Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Home Alarm powered from a battery + home electricity?

Options
  • 30-01-2021 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Basically as the subject states. Is home alarm powered by a battery + home electricity or only by a battery?
    If it is powered by home network is it connected by default? I see wires hanging from ceiling and checked them with a special screw to see current and it shows noting. Where is it supposed to be connected then, in some junction box or inside fuse box?
    I will appreciate if someone can give an advise. I don't want to install alarm but wanted to reuse it for konnected board to create a dashboard with temperature and humidity but not sure where power comes from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Typically an alarm is powered by your domestic electricity supply with a back up battery available to supply a temporary alternative electrical source in the event of a power cut so the battery is a back up emergency voltage supply to the circuit usually

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pigletpetr

Thanks for info. Actually I made a mistake with my screw, I attached it correctly to a wire and now I see there is some current. So actually I can connect Konnected to it.

Advertisement