Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

When did she join up.......this morning....

As she stood for local council as a SF representative two years ago, probably not this morning, Brendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    As she stood for local council as a SF representative two years ago, probably not this morning, Brendy.

I mean as a registered practicing member of the Protestant Community, horse.

I mean as a registered practicing member of the Protestant Community, horse.

Not a clue, I'd imagine it was at some point between birth and before Leo stated that SF had no Protestant members, considering he apologised for and retracted his statement rather than noting her recent conversion and stating that it was accurate at the time it was made.

I suppose that could've been her plan all along, secretly convert to a Protestant faith just so they'd catch Leo out when he took a dig at the Shinners having no Protestants, but given Wynne's complete and utter lack of media savvy or cop on, I doubt it.

Either way, Leo's statement was entirely incorrect, which he has accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Using religious division to try score points. What a disappointing and silly public representative.
    'The flag is orange, not just green'. What a complete tool.

The SF bill to allow adoptees access their birth certs has passed the FF/FG/Greens didn't vote against it, God bless those chancers led by dethatched idiots such as Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Typical Varadker. Vomit it out there and then retract it insincerely. Ireland's Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Sf and its supporters have an odd obsession with Leo I must say!!!

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When did she join up.......this morning....

Prob just 20 mins after Leo made his brainfart bren, stopped mid flagellation, left opus dei, and became a Protestant just to annoy Leo and make him look like a dope.
    Sf and its supporters have an odd obsession with Leo I must say!!!

A, it's not just Sinn Féin supporters talking about Leo, and B, he keeps providing the material. Brain fart after brain fart he never stops letting them rip.

Prob has his very own hole in the ozone layer at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

In all fairness, Violet is pretty easy to overlook. Unless you happened to be in the finance department of a struggling charity.

It's curious the kind of behaviour shinners will grant their representatives a free pass for, while the likes of Maria Bailey get (rightly) hammered for their foolishness.

rdwight wrote: »
    In all fairness, Violet is pretty easy to overlook. Unless you happened to be in the finance department of a struggling charity.

It's curious the kind of behaviour shinners will grant their representatives a free pass for, while the likes of Maria Bailey get (rightly) hammered for their foolishness.

You're going to try and put it back on Wynne:confused:

Look it, Leo yet again tried to score a point based on religion/race or sexuality.

It doesn't matter if Wynne broke into the maternity ward in Rotunda and ate a few babies, Leo didn't have his homework done, and was yet again left with egg on his face, and having to issue an all too common apology and a retraction of his statement..

Maybe of he stopped trying to constantly point score, they wouldn't be as common?

Not a clue, I'd imagine it was at some point between birth and before Leo stated that SF had no Protestant members, considering he apologised for and retracted his statement rather than noting her recent conversion and stating that it was accurate at the time it was made.

I suppose that could've been her plan all along, secretly convert to a Protestant faith just so they'd catch Leo out when he took a dig at the Shinners having no Protestants, but given Wynne's complete and utter lack of media savvy or cop on, I doubt it.

Either way, Leo's statement was entirely incorrect, which he has accepted.

I'd say the lads will keep the head down. Only earlier their hypocrisy on the 'nefarious' outside interference was dying on it's arse :)

• Advertisement

Lovely lady

https://extra.ie/2020/02/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-rent-charity

That's MLMD with one of them Protestants now sure.

wnC3zOM-_400x400.jpg

I detect a bit of sarcasm there bren, that wouldn't happen to be because you just found out she's a Protestant?

But of the auld sectarianism seeping out maybe**?

(** Not really, but see how that auld shyte can go bren?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

McMurphy wrote: »
    I detect a bit of sarcasm there bren, that wouldn't happen to be because you just found out she's a Protestant?

there is a whole thread on here somewhere about that lady shortly after the was elected

fair going considering the family history and all

its comic gold , she was obviously posting in it herself and to be kind to her she needs all the social media training the party can give her ,

wasn't her first social media blunder either ,

I don't think her religion was ever raised mind you it was more about her financial dealing

there is a whole thread on here somewhere about that lady shortly after the was elected

its comic gold , she was obviously posting in it herself and to be kind to her she needs all the social media training the party can give her ,

I don't think her religion was ever raised mind you it was more about her financial dealing

So we're all agreed that your one is sketchy.....but does going back over that well discussed topic make Leo's blunder any better?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Surprised she is still a member of Sinn Fein. When they deselect her for the next general election, will she still count?

So we're all agreed that your one is sketchy.....but does going back over that well discussed topic make Leo's blunder any better?!

leo does seem prone to making sort of childish comments on occasion , its a bad look indeed

leo does seem prone to making sort of childish comments on occasion , its a bad look indeed

It's a bit like any of these mud slinging fights...doesn't matter who wins, everyone comes out looking dirty. It is so backwards that it's depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't know, his comment was handy enough to remind people of the existence of Violet-Anne Wynne. Hopefully nobody asked her was she getting the vaccine. Or is that one of the others?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't know, his comment was handy enough to remind people of the existence of Violet-Anne Wynne. Hopefully nobody asked her was she getting the vaccine. Or is that one of the others?

Our Tanaiste having to retract his attempts at mud slinging aren't a good look no matter what spin you try and put on it. Honestly Blanch, pick another hill to die on.

Between this nonsense and trying to claim the Alliance Party essentially supported an independent NI (I notice you ran away from that thread when you were called out on your nonsense there), it hasn't been a great 24h for you pal.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »

a protest vote by the people frustrated of Clare ,

she was found out for who she is very quickly

one termer for sure unless she gets some intensive PR training

a protest vote by the people frustrated of Clare ,

she was found out for who she is very quickly

one termer for sure unless she gets some intensive PR training

I don't think there's any amount of PR training in the world that would be enough. Third choice I believe.

Reminds me of Nicola Murray taking over in DOSAC in The Thick of It if there are any fans.

It's a bit like any of these mud slinging fights...doesn't matter who wins, everyone comes out looking dirty. It is so backwards that it's depressing.

true that , its an embarrassment to watch from both sides and exposes the whole lot of them for what they are ,

I don't think there's any amount of PR training in the world that would be enough. Third choice I believe.

Reminds me of Nicola Murray taking over in DOSAC in The Thick of It if there are any fans.

protentional to do a lot of damage before she goes too , should make for great press

Loving how LV making a ****ing ejit out of himself is because....shinner :D

You're going to try and put it back on Wynne:confused:

Look it, Leo yet again tried to score a point based on religion/race or sexuality.

It doesn't matter if Wynne broke into the maternity ward in Rotunda and ate a few babies, Leo didn't have his homework done, and was yet again left with egg on his face, and having to issue an all too common apology and a retraction of his statement..

Maybe of he stopped trying to constantly point score, they wouldn't be as common?
    Bizarre conceit. But let's run with it. If she did eat a few babies and Leo mistakenly said it was the Coombe she broke in to, the story for the shinnerbots here would be that Leo got it wrong again

They've obviously decided abstinence is the best policy as far as her twitter is concerned. Her post about her religion seems to be her first tweet (as opposed to re-tweet) in 3 or 4 weeks.

The first comment under the story about Varadkar apology on the thejournal.ie is:

"Live how RTE are reporting this as “ an inaccurate comment”. Leo lied again and was caught out again."

I know, it's thejournal and it's a silly comment. However the scary part is that the comment got over 900 likes.

I fear for our democracy

Bizarre conceit. But let's run with it. If she did eat a few babies and Leo mistakenly said it was the Coombe she broke in to, the story for the shinnerbots here would be that Leo got it wrong again

By shinnerbots you can count people who think LV made an ass of himself rather than speak sensibly on the topic raised. You don't have to have an Aran sweater on to think that.

Imagine someone asking a question about the Tories and MLMD banging on about the Falklands or Bloody Sunday? He's a joke.

Your analogy makes no sense. He made a generalisation based on stereotyped idiocy and got corrected.
    Instead of chancers trying to spin if for him they should either put their hand up, like Leo, or just let it fade.

• Advertisement

Randle I would have thought that an intelligent lad would have known that if a lady has a first name of a plant or flower, there’s a fair to good chance that she’s a Prod.

Think Violet, Heather, Lily, Rose...etc

So.... no surprise to the Brenner.

Advertisement