Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day thread

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

87 all out and that includes captain Bruno. Finally cracked 100k for the first time this season. All chips intact so still have hopes of at least making the top 50k by seasons end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

49 points means a drop to 347k. 6th red in a row now. Transferring Bamford out the big killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

52 - 3rd red arrow in a row and a 420k drop OR

CPOWT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

43. Glad the next deadline is tomorrow-hopefully make a bit of a dent into the large red arrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

81 despite a 7th captain fail in a row.

Transferred in Cancelo, but avoided the Everton and Spurs ‘temptations’.

Up from 97k to 48k.

Good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

My 83 brought me up to 276k up 209k places. Up nearly 850k places since the end of gameweek 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

59 and a small red arrow from 66K to 67K and a mix of greys and reds in mini leagues.

The captain fails are starting to bug me now but happy with my team overall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

81(-4) got the captain call right with Salah over Gundogan. The hit was to get Chilwell in but at least had Holding coming in for him. Bamford also a big help this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

75. Delighted with that after seeing the City team at 2 on Saturday I feared the worst! Mo & Bam doing the business for me yesterday. Up into the top 2k OR, best few gameweeks I've ever had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

75. Delighted with that after seeing the City team at 2 on Saturday I feared the worst! Mo & Bam doing the business for me yesterday. Up into the top 2k OR best few gameweeks I've ever had!!

Wow, some going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Disaster of a WC. Bamford and Salah out. 41pts and drop from 109k to 179k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Lost big ground in my ML with 48 points. Lads around me with 70/80/90 points. If you had players that hit this GW you were green arrow all the way to Mars.

Bamford not coming in as a sub killed me, others got him in as they only had 1 non playing city defender while I had 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

63 and another small red arrow (5 in the last 6 weeks) but still hovering around 2k OR. Hoping to turn a corner and start climbing again. Best season ever so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

71(-4) up to 185k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

40 points with Bamford laughing at me from the Bench - all the good work of the previous 4 green arrows undone in one foul swoop. Am still happy with my team though, just desperately unlucky to have Cancelo, Stones and Chilwell in my team. Had left out Salah as well from my WC with the plan to bring him back in for Brighton, small margins!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Is having Cancelo really unlucky? We know he’s a risk every week due to Pep and Walker is now back fit.

I’ve got Stones and Dias over him for that reason. Reckon he’ll be missing a good few more going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Stones is just as likely to go missing now that Laporte is back, there aren't any nailed on players in that City backline now. Dias is most likely I'd imagine but rotation will be huge.

Thankfully he isn't too bad at leaving defenders on the bench instead of giving them a 5 minutes runout so having a decent squad can help alleviate the issue

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Is having Cancelo really unlucky? We know he’s a risk every week due to Pep and Walker is now back fit.

I’ve got Stones and Dias over him for that reason. Reckon he’ll be missing a good few more going forward.

Walker was injured for 2 GW's :confused: Cancelo came into the team in GW5 and started 14 of the next 16 GW's so yes I would say it was unlucky. Stones is a far bigger rotation risk so I'm not seen the logic there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Walker was injured for 2 GW's :confused: Cancelo came into the team in GW5 and started 14 of the next 16 GW's so yes I would say it was unlucky. Stones is a far bigger rotation risk so I'm not seen the logic there at all?
    Eager to hear the argument about how Stones is a bigger rotation risk than Cancelo. Cancelo has been rested twice in the last 4 games. Prime rotation risk. Proper boom or bust situation considering he has a higher ceiling than the guys who get rotated less than him.

Stones has been rested once (and that wasn't completely unpredictable considering how hectic their fixture run is, even Dias could get a rest) and they've only conceded 1 goal since he came into the team. Laporte will get games but I predict many of them will be at LB.

Important to note that Laporte coming into the CB partnership means Dias has to play on his less comfortable side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

CSF wrote: »
    Eager to hear the argument about how Stones is a bigger rotation risk than Cancelo. Cancelo has been rested twice in the last 4 games. Prime rotation risk. Proper boom or bust situation considering he has a higher ceiling than the guys who get rotated less than him.

Stones has been rested once (and that wasn't completely unpredictable considering how hectic their fixture run is, even Dias could get a rest) and they've only conceded 1 goal since he came into the team. Laporte will get games but I predict many of them will be at LB.

Important to note that Laporte coming into the CB partnership means Dias has to play on his less comfortable side.

Reading on the City forums some of them wouldn't be surprised to see Dias getting rested because there are not many matches they would give him a rest in during February apart from the Swansea match. In that scenario would he be expected to come on as a sub at some point? Pep was quite happy to rest a lot of his regulars on Saturday and not bring them on, managing the 1-0.

• Advertisement

I think that the rotation options at CB are far stronger that at FB and Cancelo is far more flexible that Stones and can play in a number of positions. Cancelo is clearly a favourite of Peps and well when all is said and done Stones is still Stones.

I have both and as with all City assets its a constant gamble and you have to factor in the risk when having them, they are still worth it IMO, my original point was that it was simply unlucky to have two of them rested on the same GW.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think that the rotation options at CB are far stronger that at FB and Cancelo is far more flexible that Stones and can play in a number of positions. Cancelo is clearly a favourite of Peps and well when all is said and done Stones is still Stones.

I have both and as with all City assets its a constant gamble and you have to factor in the risk when having them, they are still worth it IMO, my original point was that it was simply unlucky to have two of them rested on the same GW.
    But fullbacks get rotated. You see this at many clubs. CBs do not get rotated. Sometimes rested during hectic fixture periods like we're in now, but generally when teams arrive on a CB partnership that works, they do not mess with it.

You look at the reliable CBs on teams across the league. They're 90 minute men week in, week out. People find it difficult to accept given his history but Stones has become a reliable CB in this partnership with Dias. People may still need rest in this hectic period but you will see this much less frequently among CBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Didn't Pep and Laporte have a falling out as well? Stones is a very reliable pick right now.

But fullbacks get rotated. You see this at many clubs. CBs do not get rotated. Sometimes rested during hectic fixture periods like we're in now, but generally when teams arrive on a CB partnership that works, they do not mess with it.

You look at the reliable CBs on teams across the league. They're 90 minute men week in, week out. People find it difficult to accept given his history but Stones has become a reliable CB in this partnership with Dias. People may still need rest in this hectic period but you will see this much less frequently among CBs.

This is Pep and City we are talking about, what other clubs do is completely irrelevant. Ederson is the only one that is risk free but he's capped at 6pts a gameweek.

I am not saying you are wrong - we have no way of knowing, it's Pep! My own personal view is that taking Cancelo out weakens the team a lot more than taking Stones out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pogue eile wrote:
    I am not saying you are wrong - we have no way of knowing, it's Pep! My own personal view is that taking Cancelo out weakens the team a lot more than taking Stones out of the team.
    Stones has been excellent and was well due to be rested. I don't see him missing many games.
    Likelihood is Dias gets a rest if anybody does. Also a strong possibility that he goes with a back three and two wing backs, those being Walker and Cancelo with Zinchenko rotating in, then Fernandinho/Rodri, Gundogan, Foden/Sliva, then Sterling/Jesus/Mahrez/Torres for the other two spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eagle eye wrote: »
    Stones has been excellent and was well due to be rested. I don't see him missing many games.
    Likelihood is Dias gets a rest if anybody does. Also a strong possibility that he goes with a back three and two wing backs, those being Walker and Cancelo with Zinchenko rotating in, then Fernandinho/Rodri, Gundogan, Foden/Sliva, then Sterling/Jesus/Mahrez/Torres for the other two spots.

We've gone from CB's don't get rested, to Stones due a rest. If stones was on the bench tomorrow night, what would this mean? an extended rest? dropped? or just the way it is at city?

Gundog could easily be benched (or rested as others like to say) and Pep put out the following

Ederson,
    Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko
    Mahrez, Silva, Foden, Sterling, Rodri
    Torres

In Mendy injured or what's happened to him?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    We've gone from CB's don't get rested, to Stones due a rest. If stones was on the bench tomorrow night, what would this mean? an extended rest? dropped? or just the way it is at city?

Gundog could easily be benched (or rested as others like to say) and Pep put out the following

Ederson,
    Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko
    Mahrez, Silva, Foden, Sterling, Rodri
    Torres

In Mendy injured or what's happened to him?
    The argument is that CBs don't get rotated when doing well, and are much less prone to a rest than other positions. With City's ridiculous fixture pileup, even Dias could get a rest tomorrow night and he is normally as close to nailed as you can get.

Advertisement