Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

is there many more apart from the bould violet then ?

shes the only person mentioned that ive seen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Try find out how often she goes to mass because if she hasn't been in years you could use that maybe? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Randle I would have thought that an intelligent lad would have known that if a lady has a first name of a plant or flower, there’s a fair to good chance that she’s a Prod.

Think Violet, Heather, Lily, Rose...etc

So.... no surprise to the Brenner.

So why were you asking when she converted earlier? Are you suspecting a name change as well as a conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Randle I would have thought that an intelligent lad would have known that if a lady has a first name of a plant or flower, there’s a fair to good chance that she’s a Prod.

Think Violet, Heather, Lily, Rose...etc

So.... no surprise to the Brenner.

Intelligent.....? Depends.....

Certainly sharp enough to spot when someone is trying to pull the wool over his eyes though.....

You knew all along yet were asking the following.....

When did she join up.......this morning....
    I mean as a registered practicing member of the Protestant Community, horse.

Pull the other one Bren, it's got bells on horse. :D

Try find out how often she goes to mass because if she hasn't been in years you could use that maybe? :rolleyes:

if you don't know just say so no need for the attitude

lack of information or understanding isn't your fault james

its a simple question now answered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Ive one neighbour that openly says to his protestant 'friend' that their church was founded on Henry the 8ths Mickey
    He votes FF by the way and his cousin is chair of the local fg branch
    Make of that what you will

Nobotty wrote: »
    Ive one neighbour that openly says to his protestant 'friend' that their church was founded on Henry the 8ths Mickey
    He votes FF by the way and his cousin is chair of the local fg branch
    Make of that what you will

to be fair his mickey must be one of the most destructive items in the history of the world :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

rdwight wrote: »
    Bizarre conceit. But let's run with it. If she did eat a few babies and Leo mistakenly said it was the Coombe she broke in to, the story for the shinnerbots here would be that Leo got it wrong again

So funny and so true.

if you don't know just say so no need for the attitude

lack of information or understanding isn't your fault james

its a simple question now answered

I was trying to make light of your ignorant comment.

How many protestants is enough do you think?
    Do you think it's okay for a political organisation to ask potential members their religion and keep a database on it?

Would Varadkar have the gall to say the same about the DUP or ask the DUP how many Catholics they have in their ranks?
    He was being pig ignorant and making a disgrace of his position to try get a dig in. He should always be accompanied by an adult and have to get approval before speaking IMO.
    He made a mockery of Covid victims by quoting 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh and now he is making a mockery of victims of the troubles by using issues relating to the conflict to try score points against SF. He's disrespectful and seems to have no filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

A good 24 hours for the Shinners.

The Leak is running out of things to attack SF with, he actually made something up (he even admitted he wasn't aware what reliegion said person was) so he literally made up a lie live on RTE 1 news hoping it would stick.

Its laughable

• Advertisement

A good 24 hours for the Shinners.

The Leak is running out of things to attack SF with, he actually made something up (he even admitted he wasn't aware what reliegion said person was) so he literally made up a lie live on RTE 1 news hoping it would stick.

Its laughable

I'd much prefer if we had an adult willing to discuss policy and the governing of the country. This school yard bratty behaviour does nothing for the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

You seriously looking to do a sectarian headcount of SF elected reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'd much prefer if we had an adult willing to discuss policy and the governing of the country. This school yard bratty behaviour does nothing for the public.

Given that SF have nothing to offer in that realm, it might be a rather one sided mud slinging event, I would opine.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Varadkar tried to get a dig in and it backfired. He was wrong to bring up religion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Given that SF have nothing to offer in that realm, it might be a rather one sided mud slinging event, I would opine.
    They have offered a lot more than leo and his ilk, all he does is alienate people and leak things. Can't even bad mouth the North because they doing a hell of lot better than the south on the vaccine. Oh, wait they use a different sytem to us but lets talk about pensions, the usual bs. FFG have been a complete failure throughout this and should be ashamed of themselves. Still protecting the insurance industry and will probably bailout davy and then destroy adoptions which they faciliated.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    They have offered a lot more than leo and his ilk, all he does is alienate people and leak things. Can't even bad mouth the North because they doing a hell of lot better than the south on the vaccine. Oh, wait they use a different sytem to us but lets talk about pensions, the usual bs. FFG have been a complete failure throughout this and should be ashamed of themselves. Still protecting the insurance industry and will probably bailout davy and then destroy adoptions which they faciliated.

Lot of generalisations, waffle, untruths and false assumptions there U.

Congrats.

It's a bit rich of SF to be throwing shade at Varadkar when they have a MLA who decided to make a joke about a sectarian atrocity where the IRA shot 10 men to death because they were Protestant, where Conor Murray was found to have hired a mate for a plumb job because he was a Catholic, and when the IRA murdered a FG senator Billy Fox - a Protestant - despite him being a vocal advocate for the nationalist community in NI during the early part of the troubles.

It looks like different values apply to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Lot of generalisations, waffle, untruths and false assumptions there U.

Congrats.

Where that leo is aleak or than as an athiest he made comment about SF that were sectarian, proven lies
    Do you really believe that they will stand up to the Insurance Industry?

It's a bit rich of SF to be throwing shade at Varadkar when they have a MLA who decided to make a joke about a sectarian atrocity where the IRA shot 10 men to death because they were Protestant, where Conor Murray was found to have hired a mate for a plumb job because he was a Catholic, and when the IRA murdered a FG senator Billy Fox - a Protestant - despite him being a vocal advocate for the nationalist community in NI during the early part of the troubles.

It looks like different values apply to them though.

Why? Do they cancel each other out? What about the public? Do we have to put up with idiots like Varadkar making stupid comments regarding sectarianism?
    He made stupid comments and everyone called him out on it, unionists, republicans and others. He used it to try get a schoolboy dig in. 'There's not only green on the flag'. What an idiot.
    He's covered everything now with his race baiting and such. Add to that his leaking a confidential document. He should have been kicked out of Fine Gael after the 'mean girls' incident. He should be resigned IMO.

Why? Do they cancel each other out? What about the public? Do we have to put up with idiots like Varadkar making stupid comments regarding sectarianism?
    He made stupid comments and everyone called him out on it, unionists, republicans and others. He used it to try get a schoolboy dig in. 'There's not only green on the flag'. What an idiot.
    He's covered everything now with his race baiting and such. Add to that his leaking a confidential document. He should have been kicked out of Fine Gael after the 'mean girls' incident. He should be resigned IMO.

I doubt your opinions are causing sleepless nights in FG HQ tbh.

• Advertisement

I doubt your opinions are causing sleepless nights in FG HQ tbh.

So do I. What an odd response.
    If you're suggesting FG couldn't give a ****, that's obvious. Now if there was money in it...

He made a comment which was not correct,an innocuous meaningless comment .

And you are trying to ‘big it up’ as if it was a resigning and ‘kicking out’ issue.

I feel there are folk out there whose sole agenda is to magnify x1000% every personal slip up however small by govt personell.

Very childish and negative behaviour in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Are there many more Protestants in SF other than this strange example? If you ask me it was a real bit of luck that SF were able to dig somebody up as the party would not be a natural home for Protestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Are there many more Protestants in SF other than this strange example? If you ask me it was a real bit of luck that SF were able to dig somebody up as the party would not be a natural home for Protestants.

Why should someone's religion be any concern. Blueshirts appearing very sectarian with this issue. Do you want to know how many Coloureds, Jews or homosexuals are there also? Or is it just Protestants that has become an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Why should someone's religion be any concern. Blueshirts appearing very sectarian with this issue. Do you want to know how many Coloureds, Jews or homosexuals are there also? Or is it just Protestants that has become an issue?

I'm only interested in the number of Protestants attracted to SF - thank you. I find it odd that any genuine Protestant would align themselves with a party that for more than three decades was involved in the murder of many of their co-religionists. Of course, Violet Anne Wynne was not even born when the Troubles were at their worst and therefore is typical of the new recruits who have been drawn into the party.

Breaking news:

Not an issue...fann liom.........not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'm only interested in the number of Protestants attracted to SF - thank you. I find it odd that any genuine Protestant would align themselves with a party that for more than three decades was involved in the murder of many of their co-religionists. Of course, Violet Anne Wynne was not even born when the Troubles were at their worst and therefore is typical of the new recruits who have been drawn into the party.

By all accounts a Unionist and Protestant from NI has been actively supported by SF in a bid to get a seat in Seanad Eireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Religion,catholic vs protestant is and always will be at the heart of Northern Ireland
    If you want a UI,then you have to be inclusive of NI protestants,something SF struggle to put a face on if at all
    I think thats the reasonable point varadakar was clumsily trying to make

Hauling out violet Anne Wynne is not a good retort to the claim if thats all SF have got given she was a last resort pick for Clare and they couldnt get anyone else to run there

We as a country can make a point of how many women candidates we have,how many ethnic minorities and cant criticise the Islands largest nationalist party for still being anathema to Protestants?
    Give me a break

He made a comment which was not correct,an innocuous meaningless comment .

And you are trying to ‘big it up’ as if it was a resigning and ‘kicking out’ issue.

I feel there are folk out there whose sole agenda is to magnify x1000% every personal slip up however small by govt personell.

Very childish and negative behaviour in my opinion.

There are some peculiar fetishes and obsessions in the world today, of that there is no doubt.

• Advertisement

The parading of Violet-Anne by Sinn Fein reminds me of the guy who once told me that he couldn't be anti-Traveller because he once shared a classrom with a Traveller.

Advertisement