Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 16 Terry136

batman75 wrote: »
    I understand your thinking however is it right to bypass the law like that. Who gives these men the right to play judge and jury. Sex offenders, especially paedophiles are the worst of the worst and I hate them with a passion. What happened to Mairia Cahill was just awful where she was made to face her abuser by the IRA. That's sick beyond any logic.

Here's a quote from the article:

"There were explicit demands for IRA action in the area at first equally explicitly rejected by senior republican figures in the area. The republican movement became central to the case because of the problem involved in policing areas like Carnhill and Shantallow. Voting figures suggest that the majority of people here are in the SDLP not the Sinn Fein camp. But since there is, effectively, no support at all for the RUC, even a lot of SDLP supporters tend to look to the IRA when they want direct action against local criminality"

The article shows this was a middle class SDLP area an area that the IRA don't usually do this sort of thing because the SDLP not the IRA get a majority of votes in the area but in this case the man was so horrible they were so concerned for the safety of themselves and their children they went begging to the IRA to have him killed and only eventually agreed after overwhelming demand from people in the area for them to take action this is another symptom of the problems in Northern Ireland at the time even in middle class areas people didn't trust or have any faith in the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Terry136 wrote: »
    I can't reply to your previous post because I can't post links but it's easy to justify that behaviour in Northern Ireland at the time as adequate policing was not a possibility due to the conflict.

The man they done that to in 1992 was a serial child molester having abused numerous children and people in the area victims came out about the abuse and the victims and the families were threatened by him concerned for their safety they went to the IRA as was the common thing to do in them areas, he got what he deserved I'm surprised they were going to let him off with a kneecapping unless they purposely done the kneecapping wrong knowing he would bleed to death and if they did that then.... Fair play to them he was a sick twisted individual he got no more than what he gave not only did he rape young children but threatened their lives when they tried to get help.

Google John collette IRA independent.co.uk

That is not justice. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone got a spare bag of fullstops and commas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

as usual the relevant point is being glaringly ignored

when these abusers were members or of use to sf their crimes were protected or hidden just like the tradition of the catholic church

that's not something that happened locally or on a small scale either

Liam Adams is proof enough of that if you need it

as for the ira anti drugs aspect I recently came across some one I know to have been involved as a younger man who was identified as being at the riot on grafton street recently and is now being associated with serious crime
    some times a mob is just a mob

Anyone got a spare bag of fullstops and commas?

I left them in bed this morning.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »

policing was not possible in NI at the time because anyone who went to the ruc was labelled a informant and risked being dragged away and buried in some ditch by the ira

ira justice or no justice take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

I can't reply to your previous post because I can't post links but it's easy to justify that behaviour in Northern Ireland at the time as adequate policing was not a possibility due to the conflict.

The man they done that to in 1992 was a serial child molester having abused numerous children and people in the area victims came out about the abuse and the victims and the families were threatened by him concerned for their safety they went to the IRA as was the common thing to do in them areas, he got what he deserved I'm surprised they were going to let him off with a kneecapping unless they purposely done the kneecapping wrong knowing he would bleed to death and if they did that then.... Fair play to them he was a sick twisted individual he got no more than what he gave not only did he rape young children but threatened their lives when they tried to get help.

Google John collette IRA independent.co.uk

Using the heinousness of a perpetrator's actions to legitimize one's self-appointed meting of summary punishment is a denial of justice. However appropriate it might seem. It raises a question on the justification of responses to so called lesser crimes. For example, would a punishment beating have been the correct response to a charge of theft? What about tax evasion- would amputation of a hand do it?

as usual the relevant point is being glaringly ignored

when these abusers were members or of use to sf their crimes were protected or hidden just like the tradition of the catholic church

that's not something that happened locally or on a small scale either

Liam Adams is proof enough of that if you need it

as for the ira anti drugs aspect I recently came across some one I know to have been involved as a younger man who was identified as being at the riot on grafton street recently and is now being associated with serious crime
    some times a mob is just a mob

Another anecdotal story in a pathetic attempt to prove a point, try harder.

I don't see any difference.

policing was not possible in NI at the time because anyone who went to the ruc was labelled a informant and risked being dragged away and buried in some ditch by the ira

Yeah and not because there was effectively no policing at the time or because of the thousands of allegations of assault and abuse by crown forces towards the minority every year, or the hundreds of innocent men, women and children killed by the army.

The police were in support of the army not the other way around, even if they did come to investigate a crime a police officer would have to be protected by about 20 soldiers with him heavily armed covering his every angle.

The army and police weren't very fond of Catholics at the time especially in areas that vote Sinn Fein, even if they do come to investigate a crime (which is highly unlikely) you will likely be treated like s***.

• Advertisement

Another anecdotal story in a pathetic attempt to prove a point, try harder.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/member-of-kinahan-cartel-identified-on-cctv-instigating-violence-at-dublin-lockdown-protest-40167215.html

If you know as much as your claiming to you should be able to figure out who im referring to

Yeah and not because there was effectively no policing at the time or because of the thousands of allegations of assault and abuse by crown forces towards the minority every year, or the hundreds of innocent men, women and children killed by the army.

The police were in support of the army not the other way around, even if they did come to investigate a crime a police officer would have to be protected by about 20 soldiers with him heavily armed covering his every angle.

The army and police weren't very fond of Catholics at the time especially in areas that vote Sinn Fein, even if they do come to investigate a crime (which is highly unlikely) you will likely be treated like s***.

so you agree that sf and the ira made policing impossible then complained about it as one of the grounds for its terrorism :D:D

You see this is the kind of propaganda that Sinn Fein keep putting out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Banner

"The British military killed 307 people during the operation, about 51% of whom were civilians and 42% of whom were members of republican paramilitaries."

153 civilians killed by the British military is 153 too many, but it is a far way short of "hundreds of innocent men, women and children" as you portray it.

For perspective, the PIRA killed over 300 catholics.

so you agree that sf and the ira made policing impossible then complained about it as one of the grounds for its terrorism :D:D

It was the oppression and discrimination of the people which was causing these conditions there's no other way around it the IRA stood up against this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Let's get back on topic please, thread is supposed to be discussing Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 19,489 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How can Sinn Fein justify the sleight of hand surrounding the money left to them recently.

Why have procedures not been initiated to investigate stuff like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

How can Sinn Fein justify the sleight of hand surrounding the money left to them recently.

Why have procedures not been initiated to investigate stuff like this?

Because the laws in the UK are not the same as in ROI and NI. Anyway, the way the person who left that money drafted that will meant that if Sinn Fein didn't take it up, the money was to go to Gerry Adams.

Why did SF abstain this evening in the DUP lead vote to amend the abortion bill? Are they a pro-choice party or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Why did SF abstain this evening in the DUP lead vote to amend the abortion bill? Are they a pro-choice party or not?

Apparently not. It goes against their stance here during the referendum doesn't it?

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bill-against-abortions-in-cases-of-non-fatal-disabilities-passes-second-stage-following-stormont-vote-40200977.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Neither was living in an unequal society where you couldn’t vote, access housing, get certain jobs or be treated equally... but you don’t seem to have an issue with that.

God forbid that the natives actually fought back eh? Why no ire for the causes of violence?

You see this is the kind of propaganda that Sinn Fein keep putting out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Banner

"The British military killed 307 people during the operation, about 51% of whom were civilians and 42% of whom were members of republican paramilitaries."

153 civilians killed by the British military is 153 too many, but it is a far way short of "hundreds of innocent men, women and children" as you portray it.

For perspective, the PIRA killed over 300 catholics.

If you’re so interested in publishing a league table of deaths then why do you have it no narrow? Why take such a small part of our history? How many deaths on this island can be attributed to British misrule over the centuries? Many many multiples of the little historical snapshot that you have provided... but that doesn’t fit your myopic ans narrow view.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Hey Bobby, would you care to answer this question for me?
    markodaly wrote: »
    So when exactly did the British invade us?

Year and date would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

God forbid that the natives actually fought back eh? Why no ire for the causes of violence?

Justine McCarthy had a good opinion piece in yesterday's Sunday Times. In a nutshell, this govt had no problem with Arlene Foster meeting Loyalist paramilitaries last week, had no problem with a FG TD raising the idea of the Republic rejoining the British Commonwealth, but it most certainly takes issue with the idea of even talking about a Border Poll despite it being addressed in the GFA.

Her article neatly summed up the ambivalence of this Govt towards the nationalist community in NI.

So when exactly did the British invade us?

Year and date would suffice.

I think it was 1171 when the first British monarch laid claim to parts of Ireland and began their period of misrule which has continued to this day with the assistance of your pals in your political party.

Hey Bobby, would you care to answer this question for me?

Answered mo chara. What’s your point in this question by the way? Are you going to try and argue that we haven’t been under British misrule?

I think it was 1171 when the first British monarch laid claim to parts of Ireland and began their period of misrule which has continued to this day with the assistance of your pals in your political party.

and your assertion is that the current british government is responsible for every death from that day to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

and your assertion is that the current british government is responsible for every death from that day to this ?

So the current SF party is responsible for every death from that day to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

When I said SF were a party with socially conservative roots that would love an aul catholic theocratic united Ireland I was lauded by many voices who thought I was taking the piss... but no... all you have to do is watch these mask slips every time.

For every young person conned into thinking SF are about social freedom and loving migrants etc.... just think of that ignorant drunk down your local who sings ra songs and despises anyone not Irish ... thats who SF are out for.

Advertisement