Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

So not lies actually? If we come back to the core issue from deflection like court cases or the Labour Party, or Judean Peoples Front hairsplitting. The IRA still exist, and have a dreadful list of murder and terrorism despite claiming to be on 'ceasefire'.

the pira went on ceasefire and disbanded. not any other ira.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That type of stuff from Paddy Holohan only encourages the idiots we saw at the weekend.

the right wingers who have aided the government by making any protest look like a riot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nobotty wrote: »
    It gets confusing if you drill down that far given Mary Lou was once in Fianna Fáil rising and following charlie as was that Andrews fella :D

And the former Labour leader who defected to FG in the 80s, the Toad from the Healy Rae (FF) Kingdom seems to have opened a can of worms for all,

maccored wrote: »
    the right wingers who have aided the government by making any protest look like a riot?

Do you not think that in a week when lockdown fatigue seemed to be rising the events of Saturday look well timed,

Do you not think that in a week when lockdown fatigue seemed to be rising the events of Saturday look well timed,

i would say a lot of people at that were business owners who are losing their livelihoods. I dont know as I wasnt there.

perfect place for a few fascists all the same to obstruct everything and make it look bad to oppose the government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-fein-mp-hazzards-china-solidarity-tweet-prompts-backlash-40141595.html

I see Sinn Fein have solidarity with Chinese government oppression.

"SDLP South Belfast MP Claire Hanna said she had a "genuine question" for the Sinn Fein leadership following the tweet.

"Does this solidarity extend to the Uyghurs who are experiencing egregious human rights abuses, including concentration camps and forced sterilisation, at the hands of the government," she said.

"Amnesty International UK's Northern Ireland Programme Director Patrick Corrigan said that his solidarity was "with the Uighur and Kazakh Muslims of Xinjiang, a million of whom have been put in mass internment camps for “re-education” at Xi’s direction".

His Amnesty colleague Grainne Teggart asked if Mr Hazzard had "any comment on egregious human rights abuses? Draconian national security law? The internment and persecution of 1 million Uighur and Kazakh Muslims? The list goes on".

Another one who shouldn't be let out, the list gets lengthier by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

That's approaching QAnon territory line of thinking there.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-fein-mp-hazzards-china-solidarity-tweet-prompts-backlash-40141595.html

I see Sinn Fein have solidarity with Chinese government oppression.

"SDLP South Belfast MP Claire Hanna said she had a "genuine question" for the Sinn Fein leadership following the tweet.

"Does this solidarity extend to the Uyghurs who are experiencing egregious human rights abuses, including concentration camps and forced sterilisation, at the hands of the government," she said.

"Amnesty International UK's Northern Ireland Programme Director Patrick Corrigan said that his solidarity was "with the Uighur and Kazakh Muslims of Xinjiang, a million of whom have been put in mass internment camps for “re-education” at Xi’s direction".

His Amnesty colleague Grainne Teggart asked if Mr Hazzard had "any comment on egregious human rights abuses? Draconian national security law? The internment and persecution of 1 million Uighur and Kazakh Muslims? The list goes on".

Another one who shouldn't be let out, the list gets lengthier by the day.
    In response a Sinn Fein spokesperson said the party was "opposed to the suppression of any ethnic or religious grouping on the basis of their culture or belief system".

SF people have different outlooks and beliefs. I know thats the opposite of the 'cult' claims, but its called being a properly democratic party with people who have slightly differing views on the myrid of things you find in life. The party itself is pretty clear on its stance on China's oppression.

i would say a lot of people at that were business owners who are losing their livelihoods. I dont know as I wasnt there.

perfect place for a few fascists all the same to obstruct everything and make it look bad to oppose the government

Few dirty fifties and job done?

im not saying it was anything like it - i just find that when people are getting fed up, starting to show it and theres a demostration, the point of the demonstration (which I assume is people and businesses fearing a longer lockdown) is lost and instead classed as an anti-vax demo (which maybe it was) with a bit of violence thrown in for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

its called being a properly democratic party

How can the political wing of a terrorist organisation be called a properly democratic party?

So by your concept of the IRA Heather Humphreys is a member of the UVF as her grandfather signed the Ulster Covenant

So what you're saying is you're a lobster?

How would you possibly make out any thing about H H from what I have posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

One of the organisers is the daughter of a prominent SF activist, where does she fit into this conspiracy ;) ?

jh79 wrote: »
    One of the organisers is the daughter of a prominent SF activist, where does she fit into this conspiracy ;) ?

No conspiracy, some dimwits decide to have an ill advised march, not my thing but there's never a shortage of stupid and easily led people, knowing this and knowing that idiocy like misery loves company and the possibility of bigger marches slipping a few fifties to a few skangers to spice things up and put the frighteners on future protests isn't that big of a leap

How can the political wing of a terrorist organisation be called a properly democratic party?

what 'terrorist' organisation are SF the political wing of?

How dare you suggest that any Sinn Fein member was involved in any illegal activity without a court conviction signed in triplicate by all members of the Supreme Court.

How dare you suggest that any Sinn Fein member was involved in any illegal activity without a court conviction signed in triplicate by all members of the Supreme Court.

so its illegal to organise a protest now? Speaks volumes of how the mind of blanch152 works ....

if - and im saying this totally admitting I have no idea the point behind the protest - it was organised as a general protest against lockdown and if the rioting was set up by others - how does that suggest the organisers wanted the same outcome?

plus why would you assume someones daughter would have the same political outlook as her parent? You're taking a lot for granted there.

if - and im saying this totally admitting I have no idea the point behind the protest - it was organised as a general protest against lockdown and if the rioting was set up by others - how does that suggest the organisers wanted the same outcome?

plus why would you assume someones daughter would have the same political outlook as her parent? You're taking a lot for granted there.

I don't. It was just a bit of mischief as a response to the ridiculous conspiracy that FG were behind it while ignoring an actual link to a party.

I believe the daughter is a bit of a hippy and the family aren't too happy about the whole situation.

Newsworthy twitter account wasn't too happy with the NI SF councillor contacting a non-SF member of the Oireachtas to see if they could get the tweet removed!

so its illegal to organise a protest now? Speaks volumes of how the mind of blanch152 works ....

I thought it was under the new regulations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They always were.
    And the IRA themselves after they signed up to peace and engaged in the democratic process. Like FF/FG before them.

While I don't agree with their ideals, we should never dismiss or deny the right to protest.
    That's one reason I no longer support Labour and a big problem with the like of Fine Gael who demonise anyone speaks out.

Suggests Charlie Flanagan must be anti-Semitic.

I thought it was under the new regulations?

Indeed, it is illegal under the new regulations.

However, that never stopped Sinn Fein in the past.

Indeed, it is illegal under the new regulations.

However, that never stopped Sinn Fein in the past.

So Holohan was, wasn't involved but inspired the protest..
    SF weren't involved but the daughter of a shinner was allegedly...
    And SF broke protest rules in the past?

Really struggling to put the protest on SF. Trying too hard IMO.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/nilga-chief-councils-are-setting-prudent-rates-so-that-we-can-deliver-key-services-across-northern-ireland-3151534

Once again it is do as I say not as I do with Sinn Fein.

Across Northern Ireland, they are increasing taxes on ordinary people with increases in household rates. Down here, they refuse to increase the equivalent LPT to do something to help the homeless.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/nilga-chief-councils-are-setting-prudent-rates-so-that-we-can-deliver-key-services-across-northern-ireland-3151534

Across Northern Ireland, they are increasing taxes on ordinary people with increases in household rates. Down here, they refuse to increase the equivalent LPT to do something to help the homeless.

More made up spin. It's smacks of desperation.

This makes no sense by the way;

In one jurisdiction you claim wanting low LPT directly effects homelessness and SF are cool with that.
    On the other side of it you cite a different jurisdiction with a completely different satellite government of sorts as a comparison because they wanted to raise taxes?
    That's just silly.

what 'terrorist' organisation are SF the political wing of?

Properly surprised someone following a thread like this wouldnt know that ! Anyway, the terrorist organisation IRA, rather than a 'terrorist' organisation, is a way of the IRA exerting political influence, even if both are controlled by the army council of the IRA. Which is sort of kept quiet from people in the south, who dont really realise that their country is being influenced by unelected terrorists in a foreign country.

Properly surprised someone following a thread like this wouldnt know that ! Anyway, the terrorist organisation IRA, rather than a 'terrorist' organisation, is way of the IRA exerting political influence, even if both are controlled by the army council of the IRA. Which is sort of kept quiet from people in the south, who dont really realise that their country is being influenced by unelected terrorists in a foreign country.

It's a circular and very boring pretend 'debate'.
    Why don't you just call SF names and get it out of your system?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

[QUOTE=maccored;116452442]SF people have different outlooks and beliefs. I know thats the opposite of the 'cult' claims, but its called being a properly democratic party with people who have slightly differing views on the myrid of things you find in life. The party itself is pretty clear on its stance on China's oppression.[/QUOTE]

different than most normal people ?

:pac::pac::pac:

we know

Advertisement