Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070

Options
  • 30-01-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Family members house has HKC SW-1070 Alarm Control Panel.
    They had work done on the house and some of the alarm wires were cut and re-joined by the builder and some of the sensors were broken and left hanging by the wire. I was wondering if it is possible or even worth while having the system repaired? Can this system take wireless magnetic sensors? If it can is there any need for wires around the windows? Any issues the alarm might have would only be related to the builders messing up some sensors and wires as they replaced windows.
    I would appreciate any feedback from the people who know about this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Kajo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Builders tend to do that, nothing at all strange there.

Yes, the HKC 10/70 can indeed take wireless devices, if however the existing system there is made up if shock sensors and contacts then rather than just opting for contacts, please consider shocks with contacts.

I would however recommend that you stick with a wired external sounder unit.

Check out HKC.ie to see their full range of wireless equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

Thanks for the info I will check it out a bit more.

Advertisement