Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Shaws 7. Hanging in for 1 bp

He won't get a bonus point if two players tie for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

27 -4 6 to play no complaints here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eggy81 wrote: »
    Well when the big name players hit form they tend to be set and forget for a few weeks at a time at least, whereas mid table and below sides players in the price ranges below returns are normally more volatile so it’d be ideal to replace one expensive player out of form with one who is if you already happy with the rest of the team. Already have money in the bank now even before taking Bruno out. I suppose defence really is the way forward at the moment.

But this season it hasn't really worked like that - look at all players over 10m

Salah 12.5m - Has he gone on a run in which he was a must have? Not really - he hasn't had any back to back double digit scores so far this season.

Mane 11.8m - only 2 double digit scores all season - and certainly you didn't miss out if you didn't have him

KdB 11.8m - i think he has only 1 goal from open play this season. If you didn't have him - you probably weren't adversely affected

Sterling 11.6m - form have been hit and miss - no back to back double digit hauls - and rotation risk

Bruno 11.4m - He's the only player in the 10m+ that you would have been adversely impacted had you not had him for his run of games up to GW17 - however since then he looks wrecked and has no supporting players in any sort of form, so he gets no help.

PEA - 11.3m - I don't think anyone would say he was a must.

So all in all, this season has showed us that set and forgetting isn't the most optimal play with big priced players as they tend to underperform more than they perform.

The FOMO is what holds most from dumping players, or benching big named players -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But this season it hasn't really worked like that - look at all players over 10m

Salah 12.5m - Has he gone on a run in which he was a must have? Not really - he hasn't had any back to back double digit scores so far this season.

Mane 11.8m - only 2 double digit scores all season - and certainly you didn't miss out if you didn't have him

KdB 11.8m - i think he has only 1 goal from open play this season. If you didn't have him - you probably weren't adversely affected

Sterling 11.6m - form have been hit and miss - no back to back double digit hauls - and rotation risk

Bruno 11.4m - He's the only player in the 10m+ that you would have been adversely impacted had you not had him for his run of games up to GW17 - however since then he looks wrecked and has no supporting players in any sort of form, so he gets no help.

PEA - 11.3m - I don't think anyone would say he was a must.

So all in all, this season has showed us that set and forgetting isn't the most optimal play with big priced players as they tend to underperform more than they perform.

The FOMO is what holds most from dumping players, or benching big named players -
    Hard to argue with any of that. I’ve had Bruno in since week 3 and have had salah son and Kdb in and out several times. Only one that really burned me was son twice. Had more success with grealish than most but dumped my villa lads a few weeks ago. Watkins back in tonight so hat trick here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

21 from 5 including captain Slightly HEWT

• Advertisement

Grealish, Zaha and Maddions/Barnes, Periera mid priced player that I think will all producing big over the next 8/9 GW's - some great fixtures in there.

Each has either good fixtures or a in a team that needs to return - Grealish also have a few DGW's to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Once bonus points are added, that should be 32 from 5.

Still doesn't make up for the double game week debacle, but not too bad considering I started the day with two non playing City defenders.

Not sure why Southampton didn't get a penalty there - looks like a handball to me - VAR looked at it a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Not sure why Southampton didn't get a penalty there - looks like a handball to me - VAR looked at it a few times

Jwp or Ings on their penos?

Thought it was a peno myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

How the **** is that not a peno?

Only thing I thought of is if it hit his body first then technically it's not a pen, but I mean look at it. It's a pen every day of the week!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

The worst decision I've seen this year, given the time taken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shocking call there. How that isn't a penalty in this day and age is absolutely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This a separate incident from the handball?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

barkley goal grealish assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

siblers wrote: »
    This a separate incident from the handball?
    When you’ve no points the bad decisions hurt even more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Grealish assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Grealish assist, points!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Might have to think about getting this Grealish fella into my team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

COH wrote: »
    Might have to think about getting this Grealish fella into my team

Haven't had him all season and it's scares me every single time I watch Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is how they’ve been doing handballs this last month or 2 though. They’ve gone from everything is a handball, to nothing is a handball unless you literally pick the ball up.

There was one in the Man City game earlier too but they didn’t spend as much time showing replays of it and talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

CSF wrote: »
    This is how they’ve been doing handballs this last month or 2 though. They’ve gone from everything is a handball, to nothing is a handball unless you literally pick the ball up.

There was one in the Man City game earlier too but they didn’t spend as much time showing replays of it and talking about it.

I agree.

its a load of cr@p.

Most obvious hand ball you ll see in a long time... he even looks at it towards d end lol brilliant

Again could do with a southampton goal here now to wipe the EMI clean sheet. Especially after that var call earlier.

JWP yellow

Southampton wouldn’t score in Amsterdam with a pocket full of 50’s.

They look so disjointed and all over the shop.

Isn’t it amazing how stupid referees are ?

Falling for the same **** every single game of the season.

You’d think they’d watch games back to judge their own performance and see how often they’ve been hoodwinked.

For every 10 times they blow the whistle I’d say 2-3 are relevant.

McCarthy save point.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martinez save point

Martinez save point

Lovely, might sneak into bonus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lovely, might sneak into bonus too.

Yeah I've been torn between wanting Southampton to attack so he could get the save and not wanting them to attack because it's torture!

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been torn between wanting Southampton to attack so he could get the save and not wanting them to attack because it's torture!

It's more torture hoping he wouldn't get a CS and now he's in the bonus points :O

Advertisement