Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

eagle eye wrote: »
    This isn't really the thread for it but my belief is that the NFL review system is best. No lines used, you get to watch replays from multiple angles at game speed only. If a clear and obvious error has been made then it's changed but it has to be clear and obvious, if it's not the play stands as called on the field

Close to that is the only way I'll ever get on board with VAR, it's been the worst addition to football in my lifetime.

If you had a VAR official who's only job was to say with 100% certainty that the ref has made a bollocks of it based on real time replays I'd get on board, it should only be utilised for proper miscarriages of justice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Logging off for the night anyway after that. What is the point of VAR... 25(-4) with 5 to go including C. Big day tomorrow.

After you made this post for the last gameweek
    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Mee (Westwood)

Glad to see villa CS gone.

I'm really really happy that VAR exists

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

my issue was the still used to decide on the offside not being the correct one to use.

It’s not the first game where they used this still showing a blurred ball either.

But we’ll have to agree to disagree on this and hope there are no more close calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ace2007 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1355634765278420993

Hoping that embeds right - that's the still that they were drawing lines on - if you look at the ball it's blurred which means it has moved due to the Adams kicking it - it's not a still of the precise moment Adams touches it, instead it's a fraction of second after - hence it's blurred.

Every tight call this season, they draw lines where the attacking player is - they never once look at the precise moment the ball is touched - why is that?

It's moving because he is kicking it and it is still very close to his foot so within a few milliseconds of the point it leaves his foot and not enough time for significant movement of the shoulder which is offside. I can't see what the issue with VAR using this picture is (as a Martinez and Targett owner:pac:). Maybe the start point of the blurring in a series of freeze frame shots is the closest they can get to the point the ball leaves the players foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

41 (-4) from 6, one of those being Wilson. The only reason I still had him was because of Kane's injury, had Kane been fit Wilson would've been out the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Rikand wrote: »
    After you made this post for the last gameweek

I'm really really happy that VAR exists

Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

10 points and gameweek rank of 6.7m :( (15 after Maguire subs in.) Biggest mistake was starting Johnstone over Martinez but at least I've learned my lesson and I'll never start him again no matter the fixtures.

Still have Robertson, Salah (c), Antonio, Coufal, Soucek and Maddison to go so still a chance to make up some ground today especially if Salah delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Klonker wrote: »
    10 points and gameweek rank of 6.7m :( (15 after Maguire subs in.) Biggest mistake was starting Johnstone over Martinez but at least I've learned my lesson and I'll never start him again no matter the fixtures.

Still have Robertson, Salah (c), Antonio, Coufal, Soucek and Maddison to go so still a chance to make up some ground today especially if Salah delivers.

A lot of people have played their captain yesterday and the overall average points of a team is 20, so a goal or assist from a captain today should bring green arrows,

I brought in Madison and took captaincy off sterling (because someone in captain thread mentioned he had 2 decent weeks in a row), I'm hoping for Leicester to do well today, I also had Bruno on my bench and I'm hopeful that Chelsea play chilwell and Zouma and they keep a clean sheet... I did expect arsenal to beat utd and kept Maguire on my bench, I shouldnt have him in my team but my team is filled with people I shouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Alonso & CHO starting as the wing backs for Chelsea today is the talk this morning.

A bad week about to get worse.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Alonso & CHO starting as the wing backs for Chelsea today is the talk this morning.

Ah ****.

That would be unbelievable having just brought in Chilwell.

Edit - and I sold a playing defender to do it and kept KWP on my bench.

Double edit - and for a -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭505_

What a disaster gameweek. Will lose a lot of ground if Salah delivers this afternoon. He’s due a score too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

All Chinese whispers, wait until team is formally announced and we will know - for all we know the people claiming Alonso/CHO are wing backs could be deliberately spreading fake team news to influence the opposition team sheet, it can and does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I’d be amazed if Chelsea are going to play wingbacks and James doesn’t start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

35 with 5 to go. Up into top 8k but Captain Sterling fail compounded by VC JamRod instead of Maddison may bite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Alonso has such a mythic about him when it comes to FPL.

He’s so attractive given the fact the guy almost hangs from the oppositions crossbar 90% of a game but he nearly never delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Chilwell bench

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »
    Chilwell bench

Hard to see him not coming on considering Alonso hasn’t played since GW3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

begbysback wrote: »
    Good news for salah captainers

Not really. No Mane will mean it's easier or Salah to be double marked. Having the dual threat on two wings means it is hard to concentrate your defenders on one side of defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

begbysback wrote: »
    I’d be amazed if Chelsea are going to play wingbacks and James doesn’t start.

Well he doesn't. Bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Alonso has such a mythic about him when it comes to FPL.

He’s so attractive given the fact the guy almost hangs from the oppositions crossbar 90% of a game but he nearly never delivers.

This is definitely incorrect!!!

He produced numbers like Trent & Robbo a few seasons at a great price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Not really. No Mane will mean it's easier or Salah to be double marked. Having the dual threat on two wings means it is hard to concentrate your defenders on one side of defence.

It's not like Liverpool will be playing with 10 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Timo Werner starts today babyyy!

Time to regress to the mean with 10 goals

As a pool supporter I wouldn’t have been surprised if he was rested today, has played a lot and seems to have dropped off the pace recently. From an fpl perspective I’ve always though salah is greedier when mane is not on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Geeez remember the days when Chelsea were the most nailed on team week in week out in FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So I had massive Sterking captain fear yesterday which has now transformed into Salah vice captain fear today.

I own Salah so insulated a bit I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Tuchel seems intent that every player gets a chance to impress.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Tuchel seems intent that every player gets a chance to impress.

Every player except James it seems

WE WANT FRANK BACK

Advertisement