Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You talking about this?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-confirms-two-party-supporters-based-in-serbia-are-involved-in-managing-its-facebook-accounts-40251974.html

The question I ask is how come one of their 200 employees doesn't manage their social media presence? They could organise it from one of the 50 properties they own.

Yes, didnt have that link Dr.

Kind of knew the Ultras would be in there somewhere .

Wouldn’t be active on Facebook myself.

Well done for exposing that stuff.....plenty more where that came from ..

and not from as far away as Serbia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yeah that's a weird one...i wonder is it common practice for irish political parties to have offshore social media managers?

I think any party should look after it's own social media but I get not all politicians are so inclined. We know ministers out source and we know of one party uses a UK company for spin.
    If it's paid for social media marketing does it matter where the people are based? I would more argue for loss of work for an Irish person maybe unless the Serb lads are doing it for free.

I don't see the deal here lads:
    The party said their Facebook accounts are managed in Ireland but admitted two supporters based in Eastern Europe “help out” on their social media team.

They also confirmed a member of their social media team is based in Germany and is involved in managing their Facebook accounts.

It says 'based'. They could be Irish.
    Is it a 'serb' issue? Or did youse missed the German?

Maybe the proud Irish Republicans based over on the continent do the early morning shift, thus allowing the rest of the team a few extra hours in the scratcher? Need to get the usual hashtags trending by 6am at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Maybe the proud Irish Republicans based over on the continent do the early morning shift, thus allowing the rest of the team a few extra hours in the scratcher? Need to get the usual hashtags trending by 6am at the latest.

Yep, Dr.... no matter what day of the week it is somebody has to be ‘Telling Lies’

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yeah that's a weird one...i wonder is it common practice for irish political parties to have offshore social media managers?

Has anyone pointed out what the advantage is here? What 'nefariousness' has gone on?

I would have thought it would hamper social media activity rather than give an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Anyone who claims to have written for Phoenix on social media?
    I have.

Has anyone pointed out what the advantage is here? What 'nefariousness' has gone on?

I would have thought it would hamper social media activity rather than give an advantage.

It's like they are inferring hints and saying 'worrying' or 'nefarious' at the end. You'll note there's no actual accusation or claim. It's pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It's like they are inferring hints and saying 'worrying' or 'nefarious' at the end. It's pretty sad.
    They are worried about the FFG old boys club coming to an end and someone coming in and sweeping out the place.

The SF Online Army have really rounded up on the journalist over on Twitter. Huge amounts of anger, abuse, and whataboutery going on. Why are their supporters so nasty compared to members/supporters of other parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

You talking about this?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-confirms-two-party-supporters-based-in-serbia-are-involved-in-managing-its-facebook-accounts-40251974.html

The question I ask is how come one of their 200 employees doesn't manage their social media presence? They could organise it from one of the 50 properties they own.
    I see the FG senator has discovered the internet

• Advertisement

The SF Online Army have really rounded up on the journalist over on Twitter. Huge amounts of anger, abuse, and whataboutery going on. Why are their supporters so nasty compared to members/supporters of other parties?

Like YFG? This is just another attempt at demonising SF supporters.
    One day folk like yourself might realise that people can be abusive and/or critical of government without being affiliated with any party. In fact most disgruntled punters I've met have no time for any politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://twitter.com/Watsonmydear/status/1227010507397312512

From this time last year.

EQc3hFbWAAYp96E?format=jpg&name=medium

EQc3hFUX0AMkF2g?format=jpg&name=medium

EQc3hFWXUAAZ7Ss?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Blueshirts really showing their racist colours with their anti German, anti Serb sentiments.

Can anyone explain what the issue is with having someone from outside the country managing a social media platform?

What's the accusation exactly, it can't be that they are hiding this when you can find that information easily.

Anyone?

Can anyone explain what the issue is with having someone from outside the country managing a social media platform?

What's the accusation exactly, it can't be that they are hiding this when you can find that information easily.

Anyone?

Probably to do with not hiring Sindo journalists or Terry Prone's gang.

I wonder does these Serbians do this job on a part time basis, or are they getting paid for it?

If you think it's normal that two Serbians have access to the social media accounts of Mary Lou and the rest of the posse then I've a big bag of magic beans to sell you.

Something very off about this story. Hopefully journalists aren't intimidated by the online mobs screaming abuse at them, and continue to investigate this and the 50 properties story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Anyone?

Are you seriously trying to claim that there is nobody, in Ireland, that would be capable of managing some social media accounts on SFs behalf?

Call it an unmployment aid, helping ourselves (or sinn féin, if you will)

there might even be some method of sourcing such local labour......

screen-shot-2015-09-24-at-18-03-14-752x501.png

I wonder does these Serbians do this job on a part time basis, or are they getting paid for it?

If you think it's normal that two Serbians have access to the social media accounts of Mary Lou and the rest of the posse then I've a big bag of magic beans to sell you.

Something very off about this story. Hopefully journalists aren't intimidated by the online mobs screaming abuse at them, and continue to investigate this and the 50 properties story.

There are Indians who have access to all my phone records...shock horror.

Are you seriously trying to claim that there is nobody, in Ireland, that would be capable of managing some social media accounts on SFs behalf?

Call it an uneployement solution.

there might even be some method of sourcing such local labour......

screen-shot-2015-09-24-at-18-03-14-752x501.png

What is the accusation you are making...simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sinn Fein seem very keen on foreign influence on Irish politics, especially when it comes to money.

Paying those Serbs out of the American Friends of Sinn Fein account helps to hide money from SIPO.

• Advertisement

Yep, I can think of three posters off the top of my head would call that racist if it was being said about FG.

Like what?

I find the amounts FF/FG are spending a waste considering josepha and Varadkars goofs.
    I wonder how much the tax payer is on the hook for?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein seem very keen on foreign influence on Irish politics, especially when it comes to money.

Paying those Serbs out of the American Friends of Sinn Fein account helps to hide money from SIPO.

You said the same about the Shinners when they took an ad out in US newspapers earlier this month. Any comment regarding outside influences regarding your party and the Moriarty findings. Far worse imo than two Serb bots and a German.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You said the same about the Shinners when they took an ad out in US newspapers earlier this month. Any comment regarding outside influences regarding your party and the Moriarty findings. Far worse imo than two Serb bots and a German.

I don't have a party. I voted Green for the last few elections, and as far as I recall they didn't get a mention in Moriarty.

There are repeated serious issues relating to Sinn Fein and political funding from abroad. Dismissing them does nobody any favours. SIPO is certainly concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yep, I can think of three posters off the top of my head would call that racist if it was being said about FG.

Like what?

I find the amounts FF/FG are spending a waste considering josepha and Varadkars goofs.
    I wonder how much the tax payer is on the hook for?

There is a FF/FG thread if you want to raise those issues.

Funny how it's straight to look over there at FG when accusations come up against SF.

And the SF lads spend their days accusing everyone here of whataboutery when a story breaks about FF/FG.

Ironic that.

Speculation but i spose Id look into what financial audit scope or what level of behavioural/tracking (either legal/regulatory or simply obfuscatory) dodging might become feasible or easier by hiving social media management offshore

First two things i guess id think of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

All these connections that Sf have to suspicious locations have me wondering, how much help they get from a 'certain quarter' in managing their image. I sure do hope their supporters realise what they are actually supporting as opposed to what they think they are supporting.

Dan.

Has anyone unearthed the crime here?

I love the way the Indo has with language that starts these wild goose chases. They have been doing it for years.

'It has been confirmed by SF' giving the impression that this is a scoop, when the info is freely available at the click of a button on a page called 'Page Transparency'
    Nice work for a hack, if you can get it.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The whole point of online troll farms is that dozens or even hundreds of fake media accounts are run by a small number of people. The idea is to big themselves up to look more frightening than they actually are. Plenty of these on at work on Facebook hounding Leo all the time.
    Strangely, but the episode on Homeland a few years ago dealing with this matter springs to mind.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Has anyone unearthed the crime here?

I love the way the Indo has with language that starts these wild goose chases. They have been doing it for years.

'It has been confirmed by SF' giving the impression that this is a scoop, when the info is freely available at the click of a button on a page called 'Page Transparency'
    Nice work for a hack, if you can get it.

:):)

Looks like a fishing exercise to me. It's a bit unusual, I'd say they are hoping that asking questions might reveal something nefarious.

I think whoever is running the accounts is doing so for the wrong ones. Surely the likes of Browne , Wynne, Cronin and Riada need the help. Can't see any of the ones mentioned spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories or anti-vax propaganda.

Advertisement