Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa authentication failure

Options
  • 30-01-2021 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm having issues using my debit card for online transactions. When I try to make payments or transfer money between accounts, the payment won't pass the verified by visa system. I get a message saying that the authentication process has failed. Is this an issue with my card, the verified by visa system, or something else?? I can login to my BOI 365 on both desktop and mobile app just fine

Thanks

Edit: I've checked my card and am able to both withdraw money from an ATM and tap it in shops to pay for items.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi

I'm having issues using my debit card for online transactions. When I try to make payments or transfer money between accounts, the payment won't pass the verified by visa system. I get a message saying that the authentication process has failed. Is this an issue with my card, the verified by visa system, or something else?? I can login to my BOI 365 on both desktop and mobile app just fine

Thanks

Edit: I've checked my card and am able to both withdraw money from an ATM and tap it in shops to pay for items.
    Hi Johnny Rainbow, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty using your card. To check this, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the Verified by Visa team. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 012500370. A member of the team will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement