Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

maccored wrote: »
    there is a lack of posts in the leo thread by the usual anti shinners, but their 'LOOK!! OVER THERE!!' tactic isn't very new.

Mod

Discuss posts in this thread or a related topic in the news, or dont post again.

I have no time or inclination to moderate commentary on other threads in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

padd b1975 wrote: »
    No slagging either.

Just suggesting an alternative.

Do you do such a service for male members of the Dail? Or other parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

In terms of Sinn Fein I think those of us aged 45 and over will be deeply sceptical about them. Those under 45 I don't think will be too bothered about their connection to the IRA. We grew up with at least weekly atrocities in Northern Ireland perpetrated by the IRA so for me anyway I will always see them as the political front for the IRA.
    As the furore of Mary Lou's tweet on international women's day showed SF face difficulties separating themselves from the activities, albeit historic, of the IRA. She was naive to put that tweet out given the activities of the IRA. People have long memories.
    The one thing that fascinates me is the apparent lack of leadership contest in what is to all intents and purposes a democratic political party. Mary Lou and Michelle seem to have been hand picked by Gerry to be the leaders for the party on each side of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

batman75 wrote: »
    In terms of Sinn Fein I think those of us aged 45 and over will be deeply sceptical about them. Those under 45 I don't think will be too bothered about their connection to the IRA. We grew up with at least weekly atrocities in Northern Ireland perpetrated by the IRA so for me anyway I will always see them as the political front for the IRA.
    As the furore of Mary Lou's tweet on international women's day showed SF face difficulties separating themselves from the activities, albeit historic, of the IRA. She was naive to put that tweet out given the activities of the IRA. People have long memories.
    The one thing that fascinates me is the apparent lack of leadership contest in what is to all intents and purposes a democratic political party. Mary Lou and Michelle seem to have been hand picked by Gerry to be the leaders for the party on each side of the border.

You will find it was Simon Harris who had to delete tweets on International Womens Day abusing a woman.

Simon is not a member of SF.

He is the chap who looks like he hung Leo out to dry after his 3 hour chat with the gardai.

You might know him, ex minister for Health now who caused the last Govt to collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

You will find it was Simon Harris who had to delete tweets on International Womens Day abusing a woman.

He is the chap who looks like he hung Leo out to dry after his 3 hour chat with the gardai.

You might know him, ex minister for Health now who caused the last Govt to collapse

Pretty sure the heading of this forum relates to SF maybe I misread it though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Get back on topic or dont post in this thread again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Nozebleed wrote: »
    how is this thread trnding on boards...when FF and FG are showing true incompetence in power right now. yet people here seem to be whinging about SF.

I no SF voter but...i think a lot of you guys would want to take a good hard look in the mirror..

its amazing how many people come on here to say that they are no sf voter or supporter only to attack anyone who dares to criticise sf

few of them liked your post in fact :D:D:D

batman75 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the heading of this forum relates to SF maybe I misread it though :)

I ve had to point that out a few times as well

strange that ……..

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

I ve had to point that out a few times as well

strange that ……..

Its like SF supporters wish people wouldnt discuss SF.

almost like some sort of coordinated group response with one aim directed for a central place of council perhaps

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I dont think SF supporters wanting to speak about SF is true today of all days.

More posts in this thread by certain people than the latest Govt scandal which broke in the last 24 hours

I think there's just not much to discuss really. I'm always amused at the constant bumping of this thread dispite little or no SF news. I think it's ran its course. Seems to be a SF hate thread.

smurgen wrote: »
    I think there's just not much to discuss really. I'm always amused at the constant bumping of this thread dispite little or no SF news. I think it's ran its course. Seems to be a SF hate thread.

Ah, MLMD and MON tootling around the north during the week thinking Boris should meet them was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

And all the other party threads in CA are just filled with buckets of pure positivity.

:D

Its the same in every thread. Makes most of this forum unreadable to be honest.

your hardly suggesting that they shut it down because ye don't like what's being said are you ?

Ah, MLMD and MON tootling around the north during the week thinking Boris should meet them was funny.

Eh Boris wanted to meet Michelle for a photo op

Sinn Fein refused to meet him unless it was a proper meeting (Her being deputy leader of Stormont, Boris should have met her to discuss things in full but decided not too)

Do read up on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Do you do such a service for male members of the Dail? Or other parties?

If and when the need arises.

your hardly suggesting that they shut it down because ye don't like what's being said are you ?

No but I think there's extreme double standards applied. The kids gloves are on in this thread for horrendous comments and accusations. Everything from weight discussions and murder with no support. Yet calling a politician current investigation in another thread a corrupt crony will get you a thread ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No but I think there's extreme double standards applied. The kids gloves are on in this thread for horrendous comments and accusations. Everything from weight discussions and murder with no support. Yet calling a politician current investigation in another thread a corrupt crony will get you a thread ban.

What does murder with no support mean??

I agree ,some of the awful baseless and slanderous statements from some of the posters here are disgusting,

however the truth cant slander anyone ,

criminality ,murder, rape and violence will be a factor of sf for many years to come

• Advertisement

I agree ,some of the awful baseless and slanderous statements from some of the posters here are disgusting,

criminality ,murder, rape and violence will be a factor of sf for many years to come

Why do you say that? Could you name the murderers and rapists in Sinn Féin?

Same too for FF FG for years, the mothers and baby homes and the state and churchs sick actions over the years will never be forgotton

SF accept their past, FFG deny everthing, eg the banks wernt bailed out

Why do you say that? Could you name the murderers and rapists in Sinn Féin?

Well, Dessie Ellis was deeply involved on the murder front for starters.

Well, Dessie Ellis on the murder front for starters.

Who did he murder? Who will he murder? The poster said will be a feature for years.

What murder charge was he convicted off?

This man has raised his first prefernce votes in elections by 20,000 in 20 years. It seems most people outside FFFG accept the GFA are are willing to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Baggly wrote: »

Mod

Get back on topic or dont post in this thread again.

Same too for FF FG for years, the mothers and baby homes and the state and churchs sick actions over the years will never be forgotton

SF accept their past, FFG deny everthing, eg the banks wernt bailed out

MOD

As you are unable to follow a simple instruction,I'll make it simple.

Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

You claim baseless accusations are wrong, yet make some of your own.

Provide verifiable proof, or don't make these claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

i don't remember it very well, but in 1990s SF in central Dublin mobbed people out of their homes, if they were drug addicts.
    Who moved into those very central Dublin dwellings?

Pushers, Out.
    Sinn Fein, - In.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

markodaly wrote: »
    Wow, I made that comment a week ago..
    ..and I stand by it.

The PIRA were the primary instigators of the conflict. It is a fact because they had no mandate and enjoyed only a tiny amount of support from within the Nationalist community, the majority of whom voted for the SDLP who wanted to achieve more civil rights for Catholics through peaceful democratic means.

The PIRA and the like wanted to murder, bomb and kill for a UI, to achieve the dream of the Easter Rising through blood sacrifice in the face of any peaceful negotiations, which ironically came 30 years AFTER the conflict kicked off.

When the BA were deployed and the Nationalist communities were protected from Loyalist mobs, there was no need for an armed struggle. All efforts then should have been to negotiated a peaceful outcome. The PIRA had other ideas...

If you look back you’ll see that you conveniently ignored the question when I previously put it to you.

I think you’re getting a bit mixed up between “cause” and “effect” here. See, if Ireland hadn’t had been invaded, if her people hadn’t had been murdered, subjugated, had rights taken away, had rights refused, tortured, lived in a gerrymandered state etc... ad nauseum, and if these people hadn’t been ignored by successive Governments that your pals had formed, then the apartheid style state in the north that led to all this would never had happened.

To make it easy for you, the violence in the north is caused solely as a political vacuum was allowed to fester by the British Government propped up aided and abetted by your pals in the Irish Government.

The way you’re talking it’s as if none of the above happened! You’re blaming the symptom instead of the disease. Tackle the disease and there are no symptoms but your conscience is probably a little clearer if you blame the victims of imperialism instead of imperialism itself.

You take away the reasons for war and there is no war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

This should be interesting...

Looks slanderous to me.

Advertisement