Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

blanch152 wrote: »
    The parading of Violet-Anne by Sinn Fein reminds me of the guy who once told me that he couldn't be anti-Traveller because he once shared a classrom with a Traveller.

Leo lied on live TV (without having a clue) saying SF are sectarian and have no Protestants in the party thinking he was a great fella, turns out yet again the nation see him for lying and trying to score political points using a persons religion. Anybodys religion is none of his business

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Leo lied on live TV (without having a clue) saying SF are sectarian and have no Protestants in the party thinking he was a great fella, turns out yet again the nation see him for lying and trying to score political points using a persons religion. Anybodys religion is none of his business

In saying that Sinn Fein are sectarian, he was expressing an opinion, one which is difficult to disagree with. A few token Protestants taken out of the cupboard hardly disproves the notion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Jesus,this lie word,trapsed out again
    The more times thats done the less it means
    It was his belief,he was wrong,but not far wrong to be fair
    Lies are deliberate things
    There is an assertion a few posts above that vradakar is an atheist
    That is also wrong,he is not

If theres to be a valid criticism here,its that there was no need for vradakar to be talking about this at this time
    Its stirring,just like Blanch's post above too
    But you can see why hes doing it
    He knows SF and FF are going to co-aless after the next election probably under the joint Taoiseach model if they have a similar number of seats
    Never rule out grassroots FF campaigning,its quiet and still fruitfull
    If thats the outcome vradakar will be delighted
    He has a long game too
    Don't shoot the messenger

In saying that Sinn Fein are sectarian, he was expressing an opinion, one which is difficult to disagree with. A few token Protestants taken out of the cupboard hardly disproves the notion.

No he LIED and said SF have no Protestants in the party. He didnt know so he made it up. i.e HE LIED

SF have never mentioned any of their members religion,it was Leos lies who led to the protestant coming out to shut Leo up and instead of a full apology, he comes out with i didnt know that i stand corrected.

If he hadnt done enough in his role of leadership halfing the seats FG have, he continues to gain votes for SF while folk defend him at all posts.its quite funny tbh

Nobotty wrote: »
    Jesus,this lie word,trapsed out again

If theres to be a valid criticism here,its that there was no need for vradakar to be talking about this at this time
    He knows SF and FF are going to co-aless after the next election probably under the joint Taoiseach model if they have a similar number of seats
    He has a long game too

He didnt know SF had no protestants in the party which he has since admitted, he made up that they had none.

That is a LIE

• Advertisement

He didnt know SF had no protestants in the party which he has since admitted, he made up that they had none.

That is a LIE

Wrong
    But carry on with your beliefs

If he hadnt done enough in his role of leadership halfing the seats FG have, he continues to gain votes for SF while folk defend him at all posts.its quite funny tbh

You obviously havent a clue about the difference between centre right and left wing voters
    Very few are interchangeable
    So and I have to break it to you,vradakar is not alienating fg voters with this strategy
    What he is actually at is trying to scare centre FF voters INTO FG
    you are not fishing in the same river
    So your Anger is wasted

Wrong
    But carry on with your beliefs

So making up something that u dont know is true or not is not a lie?

So making up something that u dont know is true or not is not a lie?

He thought it was true
    He didnt make it up
    We are all liars otherwise
    The important thing is what I think is his strategy
    Ironically if the first part works,which I doubt,it would strengthen Mary Lous hand after the next election

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

I was trying to make light of your ignorant comment.

How many protestants is enough do you think?
    Do you think it's okay for a political organisation to ask potential members their religion and keep a database on it?

Would Varadkar have the gall to say the same about the DUP or ask the DUP how many Catholics they have in their ranks?
    He was being pig ignorant and making a disgrace of his position to try get a dig in. He should always be accompanied by an adult and have to get approval before speaking IMO.
    He made a mockery of Covid victims by quoting 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh and now he is making a mockery of victims of the troubles by using issues relating to the conflict to try score points against SF. He's disrespectful and seems to have no filter.

one is enough apparently :pac::pac:

do you mean the victims of sf too ?

ya leo is a childish politician but murderer getting outraged at rudeness is a bit of a stretch don't you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The parading of Violet-Anne by Sinn Fein reminds me of the guy who once told me that he couldn't be anti-Traveller because he once shared a classrom with a Traveller.
    LV made a sectarian remark was called out on it and apologised. Nothing to do with SF or your wan from Clare.

I can however imagine your faux outrage however Blanch if Stanley, Cullinane or some of the other loons made a similar comment regarding your FG party.

He thought it was true
    He didnt make it up
    We are all liars otherwise
    The important thing is what I think is his strategy
    Ironically if the first part works,which I doubt,it would strengthen Mary Lous hand after the next election

With his history of lying, il have to disagree

With his history of lying, il have to disagree

Problem as I said with that analysis is you'd need to accept SF's history of lying is an awful lot longer
    Since before vradakar was born
    You'd be wrong there too
    Mis conceptions are not lies

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/some-craic-sdlp-rounds-on-former-sinn-fein-housing-minister-caral-ni-chuilins-for-belfast-social-homes-criticism-40188045.html

This is funny, Sinn Fein are now resorting to criticising themselves!!!

Having been Housing Minister less than three months ago, a SF MLA is criticising social housing provision.

Is it sheer brass neck or complete idiocy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jess,this lie word,trapsed out again

He has a long game too

Bout this crap was called out....well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Are there many more Protestants in SF other than this strange example? If you ask me it was a real bit of luck that SF were able to dig somebody up as the party would not be a natural home for Protestants.

Desperate lads.

Varadkar made an arse of himself again. They hardly had to go looking, she's a TD ffs :D

Are folk looking for a quota? As I asked yesterday, how many prodys is enough? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Desperate lads.

Varadkar made an arse of himself again. They hardly had to go looking, she's a TD ffs :D

Are folk looking for a quota? As I asked yesterday, how many prodys is enough? :)

I'm looking for a head count for this wonderful party of unity - please?

one is enough apparently :pac::pac:

do you mean the victims of sf too ?

ya leo is a childish politician but murderer getting outraged at rudeness is a bit of a stretch don't you think

Showing yourself up with this post. As I say, desperate :)

Varadkar used sectarianism which has caused death and heartache for generations to try get a little quip in while deflecting from a direct question. He's a disgrace to the gombeen community.

Varadkar used sectarianism which has caused death and heartache for generations to try get a little quip in while deflecting from a direct question. He's a disgrace to the gombeen community.

by asking a simple question ?
    one of the many things that make sf not a normal party is the rabid aggressive and deflective reaction to enquires or criticism

it was your party who were actually causing the death and suffering for generations did you forget that ? shooting bombing kneecapping beatings taxing dealers fraud smuggling bank robbing murdering police in various country's protecting rapists and peados all sorts of criminality.

but some dope of a politician is worse in your mind ?

now who's desperate

by asking a simple question ?
    one of the many things that make sf not a normal party is the rabid aggressive and deflective reaction to enquires or criticism

it was your party who were actually causing the death and suffering for generations did you forget that ? shooting bombing kneecapping beatings taxing dealers fraud smuggling bank robbing murdering police in various country's protecting rapists and peados all sorts of criminality.

but some dope of a politician is worse in your mind ?

now who's desperate

Yes.
    What criticism? Varadkar made a false claim to try score a point. Even the unionists called him out for being an idiot :)

Labour is the only party I was ever affiliated with.
    I don't believe Labour caused any such deaths, mind both themselves and FG did make a dissident a senator.

Some dope of a politician is the topic. If you don't want to talk about him fair enough. It's desperate trying to make comparisons as if one cancels the other out.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    What criticism? Varadkar made a false claim to try score a point. Even the unionists called him out for being an idiot :)

Labour is the only party I was ever affiliated with.
    I don't believe Labour caused any such deaths, mind both themselves and FG did make a dissident a senator.

Some dope of a politician is the topic. If you don't want to talk about him fair enough. It's desperate trying to make comparisons as if one cancels the other out.

do you see me deafening leo ? anywhere ?

as usual you boys are trying to shout loud enough to distract and as usual …… well you know the rest

do you see me deafening leo ? anywhere ?

as usual you boys are trying to shout loud enough to distract and as usual …… well you know the rest

Yes.

Distract from your distractions?
    Let's revisit. Varadkar was raised for his latest and you tried to swivel to how many prodys are shinner or deaths caused by the troubles :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are desperately trying to keep this going.......and failing:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ffff221

Religion,catholic vs protestant is and always will be at the heart of Northern Ireland
    If you want a UI,then you have to be inclusive of NI protestants,something SF struggle to put a face on if at all
    I think thats the reasonable point varadakar was clumsily trying to make

Hauling out violet Anne Wynne is not a good retort to the claim if thats all SF have got given she was a last resort pick for Clare and they couldnt get anyone else to run there

We as a country can make a point of how many women candidates we have,how many ethnic minorities and cant criticise the Islands largest nationalist party for still being anathema to Protestants?
    Give me a break

It's the question of British rule which has been the only cause of conflict on this island for hundreds of years.

Even Catholics went to war with Catholics over it in the civil war with partition being the main issue, some Catholics wanted to go along with partition because the British threatened "immediate and horrible war" and some didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Might as well try some 'whataboutery' Why is a Dublin TD parading around up North trying to meet a UK PM. Don't Sf have a leader up North for that... or is it a classic case of good PR to be able to stamp one's feet and talk about been left out in the cold.

Dan.

Might as well try some 'whataboutery' Why is a Dublin TD parading around up North trying to meet a UK PM. Don't Sf have a leader up North for that... or is it a classic case of good PR to be able to stamp one's feet and talk about been left out in the cold.

The 12th already?
    Actually MLMD and MON didn't want to meet Johnson because all he agreed to was a photo op not a discussion. They wanted to discuss the Northern Ireland protocol, which relates to both sides of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

The 12th already?
    Actually MLMD and MON didn't want to meet Johnson because all he agreed to was a photo op not a discussion. They wanted to discuss the Northern Ireland protocol, which relates to both sides of the border.
    The truth doesn't suit their agenda, Boris showed today what he thinks of the Nationalist Community and will pander to the UVF/DUP. But hey, it's all SF Fault:)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

The 12th already?

They were only showboating though. This is not the 19th century where someone being in the area was the only chance to discuss something with them. Does SF not do phones or internet meetings which they could ask him for at any time. Or, even with the Bobby Storey headlines, does SF still not believe social distancing applies to it ?

They were only showboating though. This is not the 19th century where someone being in the area was the only chance to discuss something with them. Does SF not do phones or internet meetings which they could ask him for at any time. Or, even with the Bobby Storey headlines, does SF still not believe social distancing applies to it ?

That's your opinion. You might be right, you might not.
    :rolleyes: So was Boris flouting social distancing coming over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

That's your opinion. You might be right, you might not.
    :rolleyes: So was Boris flouting social distancing coming over?

I think we will go with my opinion being right.

No. Its his job to visits all parts of the kingdom, and with the precautions taken no social distancing protocols were flouted - he didnt go for a walk with a few hundred of his mates.

Advertisement