Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Returning to college mid 30s - feeling anxious

• 30-01-2021 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So i am currently deciding to give college another go ! Dropped out in my teens. I have gone back and forth on the idea many times ! I will admit i feel too old to go back and dread the thought of being in a class of youngsters where i will probably stick out like a sore thumb, but am driven by the desire to get a qualification and a decent job. It has been so long since my school years i dont even now where to begin with the process !! Has anyone else here gone to college in their adulthood and how did you find it !?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hi!

Do it, you won't regret it. I'm 50 and on my 5th course as a mature student and I've never been the only one. Also, depending on the course you may be in a higher ratio of nature students to school leavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hollister2020

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Hi!

Do it, you won't regret it. I'm 50 and on my 5th course as a mature student and I've never been the only one. Also, depending on the course you may be in a higher ratio of nature students to school leavers.

Thank you for the encouragement ! I had a snoop around the WIT website.. im not quite sure about the whole procedure. Will have to give them a ring and see what the next steps are.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

Just in case you’re interested in a course that requires a CAO application, the deadline for mature students to start in Sept 2021 is tomorrow,1st of Feb. There are still loads of direct entry courses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hollister2020

DeeAvery wrote: »
    Just in case you’re interested in a course that requires a CAO application, the deadline for mature students to start in Sept 2021 is tomorrow,1st of Feb. There are still loads of direct entry courses though.

Thank you ! I was reading that only a few hours ago !! Talk about bad timing !! As i said to the poster above, i will need to get help with the procedures of applying.. i am feeling lost reading it all !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Frankfries

I was in the same boat, dropped out of college at 19, mid 30's now doing an undergrad in Engineering. Its challenging, but find something you have an interest in and then its just a matter of are you willing to put in the time. If its your goal dont let anything discourage you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement