Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I think it was 1171 when the first British monarch laid claim to parts of Ireland

The French-born, Norman raised, French-speaking Norman Henry II, who was married to the queen consort of France? That 'British' monarch? :pac:

There was no such thing as a British monarchy at that time by the way. You are about 600 years out.

That is the problem with the 'we were oppressed by da Brits for 800 years', myth.... it is a myth.
    and began their period of misrule which has continued to this day with the assistance of your pals in your political party.

My party? Which party is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why did SF abstain this evening in the DUP lead vote to amend the abortion bill? Are they a pro-choice party or not?

Have they ever been described as a pro-choice party? I haven't heard people refer to SF in that regard.

McGuinness certainly didn't seem to think so as recently as 2013.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-ard-fheis-abortion-868416-Apr2013/

They have certainly moved in this from 2013, but I wouldn't have thought to the extent of them being considered a "pro-choice" party.

and your assertion is that the current british government is responsible for every death from that day to this ?

Ah, a nice ninja edit after the fact, but still caught out with a falsehood.
    But yes, the idea that the monarchy today is responsible for something that happened 800 years ago is well, ridiculous in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

and your assertion is that the current british government is responsible for every death from that day to this ?

Nope... but strange you ask that question as you seem to think that the current SF leadership under Mary-Lou is responsible for a whole raft of deaths before she was even a member of SF.

Double standards and hypocrisy is dripping off you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So the current SF party is responsible for every death from that day to this?

just the ones they are actually responsible for fann

taking responsibility for them would be a start

• Advertisement

Nope... but strange you ask that question as you seem to think that the current SF leadership under Mary-Lou is responsible for a whole raft of deaths before she was even a member of SF.

Double standards and hypocrisy is dripping off you.

when did I say mlm ? sf yes but to be fair she is just the front not the one making the calls now is she

markodaly wrote: »
    The French-born, Norman raised, French-speaking Norman Henry II, who was married to the queen consort of France? That 'British' monarch? :pac:

There was no such thing as a British monarchy at that time by the way. You are about 600 years out.

That is the problem with the 'we were oppressed by da Brits for 800 years', myth.... it is a myth.

My party? Which party is that?

Ah here we go, when is the King of England not the King of England?

When it doesn’t suit your agenda!

So Henry II, the King of England, was not really the King of England? Explain that one to me so...

when did I say mlm ? sf yes but to be fair she is just the front not the one making the calls now is she

So what deaths are Sinn Féin responsible for?

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah, a nice ninja edit after the fact, but still caught out with a falsehood.
    But yes, the idea that the monarchy today is responsible for something that happened 800 years ago is well, ridiculous in the extreme.

Why so blasé about the Brits having responsibility for the deaths of literally countless Irish people yet you get incredibly exercised about the death of a relatively small number at the hands of Republicans?

Answered mo chara. What’s your point in this question by the way? Are you going to try and argue that we haven’t been under British misrule?

Just like I thought, markodaly did actually try and argue this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Paul Maxwell was murdered by a senior party official

Paul Maxwell was murdered by a senior party official

In the name of Sinn Féin? No.

That would be like me saying that Gary O’Flynn sending a bomb to and soliciting to kill a Revenue official did so in the name of Fianna Fáil when of course he didn’t.

lol sf the part of peace now is it ?

event the most guileless teenager wouldn't believe you there bobby

lol sf the part of peace now is it ?

event the most guileless teenager wouldn't believe you there bobby

Yes, Sinn Féin is entirely committed to peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

In the name of Sinn Féin? No.

That would be like me saying that Gary O’Flynn sending a bomb to and soliciting to kill a Revenue official did so in the name of Fianna Fáil when of course he didn’t.

So if he murdered the young lad in his spare time it doesn't count. I get your point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Would be a good question to ask Dessie Ellis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did he serve his time?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Did he serve his time?

Serving time doesn't absolve responsibility.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Serving time doesn't absolve responsibility.

You do know Dessie was acquitted Blanch? If that doesn't absolve you of responsibility I don't know what sort of justice you're looking for.

You do know Dessie was acquitted Blanch? If that doesn't absolve you of responsibility I don't know what sort of justice you're looking for.

He admitted he was involved with the PIRA at the highest level!!

What more do you need???

• Advertisement

He admitted he was involved with the PIRA at the highest level!!

What more do you need???

You called him a murderer. I'm just stating the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

He was acquitted in the london trial, still convicted for having explosives and timers.
    Don't try and portray him as a Saint.

Edit: this (you) reminds me of Trumps half truths. I honestly had thought we'd seen the end of this rubbish.

Ah here we go, when is the King of England not the King of England?

When it doesn’t suit your agenda!

When is the King of Ireland not the King of Ireland? I presume when they are foreigners? Guess what? When the Normans came over to Ireland, the King of England was a foreigner to England.
    So Henry II, the King of England, was not really the King of England? Explain that one to me so...

Oh, he was the King of England alright, but he wasn't British or even English! :pac:

Ah but sure, Dessie Ellis had no choice, he was oppressed by the British growing up in..... Dublin?! :P

He was convicted of possessing multiple power-timer units for IRA bombs.

That makes him a murderer.

blanch152 wrote: »
    He was convicted of possessing multiple power-timer units for IRA bombs.

That makes him a murderer.

He wasnt convicted of it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Keep your head in the sand there but it won't change facts.
    "A former republican prisoner, he was convicted of possession of explosives in 1983 and sentenced to 10 years."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-dessie-ellis-sinn-f%C3%A9in-1.4168912

Edit: you're confusing his acquittal in the UK with his conviction in Ireland

You called him a murderer. I'm just stating the facts.

OK can you show me where I called him a murderer???

He was, and served ten years in Portlaoise for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Sinn Fein once again showing the kind of leadership needed from those in government (as opposed to those whose abilities only extend to hurling on the ditch).

https://www.thejournal.ie/ni-assembly-abortion-bill-5382919-Mar2021/

Advertisement