Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

jh79 wrote: »
    Given it was 94 the memory is shaky. I dunno if it was within a mile of Island Discs but I definitely seen some.

Why would I make it up? I could easily get examples from google of sectarianism in NI. That just happens to be something i saw.

There are two spots in the entirety of Enniskillen you'd see painted kerbstones even in the 90s, both are estates, one is Coleshill and the other Chanterhill, neither of which someone is likely to have come across on a random dander around the town. Nowhere in the town centre itself was there a single kerbstone painted.

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm saying either you were out rolling about a few dodgy estates or you're mixing it up with another town.

As for the lad missing a leg, around that time period I suspect I know who it was, and if I'm correct it was a motorbike accident. Not really in line with the portrait you were painting,

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

While ways of life have a link to Sinn Fein & their operation.

Can we get back more on topic.

I have used the paint for the kerbs to draw a line here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

While ways of life have a link to Sinn Fein & their operation.

Can we get back more on topic.

I have used the paint for the kerbs to draw a line here.

But what colour was the paint, Ted?

I'm only teasing, point taken and topic dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Another Twitter dump :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Another Twitter dump :confused:

It seems to be saying that the government have extended eviction restrictions for those on reduced income because of Covid or on the PUP. That is the right thing to do.

However, those still earning their usual income will no longer be protected. Why does Sinn Fein want to protect the better-off from paying their debts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    It seems to be saying that the government have extended eviction restrictions for those on reduced income because of Covid or on the PUP. That is the right thing to do.

However, those still earning their usual income will no longer be protected. Why does Sinn Fein want to protect the better-off from paying their debts?

Because if you get evicted you are vulnerable to homelessness, (and being labeled a chancer). There is a direct link between tax paying renters being evicted and homeless rates.
    More business for the government cronies but not a great deal with the tax payer expected to pick up any slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

It appears Eoin O Broin did a Roy Greenslade and wrote unbylined pieces for The Phoenix magazine.

Not a good look.

For a party that holds mainstream media in such contempt, they seem more than happy to get paid for writing articles. As long as the author's real name is hidden of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Because if you get evicted you are vulnerable to homelessness, (and being labeled a chancer). There is a direct link between tax paying renters being evicted and homeless rates.
    More business for the government cronies but not a great deal with the tax payer expected to pick up any slack.

so whats the answer , ban eviction outright ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    so whats the answer , ban eviction outright ?

It's a nice idealic and I'm sure quite popular answer, but fails to consider all the knock on consequences that a permanent eviction ban would bring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they don't, but they do want to insure they will actually be able to pay them.
    nobody is protected from paying debts, but it is important that they will be able to afford them and pay them, hence the protections having to remain.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It appears Eoin O Broin did a Roy Greenslade and wrote unbylined pieces for The Phoenix magazine.

Not a good look.

For a party that holds mainstream media in such contempt, they seem more than happy to get paid for writing articles. As long as the author's real name is hidden of course.

He wrote 2 articles between 2007 & 2010 according to your article.
    Never even heard of O'Broin then, apparently he was a councillor in NI.
    Come to think of it, I don't think I could name my local councillor here from 11 years ago.

Be interesting to see who he wrote about. Phoneix Magazine has never been much more than a niche publication ran under the stewardship of one-time Provo sympathiser and SF supporter, Paddy Prenderville. It's why it's always ignored and has such a small circulation. Even so, Eoin is not a fan of anonymous 'journalism', so it would be good if he could clear up who he wrote about. It's unusual that he cannot remember to be honest. Hopefully it wasn't one of those hatchet pieces the magazine has become known for....

Of course Gerry Adams wrote under the pseudonym Brownie during the 70's. It's where he once let slip that he was in the PIRA, a claim he has since denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@ a very cool kid.

This has everything to do with protecting second-house Investors and millionaire Landlords, who are FF,FG, and their unctious allies SF.

It is way time that the Local Council named the Housing List what it really is: The Millionaires List.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Not a good look.

I wrote an article for Phoenix Magazine in 2018 and I had no byline. The only articles with Phoenix that have a byline are the ones attributed to Goldhawk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

@ a very cool kid.

This has everything to do with protecting second-house Investors and millionaire Landlords, who are FF,FG, and their unctious allies SF.

It is way time that the Local Council named the Housing List what it really is: The Millionaires List.

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Of course Gerry Adams wrote under the pseudonym Brownie during the 70's. It's where he once let slip that he was in the PIRA, a claim he has since denied.

brownie was a few different people afaik - plus as a character was meant to represent an IRA prisoner.

they don't, but they do want to insure they will actually be able to pay them.
    nobody is protected from paying debts, but it is important that they will be able to afford them and pay them, hence the protections having to remain.

Sorry, let's be clear on this.

The Government have intervened to ensure that anyone losing income because of Covid won't be evicted. That is the correct thing to do to protect people affected by the pandemic.

Sinn Fein want to extend this protection to those unaffected by Covid, who have the income they always had, but just don't want to pay rent. It is as simple as that.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I wrote an article for Phoenix Magazine in 2018 and I had no byline. The only articles with Phoenix that have a byline are the ones attributed to Goldhawk.

We don't think you are Eoin O'Broin though.

Media manipulation is not a good look, Sinn Fein are buried deep in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I think you might be quite shocked at the pillars of society that provide info to Phoenix! Thats what it does - gets the inside track by providing anonymity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I never said I was Eoin O'Broin, I just happen to know how Phoenix works having written for them.

If you are going to dismiss someone who has actually written for Phoenix. Who will you not dismiss?

I never said I was Eoin O'Broin, I just happen to know how Phoenix works having written for them.

If you are going to dismiss someone who has actually written for Phoenix. Who will you not dismiss?

Just wondering where the new transparency that Sinn Fein go on and on about has disappeared to in such a short time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just wondering where the new transparency that Sinn Fein go on and on about has disappeared to in such a short time.

Japers, that's poor.

worlds_smallest_stretch_armstrong_1a.jpg

Be nice to see who he wrote about. Phoenix has always tended to save their nastiest and most petty ‘profiles’ for former Stickies, Sunday Independent journalists (lots of former Stickies worked there), and FG politicians. There’s a much more juicy story about Eoin brewing, but this isn’t the thread for it.

Anyone who claims to have written for Phoenix on social media?

I wonder was he based in ireland, or Serbia, or germany when he wrote the article

I wonder where a lot of the posters in this thread post from sometimes tbh

From home now, anyway, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I wonder was he based in ireland, or Serbia, or germany when he wrote the article

I wonder where a lot of the posters in this thread post from sometimes tbh

From home now, anyway, of course

Eoin O'Broin was never in Phoenix :)

(Yes, I stole that terrible joke from Twitter)

Lot of slates being lifted right now........ pond life being exposed.

Lot of slates being lifted right now........ pond life being exposed.

You talking about this?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-confirms-two-party-supporters-based-in-serbia-are-involved-in-managing-its-facebook-accounts-40251974.html

The question I ask is how come one of their 200 employees doesn't manage their social media presence? They could organise it from one of the 50 properties they own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah that's a weird one...i wonder is it common practice for irish political parties to have offshore social media managers?

Advertisement