Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Fitz* wrote: »
    Alonso & CHO starting as the wing backs for Chelsea today is the talk this morning.

A bad week about to get worse.

The info was correct .... Fecks up my team but at least it means Maguire can come in with his 5points and Bruno with his 3 points.... Sterling will also goto my bench and Adams brings in his 2points.... So I have 10points coming off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Alonso is a better wingback than chilwell, if he nails it he will be an excellent prob must have option given his returns in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CHE: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Silva, Hudson-Odoi, Kovačić, Jorginho, Alonso, Mount, Werner, Abraham

Subs: Kepa, James, Christensen, Zouma, Chilwell, Kanté, Havertz, Pulisic, Giroud

BUR: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, McNeil, Westwood, Cork, Brady, Wood, Vydra

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Stephens, Benson, Gudmundsson, Mumbongo, Rodriguez

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

POKERKING wrote: »
    Alonso is a better wingback than chilwell, if he nails it he will be an excellent prob must have option given his returns in the past.

Problem is that Chilwell will still play a lot of games. He won’t be dropped completely i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Carnage weekend . Roulette being played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Carnage weekend . Roulette being played

So no pressure on West ham, Liverpool or Leicester to drop players this gameweek too.

Happy enough with my gamble of Madison for captain this week - all I need is an assist or a goal and I should see green arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No Chilwell means I could be down to 10 if he doesn't come on, most likely missing the potential CS anyway.

Sorry to other Chelsea defence owners but I hope Burnley batter them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No Chilwell means I could be down to 10 if he doesn't come on, most likely missing the potential CS anyway.

Sorry to other Chelsea defence owners but I hope Burnley batter them.

No Taylor means I have 10 but Ive this feeling Bamford could be rested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still in the cup....the fella I'm playing is relatively experienced and at 900K, he has Sterling captained and vice captain is....(drumroll).... Chilwell (!)

siblers wrote: »
    No Taylor means I have 10 but Ive this feeling Bamford could be rested too.

Jesus, don't say that or I'll be down to 9.

Salah (C) might be the only thing to save my GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My entire defence benched. Worst GW in memory

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm down to 8, so hoping that Lowton can do something as the only playing sub.

Transfer fail this week with Chilwell coming in. But if I never made the transfer, I'd still have 8 as he was replacing an injured player.

Maybe I should have replaced Kane instead but I would have only gained 2 points & not lost 0.1 resale value. Would it have been worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

POKERKING wrote: »

Maybe from a FPL perspective and the Alonso from 3 or more seasons ago, he is a terrible footballer and no chance he dislodges Chilwell on a permanent basis, Alonsos shortcomings are the very reason they signed Chilwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

my bench of Soucek Coufal & Brewster all coming in if Chilwell doesn't get any minutes and theWest Ham 2 do. Probably the first time in 10 years that has happened?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CHE: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Silva, Hudson-Odoi, Kovačić, Jorginho, Alonso, Mount, Werner, Abraham

Subs: Kepa, James, Christensen, Zouma, Chilwell, Kanté, Havertz, Pulisic, Giroud

BUR: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, McNeil, Westwood, Cork, Brady, Wood, Vydra

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Stephens, Benson, Gudmundsson, Mumbongo, Rodriguez

Has to be a contender for strongest bench ever in the Premier League. It was nice of Tuchel to allow Sea Dyche to pick the Chelsea team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Werner seeing a long more action in this game - had a good chance but took his eye off the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭505_

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Werner seeing a long more action in this game - had a good chance but took his eye off the ball

He’s had good chances in most games! His finishing very much the problem. Seems the sort of striker that could go on a run when he gets one though.

Azpilicueta goal, CHO assist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dave goal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Azpilicueta goal.

wonski wrote: »
    Azpilicueta goal.

Hudson Odoi assist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Abraham assist.

given Hudson

It was Hudson 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Happy4all wrote: »
    given Hudson

Yeah I was going off what Frank Sinclair said who is reporting on Sky Sports News.

Not the first time an SSN pundit has made a mistake and won’t be the last time ...... today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Can’t hold on to Werner anymore, he’s been awful!

Chesty08 wrote: »

You are extremely patient man.

I thought everyone got rid after the penalty last time.

Pulisic coming on

Abraham off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Chesty08 wrote: »

He’s gone from bad to wurst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭505_

Hudson Odoi has looked good in both Tuchel games. Possible alternate to Soucek. Think I’ll be sticking with Soucek for the season though given his goal threat.

Advertisement