line under the snide attempts to damage Mairia Cahill and the accusers put back in their box. I expect she will get an apology from the Guardian now, but I doubt there will be any posted on here.

Shamima is looking for a safe haven, FG any senate seats handy?

Are you closing your account?

TBF, if a line is drawn under it you'll find it difficult to continue abusing the woman and using her for 'debate'.

Shamima is looking for a safe haven, FG any senate seats handy?

What?

You claim killings and bombings so where are the court cases?

Whats the angle ? Without court cases they didnt happen ?

This is quite a list, from just one branch :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Real_Irish_Republican_Army_actions

Whats the angle ? Without court cases they didnt happen ?

This is quite a list, from just one branch :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Real_Irish_Republican_Army_actions

Thats the Real IRA not the Provos, Maria Cahills crew

Thats the Real IRA not the Provos, Maria Cahills crew

Thats People's front of Judea stuff. IRA terrorists, the bottom line.

• Advertisement

Thats People's front of Judea stuff. IRA terrorists, the bottom line.

So the Labour Party is also on your list having Official IRA members?

Did the official ira ever decommission?

Not that I know of,

'official'. :D

Its ludicrous isnt it ? Official according to whom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The Fianna Fail Front arrived into the Dáil armed believe it or not. And no the weapons were allowed rust away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Sinn Fein urges councillor Paddy Holohan to remove post backing beauty salon owner

https://www.independent.ie/news/sinn-fein-urges-councillor-paddy-holohan-to-remove-post-backing-beauty-salon-owner-40136910.html

it seems like he's deleted them https://www.facebook.com/paddyholohanofficial/ he still needs a talking to

the guys has other things to worry about his wife had a kid this week.

i thought he had deleted them but it seems he has two facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/paddy.holohan.5 and he hasn't deleted the posts

Eoin O Broin says he should delete the posts adhere to public heath guidelines https://www.independent.ie/news/councillor-paddy-holohan-doing-himself-and-his-community-a-disservice-says-sinn-fein-td-40146084.html

maccored wrote: »
    the lies bandied around here

So not lies actually? If we come back to the core issue from deflection like court cases or the Labour Party, or Judean Peoples Front hairsplitting. The IRA still exist, and have a dreadful list of murder and terrorism despite claiming to be on 'ceasefire'.

i thought he had deleted them but it seems he has two facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/paddy.holohan.5 and he hasn't deleted the posts

Eoin O Broin says he should delete the posts adhere to public heath guidelines https://www.independent.ie/news/councillor-paddy-holohan-doing-himself-and-his-community-a-disservice-says-sinn-fein-td-40146084.html

That type of stuff from Paddy Holohan only encourages the idiots we saw at the weekend.

So not lies actually? If we come back to the core issue from deflection like court cases or the Labour Party, or Judean Peoples Front hairsplitting. The IRA still exist, and have a dreadful list of murder and terrorism despite claiming to be on 'ceasefire'.

So by your concept of the IRA Heather Humphreys is a member of the UVF as her grandfather signed the Ulster Covenant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

So by your concept of the IRA Heather Humphreys is a member of the UVF as her grandfather signed the Ulster Covenant

It gets confusing if you drill down that far given Mary Lou was once in Fianna Fáil rising and following charlie as was that Andrews fella :D

Advertisement