Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Mairia Cahill's kangaroo court appearance took place in 2000/01.

Cahill didn't trust the RUC blanch, IRA sympathisers and RNU members typically didn't. Why do you ignore this contextual stuff? It's tedious at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Who gives a **** it's a set of flags,

you obviously dont give a **** about the complaints the unionists have in that the article blanch152 linked to. good for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cahill didn't trust the RUC blanch, IRA sympathisers and RNU members typically didn't. Why do you ignore this contextual stuff? It's tedious at this stage.

I have no issue with a frightened teenager raped by a terrorist not wanting to go to the RUC. That I can understand but not necessarily agree with.

What I do have a huge issue with are the actions of the adults around her, all leading lights in Sinn Fein and the PIRA. There is no excuse for them, no understanding necessary, just revulsion at the way they treated that poor girl.

If you have a problem with that, well I leave it there.

I have no issue with a frightened teenager raped by a terrorist not wanting to go to the RUC. That I can understand but not necessarily agree with.

What I do have a huge issue with are the actions of the adults around her, all leading lights in Sinn Fein and the PIRA. There is no excuse for them, no understanding necessary, just revulsion at the way they treated that poor girl.

I have and expressed problems with how nationalists in general were abandoned with regatds to policing they could trust.
    Should never have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Very commendable. If only you had the same feels for the mother and baby home survivors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I have exactly the same stance on this as I have about Gerry in the RA or British Army collusion in Dublin/Monaghan/Belturbet bombings = I don't know, and I am consistently careful to call these thing as what they are...allegations.

She has made an allegation but as a democrat I cannot take that as proof of anything as there are other people's rights involved. Somebody who turned up at court to defend himself for instance, along with the other people allegations were made against.

Ok, so you're happy to go with there not being collusion between the RUC and the Loyalist paramilitaries? Is that correct, you don't believe that happened?

Possibly, but again the context should be front and centre. It was a long time after before nationalists could sign up to policing for NI.

They could have reported it in the south....all Irish citizens

Very commendable. If only you had the same feels for the mother and baby home survivors.

What has that got to do with Maria Cahill? MC was this century and after the GFA. No excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Ok, so you're happy to go with there not being collusion between the RUC and the Loyalist paramilitaries? Is that correct, you don't believe that happened?

That is not correct.

I also see Mary Lou was able to get her head out of the expenses trough for 2 minutes to whinge that she doesn't trust the government to roll out the vaccine. She still expects it done though.

Someone should have told her that she won the election and made a better effort to form a government.

On a side note don't make the vaccine here, if we went outside the EU to get it we wouldn't have a prayer up against bigger countries.

• Advertisement

The anti bank sentiment SF have helped foster coming home to roost now too....the two privately owned Irish banks closing completely and closing branches...

Guess who is whinging about less banks now? Pearse Doherty!

Have you read the Stevens Inquiries and the findings of the Police Ombudsperson Nuala O'Loin?

The RUC is no more as a result. They found that there was collusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

https://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/northernirelandnews/2021/03/03/news/sinn-fe-in-say-hunger-strike-poster-will-not-be-removed-after-unionist-complaints-2241898/content.html

They really can't help themselves, can they? Finding new ways to antagonise the other side all the time.

I see the Guardian are now reviewing all of Greenslade's articles following a complaint by Mairia Cahill. The slur on her character continually propogated by a few posters around here originated from his writing. When the retraction and apology comes from the Guardian, I suppose posters will line up to similarly apologise?
    whats to review? https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/oct/28/bbc-sinn-fein

Have you read the Stevens Inquiries and the findings of the Police Ombudsperson Nuala O'Loin?

The RUC is no more as a result. They found that there was collusion.

But that wasn't in court was it? Where were all the prosecutions?

That is not correct.

Exactly

But that wasn't in court was it? Where were all the prosecutions?

Exactly.
    Do you understand a wee bit better why there might be no trust?

Exactly.
    Do you understand a wee bit better why there might be no trust?

Whats that got to do with you not believing Maria Cahill?

Whats that got to do with you not believing Maria Cahill?

Exactly, why did you ask me about it?

Exactly, why did you ask me about it?

Don't answer a question with a question.

What part of Maria Cahill's testimony do you think is bogus?

Would you support criminal charges being brought against the sinn fein members involved if what she is saying is true?

Don't answer a question with a question.

What part of Maria Cahill's testimony do you think is bogus?

Would you support criminal charges being brought against the sinn fein members involved if what she is saying is true?

Wha?

Do you guys do any research?
    Charges were brought against 4 members who turned up at court to defend themselves and released correspondence showing that they did try to help her.

P.S. YOU asked me a question about RUC collusion, I answered. When you couldn't dispute the answer you started whinging about ME going off topic. :):) Classic stuff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

The anti bank sentiment SF have helped foster coming home to roost now too....the two privately owned Irish banks closing completely and closing branches...

Guess who is whinging about less banks now? Pearse Doherty!

what two banks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That article was a disgraceful piece of nasty innuendo and nauseating homage to SF.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

That article was a disgraceful piece of nasty innuendo and nauseating homage to SF.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Thought it was her uncle in law?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

research eh ?

written by a former member of the communist party who also secretly wrote for An Phoblacht,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Greenslade

In the British Journalism Review article Greenslade stated he had secretly and explicitly supported the IRA's bombing campaign since the early 1970s.[4][13] Following these disclosures, he resigned from his post as Honorary Visiting Professor at City, University of London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Unfortunately, Sf have supporters and sleepers operating in every form of media going. It's routine for them to have back up stories on hand to counter any things the 'you know who' would view as unhelpful to them. It is a sad reflection as to where our society is going that so many still support this kind of politics.

Dan.

Unfortunately, Sf have supporters and sleepers operating in every form of media going. It's routine for them to have back up stories on hand to counter any things the 'you know who' would view as unhelpful to them. It is a sad reflection as to where our society is going that so many still support this kind of politics.

No pro FF FG GREEN etc journalists masquerading as neutral observers huh?

:):)

Sinn Féin taking action against Holohan after failure to remove Facebook post – Pearse Doherty https://www.independent.ie/podcasts/the-floating-voter/the-floating-voter-sinn-fein-taking-action-against-holohan-after-failure-to-remove-facebook-post-pearse-doherty-40163740.html
    “This fella made a comment, we told him that comment isn’t in keeping with the party’s view, we told him to withdraw it, he isn’t doing so, there’s a disciplinary procedure, the party will deal with that,” Mr Doherty told Independent.ie’s The Floating Voter podcast.

Guardian has apologised because Greenslade did not declare this under the original article about the BBC Spotlight programme about Cahill "NB: I have written in the past for An Phoblacht" https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/oct/28/bbc-sinn-fein
    which he did in subsequent articles that mentioned Cahill https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/nov/03/irish-times-gerryadams https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2015/nov/12/controversial-bbc-programme-on-ira-case-shortlisted-for-award

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

If he goes Independent they'll lose a seat. Only reason he was let in and tolerated for so long in SF was his celebrity.

Hopefully he doesn't join one of the far right parties

Advertisement