Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

markodaly wrote: »
    We are well beyond the looking glass when posters, one of whom is against the GFA, want to somehow prove what 'right' the First Minister of NI has in writing a letter to the Ceann Comhairle in regards comments made by a SF TD about a bomb attack that killed 18 people in NI.

Lolz....pivot to outrage,when your bluster is found to have little to no factual basis.....the gfa i read is only 32 pages (i always smile,1 for each county) and not a particularly difficult jargon heavy document,everyone should read it at least once

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    You said an unelected Sinn Fein official has no business writing to, and trying to dictate Dail procedures.

Arlene Foster (I guess) doesn't even hold an Irish passport, and is a member of a party who is openly hostile to our state and many of its citizens.

She's as much right as this unnamed unelected shinner to write to the independent Ceann Comhairle in my opinion.

The obtuse argument.

Arlene Foster is an elected member of the NI Assembly and is the First Minister of NI. You may as well state that no one outside of Ireland, be they elected or not, has any right to write to the Ceann Comhairle or speak at the Dail or say boo to anyone Irish TD, because they were not elected?

Here is the 'unelected' Bill Clinton speaking at the Dail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1XEJX2abA

Yes, through the looking glass folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Some of you guys answer a question for once...where is it prohibited for a party official to write to the Ceann Comhairle? Legislation chapter and verse.

So now you are admitting that the party official did write to the Ceann Comhairle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The obtuse argument.

Arlene Foster is an elected member of the NI Assembly and is the First Minister of NI. You may as well state that no one outside of Ireland, be they elected or not, has any right to write to the Ceann Comhairle or speak at the Dail or say boo to anyone Irish TD, because they were not elected?

When you are ready with the legislation on who is 'entitled' to write to the CC.

So 'sneaked in' (an invention) wasn't a desperate attempt to convict? Or the absence of any explanation as to what was done wrongly wasn't desperate?
    Or the patronising male attitude to a woman's abilities wasn't desperate either?

Sneaked in = announce it quietly over Christmas break

Standing over that.

As for Liadh's abilities, nothing to do with her being a woman. If they had put up Ferris, I would have said the same thing.

• Advertisement

Lolz....pivot to outrage,when your bluster is found to have little to no factual basis.....the gfa i read is only 32 pages (i always smile,1 for each county) and not a particularly difficult jargon heavy document,everyone should read it at least once

In fairness, I won't be taking talking points from you about the GFA, when you are against it, and support the new Republican dissidents in the North.

Your record is clear on what you are 'for'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The obtuse argument.

You are the one claiming someone has "no right" writing to the Ceann Comhairle because they are an unelected official from a party.

With that in mind.....You missed this.
    Some of you guys answer a question for once...where is it prohibited for a party official to write to the Ceann Comhairle? Legislation chapter and verse.

When you are ready with the legislation on who is 'entitled' to write to the CC.

Obtuse factored by 10...

blanch152 wrote: »
    So now you are admitting that the party official did write to the Ceann Comhairle.

I never denned it. I asked you why you assumed they were 'named' and why they were 'abusive'. Whenever you are ready to explain...fire away.

In fairness, I won't be taking talking points from you about the GFA, when you are against it, and support the new Republican dissidents in the North.

Your record is clear on what you are 'for'.

Mate....yous can discuss the gfa irregardless of supporting it....i mean your here discussing shinners??

Have you really not read it?

(Its patently obvious,why corporal dave,aka soldier f will never see court if you do......state should be pushing to bring him to hague imo)

• Advertisement

Obtuse factored by 10...

So you have nothing only a strop from a FF CC. Okie doke mark...another cul de sac so.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You are the one claiming someone has "no right" writing to the Ceann Comhairle because they are an unelected official from a party.

I never said that "no right", please quote me. :pac:

I never denned it. I asked you why you assumed they were 'named' and why they were 'abusive'. Whenever you are ready to explain...fire away.

The article was clear enough that the CC knew who it was but had not named the person at the meeting.

You pretending not to understand that was the highlight of the evening.

The thread should be renamed the Sinn Fein semantics thread!!!

The article was clear enough that the CC knew who it was but had not named the person at the meeting.

You pretending not to understand that was the highlight of the evening.

Where was it clear?

I'll tell what is dangerously clear to me...the CC is far from impartial. This coincides with a now almost daily attack on SF from his party leader Michael Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So.... They had every right to write to the Ceann Comhairle?

What.... Is........ The......... Issue so?

Pages and pages of pedantic shyte over what?

...the CC is far from impartial. .

You are going to need some proof for this claim Francie.

Reverse reverse reverse. :):)

Where was it clear?

I'll tell what is dangerously clear to me...the CC is far from impartial. This coincides with a now almost daily attack on SF from his party leader Michael Martin.

i felt martins comments other day,to a niece of the woman murdered in gilbraltor showed what they really think of justice in the north and was particularly callous

Also gave an insight into mindset,that wanted to commerate the black and tans

You are going to need some proof for this claim Francie.

'dangerously clear to me' means it is my opinion which is thankfully not controlled by you.

• Advertisement

Where was it clear?

Have you watched every single hour of Dail TV live to be able to say this with any confidence?

Or is it just an impression?

'dangerously clear to me' means it is my opinion which is thankfully not controlled by you.

Yet, you cannot back it up with any evidence...... interesting.
    What do we call that?

Unfounded or unproven allegations. :D

i felt martins comments other day,to a niece of the woman murdered in gilbraltor showed what they really think of justice in the north

Also gave an insight into mindset,that wanted to commerate the black and tans

Obscene, straight out of the playbook here. Asked to live up to this governments commitments to the Stormont House Agreement he attacks a victim. Maybe Michelle O'Neill should write to the CC?

Yet, you cannot back it up with any evidence...... interesting.
    What do we call that?

Unfounded or unproven allegations. :D

See my earlier answer to Brendi.

Have you watched every single hour of Dail TV live to be able to say this with any confidence?

i mean did they critise one party/person in the dail on basis of letter from foster

And was this action appropriate

Like you were in the garden when 'the heavy' came to see that young shinner? Yeh? :):)

Martin protected the CC by not commenting on the letter for the abuser. CC returns the favour kicking up a huff about something that nobody has yet shown is against any law or even protocol.

See my earlier answer to Brendi.

I saw that, and you offered nothing in regards to any issues of impartiality.

For someone to be accused of being impartial one usually has something to go on, but you offered nothing!

No proof, not even an example, just more spurious allegations.

I saw that, and you offered nothing in regards to any issues of impartiality.

For someone to be accused of being impartial one usually has something to go on, but you offered nothing!

No proof, not even an example, just more spurious allegations.

I offered an opinion.
    That something wrong happened here is YOUR opinion. But you are struggling to show anything wrong was done.

I offered an opinion.

An unfounded opinion based on nothing by mere speculation, previously held bias, conjecture and feelings... but yes, it is an opinion. ;)

• Advertisement

An unfounded opinion based on nothing by mere speculation, previously held bias, conjecture and feelings... but yes, it is an opinion. ;)

Any luck on your opinion here mark? That something unconstitutional happened or unlawful? Or are we just dealing with the CC having a wee huff?

Advertisement