Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDR leaves the screen washed out and dim

Options
  • 30-01-2021 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I'm getting some really washed out and dim colours when I enable HDR on Windows 10. Anyone got any ideas on what's causing it and how to remedy it?

Screen is a Iiyama PL3466WQ (curve VA panel).
    It is a Vesa certified HDR 400 screen.

Running a GTX2070 Super
    Is there anything I'm to look out for in the setting on windows or the Nvidia control panel etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 InquiringMind

You may need to enable HDR manually via the menus in the the moitor itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. I enable the HDR settings on the monitor and doesn't make a difference in windows and most apps. Can only enable it in game if the monitor is already enabled before launching the game. When I enable it in Windows it is just completely washed out definitely not the way it should look.

Ok, so just to confirm, you are enabling HRD on the monitor and enabling HDR in the Win10 display settings too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. It's enabled in Windows and on the screen settings.

Try changing connection type. If you are using HDMI then try displayport, or vice versa.

Also make sure you are using the primary port. If you look at the manual for that monitor it has different capabilities on each port e.g not all ports supoprt the max refresh rate. Use the best port possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement