Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So the same applies to the DUP/UDA?

The UDA were wrong to carry out killings, absolutely. Why would you think that I would say otherwise?

It is difficult for some to understand this, but I consider the DUP and SF to be both sectarian parties. Only one of them is looking for my vote though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    The UDA were wrong to carry out killings, absolutely. Why would you think that I would say otherwise?

It is difficult for some to understand this, but I consider the DUP and SF to be both sectarian parties. Only one of them is looking for my vote though.
    FG want your vote and are quite happy to facilitate every whim of the DUP, SF signed up to the GFA the DUP hasnt , FG should have made that a redline in dealing with the DUP,

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-womens-day-post-sparks-row-40169424.html

"A social media post by Mary Lou McDonald marking International Women's Day has backfired after dozens of comments were posted about IRA killings of women during the Troubles."

Sinn Fein still have a lot to learn and a lot to apologise for.

Women like Ann Travers, Mairia Cahill, Jean McConville, Breege Quinn and Sheila Stack, among many others, have been treated disgracefully by Sinn Fein and it would be timely on a day like today that an apology was made to all of them.

You have to add FG and HepC, Noonans misogyny is legendary, you have to acknowledge that

FG want your vote and are quite happy to facilitate every whim of the DUP, SF signed up to the GFA the DUP hasnt , FG should have made that a redline in dealing with the DUP,

That is just silliness. There is no evidence to back up that point in bold.

Reaching out to those on the other side to listen to them is not being "happy to facilitate every whim". In fact, you are displaying quite a level of paranoia about FG engagement with the DUP. There is nothing to fear about it.

You have to add FG and HepC, Noonans misogyny is legendary, you have to acknowledge that

In response to a social media post by Mary-Lou McDonald??????

• Advertisement

In response to a social media post by Mary-Lou McDonald??????

You are picking and choosing victims, FG through trying to give money to cronies have been responsible for the deaths of many women, Noonans attitude to women still prevails among many FGers, Maria Cahill is no one's victim by the way,

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Why is this thread continuing. Is it because of misogyny? Mary Lou is a woman after all.

We're discussing weak and weedy little men apparently.

Reaching out to those on the other side to listen to them is not being "happy to facilitate every whim". In fact, you are displaying quite a level of paranoia about FG engagement with the DUP. There is nothing to fear about it.

FG posters were on here defending Gregory"BLM" Campbell, Regina's comments that Loyalist victims got what they deserved also shows FG disregard for Nationalist lives,

You are picking and choosing victims, FG through trying to give money to cronies have been responsible for the deaths of many women, Noonans attitude to women still prevails among many FGers, Maria Cahill is no one's victim by the way,

I am on the SF thread, responding to a social media post by the leader of SF, and somehow I am required to indulge in whataboutery?

As for Mairia Cahill, your comment is unbelievably disgusting after all that woman has been put through by the IRA and by SF after what she went through before that. She is one of the bravest women in Ireland for speaking out about how she was victimised by so many "good" republicans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

FG posters were on here defending Gregory"BLM" Campbell, Regina's comments that Loyalist victims got what they deserved also shows FG disregard for Nationalist lives,

do you ever post here without mentioning FG ?

I mean if the thread wasn't a sf thread .....

or are you the designated party deflector ?

• Advertisement

do you ever post here without mentioning FG ?

I mean if the thread wasn't a sf thread .....

or are you the designated party deflector ?

I personally hate FG, the lying ,the corruption the interference in the justice system so their supporters dont go to jail, wouldn't really bother me whose party thread it was, the other parties didnt do me any wrong,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Never mind the backfiring of the tweet it shows a real lack of political nous not to understand such a tweet was going to drag up uncomfortable truths for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

The lack of awareness from MacDonald is staggering. The memories of what the IRA did hasn't 'gone away you know' to part quote Mr Adams. Her post is actually insulting to all those women the IRA brought death and misery to. Hopefully she has learned a valuable lesson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

She's a dissident republican who shagged her aunties husband , played FG like a fiddle

Mod:

Shocking comment - do not post in this thread again when you come back from your holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don’t know why you offered that link as proof, strap line says collusion unproven.

It’s opinion, a chara, nothing more nothing less

Very very far from proof. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's not 'reaching out' it is endorsing by being silent and having no issues with engagement and working with the DUP while they hold the, by far and away, the most endorsed party by Irish people in Northern Ireland at arms length.
    It is undefendable.

It's not 'reaching out' it is endorsing by being silent and having no issues with engagement and working with the DUP while they hold the, by far and away, the most endorsed party by Irish people in Northern Ireland at arms length.
    It is undefendable.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/allister-hits-out-at-sinn-feins-appalling-decision-to-block-the-lighting-of-stormont-for-victims-40164151.html

"Sinn Fein have been criticised after vetoing an application to light up Parliament Buildings in memory of terror victims."

Another own goal by Sinn Fein shows clearly why they are shunned by the majority of people and politicians. The disdain and disregard for victims shown once again is the answer to why this is.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail claim to represent nationalists and republicans. That means they see no need to reach out to others on their side, but unlike those others, they are prepared to listen rather than preach, as too many members and supporters of Sinn Fein tend to do.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/allister-hits-out-at-sinn-feins-appalling-decision-to-block-the-lighting-of-stormont-for-victims-40164151.html

"Sinn Fein have been criticised after vetoing an application to light up Parliament Buildings in memory of terror victims."

Another own goal by Sinn Fein shows clearly why they are shunned by the majority of people and politicians. The disdain and disregard for victims shown once again is the answer to why this is.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail claim to represent nationalists and republicans. That means they see no need to reach out to others on their side, but unlike those others, they are prepared to listen rather than preach, as too many members and supporters of Sinn Fein tend to do.

SF out polled both FF and FG in the last election...did you miss that?

SF out polled both FF and FG in the last election...did you miss that?

That only copperfastens my point. Sinn Fein had the highest vote in the last election and won the largest number of seats, but it was a good way short of a majority. Normally, you would expect the party in that position to form a government.

However, to quote from my post "they are shunned by the majority of people and politicians" which is why they couldn't form such a government. I think many supporters of Sinn Fein have failed to realise that uncomfortable truth.

That only copperfastens my point. Sinn Fein had the highest vote in the last election and won the largest number of seats, but it was a good way short of a majority. Normally, you would expect the party in that position to form a government.

However, to quote from my post "they are shunned by the majority of people and politicians" which is why they couldn't form such a government. I think many supporters of Sinn Fein have failed to realise that uncomfortable truth.

But they aren't shunned, they work in every electoral district across the island with all other parties. It is just the hypocrisy of the likes of FG to pretend otherwise. The electoral success of SF just frightens the life out of FF and FG.

FG would prefer to 'reach out' to the DUP. That's the bottomline here.

• Advertisement

But they aren't shunned, they work in every electoral district across the island with all other parties. It is just the hypocrisy of the likes of FG to pretend otherwise. The electoral success of SF just frightens the life out of FF and FG.

When it comes to serious business, they are shunned. No question about that. Clinging to the idea that others talk to them about the number of traffic lights required in a village is cold comfort.

I can see no reason why FG should reach out to Sinn Fein. Between them, FG and FF represent more people of a nationalist viewpoint than Sinn Fein. It also makes sense for the DUP to reach out to them. And let us remember, that FG conference that bugs you so much saw FG reaching out in equal fashion to the Alliance and SDLP. Sinn Fein can't even get on with moderate parties like them.

:D:D

The electoral success of SF frightens the life out of ..........SF.

When it comes to serious business, they are shunned. No question about that. Clinging to the idea that others talk to them about the number of traffic lights required in a village is cold comfort.

I can see no reason why FG should reach out to Sinn Fein. Between them, FG and FF represent more people of a nationalist viewpoint than Sinn Fein. It also makes sense for the DUP to reach out to them. And let us remember, that FG conference that bugs you so much saw FG reaching out in equal fashion to the Alliance and SDLP. Sinn Fein can't even get on with moderate parties like them.

The Alliance and SDLP require no 'reaching out to' blanch and you know that.

Between them FF and FG represent an ever decreasing share of the vote. That should tell you that sooner rather than later it will be others turn to reach out to FF and FG. Who will likely still be muttering about events 20 or 30 years ago, while ignoring their own pasts and what was done on their own road to power.
    The politics of hypocrisy always catches up with you.

The Alliance and SDLP require no 'reaching out to' blanch and you know that.

Between them FF and FG represent an ever decreasing share of the vote. That should tell you that sooner rather than later it will be others turn to reach out to FF and FG. Who will likely still be muttering about events 20 or 30 years ago, while ignoring their own pasts and what was done on their own road to power.
    The politics of hypocrisy always catches up with you.

We all have our dreams to cling to, and you can hold on to yours, but Sinn Fein are not in government, and, if anything, are moving further away from such a place.

We all have our dreams to cling to, and you can hold on to yours, but Sinn Fein are not in government, and, if anything, are moving further away from such a place.

My only 'dream' is the breaking of the power swap, whomsoever does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

LOL!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

******breathe******

Hahahahahahahahahaha

My only 'dream' is the breaking of the power swap, whomsoever does it.

Just like Cullinane, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SFs latest crucially important crusade: why RTE showed an interview

This smacks of nothing but anti Brit!

walshb wrote: »
    SFs latest crucially important crusade: why RTE showed an interview

This smacks of nothing but anti Brit!

Fair question: Why spend 10,000 on something that could easily be seen by anyone with an interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Fair question: Why spend 10,000 on something that could easily be seen by anyone with an interest in it.

Depends on the number of viewers and revenue generated on ads as to whether it was worth it.

Advertisement