Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Like you were in the garden when 'the heavy' came to see that young shinner? Yeh? :):)

Martin protected the CC by not commenting on the letter for the abuser. CC returns the favour kicking up a huff about something that nobody has yet shown is against any law or even protocol.

There you are again, nothing can be said against a SF member unless it is proven as against the law.

But, you can go around shouting that the CC is biased.

What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    There you are again, nothing can be said against a SF member unless it is proven as against the law.

What a joke.

You can say what you want against a Shinner, you just need to be able to go beyond statements like 'sneaked in', 'crony' 'a woman is not fit for a post' 'that somebody is barred from emailing a CC' or why you decided to lie about 'abusive' emails with no backup.

IMO the FF Ceann Comhairle is doing what his party leader is doing. Rather than answer questions he is making random attacks on the opposition...exactly the same thing Enda and Leo did. There is a pattern of behaviour here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Any luck on your opinion here mark? That something unconstitutional happened or unlawful? Or are we just dealing with the CC having a wee huff?

Ah see, I don't make mad stuff up. I never said anything about anything being unlawful or unconstitutional or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What a joke.

This is par of the course.

Anything that is alleged against the interests of SF, one must have an airtight case, ready to go to the High Court...
    Matlock eat your heart out.

But when it comes to 'Da Gubermnet' or the Ceann Comhairle or their favourite Leo/FG, then making up allegations is 'just airing an opinion'...

No one who engages like that are doing it honestly. We all know that.

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah see, I don't make mad stuff up. I never said anything about anything being unlawful or unconstitutional or anything like that.

So what are you saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,641 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This is par of the course.

Anything that is alleged against the interests of SF, one must have an airtight case, ready to go to the High Court...
    Matlock eat your heart out.

But when it comes to 'Da Gubermnet' or the Ceann Comhairle or their favourite Leo/FG, then making up allegations is 'just airing an opinion'...

No one who engages like that are doing it honestly. We all know that.

Correct..... even auld Donnacha demanded and got,an apology from Liveline.

They are determined to keep the suit to the front, and the party as airtight as possible.

Poor Stanno could t hold back and nearly lost the extra wedge.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yet you spent days on here insisting the Charleton report "exonerated Frances Fitzgerald for misleading the Dail"

And repeatedly ignore calls to provide the text from the relevant paragraph that exonerated her.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yet you spent days on here insisting the Charleton report "exonerated Frances Fitzgerald for misleading the Dail"

And repeatedly ignore calls to provide the text from the relevant paragraph that exonerated her.

A classic example of 'making things up'.

A classic example of 'making things up'.

It is a sign of extreme desperation if you lads are bringing Frances Fitzgerald into the Sinn Fein thread.

We now have several excellent examples of the double standards being applied by Sinn Fein supporters.

The absolute, clear cut, no comeback example I can give that slices right through the absolute BS that the poster "doesn't make things up" happened to be something that specifically involved Frances Fitzgerald FFS.

It was a complete and utter fabricated lie, and the best example of hoop talking.

At least blanch had the good sense to accept the lie being peddled about her being exonerated needed to be dropped hence he gave up on it when unable to produce the relevant text "exonerating her".

mark appears to have reached that conclusion now too.

Progress has been made. :)

Desperation indeed.

• Advertisement

It is a sign of extreme desperation if you lads are bringing Frances Fitzgerald into the Sinn Fein thread.

We now have several excellent examples of the double standards being applied by Sinn Fein supporters.

And you never mentioned SF on non SF threads ever?

As mark seems to have left, can you point out what was 'made up' about anything I have said?

While you are at it, can you also answer the questions about 'sneaked in', 'broken rules', 'why a woman is not suitable/qualified for a post' where 'abuse' was mentioned in relation to the CC.

That'll do for a start.

And you never mentioned SF on non SF threads ever?

As mark seems to have left, can you point out what was 'made up' about anything I have said?

While you are at it, can you also answer the questions about 'sneaked in', 'broken rules', 'why a woman is not suitable/qualified for a post' where 'abuse' was mentioned in relation to the CC.

That'll do for a start.

Francie, I have already told you that I have finished the discussion on those issues.

I got the discussions to the point I wanted, where the cronyism of SF was being defended but the open processes in the South were being criticised. No need for any more discussion, the hypocrisy was in plain view, why would I want to contribute further?

On the CC, the reporting was plain and simple and obvious. Again, exposing the spinnning and twisting was enough.

Must be great to be able to "get a discussion to where you want", and then be free to saunter off without having to clarify what the actual fcuk one is talking about.

That's not even "discussion" that's soapboxing and then pissing off imo.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

the FF Ceann Comhairle

Does this mean FF have more seats than SF now and are in government democratically?

Bit of a change of pace there !

Francie, I have already told you that I have finished the discussion on those issues.

I got the discussions to the point I wanted, where the cronyism of SF was being defended but the open processes in the South were being criticised. No need for any more discussion, the hypocrisy was in plain view, why would I want to contribute further?

On the CC, the reporting was plain and simple and obvious. Again, exposing the spinnning and twisting was enough.

OR: you ran away from the discussion because you couldn't explain that anything wrong was done.

You may think of yourself as some heroic lawyer in your own blockbuster but it is a charade. You built these things on lies and 'made up' representations of what happened.

We don't have any indication that the official was 'abusive' nor doe we have any law or protocol that was broken.
    What we do have is a CC having a bit of a huff about something a party - his boss routinely has a go at, in order to deflect from his own and his party's shortcomings - did.

And that is about the height of it.

Does this mean FF have more seats than SF now and are in government democratically?

What?

Must be great to be able to "get a discussion to where you want", and then be free to saunter off without having to clarify what the actual fcuk one is talking about.

That's not even "discussion" that's soapboxing and then pissing off imo.

Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Operating on the failed FG strategy of the last election...throw plenty of dirt and walk away.

Ah now, don't expect consistency of argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

What?

After the election every SF person said that FF and SF had the same seats because the CC doesn't count. Seemingly in this case it does...

After the election every SF person said that FF and SF had the same seats because the CC doesn't count. Seemingly in this case it does...

SF won the same amount of seats in the election as FF. Can you disprove this statement, knock yourself out on that.

Where did I say anywhere in this discussion that the CC gave FF more seats? Knock yourself out on that one as well.

• Advertisement

No.... Let me clarify.

FF didn't win more seats than SF, because the Ceann Comhairles seat wasn't being contested.

Was discussed on multiple threads on here at the time, and wasn't a discussion that was difficult to follow or understand, but not to everyone apparently.

Francie, I have already told you that I have finished the discussion on those issues

Your free to ignore it,and let others continue it

Demanding it be shut down as you dont like,where topic yous brought in,is going,is childish in extreme

Demanding it be shut down as you dont like,where topic yous brought in,is going,is childish in extreme

It's the equivalent of going home in a huff with the ball under your arm because it's your ball, and the opposing team scored a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

It's the equivalent of going home in a huff with the ball under your arm because it's your ball, and the opposing team scored a goal.

Well, in fairness if it is your ball, you can do what you want with it.

If the opposing team don’t have their own ball, tough luck.
    They may have scored a goal, they may even have won the game, but if they don’t have a ball...

atticu wrote: »
    Well, in fairness if it is your ball, you can do what you want with it.

If the opposing team don’t have their own ball, tough luck.
    They may have scored a goal, they may even have won the game, but if they don’t have a ball...

Going home with the ball is an idiom
    take (one's) ball and go home

To be so petulant in dealing with adversity, loss, or rejection that one quits or leaves abruptly, often disrupting other participants in the process. The image is of a child who leaves with the ball, thus preventing others from continuing to play the game.
    I didn't lose, you guys are playing wrong! That's it, I'm taking my ball and going home!
    I've heard that this new artist is a little temperamental, so, everyone, please be on your best behavior so he doesn't take his ball and go home.

One would expect others to understand that, and to not take it literally.

I am not demanding it be shut down - Francie and yourself can keep exposing the hypocrisy of the argument even further.

In this case, Francie was demanding that I answer specific spurious questions that he was asking, so the one "demanding" was not me. Off you go and tell us again how Sinn Fein cronyism is a good thing.

its not even that particularly difficult to forsee,where that conversation would go like

Throw in some random made-up sh1t and cry foul,when truth deosnt fit the fantasy

Chances are,that email to the ceann comhairle is available under FOI,the fact the indo didnt quote from it,should have told enough

FOI?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/standards_and_accountability/freedom_of_information.html#:~:text=Under%20the%20Act%2C%20the%20FOI,on%20foi.gov.ie.

"Under the Act, the FOI body must acknowledge a request for records within 2 weeks and, in most cases, respond to it within 4 weeks. If a third party is involved, there may be another 3 weeks before you receive a response."

Explain to me clearly how an email sent a few days ago is available under FOI today?

Ignorance of basic governmental functions is rampant across social media.

Off you go and tell us again how Sinn Fein cronyism is a good thing.

Not one single poster has said this....why are you making stuff up?

we got next day reply from FOI last year for assistance with a friends blog and the material within 5 working days

Have you ever sent an FOI request?

I answered plenty in my time.

I can tell you that this one would not be answered until the very last day unless the CC wanted it out there.

• Advertisement

Not one single poster has said this....why are you making stuff up?

Oh great, you agree that the appointment of Liadh without any transparency and without any competition was a bad thing. Great, we are there now, through the rabbit hole.

Advertisement