Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Would there be something of an issue too given the volume of people with access to the social media accounts that now it becomes less believable that social media messages actually come from the related TD?

Like if there is a huge team of lads able to change a facebook page it seems less likely the message is coming from source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Would there be something of an issue too given the volume of people with access to the social media accounts that now it becomes less believable that social media messages actually come from the related TD?

Like if there is a huge team of lads able to change a facebook page it seems less likely the message is coming from source.

It's generally not a free for all.
    You've one or two owners of the page who have workers with lower level access doing the day to day. If it's done correctly it's all vetted anyway.
    It's a genuine as any press release of statement or advert etc.
    If you work for Coca-Cola Facebook page you can't go round calling Pepsi *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A huge amount of anger from across the community in NI as a result of the decision not to prosecute any of the 24 SF elected reps who turned up at the funeral of Nutting Squad boss, Bobby Storey. Could be a decision that leads to the collapse of the devolved Government. Probably suits both the DUP and SF at this stage.

The most corrupt situation in a democracy is when the police force gives special treatment to members of a political party just because they are members of that political party. We have that situation in the North.

It is weirdly possible that this applies to both the main sectarian parties, but even if it only applies to Sinn Fein, it is very very wrong. Not surprised there are calls for the Chief Constable to resign.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bobby-storey-funeral-stormont-to-sit-on-thursday-following-sdlp-motion-to-recall-assembly-40258665.html

"The motion drafted by the party stated that it “condemns the deputy First Minister and the Finance Minister for their actions” and that the Assembly “acknowledges the pain endured by families across Northern Ireland who have experienced loss during the Covid-19 crisis”.

Such a petition requires 30 signatures for the Assembly to be recalled to debate the motion to censure Sinn Fein. It is believed the SDLP’s move is backed by the DUP, UUP and Alliance Party."

Green Party on board as well. Significant questions for Michelle.

"Green Party NI leader Clare Bailey MLA said: "This episode has demonstrated an abject failure of leadership at a time when people needed it the most.

"Apologies to date have been reserved and fall short of acknowledging the standards required from those in senior public office."

Imagine if it turned out that the Gardai declined to prosecute Leo because it turned out one of them told him is was ok to share the document?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, I am sure you are saying the same thing over on the Leo thread.
    The most corrupt situation in a democracy is when the police force gives special treatment to members of a political party just because they are members of that political party. We have that situation in the North.

It is weirdly possible that this applies to both the main sectarian parties, but even if it only applies to Sinn Fein, it is very very wrong. Not surprised there are calls for the Chief Constable to resign.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bobby-storey-funeral-stormont-to-sit-on-thursday-following-sdlp-motion-to-recall-assembly-40258665.html

"The motion drafted by the party stated that it “condemns the deputy First Minister and the Finance Minister for their actions” and that the Assembly “acknowledges the pain endured by families across Northern Ireland who have experienced loss during the Covid-19 crisis”.

Such a petition requires 30 signatures for the Assembly to be recalled to debate the motion to censure Sinn Fein. It is believed the SDLP’s move is backed by the DUP, UUP and Alliance Party."

Green Party on board as well. Significant questions for Michelle.

"Green Party NI leader Clare Bailey MLA said: "This episode has demonstrated an abject failure of leadership at a time when people needed it the most.

"Apologies to date have been reserved and fall short of acknowledging the standards required from those in senior public office."

Imagine if it turned out that the Gardai declined to prosecute Leo because it turned out one of them told him is was ok to share the document?

You now think the police in the north are corrupt because they didn't go the way you'd like? They are showing favouritism to Sinn Fein? That's a spicy meatball conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You now think the police in the north are corrupt because they didn't go the way you'd like? They are showing favouritism to Sinn Fein? That's a spicy meatball conspiracy theory.

SDLP showing the strategic nous of the DUP and UUP on this one.

• Advertisement

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't they take a seat off SF in the last elections, and are polling extremely well amongst younger Republican voters. You can also see a move towards the Alliance Party, The Greens, and more moderate and liberal voices making themselves known in the UUP.

I'm sure any decision by the police or the DPP down here in relation to a politician being investigated will be fully accepted by the SF crew around here. Otherwise it might come across as slightly hypocritical. :P

And Alliance and the Greens.

SF on their own on this one.

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't they take a seat off SF in the last elections, and are polling extremely well amongst younger Republican voters. You can also see a move towards the Alliance Party, The Greens, and more moderate and liberal voices making themselves known in the UUP.

I'm sure any decision by the police or the DPP down here in relation to a politician being investigated will be fully accepted by the SF crew around here. Otherwise it might come across as slightly hypocritical. :P

It will be akin to FG rehabilitating FF here.
    The DUP are looking for something like this. The SDLP will hand it to them on a plate.

The DUP are looking for something like this. The SDLP will hand it to them on a plate.

A clear example of the politics of if you're not with us, you're against us.

As I said earlier, there's a huge amount of anger across the green and orange about this story. 30 people were allowed turn up at funerals under the restrictions, yet the SF party felt it was ok to send 24 of their elected members alongside thousands of SF supporters to the funeral of a man who was the head of the IRA Nutting Squad. The hardcore loved that show of strength, but it repulsed everyone else.

I'd say the SDLP know exactly what they are doing. Have an impressive team up there at the moment. SF are associated with the DUP, and all the nasty pettiness and hatred that implies.

• Advertisement

Which would cancel out the conspiracy theory here?
    You don't have to agree with a judgement but claiming favouritism and conspiracy is pretty off road...
    A clear example of the politics of if you're not with us, you're against us.

Does that include your conspiracy theory about policing up north?

TBF, if SF run the north politically and are untouchable I don't know why they are pushing to change to a United Ireland...

As I said earlier, there's a huge amount of anger across the green and orange about this story. 30 people were allowed turn up at funerals under the restrictions, yet the SF party felt it was ok to send 24 of their elected members alongside thousands of SF supporters to the funeral of a man who was the head of the IRA Nutting Squad. The hardcore loved that show of strength, but it repulsed everyone else.

I'd say the SDLP know exactly what they are doing. Have an impressive team up there at the moment. SF are associated with the DUP, and all the nasty pettiness and hatred that implies.

There have been similar events in the north and here.

I'm reading varied comment across my social media feeds actually, ranging from what you say, to reminding everyone that the SDLP have lain down in similar circumstances (RHI inquiry outcome) to how pathetic it has become with the DUP now looking at withdrawing support from the policing board.

Mixed views in other words.

There have been similar events in the north and here.

I'm reading varied comment across my social media feeds actually, ranging from what you say, to reminding everyone that the SDLP have lain down in similar circumstances (RHI inquiry outcome) to how pathetic it has become with the DUP now looking at withdrawing support from the policing board.

Mixed views in other words.

I don't read comment across my social media feeds, because the algorithms ensure that you just hear what you want to hear. Contrarian views to your own are filtered out.

Some good articles on this in recent Business Post editions.

I don't read comment across my social media feeds, because the algorithms ensure that you just hear what you want to hear. Contrarian views to your own are filtered out.

You still don't know how it works if you subscribe to all political party feeds and all the media you can find, do you?

I do. My subs do not reflect my political views (the mistake you are probably making) they reflect my interest in politics and media in general.

A fine newspaper, and well worth spending a few quid on picking up a copy for different analysis on a Sunday. It was the home of Tom McGurk for many years, so it's not like SF can argue that it's yet another Free State publication that doesn't allow their voice to be heard.

You still don't know how it works if you subscribe to all political party feeds and all the media you can find, do you?

I do. My subs do not reflect my political views (the mistake you are probably making) they reflect my interest in politics and media in general.

You are under-estimating by far the power of the algorithms.

Why would there have been widespread violence and disorder if thousands of people in black trousers, black ties, and white shirts weren't allowed attend the funeral? Was Storey even a SF member? He was the head of the Nutting Squad in the 90's, and an understudy to Scappaticci in the 80's. You could never compare anyone to Lenny Murphy and his crew, but the Nutting Squad did unspeakable things. The removal of genitals was a favourite of another member of the team who I won't mention here for legal reasons.

8877274.png

If you have something to hide, you usually do.

There was nothing hidden (despite the Indo phraseology) about this. The info was available in a few clicks.

If there is an issue, would it not be more pertinent to ask what the f**k the agencies tasked to monitor and regulate are at?

I'm sure the agencies tasked to investigate political parties are taking everything into account.

You are under-estimating by far the power of the algorithms.

I'm not.

Truly fascinating watching the strop those who invested so much in the outcome of the Storey inquiry are having.

They didn't get what they wanted and now they want to take down the police and the PPS.

I.E. they want to control and direct the police and PPS in other words. Bizarre.

Make your objections, voice your concerns but walk away from the anarchy folks. Those days are over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Truly fascinating watching the strop those who invested so much in the outcome of the Storey inquiry are having.

They didn't get what they wanted and now they want to take down the police and the PPS.

I.E. they want to control and direct the police and PPS in other words. Bizarre.

Make your objections, voice your concerns but walk away from the anarchy folks. Those days are over.

Yes Darlene was pretty Angry
    The DUP were put well back in their box on BBC Northern Ireland last night when a young lady showed them up for being hypocrites in not calling for psni resignations for their disgracefull behaviour on the ormeau road recently
    Then there was Verona Murphy a wexford t.d of all people on the same show putting the DUP lad back in his box on how good the protocol is for the north
    Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you may get a court case going as well to prove or disprove your theory.

As 'always'???? :D:D

A few years ago, SF members were shot, harassed, censored and intimidated.

'Always' indeed. :)

There are differences everywhere in prosecution criteria. People have been fined and penalised here for breaches while others aren't.

The absolute hissy fits because the investment in this didn't pay off and calls to anarchy by people who should know better needs to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Hopefully someone brings a civil case against the organisers of the funeral. The fact it interfered with other families' ceremonies is a bit sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Whole thing is bull****. Funeral crowd was wrong full stop, and Michelle O'Neill should go. She won't apologise. Some neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Granadino wrote: »
    Whole thing is bull****. Funeral crowd was wrong full stop, and Michelle O'Neill should go. She won't apologise. Some neck!

Charlie Flanagan and a few others would also have to walk.
    Thats not going to happen either.

Hopefully someone brings a civil case against the organisers of the funeral. The fact it interfered with other families' ceremonies is a bit sickening

That's the democratic way to go.

Ganging up with the DUP etc to undermine the PPS and the Police...yuck...best of luck on that one Mr. Eastwood.

That's the democratic way to go.

Ganging up with the DUP etc to undermine the PPS and the Police...yuck...best of luck on that one Mr. Eastwood.

So using the democratic process to censure Sinn Fein is not democratic?

Confidence motions are the equivalent in the South to the process set in place by the SDLP. Are you against those too?

• Advertisement

Why would there have been widespread violence and disorder if thousands of people in black trousers, black ties, and white shirts weren't allowed attend the funeral? Was Storey even a SF member? He was the head of the Nutting Squad in the 90's, and an understudy to Scappaticci in the 80's. You could never compare anyone to Lenny Murphy and his crew, but the Nutting Squad did unspeakable things. The removal of genitals was a favourite of another member of the team who I won't mention here for legal reasons.

8877274.png

So the cops should have gone in mob handed? To a funeral? It all boils down to it being shinners. I don't hear anything about the Garda funeral with as many numbers. The outrage rings hollow.

Advertisement